The Divine Right of Kings and Generals

Aug 18, 2013 Full story: Salem-News.com 24

Ever since religion as we know it was brought unto man, kings, queens and generals assumed divine power as being the representative of God on this earth.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#1 Aug 18, 2013
What a mess of an article.

I love how he leaves out the fact Egyptians rejected Morsi and his hoodlums because they undermined the democratic process, seizing total power.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#2 Aug 19, 2013
Nations, tribes and people have conquered others for property, resources or control of others. Having the backing of that nations or peoples gods to infuse them with the power and belief to succeed has always been the motivating factor, even if their god was their belly.

Religions whether Pagan or Christian are still responsible for all the blood shed on this earth, in one way or another.
The Bible says that... Revelation 18:24

The God of the Bible, Almighty God Jehovah tells people who want to be his children, do not kill and love your enemies, and to obey his commands to benefit yourself.
Isaiah 48:17,18

Only Jehovah's witnesses are God's people today, and if you want to be among the survivors of the end of this world, you must know, love and serve Jehovah God with your whole life, as Jesus taught.
Matthew 22:37-39

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#3 Aug 19, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Nations, tribes and people have conquered others for property, resources or control of others. Having the backing of that nations or peoples gods to infuse them with the power and belief to succeed has always been the motivating factor, even if their god was their belly.
Religions whether Pagan or Christian are still responsible for all the blood shed on this earth, in one way or another.
The God of the Bible, Almighty God Jehovah tells people who want to be his children, do not kill and love your enemies, and to obey his commands to benefit yourself.
Only Jehovah's witnesses are God's people today, and if you want to be among the survivors of the end of this world, you must know, love and serve Jehovah God with your whole life, as Jesus taught.
Sopmething for you to ponder.

Crusades.. How many were there..

The inquisition

Yes christian religion does have it hands quite a it bloody for willing to wage religious wars both against it self and abroad.
Oh and s for pagan kingdoms. Not so much. Wars were fought for political, land, or simply power. A war over which pantheon was better never happened.. Thank you..
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#4 Aug 19, 2013
Jehovah people are as bat-shit-crazy as any other religious fanatics.maybe not so despotic as some religious cults,but as equally retarded.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#5 Aug 21, 2013
I am sure the Jewish religious leaders and the court officials said the same thing about Jesus, Jehovah's witnesses are still going to persevere in our preaching work, and we will find the little sheep, Jesus said he is gathering to be his earthly subjects today.
Matthew 24:14

Since only the meek people of this earth are acceptable to Jesus, and his Father Jehovah God, we know we will find them, and they will know that Jesus sent us.
Matthew 28:19,20

John 15:19,20
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#6 Aug 21, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sopmething for you to ponder.
Crusades.. How many were there..
The inquisition
Yes christian religion does have it hands quite a it bloody for willing to wage religious wars both against it self and abroad.
Oh and s for pagan kingdoms. Not so much. Wars were fought for political, land, or simply power. A war over which pantheon was better never happened.. Thank you..
Every conquest by military force has had the blessing of that peoples god of their religion, every nation, tribe and tongue has it's own god. The God of the Bible, Jehovah has always had the Sovereign right to fight for his people, the Ancient Jews, Early Christians and Jehovah's witnesses, and that will happen very soon.
2Timothy 2:24
Romans 12:17-21
Crolath

Shingletown, CA

#7 Aug 21, 2013
I am sure the Jewish religious leaders and the court officials said the same thing about Jesus, Jehovah's witnesses are still going to persevere in our preaching work, and we will find the little sheep, Jesus said he is gathering to be his earthly subjects today.
Since only the meek people of this earth are acceptable to Jesus, and his Father Jehovah God, we know we will find them, and they will know that Jesus sent us.
You DO know what happens to sheep, don't you? First they are penned, then they are sheared, then they are slaughtered, then they are eaten. They blindly allow the ranchers to do this to them because they are one of the stupidest creatures on the planet. They may or may not have a moment at the time of their death when they realize their whole life has been a lie - but the rancher knows that the only real reason for the sheep's existence is to provide him with meat, clothinng, and lots of money. Enjoy being a sheep if you want, meanwhile, I'll be a tiger.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#8 Aug 21, 2013
Funny how people find virtue in describing themselves as sheep.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#9 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Every conquest by military force has had the blessing of that peoples god of their religion, every nation, tribe and tongue has it's own god. The God of the Bible, Jehovah has always had the Sovereign right to fight for his people, the Ancient Jews, Early Christians and Jehovah's witnesses, and that will happen very soon.
Remember the drums and the trumpets played
When we set sail on the great crusade,
And how we all looked up to see the clergyman on the quay:
Who told us we were grand and good
To fight for God, as good men should -
If the enemy comes off best, he said,
You'll be better off dead ...
And this was a couple of days before we got killed in the war.

Jake Thackray.

Jonesboro AR

#10 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Again Pagan fought for many reasons.. but it was never over religion. That would be your religion, Judaism, and Islam. These three monotheistic religions have one thing in common. Their god told them to go over to some place and kill people.

In the Pagan religions. Gods and Goddesses do a lot of things, but are not known to start a war with a different pantheon.

In fact a conquered people pantheon was often incorporated into the victors pantheon.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#11 Aug 22, 2013
Jehovah's witnesses are no part of this world or it's religions. All of Christendoms Christian Churches, and Judaism, Islam or any other religion are subject to the god of this world, Satan the Devil. 2Corinthians 4:4

The god of this world, Satan or the symbolic Dragon gives the power and authority to all Religion and Politics, all the national Governments are in the control of Satan, and their Sovereignty has been given to them by Jehovah God, to benefit all mankind. All these Kingdoms will be destroyed very soon.
Daniel 2:44
Revelation 13

Anyone who wants to survive the end of this world, must be educated in the pure language or truth of Scripture, to become a subject of God's Kingdom Government ruling in heaven today.
Now is the time to start your personal Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses. John 17:3 Matthew 28:19,20

Almighty God Jehovah does not force anyone to know, love or serve him with your whole life. Matthew 22:37-39

Jonesboro AR

#12 Aug 22, 2013
Jehovah's witnesses are no part of this world or it's religions. All of Christendoms Christian Churches, and Judaism, Islam or any other religion are subject to the god of this world, Satan the Devil. 2Corinthians 4:4
The god of this world, Satan or the symbolic Dragon gives the power and authority to all Religion and Politics, all the national Governments are in the control of Satan, and their Sovereignty has been given to them by Jehovah God, to benefit all mankind. All these Kingdoms will be destroyed very soon.
Daniel 2:44
Revelation 13
Anyone who wants to survive the end of this world, must be educated in the pure language or truth of Scripture, to become a subject of God's Kingdom Government ruling in heaven today.
Now is the time to start your personal Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses. John 17:3 Matthew 28:19,20
Almighty God Jehovah does not force anyone to know, love or serve him with your whole life. Matthew 22:37-39
Sure Right.. Got it.. The old fear and guilt.. Believe or burn routine.

I have no use for believing in a god that uses such tactics.

I will stick with mine.

Love and compassion with no strings attached.

Something that is better in my opinion.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#13 Aug 22, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure Right.. Got it.. The old fear and guilt.. Believe or burn routine.
I have no use for believing in a god that uses such tactics.
I will stick with mine.
Love and compassion with no strings attached.
Something that is better in my opinion.
There is no love in this world that doesn't cost you something. Jehovah God is pure love, and he lets man choose for themselves what they will do with their lives. But, your life was given to you and it belongs to the Creator, so if you want to be happy and content with your life, it is best to follow the directions that Jesus set out for mankind in the Law of Christ.

Jehovah God loves his earthly creation, and he would never burn anyone, even someone who hates him, that teaching is from the Catholics, who are not true Christians.

Jonesboro AR

#14 Aug 22, 2013
**YAWN**

Your biblical verses are meaningless. I am Pagan. Wiccan to be specific.

Paganism is far older than either the catholic church or christianity in general.

Your religion has nothing to offer, but fear and guilt.

For the record. The Gods and Goddesses love is freely given and can be freely received.

You can believe as you so choose. Just as I will.
ZOMBIE Mark Twain

Owensboro, KY

#15 Aug 22, 2013
A man must live with his choices if only to please others and make their choices seem worth choosing.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#16 Aug 23, 2013
In this world ruled by Satan the Devil, the god of this world, life is cheap. Entertainment shows hundreds of murders or deaths and thinks nothing of it, people who watch violence and immorality also think nothing of it. Psalm 11:5

In God's new world of righteousness, there will be no immorality or violence, no hatred, war, sickness or tears.
The Bible preached by Jehovah's witnesses is showing mankind that you must adjust your thinking to be in harmony with Almighty God Jehovah's will, as taught by Jesus Christ when he was on earth. John 3:36

This unrighteous world is going to pass away very soon, and everyone who is ungodly will be removed from this earth, only the righteous will remain and inherit God's new earth. Proverbs 2:21,22
2Peter 3:7
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#17 Aug 23, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how people find virtue in describing themselves as sheep.
Jesus, the only son of God, identifies his followers as sheep, in comparison to those who refuse to follow Jesus in pure worship to Almighty God Jehovah, as goats who are stubborn and self willed. Since it is the goats that are not approved by God for salvation, I prefer to describe myself as a sheep any day.
Matthew 25:32,33
Connie

Houston, TX

#18 Aug 23, 2013
Jehovah's witnesses created in Jesus a demi-god. I think it is just as messed up-if not more so than the trinity concept.

Humans that are NOT following their scriptures are the ones that cause problems. Jehovah's witnesses that kill, main, destroy are no better or worse than the catholics who kill, maim and destroy and they are no better than the ones that love God and try to do their best to follow the example of Jesus of the scriptures as they understand him. Having an awareness of right and wrong and a everday awareness that god knows even the birds that fall from the sky and the leaf that falls from the tree...those people have goodness in them. Thinking that you can go around and account the only necessary good as warning people that the end is near-is no kind of religion as Jesus stated it. He fed the hungry, helped the poor, and according to James, the true religion was helping the widow and orphan in their travails. I thought back to my studies in the book of James as a Christian and thought how Muslim that Christianity sounded-and so I went back and just read it now-and in the book of James, with one exception, described Islam. The one exception that I got from my quick skim may or may not actually be that different,bt I would need to study it. THAT is a beautiful religion that no one seems to practice much these days. Iknow that JWs like the faith without works is dead passage, and I would agree. But the rest... well, you seem more concerned with showing how pious you are in FS than being generous in truely Christian ways. I think that is sad when most JWs that I have known would much prefer helping people in more tangible ways than distributing literature and prospecting for converts as their service and witness.
Connie

Houston, TX

#19 Aug 23, 2013
unfortunately when I say that the religion (of James) is not practiced enough these days, I would say that includes many Muslims too-they don't get off that hook of having a "having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power." Wearing a thobe and saying that God is great is not some sign of righteousness-these days (when we see it demonstrated on media) it is usually a sign of something else entirely. What is a true believer is for God to decide, but hypocrisy exists in all faiths, unfortunately.
Atheist Silurist

Middlesbrough, UK

#20 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus, the only son of God, identifies his followers as sheep, in comparison to those who refuse to follow Jesus in pure worship to Almighty God Jehovah, as goats who are stubborn and self willed. Since it is the goats that are not approved by God for salvation, I prefer to describe myself as a sheep any day.
Matthew 25:32,33
Yeah,but that's just a load of old bollocks ,isn't it?

Just because you believe such superstitious bullshit doesn't mean that all people with more than half a brain should believe it.
Muslims believe in their religion every bit as much as you believe in yours,but it doesn't make theirs any more true than yours. Religion in the here and now is inflicting death and misery on millions of people,mostly in the muslim world. It breeds sectarianism,it is the epitome of a,them and us,mentality with murderous consequences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 min Homer 207,346
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 12 hr Big Log 17
torn sash 21 hr Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
More from around the web