Why Is Judaism So Confused?

Since: Jul 10

Matthews, NC

#4 Nov 11, 2012
You aren't Jewish, so don't worry about what we do.
It doesn't concern you.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#5 Nov 12, 2012
Jewish errors are just as much my business as all other religions.

http://www.passionfortruth.com/messageplayer....

Charlotte, NC

#6 Nov 13, 2012
I repeat. You aren't a Jew and it doesn't concern you. Worry about your own observances and beliefs.
Undoubtedly they can use some work.

Concord, NC

#8 Nov 15, 2012
Didn't your saviour say something about removing the beam from your own eye? Learn and study and leave the rest of us alone with the truth-maybe someday
you will discover it.

Matthews, NC

#10 Nov 19, 2012
Because there is no such thing as Messianic "Judaism".

It is an offense against G-d and Torah for such terminology to be used. Messianics-most of who aren't Jewish-use our traditions and culture and rituals in idol worship.

If Messianics would be honest and admit they are a sect of Christianity, quit copying Jews, and quit claiming that they are practicing "Judaism" no one would care.
Until then, it's our business.
Rob-SAfrica

Polokwane, South Africa

#12 Dec 4, 2012
Yon, I believe Chavak loves Sneerson.
god

Exmore, VA

#14 Jan 24, 2013
judaism is confused because jews know subconsciously or even consciously that its impossible to keep torah &/or there is injustice in torah

to kill innocent animals for our sins made sense to people 3000 ys ago at their state of develop but today offends our sensibilities

to exact punish from nonrich & to let go the rich is immoral

if read w. modern sensibilities torah offers good advice

but to build a religion upon torah is foolish

metaphysix is the way to go...identifying self w. ideas of how to fulfill the purpose of god is the way to go

hassidic & orthodox jews have found help in the concept of recarn

ive found help in the idea of recarn & advaita

the latter is the idea that we are destined to merge w. god & that the process is well under way

but the creme de la creme is what is the purpose of life

i maintain that just building a kingdom of the righteous doesnt ring my chimes
god

Exmore, VA

#15 Jan 24, 2013
yon wrote:
Judaism is confused because it can't shake the old ways including naming their calendar after Babylonian gods. This is a disgrace. All of the 1st century apostles and of course HaMashiach were Jews trying to set things straight - most Messianics are limping along on two opinions including N. Gordon. And because Jews will not utter the name of EL - it leaves the door wide open for all kinds of cults and pagans.
"Let me be blunt: If one of us–even if an angel from heaven!–were to preach something other than what we preached originally, let him be cursed. I said it once; I’ll say it again: If anyone, regardless of reputation or credentials, preaches something other than what you received originally, let him be cursed." (Galatians 1:6-9 MSG)
"Now that we know The Truth About The Truth, these types of flip flops and manufactured doctrines are fairly easy to spot....."
Read more at http://www.jwstruggle.com/2012/10/new-light-a ...
if one wants to believe something that helps same i leave the person alone

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16 Aug 28, 2013
Chavak wrote:
Because there is no such thing as Messianic "Judaism".
It is an offense against G-d and Torah for such terminology to be used. Messianics-most of who aren't Jewish-use our traditions and culture and rituals in idol worship.
If Messianics would be honest and admit they are a sect of Christianity, quit copying Jews, and quit claiming that they are practicing "Judaism" no one would care.
Until then, it's our business.
i'll have to disagree with you on that one. messianic-jews = the jews over the centuries who believed that Christ was the messiah. i'm sure there were many who believed but did not participate in the early Christianity, and have kept the belief over the centuries. I suppose the first group was 'jews for Jesus' to appear in modern times, and now it has quite an organization. coming from a different perspective, when you start the liturgical year on winter's solstice, the first sabboth of the year is always Christmas with an overlapping Hanukah, sort of equated messianic-judism to me so I began search for them and found them. what I found was orthodox judism with a reading from the new testament added to the torah service.

it's more orthodox then Christian, although the complaint is that it is a sect of Christianity, according to them it is a movement designed to bring jews back to the torah. yes, there are lots of 'converts'. there's a lot of Asians. the emphasis is on the torah. through my study of it I've learned the basic's of the orthodox and if I had language skills i'ld get deeper into it. Jesus is seldom discussed. and returning orthodox jews do outnumber the converts, but I went a couple of sabboths ago and there was a male with stretched out earlobes in attendance and I found that a bit disturbing. i'm sure you know what I mean. would such a person be accepted in an orthodox community?

perhaps they are the 'first fruits', the converts, but i certainly don't want to be put in with the 'primatives'. to me it is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen, guys with earlobes stretched like that.

but I love the torah study. but as far as Jesus goes, the catholics who have actually use torah portions in their current readings pay more attention to Christ then the messianics and if you don't conform??? it's the kind of sect where people change their names, like from Suzie to Soshi
Chavak

United States

#21 Nov 13, 2013
Rob-SAfrica wrote:
Yon, I believe Chavak loves Sneerson.
Chavak thinks the Rebbe was a great man, but only that.
He was no more the moshiach or G-d than Jesus was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Messianic Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twisting the Tanakh to the Jesus Tune (May '10) 9 hr messianic114 42
Searching for a Messianic Jewish mentor (Oct '14) 10 hr messianic114 5
The Saints of the Most High (Sep '14) 10 hr messianic114 18
History Repeats Iself #2 10 hr messianic114 2
Double Historical Contradictions (Nov '14) 11 hr messianic114 14
Is there any proof from the Tanach that Isaiah ... (Oct '14) 11 hr messianic114 5
Why is it that JC did not fulfill the messianic... Thu messianic114 2
More from around the web