“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

#21 Jul 8, 2007
wulf wrote:
I've noticed "shadows" in my room from time to time.. I've noticed they tend to "slack" off when you pull out a purification spell. I'd combine the ring spell, the masters mentioned, with a simpelr purification ritual on yourself, and the victim. From there your energy will be "stronger"..atleast that's how it works for me. I'd also use certain tools to enhance your magic. Find a good quartz crystal or a few dozen... mix a bit of garic..which enchances magic..with sage..[enchanced protection is alwaysa nice thing]
..and that's basically All i know to do. My bed room is covered in my totem..so the shadows seemed to be weakened....I also have a stone with a totem near my book of shadows, along side my crystal. in combat..of all forms.. It's smart to have contigency, and back up plans. Have soemone willing to take up the burden..if you're unable to "dispell" the daker energies. Make sure this person is of strong countenance. We had an older member who effectively kiled himself by taking on too much of a laod..we attempted to stop him..but..y'know..old people are stubborn. I would "spread" the negative energy around...so that no one person bears all the weight....and then the "smaller" energies..can be dispelled little by little. A simple divide and conquer technique. I'm not sure if the masters, woudl agree with my idea..but perhaps it could be elaborated on..
You know that too much defense helps the offense, don't you? These forms... well some of them, feed on emotion. They gather in areas that are filled with emotion. "An area that is overly defended is oft filled with fear". They leach that fear and break down the barriers.
You see them whisp through and become more afraid, then you doubt your resolve and the actions you've taken. That doubt destroys every thing you've done in defense. "Keep it simple and maintain resolve." Trust what you have done and they will vanish. They cant stick around and not feed.

You will see shadows that come to play in your joy, they've come to share and return joy. Saying all shadow dwellers are evil is like saying all people are good. It's just not true. Yes the worlds appose and there is more evil in shadow than good. But if your home and effects are protected from evil, it cant get in as long as you maintain resolve. Good can get in and sometimes we freak when we see them and believe we have failed. That's when evil returns most often.

“Memento Mori”

Since: Jul 07

Shelby

#22 Jul 8, 2007
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that too much defense helps the offense, don't you? These forms... well some of them, feed on emotion. They gather in areas that are filled with emotion. "An area that is overly defended is oft filled with fear". They leach that fear and break down the barriers.
You see them whisp through and become more afraid, then you doubt your resolve and the actions you've taken. That doubt destroys every thing you've done in defense. "Keep it simple and maintain resolve." Trust what you have done and they will vanish. They cant stick around and not feed.
You will see shadows that come to play in your joy, they've come to share and return joy. Saying all shadow dwellers are evil is like saying all people are good. It's just not true. Yes the worlds appose and there is more evil in shadow than good. But if your home and effects are protected from evil, it cant get in as long as you maintain resolve. Good can get in and sometimes we freak when we see them and believe we have failed. That's when evil returns most often.
How do I word this. My area of my city..isnt' the best location for positive energy. So i safeguard my safeguards. I've also learnt in mechanics..such as aeronatucis..you have to have redundnat systems..soemtimes..a simple spell willl not work..that's where you have a back up spell. I've got a jar I cna seal energies into as well..that's pissed a few negative energieso ff from tiem to time..then I bury the lil sucker..and let the earth purify the rest :P. That's me..though.
Hecate23

Chicago, IL

#23 Jul 8, 2007
Life is filled with both positive and negative energies. All of life is ebb and flow. If one continually tries to "bury" the negative, it eventually takes on and reinforces a life of it's own. The shadows that one "sees" in form, demand that you recognize, respect and understand them. Once that is done, they will assimilate back into the universe on their own. Peace.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Monte Vista

#24 Jul 8, 2007
Hecate23 wrote:
Life is filled with both positive and negative energies. All of life is ebb and flow. If one continually tries to "bury" the negative, it eventually takes on and reinforces a life of it's own. The shadows that one "sees" in form, demand that you recognize, respect and understand them. Once that is done, they will assimilate back into the universe on their own. Peace.
Orange is filled with shades of red and yellow too. What is seen on the surface or felt is not always what's underneath. Some things can be seen as easily as that image in the mirror, it's how you realize the sight that matters. Most shadows are caused by light in the physical world we live in. most move if the light moves. Those that move on their own are seen as wazzits. Wazzit there? Wazzit real?

There is not one living being that has not seen through the vale and turned there head to look harder into it. The thing is, we are taught to refuse it in our minds. Energies? Energies are created by beings. Spiritual energies are created by spirits, physical energies are created by physical beings. The myst itself is created by beings. The idea is to investigate and understand what you are seeing.

“Join reality.”

Columbia, SC

#25 Jul 12, 2007
Hm.. though I hesitate to jump into the deep end as an unknown here, I'm afraid this is an area I have some experience in.

As a bit of background, I'm known to many as a Guardian... for some that will have meaning, for others not. Suffice to say that I can and do tap into others to protect them, or, in some cases, neutralize them.

I don't deal in spells, rituals, books, etc.. though I do see that they are a useful tool for some (don't take that as belittling, it's not in the least, simply explaining myself a bit). I deal with my mind, and the source, and so far, that's been enough.

Though it goes against the grain, and I take a lot of heat for it from some, I have no qualms with dealing with such issues with, shall we say, extreme prejudice. I sacrifice myself to shield others, and deal with what they cannot. As I'm fond of saying "It's what I do."

Often, when there is a problem, one can look within themselves to find the source. That would be my first recommendation, personally. Though, often, the source is external, and must be dealt with in a completely different way. Once again, just me, I don't bother with wards in a general sense. I shield myself on a daily basis because I tend to piss things off, but in general, I am offensive in nature. Dangerous, and I have the scars to prove it, but once again, it works for me.

To ward off such things, one must place strength in what they believe is strong, and rely on that. It could be a spell. It could be a tome. It could be a totem. It could be... anything. Find it, and use it.

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Monte Vista

#26 Jul 12, 2007
Jhembryn wrote:
Hm.. though I hesitate to jump into the deep end as an unknown here, I'm afraid this is an area I have some experience in.
As a bit of background, I'm known to many as a Guardian... for some that will have meaning, for others not. Suffice to say that I can and do tap into others to protect them, or, in some cases, neutralize them.
I don't deal in spells, rituals, books, etc.. though I do see that they are a useful tool for some (don't take that as belittling, it's not in the least, simply explaining myself a bit). I deal with my mind, and the source, and so far, that's been enough.
Though it goes against the grain, and I take a lot of heat for it from some, I have no qualms with dealing with such issues with, shall we say, extreme prejudice. I sacrifice myself to shield others, and deal with what they cannot. As I'm fond of saying "It's what I do."
Often, when there is a problem, one can look within themselves to find the source. That would be my first recommendation, personally. Though, often, the source is external, and must be dealt with in a completely different way. Once again, just me, I don't bother with wards in a general sense. I shield myself on a daily basis because I tend to piss things off, but in general, I am offensive in nature. Dangerous, and I have the scars to prove it, but once again, it works for me.
To ward off such things, one must place strength in what they believe is strong, and rely on that. It could be a spell. It could be a tome. It could be a totem. It could be... anything. Find it, and use it.
We have a Sain with the Guardian Spirit(Similar to you)who kicks demon ass and could care less what the outcome might be in a Karma type way. When she cleans house, it's over for what ever being she fights.

“I am who I am, deal with it.”

Since: Jun 07

Deployed... therefore erm nada

#27 Jul 12, 2007
Jhembryn wrote:
Question for ya, I too am a guardian, do you answer to the council?

“Join reality.”

Columbia, SC

#28 Jul 13, 2007
Anwaset wrote:
<quoted text>
Hm... I wouldn't use the phrase "answer to" anyone. I am in communication with other Guardians, and I tend to be one that is approached for advice on issues that some are hesitant to deal with. I also help those who are just coming to realization control their abilities, given that they can be dangerous to the innocent. I know because I found out about mine when I was a teenager, and some rather bad things happened to a bully who was hassling a friend of mine.

The communication is.. hm.. I suppose 'planar' is the best word. Every now and then, my wife will see my eyes glaze over, and I'll go dead-still, and she knows that I'm needed elsewhere. She's very good about making sure no one disturbs me.

About once a year, there is what I casually refer to as an all-nighter, where I get together in a safe place with other Guardians that share the level of realization I have reached. We discuss the state of our selves, and those others we have found who are new to the 'job'. I've met one other in this lifetime in person, rather interesting, and somewhat dangerous for anything that got in our way. ;) These meetings happen more often if there is a major problem and more of us are needed to focus on a certain area, which was the case about nine years ago.

Rather long-winded, as I tend to be, but to directly answer your question, I'm not familiar with any 'ruling' body that I answer to. I answer to myself, and I'm sometimes reminded by my comrades in arms of certain rules that we need to follow, as I remind them. I suppose you could say we keep our own council on what is, should, and can be done.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#29 Jul 13, 2007
Hecate23 wrote:
Thank you Hecate. Not all of us are 'light-workers', some of us work with the Shadows...help others work with (or through) their Shadows.

It's the fog ~ the white-out in between the day & night, shadow and sun, where the bogies lie in wait.

“I am who I am, deal with it.”

Since: Jun 07

Deployed... therefore erm nada

#30 Jul 13, 2007
Jhembryn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hm... I wouldn't use the phrase "answer to" anyone. I am in communication with other Guardians, and I tend to be one that is approached for advice on issues that some are hesitant to deal with. I also help those who are just coming to realization control their abilities, given that they can be dangerous to the innocent. I know because I found out about mine when I was a teenager, and some rather bad things happened to a bully who was hassling a friend of mine.
The communication is.. hm.. I suppose 'planar' is the best word. Every now and then, my wife will see my eyes glaze over, and I'll go dead-still, and she knows that I'm needed elsewhere. She's very good about making sure no one disturbs me.
About once a year, there is what I casually refer to as an all-nighter, where I get together in a safe place with other Guardians that share the level of realization I have reached. We discuss the state of our selves, and those others we have found who are new to the 'job'. I've met one other in this lifetime in person, rather interesting, and somewhat dangerous for anything that got in our way. ;) These meetings happen more often if there is a major problem and more of us are needed to focus on a certain area, which was the case about nine years ago.
Rather long-winded, as I tend to be, but to directly answer your question, I'm not familiar with any 'ruling' body that I answer to. I answer to myself, and I'm sometimes reminded by my comrades in arms of certain rules that we need to follow, as I remind them. I suppose you could say we keep our own council on what is, should, and can be done.
Heh that's pretty much what I was talking about, it's just what I call the elders. My mother was a gaurdian as well. She kept me from making too many mistakes, but I came into my own when I was around 11, and I've made a few very large mistakes,over enthusiasm on my part mostly, I want to help, but have a bit of a problem with focus, but I've learned from them. I've only ever met one other guardian outside of the astral not counting my mother. Although I have gotten talked to a few time by the elders.
Well met.

“Join reality.”

Columbia, SC

#31 Jul 13, 2007
Anwaset wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh that's pretty much what I was talking about, it's just what I call the elders. My mother was a gaurdian as well. She kept me from making too many mistakes, but I came into my own when I was around 11, and I've made a few very large mistakes,over enthusiasm on my part mostly, I want to help, but have a bit of a problem with focus, but I've learned from them. I've only ever met one other guardian outside of the astral not counting my mother. Although I have gotten talked to a few time by the elders.
Well met.
Trust me, we all make mistakes in the beginning, and it very well could be that I was one that has talked to you ;) I've only met one other that has more reach and better control than I do, though of course, I don't claim to have met everyone. We do try to limit contact for some, and even directly damper some that we deem have too much of a problem with control. I never quite looked at it as a Council... but.. my nickname with most I know is "Older than Dirt".

I'm making no claims of great authority or anything ;) But I can say that I have likely acted in the sort of role you are describing due to how fortunate I have been in learning my limits, and what isn't limited. There are those of us in each lifetime, and over many, that have the reach and ability to help control and guide, who knows, perhaps one day you will be one of them. Or perhaps you already are.
fuzzy

Largo, FL

#32 Aug 18, 2007
shadow people guard the balance if their talking to u ur off ur path in some way just listen mostly the shadow people are benign but still be careful

Since: Feb 07

Letterkenny, Ireland

#33 Aug 20, 2007
Anwaset wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok whats with all these Council's going about? Nearly everyone I know is answering to someone of late!! ANd one has been told that I must report to them and I have no idea what they are?!!! I'm not a guardian, I'm a healer!!

“Memento Mori”

Shelby

#34 Aug 20, 2007
I personally dont' try to be "a guadian" or a hero..but it seems msot ofthe time , sicne I'm the only one who will stand and "displace" certain negative energies..that I am. It gets wearisome from time to time..like whay do I even try. My favorite method to get "rid" of these negative prone energies.."demons" or "shadows", is to burn sage, and use my circle as an "entrapment" tool. Then, to keep it from "ghosting" away..like I accidentally let one do..I organize a "sphere", and make a sealing spell. Then I force the enrrgy into a jar..and either put it on a shelf and let it collect dust..or bury it, so the negativity is dissipated by the earth. I've come close to losing two or three times..mostly because of fatique. Once one "got away" and retaliated against me. I also had a "negative" energy chase me home..but it got "frazzled" when it entered my yard..cuz I havbe a perimeter protection spell :P. I dont' speak on these events much, because..it's uncouth. Most individuals believe that these are not true experiences...and coming from soeone else..I wouldn't beleive them as well.

Letterkenny, Ireland

#35 Aug 21, 2007
wulf wrote:
I personally dont' try to be "a guadian" or a hero..but it seems msot ofthe time , sicne I'm the only one who will stand and "displace" certain negative energies..that I am. It gets wearisome from time to time..like whay do I even try. My favorite method to get "rid" of these negative prone energies.."demons" or "shadows", is to burn sage, and use my circle as an "entrapment" tool. Then, to keep it from "ghosting" away..like I accidentally let one do..I organize a "sphere", and make a sealing spell. Then I force the enrrgy into a jar..and either put it on a shelf and let it collect dust..or bury it, so the negativity is dissipated by the earth. I've come close to losing two or three times..mostly because of fatique. Once one "got away" and retaliated against me. I also had a "negative" energy chase me home..but it got "frazzled" when it entered my yard..cuz I havbe a perimeter protection spell :P. I dont' speak on these events much, because..it's uncouth. Most individuals believe that these are not true experiences...and coming from soeone else..I wouldn't beleive them as well.
Dude you'd be surprised what I'm willing to believe!!! Just be careful and look after yourself!! You seem to be fairly on top of things!! Least you have wards in place! This "council" issue keeps popping up around me and I really have no clue as to what it means!! I was hoping that someone here may have clarification!!??!!

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Monte Vista

#36 Aug 21, 2007
Pharaoh-Nile wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you'd be surprised what I'm willing to believe!!! Just be careful and look after yourself!! You seem to be fairly on top of things!! Least you have wards in place! This "council" issue keeps popping up around me and I really have no clue as to what it means!! I was hoping that someone here may have clarification!!??!!
The Council. Boy did I get answers. lol. I have never looked into any form of spiritual council. So I asked Laim and the Elders about it. Popular belief has created a council of guardians.( According to the Elders of my faith)

What I've been told is that those believing in this have a council they answer to, often. This group of guardian spirits guide them on things like the correct courses of action to take with others and on behalf of others. It also sets punishments for those living guardians that do intentional harm.

That's what I've been told. It's not a regular part of our teachings so I never knew it. either.

“Memento Mori”

Shelby

#37 Aug 21, 2007
I had a friend who was an active "slayer"..yeah..kind a sounds fake already..but that's wha his group called themselves..
"slayers" and he had to answer to a council of sorts. He's the gent that taught me a few useful tricks of the trade.

I dont' know much about the entire thing..nor would I want to..b/c these guys often were assholes.

Cork, Ireland

#38 Aug 22, 2007
Kcuph wrote:
<quoted text>
The Council. Boy did I get answers. lol. I have never looked into any form of spiritual council. So I asked Laim and the Elders about it. Popular belief has created a council of guardians.( According to the Elders of my faith)
What I've been told is that those believing in this have a council they answer to, often. This group of guardian spirits guide them on things like the correct courses of action to take with others and on behalf of others. It also sets punishments for those living guardians that do intentional harm.
That's what I've been told. It's not a regular part of our teachings so I never knew it. either.
I assumed it would be something of the sort but teh thing is if it is such then the "council" is an archetype and then there may be many different sorts! Either way I still have no idea what it wants with me that it must go to my friends to deliver the message! I'm waiting to hear back from them about anymore insights they have!

“Perceptive Reality: I AM REAL”

Tullahoma, TN

#39 Aug 22, 2007
ok, a few questions regarding Guardians. background first. ok, so what has been described here is quite similar to what I was trying to learn from a friend for approximately the final 1 and 1/2 years of my enlistment. I had come to the conclusion that I could sense the presence of the demons we were hunting.(yes I know it sounds RPG-ish or whatever) I would occasionally get what I could best describe as a cold chill or tingling sensation for no apparent reason. My questions stem from the fact that I haven't really sensed anything since leaving California. It was suggested to me recently that since that time I may have been suppressing this ability and basically blocking myself off (in a manner of speaking) from that entire world. My questions are: Does this sound familiar to anyone? I mean, lately, perhaps especially with not being able to interact with people in person of similar ideas, I've been highly doubting myself. I never claimed to be performing craftwork or to be Wiccan or a Witch, in fact my best explanation of my interaction with those beings was the use of pure unadulterated willpower. I do believe at one time there were observers of a particular encounter, almost as if we were in an arena and there were observers there that supported each of us. The thing is, it troubles me that I have not been challenged in quite some time. I'm concerned that I may have put a block on my belief due to in all honesty fear of having stepped in over my head. So my questions are; Does this sound plausible to anyone, and if so, has anyone experienced similar phenomena? Also, does anyone have advice or suggestions on how to overcome this block I may have put on myself? I have discussed this with a colleague at work recently and he has suggested that it may be detrimental to my personal growth.(very long story behind that). I truly believe that I'm perhaps unwittingly limiting myself, and it's time to step back out of the box. I would truly appreciate any insight y'all may be able to offer on this.
Abua'th my friends, En Tis Blethec

“Perceptive Reality: I AM REAL”

Tullahoma, TN

#40 Aug 22, 2007
Yeah, I guess I did kind of stray from the original topic of that comment, but this has begun bothering me quite a bit lately. My apologies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 33 min JOEL 207,585
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Dec 22 thefinestallmoved... 18
torn sash Dec 21 Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov '14 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
More from around the web