Lancelot & Medusa: neo-potential

Lancelot & Medusa: neo-potential

Posted in the Pagan/Wiccan Forum

Abishai100

Abingdon, VA

#1 Oct 22, 2012
These days, video game developers produce games that offer avatar battles from diverse and variegated realms of fantasy worlds.

For example, Capcom and Marvel have united to release Street Fighter vs. X-Men fighting video games, offering vivid battle scenarios from mixed sector worlds between superhuman avatars such as Wolverine and Ryu.

This trends reflects a general trend or perhaps historic desire to recombine folk stories in creative ways.

If we take a look at two aphrodesia-related avatars from world mythology and folk tales, Lancelot and Medusa, we see they actually both represent seduction and danger. Lancelot was the fabled invincible knight of King Arthur of Camelot, and Medusa is a focus-with demon deity semi-snake avatar from Ancient Greece.

Lancelot and Medusa are both deadly when people try to outwit their authority over seduction intrigue and assassin's creeds. Medusa freezes men who stare at her and shoots poisonous arrows, while Lancelot wields incredible strength and a mystical sword, if not Excalibur itself.

To recombine Lancelot and Medusa in romantic or erotic or even fiendish ways reflects the growing creative mysticism trend in entertainment to re-present avatars from various realms as potentially compatible in the psychological domain of identity transformation.

Do these creativity considerations reflect the neo-spiritual value of the populist-friendly Hollywood (USA) movie "Avatar" (2009)?

I myself am a born-again Christian and not a Wiccan, but I know practicing Wiccans and I believe Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Avatar" (2009) are re-defining intellectually the ways in which disguise can be combined with standard spiritual catharsis, opening up new doors of communication between orthodox Christians and non-denominational practitioners such as Wiccans.

This is the neo-classical era in the constantly redefined Information Age of variegated stimulus streamlining.

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 10 min CantHideTheTruth 248,158
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Apr 29 Patrick 4,249
Interesting Satanic site Apr 26 Believer 3
Beltane Celebrations in Wv, Ky, or Oh (Feb '09) Apr 25 Donna 22
News The Return of the Invisible World Apr 24 Amberhawk 1
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Apr 23 Seo1 12
Sex and sexuality in paganism (Aug '07) Apr 16 proudpaganwitch 14
More from around the web