Dog lost in Franklin County returns home to Virginia after $10,000 ...

After searching for eight days and offering a $10,000 reward, a Virginia couple was reunited with their beloved poodle Sunday in Franklin County. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RED

United States

#28 Aug 4, 2010
Good to see that he was found. Now some apologies need to be made for some false and hurtful accusations made.
Pastor Dan L Keen

West Berlin, NJ

#29 Aug 4, 2010
Skeetser McCbg Pa wrote:
<quoted text>
If U read the story, it says they had been to that farm before the dog got there, & left a flier!!
Maybe they didn't give the poor dog a chance to read the flyer

“My Mugshot”

Since: May 09

the 'burg

#30 Aug 4, 2010
Paps wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing they left the flier if not that fam may have eaten the dog. Times ar etough on our local farmers and menos don't covet animals like we do as a society.
You, sir, are twisted.
I Wonder

Broadview Heights, OH

#31 Aug 4, 2010
Wow!$10,000! That must be quite the pooch! I can see, maybe,$1,000, but $10,000? I would suggest to the dog's owners that, if the Mennonite still refuses the money, they sent the check to the CV Animal Shelter. I still can't get over the amount of the reward. I'd like to have an extra $10,000 to throw around!
Wow

Greencastle, PA

#32 Aug 4, 2010
xnyguy wrote:
They didnt take the reward money because the are Mennonite...thats their way!
If it would have been regular a Franklin county redneck family...they would have taken that cash in a minute to spend it on tattoos, cheap beer and Skoal!
Personally I probably would splurge on some Boone's farm apple wine.

Thanks for returning the dog to its owners
Schucks

Napa, CA

#33 Aug 4, 2010
I looked everywhere for that dog. Schucks!
CHBG GIRL

Lancaster, PA

#34 Aug 4, 2010
WOW, WHAT A GREAT PLACE IT WOULD BE IF EVERYONE WOULD BE LIKE THIS!!!
Nobody

Carlisle, PA

#35 Aug 4, 2010
CHBG GIRL wrote:
WOW, WHAT A GREAT PLACE IT WOULD BE IF EVERYONE WOULD BE LIKE THIS!!!
No! What a great world it would be if everyone of these proclaimed animal lovers cared as much about people.
Nobody

Carlisle, PA

#36 Aug 4, 2010
I Wonder wrote:
Wow!$10,000! That must be quite the pooch! I can see, maybe,$1,000, but $10,000? I would suggest to the dog's owners that, if the Mennonite still refuses the money, they sent the check to the CV Animal Shelter. I still can't get over the amount of the reward. I'd like to have an extra $10,000 to throw around!
Just proves that some people have more 'cents' than sense.
Rodney

Fayetteville, PA

#37 Aug 4, 2010
xnyguy wrote:
If it would have been regular a Franklin county redneck family...they would have taken that cash in a minute to spend it on tattoos, cheap beer and Skoal!
No I dont believe thats how it worked more like some fruit loop liberal spending it on an abortion,seat for their bike or a pocket book.
Curious

United States

#39 Aug 4, 2010
BoTo wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case all it took was the dog to wander onto the menonite family's farm and they returned it. It wasn't someone that saw the flier. The only reason it made headlines was bc of the families outstanding reward.
You did not read the story closing enough...the owner stated that this was actually one of the farms that they had taken a flier to earlier.
So Happy

Chambersburg, PA

#42 Aug 4, 2010
I am so glad that Cole was found. I have 2 black toy poodles myself. I was just wondering today as I passed the fliers whether or not he was found.
Hedie

Fayetteville, PA

#43 Aug 5, 2010
xnyguy wrote:
Hysterical!!! This is absolutely true!
Hedie

Fayetteville, PA

#45 Aug 5, 2010
If the Mennonites didn't want the money, they should have sent it to the animal shelter for the new facilities being built. If the check was really sent in the mail to them, maybe they will cash it and donate the money.
Amen

Newville, PA

#46 Aug 5, 2010
Hedie wrote:
If the Mennonites didn't want the money, they should have sent it to the animal shelter for the new facilities being built. If the check was really sent in the mail to them, maybe they will cash it and donate the money.
Stop. It won't happen. Mennonites keep to themselves and don't want any controversy. The husband will tear the check up and it will be over.
Nice but lets get real

Hagerstown, MD

#47 Aug 6, 2010
Mennonites won't do business on Sunday, but there won't be a problem cashing that check when it shows up in the mail, at least for some of them that I know. Offer some of those farmers that check during the week, and you're gonna need burn cream on your fingers because of how fast that check got taken.
trueblu

Newville, PA

#48 Aug 6, 2010
Nice but lets get real wrote:
Mennonites won't do business on Sunday, but there won't be a problem cashing that check when it shows up in the mail, at least for some of them that I know. Offer some of those farmers that check during the week, and you're gonna need burn cream on your fingers because of how fast that check got taken.
"It was a gift from God!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mennonites Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Amish Mafia' Recap, Season 2 Episode 2: Buggyi... (Sep '13) Dec 28 Hans 2
Mennonite working with drug cartel gets 15 months Dec '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Retired pastor loses credentials over gay wedding Nov '14 Gremlin 11
Pastor's credentials lost after gay wedding Nov '14 Thumper56 6
Breaking bad: the real deal Oct '14 Deb Kostiuk 1
Shawn weed the man who went to hell (Jun '14) Jun '14 Redeyedjedi 1
US peace and faith groups oppose new Iran sanct... (Jan '14) Jan '14 dollarsbill 5
More from around the web