Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 626946 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#391776 Sep 27, 2012
Kind of A funny thing i was raised a baptist but grew up to study and think on my own. I repented of my evil ways and the evil the church taught me.guess what you can do it to just think on your own.
like if the creator tells you not to eat pork don't do it...he tells you these thing because he loves you.and he knows that some day it will kill you.just as a little proof now we have the swine flu.and soon it could mutate to the point where if you eat it you can get it....
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#391777 Sep 27, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>not true LT the only one on the list that dabbled in black magic was black sabbath,tommy iomi was interested in it,alice cooper was wrongfully accused of the same thing(by guess who) but if you listen to his music,it's nothing more than growing up in california and teenage nightmares,he was even on the muppet show one time,sang the song "welcome to my nightmare",saw him live also,cut his head off with a guilatine,he put on some great shows,the other bands you menion i never saw live but i never cared for their music except for carlos santana,he was a good musician but came out at the wrong time,there were no latin rock players out there to back him up,which is to bad,if he had good back-up support he could of been better than he was.kiss was a joke,they were in it for the money only,they admitted it themselves,stiks and supertramp were nothing more than one hit wonders,no real talent there.no offense to your taste in music,but that is my opinion.lets not forget the music was trashy black people music created by the devil through the black man according to "the church" and now they own a recording studio and support gospel singing rock bands,how hypocritical.
KISS

Kings In Satan Service .
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#391778 Sep 27, 2012
Numbers 14:21Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth,
----------
Psalm 22:27All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him,
----------
Isaiah 11:9They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
----------
Isaiah 40:5And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."
----------
Jeremiah 31:34No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying,'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.---------
Zephaniah 3:9"Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder.
----------
Zechariah 14:9The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#391779 Sep 27, 2012
Live Action wrote:
most on here need to go back to bible school and be taught by someone with understanding....
Why on earth would I go to bible school if I don't believe in the bible? Come on, its not the 90s anymore, educated people today make their own personal life decisions, not from a canned book.(lol)
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#391780 Sep 27, 2012
Live Action wrote:
Kind of A funny thing i was raised a baptist but grew up to study and think on my own. I repented of my evil ways and the evil the church taught me.guess what you can do it to just think on your own.
like if the creator tells you not to eat pork don't do it...he tells you these thing because he loves you.and he knows that some day it will kill you.just as a little proof now we have the swine flu.and soon it could mutate to the point where if you eat it you can get it....
I love pork, and I eat lots of pork. I am going to eat some pork right NOW! I am healthy as a horse. You worry too much.

If the creator tells you to put you're hands on you're head and dance around, are you going to do that to?(lol)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#391781 Sep 27, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>if you close your eyes an ears how are you going to learn right from wrong? one can not just go by word of strangers,one must experience the real world and determan what is right and what is wrong,if you close yours eyes to evil your not going to know what it is are you? people who remain blind are easily fooled.
~~~

I have seen both side of the spectrum...

The ugly ungodly side as well as the power of God...especially in the

instant deliverance and healing and restoration of families ... of those that were addicted to drugs and alcohol... when I taught in a Christian Rehab.

You vacillate from one group to the other...

Is it not about time that your read you Bible and made up your own mind which side you are going to accept?

"He that does not take a stand for something ...will fall for anything.."

I write from what I have experienced, seen, and heard since I was a Child.

I have seen and experienced the results of God's presence over 60

years.

MIRACLES, Healing s, provision of needs, and abundant blessings ...

I recommend Jesus to you in His fulness...as

depicted in the Word Of God...

JUST JESUS..

WITH OUT ANY DENOMINATIONAL

EDITING S/ADDITIONS...DOGMA, TRADITIONS RITUALS, PAGAN IDOLS, ADDITIONS OR FABLES.

HE ALONE IS ALL SUFFICIENT.

AFTER ALL HE IS THE SON OF GOD...

All the rest is cosmetics and unnecessary facade.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#391782 Sep 27, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I love pork, and I eat lots of pork. I am going to eat some pork right NOW! I am healthy as a horse. You worry too much.
If the creator tells you to put you're hands on you're head and dance around, are you going to do that to?(lol)
The Bible teaches temperance in all things.

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

==>1Co 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

___

1Co 6:17 --> But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Are you of one Spirit with the Lord..?

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

Mat 15:11 ==> Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

This above is of more importance.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#391783 Sep 27, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth would I go to bible school if I don't believe in the bible? Come on, its not the 90s anymore, educated people today make their own personal life decisions, not from a canned book.(lol)
~~~

What does the 90's have to do with the WORD OF GOD,..more than any other time?

Heb 13:8 ==> Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For

it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with

meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#391784 Sep 27, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth would I go to bible school if I don't believe in the bible? Come on, its not the 90s anymore, educated people today make their own personal life decisions, not from a canned book.(lol)
Come on, Michael...are you afraid of learning something???

You read the newspaper and might learn something if you believe everything that is written in the newspaper....

Why not try reading the bible, can't hurt nothing????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#391785 Sep 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Michael...are you afraid of learning something???
You read the newspaper and might learn something if you believe everything that is written in the newspaper....
Why not try reading the bible, can't hurt nothing????
~~~

Psa_111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Pro_1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro_9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Psa_119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Pro_4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

Pro_4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Pro_16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#391786 Sep 27, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a protestant nore do i associate myself with any other organized religious group,you should know this by now,i've said it enough times,I am a realist/evolutionist,that is my religion you could say, i go by what i see and know by multiple sources that support a theory,in the case of the one god theory you have only one source the scriptures,and to me that seems unbelievable considering what transpired in jesus' short life,there were dozens of witnesses that supposedly saw him perform miracles or just preach the one god theory,yet we do not have one scap of paper from an ordinary citizen that states he saw anything that the bible claims to have happened,can you give me an honest answer to that question? think with your own mind about the question,forget your a catholic or anything that you have heard from a priest or anyone of that nature,and just think about the question,"how can there be no supporting evidence of the legitamacy of the one god theory considering the extrodinary events that took place?" and your answer is..........
.........YOU, Jethro8, can BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU WANT, as far as I am concerned!! IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY "NO DIFFERENCE" to ME or (any other Catholic) as far as I can ascertain! The TRUTH--the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH has "existed and been validated by Apologistic historian authors and writers(both Catholic and Protestant) "confirming" the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church for over 2000 years. AGAIN_--Your denial and refusal to accept these PROVEN TRUTHS---are "NOT MY PROBLEM---"but YOURS, to deal with"! The FACT is that heretics,"like you, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, justachristian1, OLDJG, along with other "anti-catholic" bible only Protestants, agnostics and atheists--"have come and gone---for over 2000 years"---YET--THE ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH established, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-------"LIVES ON"!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#391787 Sep 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Psa_111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Pro_1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Pro_9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Psa_119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Pro_4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Pro_4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Pro_16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
YEP!!!

It is SAD, isn't it GIF???

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#391788 Sep 27, 2012
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>in my opinion outside of the great days of the blues dating from the 1920's to the 50's the best era for music was produced from 1965 to 1975 and first half of 76, when disco came out music went and still is going down hill.
Im with the Old blues,real jazz, Motown, the Beatles and Stones

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#391789 Sep 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Psa_111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Pro_1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Pro_9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Psa_119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Pro_4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
Pro_4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Pro_16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
~~~

Pro 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

Pro 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

Pro 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Pro 3:9 Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

Pro 3:10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

Pro 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#391790 Sep 27, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible teaches temperance in all things.
1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
==>1Co 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
___
1Co 6:17 --> But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Are you of one Spirit with the Lord..?
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
Mat 15:11 ==> Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
This above is of more importance.
Do you eat pork?
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#391791 Sep 27, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth would I go to bible school if I don't believe in the bible? Come on, its not the 90s anymore, educated people today make their own personal life decisions, not from a canned book.(lol)
yes it is your choice
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#391792 Sep 27, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
.........YOU, Jethro8, can BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU WANT, as far as I am concerned!! IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY "NO DIFFERENCE" to ME or (any other Catholic) as far as I can ascertain! The TRUTH--the HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH has "existed and been validated by Apologistic historian authors and writers(both Catholic and Protestant) "confirming" the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church for over 2000 years. AGAIN_--Your denial and refusal to accept these PROVEN TRUTHS---are "NOT MY PROBLEM---"but YOURS, to deal with"! The FACT is that heretics,"like you, Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, Michael, justachristian1, OLDJG, along with other "anti-catholic" bible only Protestants, agnostics and atheists--"have come and gone---for over 2000 years"---YET--THE ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH established, initiated and formed by Jesus Christ HIMSELF-------"LIVES ON"!!!!!!
If it makes ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE to you, why do you keep posting back to Jethro telling him that ONLY you're way is right..........if it makes absolutely no difference to you!(lol)

YOu forgot FREE MIND and NASL.......Come on!
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#391793 Sep 27, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I love pork, and I eat lots of pork. I am going to eat some pork right NOW! I am healthy as a horse. You worry too much.
If the creator tells you to put you're hands on you're head and dance around, are you going to do that to?(lol)
i just might but i would lay off the pork ......do you think you will when it is transmitted by eating it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#391794 Sep 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP!!!
It is SAD, isn't it GIF???
~~~

"One can lead a horse to water...

BUT

he can't make him drink.."

BUT

GOD HAS A WAY ...

OF SALTING THE OATS ...

OF THOSE THAT ARE NOT THIRSTY..

____

JESUS SAID

Mat_5:6 ==>Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

==>I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev_22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And

==>whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
MICHAEL

Hamilton, Canada

#391795 Sep 27, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Michael...are you afraid of learning something???
You read the newspaper and might learn something if you believe everything that is written in the newspaper....
Why not try reading the bible, can't hurt nothing????
I have been through the bible. Lots of killing and punishing by God.
Read some of this......RIGHT FROM THE HOLY BIBLE......
GE 3:1-7, 22-24 God allows Adam and Eve to be deceived by the Serpent (the craftiest of all of God's wild creatures). They eat of the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil," thereby incurring death for themselves and all of mankind for ever after. God prevents them from regaining eternal life, by placing a guard around the "Tree of Eternal Life." (Note: God could have done the same for the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" in the first place and would thereby have prevented the Fall of man, the necessity for Salvation, the Crucifixion of Jesus, etc.)
GE 4:2-8 God's arbitrary preference of Abel's offering to that of Cain's provokes Cain to commit the first biblically recorded murder and kill his brother Abel.
GE 34:13-29 The Israelites kill Hamor, his son, and all the men of their village, taking as plunder their wealth, cattle, wives and children.
GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.
GE 19:26 God personally sees to it that Lot's wife is turned to a pillar of salt (for having looked behind her while fleeing the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah).
GE 38:9 "... whenever he lay with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked ..., so the Lord put him to death."
EX 2:12 Moses murders an Egyptian.
EX 7:1, 14, 9:14-16, 10:1-2, 11:7 The purpose of the devastation that God brings to the Egyptians is as follows:
to show that he is Lord;
to show that there is none like him in all the earth;
to show his great power;
to cause his name to be declared throughout the earth;
to give the Israelites something to talk about with their children;
to show that he makes a distinction between Israel and Egypt.
EX 9:22-25 A plague of hail from the Lord strikes down everything in the fields of Egypt both man and beast except in Goshen where the Israelites reside.
EX 12:29 The Lord kills all the first-born in the land of Egypt.
EX 17:13 With the Lord's approval, Joshua mows down Amalek and his people.
EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.
EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.
EX 32:27-29 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites slay 3000 men.
LE 26:7-8 The Lord promises the Israelites that, if they are obedient, their enemies will "fall before your sword."
LE 26:22 "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children."
LE 26:29, DT 28:53, JE 19:9, EZ 5:8-10 As a punishment, the Lord will cause people to eat the flesh of their own sons and daughters and fathers and friends.
LE 27:29 Human sacrifice is condoned.(Note: An example is given in JG 11:30-39)
NU 11:33 The Lord smites the people with a great plague.

continued.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orthodox Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Gay conversion' therapists find safe haven in ... Feb 4 Undie Concerned F... 4
News Christian churches close to deal to fix common ... Jan 18 Optimus61 1
News Patriarch: If It Comes To Choosing, Russia Come... Jan 14 Tanya Yorky 1
News Rubio's Awkward Balancing Act Between Evangelic... Jan 11 Riding the Range 1
News Synagogue founder alleges illegal seizure of te... Jan 11 Sasha Mann 1
News Orthodox faithful mark Christmas with services,... Jan 8 CoolBeansBroski 1
News Kosovo hopes to join UNESCO; vows to protect Se... Dec '15 Srpski Radikali 21
More from around the web