#1 Jul 3, 2011
Are they evil? Do they devil worship?

“Priestess of the Mountains”

Since: May 10

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2012
Judy Mitchell wrote:
Are they evil? Do they devil worship?
I came across this thread of yours by sheer chance today. But I figure I'll try my best to answer this even though it was posted over 6 months ago.

First off, I can happily say that no, most Wiccans are not evil. That being said, I'll also mention that in every group of people, in every religion, there are always your "bad eggs." But, if they truly believe in their faith and it's rules, then they definitely won't be evil. One of the main tenants of Wicca is Harm None - not yourself, not anyone else; in any way - emotional, physical, spiritual, etc. Another thing is the Rule of Three which works a lot like karma. Whatever you do comes back to you threefold. If you do bad things, bad things will happen to you in return. If you do good things, good things will happen to you. Needless to say, most people when given a chance to think over their actions would not want anything bad to happen to them, and if you believe that by doing bad, bad things will happen to you in return, most would try to avoid that.

To your second question: No, Wiccans do NOT worship the Devil. Mainly because most Wiccans do not even believe in the Devil! The Devil is more of a Judeo-Christian construct, and as such, most Wiccans do not believe in the existence of the Christian Devil. To us Wiccans, he simply doesn't exist! And of course, you can't worship what you don't believe exists.

I hope that helps a little, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer them!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mennonites Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'It looked like a giant rib cage in the ground'... May '16 another 1
News Our Opinion: Mennonite convention a fellowship ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Curious 23
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'Forbidden Knowledge' on Di... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bill 1
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'A Church Divided' on Disco... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Paraguay 1
News 'Amish Mafia' Recap, Season 2 Episode 2: Buggyi... (Sep '13) Dec '14 Hans 2
News Mennonite working with drug cartel gets 15 months (Dec '14) Dec '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Retired pastor loses credentials over gay wedding (Nov '14) Nov '14 Gremlin 8
More from around the web