Rejecting a coven

Rejecting a coven

There are 2 comments on the examiner.com story from Mar 21, 2013, titled Rejecting a coven. In it, examiner.com reports that:

Usually, when a seeker or an initiate of Wicca first joins a coven, he or she is fearful of judgement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at examiner.com.

“Dance with Fire- Boycott BS”

Since: Apr 07

Moon

#1 Mar 26, 2013
Hmm, odd that she did this as another seperate article from the one about avoiding being rejected by a coven...

At any point, I think it simply boils down to communication and respect. When we first approach a group or a representative of the group, they should be able to give you a clear idea of how and when the group process begins. For instance, a open event may just be an open event and unless you speak with them and clearly let them know your interest, you may not hear from that group again. Likewise, when you do inquire about membership (initiation, dedication, etc.), the group should be able to tell you what and about how long an introductory period would be so you know where you stand with-in the context of the group. Making assumptions on either end can be hurtful and damaging in the long-run.
Ken Ra

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 26, 2013
The article I read seemed too short and a bit naive. A Coven is like a marriage, a good one is wonderful beyond belief, a bad one you will do anything to get out of. There are also predictors out there using our religion as " wolf in sheep's clothing ". We Wiccans are trying to make a better world, but it isn't there yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 8 hr yehoshooah adam 256,495
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 23 mascari wears horns 18
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 22 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb 22 Nicole Orsak 117
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb 7 Kcreoke 2
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Jan 30 lee77 117
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 26 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
More from around the web