The reality is that theHello Aviva
Perhaps you could tell us where The Jews get this idea of a "coming" Messiah from.
After all, every Messianic verse posted here has, according to you, been mis-translated.
So kindly inform us ignorant Christians about the basis of the Messianic hope in Judaism. From what I can see, there is NO basis for the Jews expecting a Messiah.
messianic agenda, as described in the Hebrew Bible, consists of a mere handful of
significant items, which are to be completed during the reign of (mashi'ah), the
promised Jewish Messiah.
The messiah will usher in the messianic era, as foretold in the Hebrew Bible, and preside over the people of Israel as their king, sitting on the throne of King David and execute and successfully complete the messianic agenda a described in the Hebrew Bible, within one lifetime. The messiah will have attributes that must include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
1. Be the seed (a direct descendant) of King David, through King
Solomon (e.g., 2 Sam 7:12-16; Is 11:1; Jer 23:5,
30:9, 33:15; Ezek 34:23-24, 37:24-25; I Kgs 8:15-20; I Chron 17:11-15, 22:9-10, 28:3-7).
2. Be a spiritual and military/political leader (e.g., Is 2:3, 11:2; Dan 7:14)
3. Be married and have children during his term ( Ezek 46:16-18)
The messiah will be expected to bring about certain
conditions as part of his sovereignty, though some will commence prior to
his being identified as the Messiah. These must include, but not
necessarily be limited to, the following:
1. Arrival of Elijah the Prophet (e.g., Mal 3:23-24 )
2. Building the Third Temple in Jerusalem (e.g., Is. 33:20; Ezek 37:26-28, and Ezekiel chapters 40-48)
3. In-gathering of Jewish exiles to Israel (e.g., Is 11:12; Jer 16:15, 23:3; Ez 37:21-22; Zech 10:6-10)
4. Reunification of Judah and Israel into one people (e.g., Ezek 37:16-22; Is. 11:13)
5. World peace (e.g., Is 2:4, 11:6-8; Mich 4:3-4)
6. Universal knowledge of G-d (e.g., Is 11:9; Jer 16:19,20, 31:33(34); Zech 8:23, 14:9)
7. Resurrection of the dead (e.g., Is 26:19; Ez. 37:12-13; Dan 12:2)