When the Salt is in the Meat

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 9, 2013
WHEN THE SALT IS IN THE MEAT

That's something for a Jew to learn from the NT: What Torah means by the salt of the Covenant. I always wondered why salt and what it pointed to. I found the answer in the words of Jesus in his Sermon of the Mount.

According to Leviticus 2:13, it was a must for every sacrificial offering be seasoned with salt in order to be accepted before the Lord. I knew that salt is what makes any food acceptable to the taste buds of living beings but, how to understand it in theological terms?

Then, I read Jesus' Sermon of the Mount. This sermon is recorded between Matthew 5:1 and until 7:29. It was delivered in the ears of a crowd of Jews according to Matthew 5:1 and 7:28. Then I read Matthew 5:13 and the truth about the salt of the Covenant was revealed unto me. "You (Jews) are the salt of the earth" said Jesus. That's when I understood the reason why burning sacrifices were accepted as a sweet savor before the Lord. They were meant to represent the Jewish People.

At the same breath, I understood the allegory of the book of Job. While Job represents Israel, his Gentile friends who came to commiserate with him because of his plight represent the Gentiles. At the end, when they needed to offer a sacrifice so that the Lord be appeased of His anger at them, they were told to do it through Job or their prayers would never be accepted before the Lord.(Job 42:7-9) Then, and only then, as the salt was in the meat, the Lord accepted the intercession of Job.

Ben

Since: Feb 13

Tarzana, CA

#2 Mar 1, 2013
Ben_Masada wrote:
WHEN THE SALT IS IN THE MEAT
That's something for a Jew to learn from the NT: What Torah means by the salt of the Covenant. I always wondered why salt and what it pointed to. I found the answer in the words of Jesus in his Sermon of the Mount.
According to Leviticus 2:13, it was a must for every sacrificial offering be seasoned with salt in order to be accepted before the Lord. I knew that salt is what makes any food acceptable to the taste buds of living beings but, how to understand it in theological terms?
Then, I read Jesus' Sermon of the Mount. This sermon is recorded between Matthew 5:1 and until 7:29. It was delivered in the ears of a crowd of Jews according to Matthew 5:1 and 7:28. Then I read Matthew 5:13 and the truth about the salt of the Covenant was revealed unto me. "You (Jews) are the salt of the earth" said Jesus. That's when I understood the reason why burning sacrifices were accepted as a sweet savor before the Lord. They were meant to represent the Jewish People.
At the same breath, I understood the allegory of the book of Job. While Job represents Israel, his Gentile friends who came to commiserate with him because of his plight represent the Gentiles. At the end, when they needed to offer a sacrifice so that the Lord be appeased of His anger at them, they were told to do it through Job or their prayers would never be accepted before the Lord.(Job 42:7-9) Then, and only then, as the salt was in the meat, the Lord accepted the intercession of Job.
Ben
The Essay of Mark Twain About the Jews.

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way.

Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.

His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.

He has made a marvellous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.

The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed, and made a vast noise, and they are gone; other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it burned out, and they sit in twilight now, or have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Mark Twain

Tarzana, CA

#5 Mar 2, 2013
yon wrote:
"What is the secret of his immortality?"
He observes Torah - most of the time. Nobody else even tries.
----------

In part, you are right. But add to that wisdom and tenacity.

Tarzana, CA

#6 Mar 2, 2013
yon wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9WZHjAR_hv4XX
High Blood Pressure and Salt
The opposite is true as I am concerned as I rather suffer from low blood pressure. It means I must add more salt to the meat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Messianic Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hanukkah With the Jews for Jesus (Mar '15) Feb 15 Messianic114 42
Two House Theology (Jul '10) Feb 4 nijjhar 12
Two Comings Of HaMoshiach Clearly Supported In ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Bruce 5
The Dangers Of Radiationism (Aug '16) Aug '16 Bruce 1
The curse of chiliasm (Jul '16) Jul '16 leon fortayne 6
Messianic group meeting in Arkansas (Apr '16) Apr '16 Dahlia Moriah 1
Messianic Congregation (Dec '15) Feb '16 messianic114 2
More from around the web