hebrew has had an enormous effect on english

Posted in the Messianic Judaism Forum

god

Exmore, VA

#1 Jan 23, 2013
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t-EMaxzpR...

benjamin davidson mentioned in the above link was a messianic jew living in the 1800s and i believe he had the unspoken desire to link all the european languages w. hebrew

in his day he mightve been lynched for promoting this nex
god

Gilford, NH

#3 Mar 6, 2013
i know british israelitism

see my posts on that forum

where i part from b. i. is when the people today calling themselves jews are denied that status since b. i.'s call them imposters

why cant both groups call themselves jews or israelites

jews in germany might have saved their lives by saying they were imposters

b.israelitism is given a bad name when men like barley in id become vicious jew haters

jew hating always seems to find a way of spewing hatred at jews

the real cause of antijewishness is envy of the jews intel
god

Gilford, NH

#5 Mar 13, 2013
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/british-i...
Israelites are not Jews. The law was not given to Jews only.
It is a tragic thing indeed that people who call themselves "Christian" also hate Jews when their leader was Jewish. The hypocrisy is mind-numbing. They prefer to follow sick traditions that go back to Babylon rather than Scripture that their messiah and all apostles practiced. Jews themselves are not without guilt for they do likewise for much the same reason. But we owe a debt of gratitude to the Jew for preserving the Scripture that they claim to practice, instead of the tradition of Rabbis.
I think the writers of the original Star Trek had some deep insight.Especially with the "Non-Intervention Policy." It seems Yahweh takes a hands off approach to human affairs except when it's absolutely necessary.
imo the masoretes messed up hebrew w. their pointing & rigorous imposing of grammar on hebrew
god

Laconia, NH

#7 Mar 18, 2013
the rcc has long ago served its purpose & should be put out to pasture...i dont want to indulge self in fantasies of vengenance on the old whore...just out of my face rcc & ill be glad to see your mixt marriage policy go out to oblivion w. you

christians have never had the taboo against using gods most intimate name

and as for taking the name of the lord in vain especially in anger, were not taking it in vain when we curse for our anger demonstrates that we are invoking a very holy entity in a problem we have

but there are ignorant christians who seem to think as long as they dont curse thats their main duty
god

Gilford, NH

#8 Mar 20, 2013
yon wrote:
I think it also goes back to the Greeks when they prohibited the utterance of YAHWEH which became Jewish tradition. And so now we have a S American Popus Interuptus who rode the bus to work, and now has had infallibility conferred on him as the leader of a Jewish sect that eats pork on Fertility Day(Easter) and does not observe Passover, Sabbaths or any Biblical Feasts. Can you imagine what would happen if he came out and declared Saturday as the real Sabbath?
i take it youre a karaite & i applaud you for that...the talmud trad isnt really evil imo but its kinda funky...i used to listen to all the kasids on wmca nyc & found it rather comfy but the prophetic trad is more up my street...to me theres something wonderful about people who pipe up abt all the shit thats going on in the world...its a heads up to slackers in the spiritual realm
god

Hudson, NH

#9 Mar 21, 2013
jew for israelite or hebrew is metonymy

m. means taking the part for the whole
god

Mabelvale, AR

#11 Mar 28, 2013
if you fit in any hole you wouldnt be genuine...only an asskisser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Messianic Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jewish charities claim no witnessing attempts t... Apr 20 Donna Lee 1
why i am sinner after gods of purity born kids ... Mar '15 Ahmed 6
Double Historical Contradictions Mar '15 Ben_Masada 13
News Hanukkah With the Jews for Jesus Mar '15 No doubt 1
A Prophetic Mistake Feb '15 messianic1114 4
History Repeats Iself #2 Feb '15 Ben_Masada 1
ARE all Messianics MONOTHEISTS, like Yeshua was? Feb '15 messianic1114 2
More from around the web