Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685833 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#370097 Jul 2, 2012
After the embarrassment of the "3rd Secret of Fatima," Pope Benedict explained...

"The purpose of the vision is not to show a film of an irrevocably fixed future. Its meaning is exactly the opposite: it is meant to mobilize the forces of change in the right direction."

10,000% PURE BS....

If these secrets were "meant to mobilize the forces of change in the right direction," then why did the Vatican wait over 20 years to release the second secret until after the fact -- the one warning of WW2 if mankind didn't do what Mary said?

So much for Benedict's BS about mobilizing the forces of change.

Facts and careful reading are not kind to the Roman Catholic church.
ReginaM

Little Falls, NJ

#370098 Jul 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Unreal huh? It amazes me that he/she even comes on here. I haven't seen anyone respond to her in 6 months. Except for Michael.
Sadly, we already combed over all of Frees concerns in great detail.
Explained where he was in error. But the next day, he was back at it, as if it never happened.
Now Free calls the Blessed Mother a Narcissist Slut??
And Protestants will not defend the Virgin on this?
Its moments like these that I hold my head high knowing I am on the right side. God's side.(and are you to)
It's unbelievable! I like your perspective, thank you!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#370099 Jul 2, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Statue, Icon, Image = Idol
Daniel 3
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
3 King Nabuchodonosor made a statue of gold, of sixty cubits high, and six cubits broad, and he set it up in the plain of Dura of the province of Babylon.
2 Then Nabuchodonosor the king sent to call together the nobles, the magistrates, and the judges, the captains, the rulers, and governors, and all the chief men of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the statue which king Nabuchodonosor had set up.

EDITED FOR SPACE
4 Then a herald cried with a strong voice: To you it is commanded, O nations, tribes, and languages:

6 But if any man shall not fall down and adore, he shall the same hour be cast into a furnace of burning fire.
7 Upon this therefore, at the time when all the people heard the sound of the trumpet, the flute, and the harp, of the sackbut, and the psaltery, of the symphony, and of all kind of music: all the nations, tribes, and languages fell down and adored the golden statue which king Nabuchodonosor had set up.
8 And presently at that very time some Chaldeans came and accused the Jews,
9 And said to king Nabuchodonosor: O king, live for ever:
10 Thou, O king, hast made a decree that every man that shall bear the sound of the trumpet, the flute, and the harp, of the sackbut, and the psaltery, of the symphony, and of all kind of music, shall prostrate himself, and adore the golden statue:
11 And that if any man shall not fall down and adore, he should be cast into a furnace of burning fire.
12 Now there are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the works of the province of Babylon, Sidrach, Misach, and Abdenago: these men, O king, have slighted thy decree: they worship not thy gods, nor do they adore the golden statue which thou hast set up.
13 Then Nabuchodonosor in fury, and in wrath, commanded that Sidrach, Misach, and Abdenago should be brought: who immediately were brought before the king.
14 And Nabuchodonosor the king spoke to them, and said: Is it true, O Sidrach, Misach, and Abdenago, that you do not worship my gods, nor adore the golden statue that I have set up?
15 Now therefore if you be ready at what hour soever you shall hear the sound of the trumpet, flute, harp, sackbut, and psaltery, and symphony, and of all kind of music, prostrate yourselves, and adore the statue which I have made: but if you do not adore, you shall be cast the same hour into the furnace of burning fire: and who is the God that shall deliver you out of my hand?
16 Sidrach, Misach, and Abdenago answered and said to king Nabuchodonosor: We have no occasion to answer thee concerning this matter.
17 For behold our God, whom we worship, is able to save us from the furnace of burning fire, and to deliver us out of thy hands, O king.
18 But if he will not, be it known to thee, O king, that we will not worship thy gods, nor adore the golden statue which thou hast set up.
So "Statue, Icon, Image = Idol". By this definition your drivers license photo (image) is an idol.A department store statue modeling clothes is an idol. You see what I mean. It is not the object. It is the state of mind.Last time I checked King Nabuchodonosor was not painting our icons.It was people required to study Orthodoxy and live holy lives. People like the monks of Mt Athos that left all their worldly people and possessions, fast, eat 1 time a day when they eat, sleep 3 hours a day, and pray, work , study the Word and conduct the liturgy all day.I doubt whether they are doing all this so the workld will woprship idols.. There is a whole world out there that you dont know about and it is a spiritual world. rthodoxy runs deep. A surface look will not give you the picture.
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#370100 Jul 2, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
"When her comments became more and more incoherent, it became quite obvious that she was under the influence. That's not making fun of someone's misfortune, it's stating the obvious."
i'm sure Regina can't believe you said that, your most likely blasphemy the Word of Truth, which you are without understanding.
Marge, I have told people to stop making fun of you because of pot.
We have Had lots of disagreements on here but have always maintained our friendship. I have many issues I am dealing with as have you and many other people on here.
Regina, Anthony, and many others on here state what they believe,I stated what I believe about the cathoic church and what the Bible says about it.
The lies they are being feed is criminal, I have never called the Virgin Mary a slut and never would, The Mary that the catholic church has people kneeling to and praying to is not the Mary of the Bible, the Mother of Jesus.
I am more convinced then ever Marge, till Jesus takes the spirit of deafness off them they will believe the lies because they can't hear the truth like Jill said.
They got to want to know the truth, they must seek it with a passion, and wisdom to understand Gods word.
God Bless you Marge, Our Canada weekend is near over and I am going to get some rest before everyone piles in here about 3.AM.
Hope you have a great 4th of July. love you sis.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#370101 Jul 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think thats going to happen. So far, science has only proven the likelihood of a supernatural deity at work in the universe.
I mean, how great do the odds have to be, for us to logically say "things didn't just happen"....
Don't get me wrong, the whole idea of God is crazy to ponder. That does not mean He don't exist.
Talking with you online from thousands of miles away - through cable and wireless signals is crazy!! Sure we know how it works, but its still unbelievable.
The thing is....as long as science dismisses the spiritual component of humans, then science is not sufficient enough to explain our existence. We all have a spiritual component that we can not prove on paper. But I know who I am and I know it is there. That's all the explanation I need.
You sound like a Southern baptist.

"So far, science has only proven the likelihood of a supernatural deity at work in the universe."

A court in Kansas says you are a liar. Science has "proven" nothing of the sort and very few scientists even make that assertion.

Even your own church makes no such claim about science having proven such.

Satan = lies = Clay.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#370102 Jul 2, 2012
I give exact wording backed by links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of...

According to the Vatican, Mary says...

"....., God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

WOW!!!-- "world devotion to my Immaculate Heart" or WW2.

This BS is from a "one true" church?

Pure Baloney. Another example of what happens when realty and careful examination are applied to the Vatican's BS.
blacklagoon

Waverley, MA

#370103 Jul 2, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Marcion was a heretic. He wrote no canons.He believed that the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Teastament were 2 different Gods.He perhaps was the first to express his views on which canons should be included inthe ible. His views were so shocking that it forced the legitimate Christians to come up with their own list. In other words,Marcion, the heretic was so off track that he forced the Christians to make a list opf what was legitimate canon and what was not.
Marcion, therefore, rejected the entire Old Testament.
He accepted the following Christian writings in this order:
Gospel according to Luke
Galatians
I Corinthians
II Corinthians
Romans
I Thessalonians
II Thessalonians
Ephesians (which Marcion called Laodiceans)
Colossians
Philemon
Philippians
but only after pruning and editorial adjustment.
Marcion rejected the following Christian writings:
Gospel according to Matthew
Gospel according to John
Marcion WAS the first Christian leader to propose and delineate a canon. And you're right, after Marcion Christians began t divide texts into those that aligned with the accepted theological thoughts and rejected those that didn't. This process played a major role in finalizing the structure and contents of the collected works now called the bible.

My whole point was to point out that the bible was in fact written by men, I can't see how anyone can say its the "Word of God" I hear phrases like "It was inspired by God." I'm not even sure what that means. Either way it is not literally the word of God.

Location hidden

#370104 Jul 2, 2012
God made us in his image. We were the temple. We were God's created temple.And every single one of us has made a mockery of that if we really look at are we the likeness of God.But does it remove His image from our heart-No. Dioes it undo the loving work that he has done creating us? No.Does it undo the creation and prove God did not create us in His image? No.

Now lets take His Church.His Fallen church. His sinful Church.Does it mean He did not choose it? Does it mean that the Truth He deposited with that Church is no longer valid?

Are we still the temple of the Lord though we profane it with our sin. Does He still choose us as His Children>

The same with His Church.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#370105 Jul 2, 2012
<quoted text>Go ask some more infantile questions that could be answered by a little reading (Theology 101). Do you like that answer?
Then embrace this goddess too...

"world devotion to my Immaculate Heart" or WW2.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#370106 Jul 2, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The drama queens are at it again.
I never said Mary was a narcissistic slut. I asked why the Catholic Church makes her out as one -- by making up the absurd second secret of Fatima.
The Vatican put these words into Mary's mouth.....
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
So according to the BS Vatican story, WW2 came about because there wasn't enough devotion to Mary's "Immaculate Heart."
Again according to your Church, Mary says -- "world devotion to my Immaculate Heart" or WW2.
Now drama queens -- who is putting Mary down -- really?
YOU are the ones making her out to be a narcissist.
It's so absurd, you can't even face the facts. So you lie, twist my words, and act indignant. Drama queens.
Shame on You for calling the Blessed Mother a s--t.Remember she was chosen by God to be Jesus's mother.

Location hidden

#370107 Jul 2, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Marcion WAS the first Christian leader to propose and delineate a canon. And you're right, after Marcion Christians began t divide texts into those that aligned with the accepted theological thoughts and rejected those that didn't. This process played a major role in finalizing the structure and contents of the collected works now called the bible.
My whole point was to point out that the bible was in fact written by men, I can't see how anyone can say its the "Word of God" I hear phrases like "It was inspired by God." I'm not even sure what that means. Either way it is not literally the word of God.
Yes, sir. Thanks we agree.

Location hidden

#370108 Jul 2, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Then embrace this goddess too...
"world devotion to my Immaculate Heart" or WW2.
I am not Catholic.I know little about Fatima to give a knowledgeable answer.At first look what you descrfibe looks unacceptable. I will grant you that.But I do not know the whole picture.Was the message to embrace Christ and Her's heart, the heart of Christ, the heart of a Christian or there would be war because the direction the world would go. How you pose it it makes it sound like a threat. I truly have not studied it.
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#370109 Jul 2, 2012
God made us in his image. We were the temple. We were God's created temple.And every single one of us has made a mockery of that if we really look at are we the likeness of God.But does it remove His image from our heart-No. Dioes it undo the loving work that he has done creating us? No.Does it undo the creation and prove God did not create us in His image? No.
Now lets take His Church.His Fallen church. His sinful Church.Does it mean He did not choose it? Does it mean that the Truth He deposited with that Church is no longer valid?
Are we still the temple of the Lord though we profane it with our sin. Does He still choose us as His Children>
The same with His Church.
God appointed a church he knew would be fallen!!!

For what purpose a fallen one-true church?

For what purpose a church so corruptible that man can not recognize it by using his God-given wisdom, nor by reading the words of Jesus in the Bible?

To accept this one true church....

1... man must ignore some of the clearest words of Jesus in the Bible.

2... and accept the words of men.

Sure.
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#370110 Jul 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen very carefully....it is not worshiping them, because um, ugh, eh, we are NOT WORSHIPING them!
You are in sin for knowingly being ignorant on this topic. You do know the truth and are spreading lies anyway cuz you hate Catholics.
Therefore I would ask you to hand over your 'Christian card'. And I'll give it back after you loose the 5th grade mental approach to the faith.
I am in sin for being ignorant of this subject Hmmmm Well that is kind of an oxymoron on you part clay. I don't believe what your saying because I know it isn't true.
It is you that is ignorant because you don't understand what you are doing . is a sin.
Your cHurch has graving images of, what they call Mary, Jesus, St, Michael, etc. in your church . Your church has place Mary in heaven , some catholic's believe is is the wife of the Holy Spirit, Or Mother of God. it all depends on what catholic you are talking about. Any how, Mary and the rest of these sanits are in Heaven . God said in Exodus 20 :4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Now you know you have no excuse for bowing to them, and every time you do I Pray God brings these verse to your memory:
blacklagoon

Waverley, MA

#370111 Jul 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think thats going to happen. So far, science has only proven the likelihood of a supernatural deity at work in the universe.
I mean, how great do the odds have to be, for us to logically say "things didn't just happen"....
Don't get me wrong, the whole idea of God is crazy to ponder. That does not mean He don't exist.
Talking with you online from thousands of miles away - through cable and wireless signals is crazy!! Sure we know how it works, but its still unbelievable.
The thing is....as long as science dismisses the spiritual component of humans, then science is not sufficient enough to explain our existence. We all have a spiritual component that we can not prove on paper. But I know who I am and I know it is there. That's all the explanation I need.
Given time, of course its going to happen. Look at the history of religion versus science. How many naturalistic events were attributed to God? Thunder, lightning, volcanos, destructive storms, tsunamis, earthquakes, diseases, plagues. Science has solved each one and replaced God with scientific understanding. As time progresses and science continues to replace "God answers" God becomes an ever decreasing pocket of scientific ignorance. Within a decade or less, science will create life from non-life, Abiogenesis, and once more the "God answer" will be pushed aside. Terraforming a planet to suit our needs, creating a planet, all seem within reach. Man will create life and create a planet, were is your God now?

Science has proven no such thing as the likelihood of a supernatural deity at work in the universe. Where did you ever get such an idea? Show me the peer review paper, the date it was published, and the author, that states the evince for a supernatural deity that is at "work" in the universe.

Of course science dismisses the "spiritual component" it's not real!! There is no demonstrable evidence for a spiritual realm. Science can only deal with things found in the naturalistic realm.

No one said "Things just happened" I fully know how stars and planetary systems are formed, I understand completely how evolution works. There are many theories as to how the universe came to be, in all of these there is nothing that say's "Things just happen" We have a great many explanations as to how "things happened" The superior intellect searches for answers, others suspend any explorations and attribute things they can't understand to a mythical being. Doesn't make much sense to me!!!!
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#370112 Jul 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen very carefully....it is not worshiping them, because um, ugh, eh, we are NOT WORSHIPING them!
You are in sin for knowingly being ignorant on this topic. You do know the truth and are spreading lies anyway cuz you hate Catholics.
Therefore I would ask you to hand over your 'Christian card'. And I'll give it back after you loose the 5th grade mental approach to the faith.
Please be grown up enough to discuss this topic, without the name calling and put downs. I do not hate catholic's I hate no man.
I just don't agree with the doctrine of the catholic church. Just like you don't agree with Protestant churchs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#370113 Jul 2, 2012
<quoted text>I am not Catholic.I know little about Fatima to give a knowledgeable answer.At first look what you descrfibe looks unacceptable. I will grant you that.But I do not know the whole picture.Was the message to embrace Christ and Her's heart, the heart of Christ, the heart of a Christian or there would be war because the direction the world would go. How you pose it it makes it sound like a threat. I truly have not studied it.
I don't "pose" anything.

I give the EXACT WORDS OF MARY as reported by the Vatican. Here is a concise, footnoted link.

You can easily verify that these are Mary's exact words, at least according to the Vatican (reported after-the-fact of course).

The Vatican has either..

1... lied about this for almost 100 years (very likely),

2... or your Mother of God is a narcissist who demands to be worshiped.

There is no other way to put it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Denver, CO

#370114 Jul 2, 2012
"For there is One GOD and one mediator between GOD and men, the man Christ Jesus."

http://bible.cc/1_timothy/2-5.htm

Jesus answered, "I Am The Way, The Truth and Life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

http://bible.cc/john/14-6.htm

"For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it." http://bible.cc/john/12-49.htm
Free Mind

Orlando, FL

#370115 Jul 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in sin for being ignorant of this subject Hmmmm Well that is kind of an oxymoron on you part clay. I don't believe what your saying because I know it isn't true.
It is you that is ignorant because you don't understand what you are doing . is a sin.
Your cHurch has graving images of, what they call Mary, Jesus, St, Michael, etc. in your church . Your church has place Mary in heaven , some catholic's believe is is the wife of the Holy Spirit, Or Mother of God. it all depends on what catholic you are talking about. Any how, Mary and the rest of these sanits are in Heaven . God said in Exodus 20 :4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Now you know you have no excuse for bowing to them, and every time you do I Pray God brings these verse to your memory:
Catholics speak out of both sides of their mouth.

One one hand, they insist they don't "worship" Mary.

On the other hand, according to the Church's most famous miracle, Mary tells us how souls are to be saved.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."

In fact, devotion to Mary... or WW2 no less.

If that isn't a demand to be worshiped, what is???????

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LTM

Hamilton, Canada

#370116 Jul 2, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The drama queens are at it again.
I never said Mary was a narcissistic slut. I asked why the Catholic Church makes her out as one -- by making up the absurd second secret of Fatima.
The Vatican put these words into Mary's mouth.....
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
So according to the BS Vatican story, WW2 came about because there wasn't enough devotion to Mary's "Immaculate Heart."
Again according to your Church, Mary says -- "world devotion to my Immaculate Heart" or WW2.
Now drama queens -- who is putting Mary down -- really?
YOU are the ones making her out to be a narcissist.
It's so absurd, you can't even face the facts. So you lie, twist my words, and act indignant. Drama queens.
Free Mind this is a very good example of what Regina does best, takes everything you say and twist it to mind something totally different then what you meant it. She does it so well.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orthodox Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romanian Orthodox Bishop Resigns After Gay Sex ... 5 min Willy 1
News Breaking the Seal: Child Abuse and the Confessi... Aug 17 South Knox Hombre 1
News The French Conspiracy With The Russian Orthodox... Aug 1 I_know_better_now 29
News Israel's Orthodox Jews celebrate (Oct '09) Jul '17 enforce FARA 20
News In about Face, Israel Freezes Western Wall Mixe... Jun '17 True Christian wi... 1
News Did Jesus Christ have biological siblings? Jun '17 True Christian wi... 3
News Closing time for the Episcopalians Jun '17 Listen to the Word 1
More from around the web