The Divine Right of Kings and Generals

The Divine Right of Kings and Generals

There are 28 comments on the Salem-News.com story from Aug 18, 2013, titled The Divine Right of Kings and Generals. In it, Salem-News.com reports that:

Ever since religion as we know it was brought unto man, kings, queens and generals assumed divine power as being the representative of God on this earth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salem-News.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Atheist Silurist

Stockton-on-tees, UK

#21 Aug 23, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, the only son of God, identifies his followers as sheep, in comparison to those who refuse to follow Jesus in pure worship to Almighty God Jehovah, as goats who are stubborn and self willed. Since it is the goats that are not approved by God for salvation, I prefer to describe myself as a sheep any day.
Matthew 25:32,33
And as a Welsh man,I would rather be described as a 'sheep shagger'(a derogatory label for the Welsh by our English neighbors) than a sheep itself.
Better to be one of the sheep farmers than to be one of sheep.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#22 Aug 24, 2013
I am sure the Israelite sheep farmers and their shepherds appreciated the illustration Jesus used to show his love for his followers who obey his direction in pure worship to Almighty God Jehovah, the meek Jews did not nit pick the details, and Jehovah's witnesses don't either.
John 10:14,15

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#23 Sep 6, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
And as a Welsh man,I would rather be described as a 'sheep shagger'(a derogatory label for the Welsh by our English neighbors) than a sheep itself.
Better to be one of the sheep farmers than to be one of sheep.
When it comes to being dumber than a sheep. To many christian even out dumb the sheep.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#25 Sep 11, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Nations, tribes and people have conquered others for property, resources or control of others. Having the backing of that nations or peoples gods to infuse them with the power and belief to succeed has always been the motivating factor, even if their god was their belly.
Religions whether Pagan or Christian are still responsible for all the blood shed on this earth, in one way or another.
The Bible says that... Revelation 18:24
The God of the Bible, Almighty God Jehovah tells people who want to be his children, do not kill and love your enemies, and to obey his commands to benefit yourself.
Isaiah 48:17,18
Only Jehovah's witnesses are God's people today, and if you want to be among the survivors of the end of this world, you must know, love and serve Jehovah God with your whole life, as Jesus taught.
Matthew 22:37-39
The bible says to kill people for working on the Sabbath.
Civility _ My TRADEMARK

San Antonio, TX

#26 Jun 1, 2015
Trisha wrote:
What a mess of an article.
Isn't EVERYTHING you disagreed with a total mess and a heap of crap ?

You're such an imbecile decrepit hag !

ROFLMAO

By the way, only the Caliph has the right to be reckoned as a royal.
All the other so-called Kings, Queens etc. etc, are but PUPPETS !

Thank me for bumping your crap once again, bicth!
The Prophet Smells Bad

Richmond, TX

#27 Jun 1, 2015
Civility _ My TRADEMARK wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't EVERYTHING you disagreed with a total mess and a heap of crap ?
You're such an imbecile decrepit hag !
ROFLMAO
By the way, only the Caliph has the right to be reckoned as a royal.
All the other so-called Kings, Queens etc. etc, are but PUPPETS !
Thank me for bumping your crap once again, bicth!
Poor TOM. Just can't quite get past the anal retention stage. Who changes your diapers?
Civility _ My TRADEMARK

San Antonio, TX

#28 Jun 1, 2015
Your daughter does.

And it's not my diapers ... it's my nuts' content that she changes ---> with her mouth.
The Prophet Smells Bad

Austin, TX

#29 Jun 1, 2015
Civility _ My TRADEMARK wrote:
Your daughter does.
And it's not my diapers ... it's my nuts' content that she changes ---> with her mouth.
You don't know her name do you? I thought not. More of that phantom, wishful thinking on your part, huh TOM? Just keep up the dirty old man routine. It will come back to haunt ya though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul 16 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 14 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Jul 8 Zipp 3
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun 30 just sayin 3
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) May '17 yehoshooah adam 256,295
More from around the web