Christian, Muslim leaders disagree

May 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reading Eagle/Reading Times

They came from two seemingly opposite ends of the spectrum.

Muslims and Mennonites.

But in the gymnasium at Fairview Christian School on Saturday night, they were just there to hear each other out.

Representatives from Berks' Christian and Muslim communities squared off before about 150 people in a friendly debate on why each group believes theirs to be the true religion ...
Comments
21 - 23 of 23 Comments Last updated May 21, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Quran has some Syriac words in it. Muslims don't even realize this. It's supposed to all be in God's language, which is Arabic.
Sword of Allah wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rewards for Justice Program has been effective. Since the inception of the Rewards for Justice program in 1984, the United States has paid more than $100 million to over 70 people who provided credible information that put terrorists behind bars or prevented acts of international terrorism worldwide. The program played a significant role in the arrest of international terrorist Ramzi Yousef, who was convicted in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Today, the Rewards for Justice Program plays a critical role in the 2014 Afghanistan Transition Plan.
People with information on any past or planned act of international terrorism against the United States anywhere in the world are urged to contact the the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. military, or Rewards for Justice. Rewards for Justice can be contacted directly via any one of the following avenues:
Internet:
www.rewardsforjustice.net
Email:
RFJ@state.gov
What does this have to do with my post that you responded to spammer?
RE

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

May God which ever you pray too... All. The same god in the end... Bless you.
Seeker

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

RE wrote:
May God which ever you pray too... All. The same god in the end... Bless you.
Yes, pray for the spammer.

Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mennonites Discussions

Search the Mennonites Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn weed the man who went to hell Jun '14 Redeyedjedi 1
US peace and faith groups oppose new Iran sanct... (Jan '14) Jan '14 dollarsbill 5
Manitoba town's first liquor store brews discon... (Dec '13) Dec '13 seriously 1
The ghost rapes of Bolivia: Mennonite Manitoba ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Andres 2
Extreme Shunning (Aug '13) Sep '13 Free of false teaching 88
'Amish Mafia' Recap, Season 2 Episode 2: Buggyi... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mennonite 1
'Amish Mafia' meets the 'Prodigal Son' on Disco... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mennonite 1
•••
•••