Dog lost in Franklin County returns home to Virginia after $10,000 ...

Full story: Public Opinion

After searching for eight days and offering a $10,000 reward, a Virginia couple was reunited with their beloved poodle Sunday in Franklin County.
Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Well

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

The vet said he didn't know how he did it?? Given enough time he would have found his way home...provided he did't get run over on the road.
rvette01

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

I am glad they didn't take the money, Because it was the right thing to do. My hat's off to you Fine people.
CRG

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

rvette01 wrote:
I am glad they didn't take the money, Because it was the right thing to do. My hat's off to you Fine people.
Still remains to be seen if they cash the check when they receive it in the mail or just tear it up.....
CRG

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

So glad this story had a happy ending for this couple and the dog. Sounds like this dog is part of their family as any pet should be. It is sad that our society has gotten to the point that we should have to offer any reward to get the attention of people to help us out to get a lost animal or person back. Just do it out of the goodness of your heart! Also, a good lesson learned, especially when an animal is in a strange environment; please keep them secured safely on a leash at ALL times.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

If LK would have listened in the first place the poor dog would not have gotten away. But common sense is not so common now is it?

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Class act. Happy ending. Good people.
Chambersburg

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

What a great story. Bless the people who found Cole. The writers who have negative comments should go and live with the family who found Cole. They might have a different outlook on life and be a little more sensitive to the feeling of people.
ummm

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Yeah it was a great story...I would have declined the money (Once) if they mailed it to me I would probably call them and say let's split the money and give it to a few good dog shelters around the area..use that money for some poor other dogs
Good Story

Warren, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Chambersburg wrote:
What a great story. Bless the people who found Cole. The writers who have negative comments should go and live with the family who found Cole. They might have a different outlook on life and be a little more sensitive to the feeling of people.
You are 100% correct.
xnyguy

Mercersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

They didnt take the reward money because the are Mennonite...thats their way!

If it would have been regular a Franklin county redneck family...they would have taken that cash in a minute to spend it on tattoos, cheap beer and Skoal!
Evie Schliestett

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Love to hear happy endings like this one.
AVM

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Wonderful Happy Ending .Good News for A Change
Better Believe It

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

It's so nice to read an animal story in the P.O. which has a happy ending. I think about Mooch's unhappy ending at the hands of a person I would call less than human, and then I read this story where people are actually good Samaritans. It gives me hope that there are still good people out there.

God bless the ones who found the dog!

JMK

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

CRG wrote:
So glad this story had a happy ending for this couple and the dog. Sounds like this dog is part of their family as any pet should be. It is sad that our society has gotten to the point that we should have to offer any reward to get the attention of people to help us out to get a lost animal or person back. Just do it out of the goodness of your heart! Also, a good lesson learned, especially when an animal is in a strange environment; please keep them secured safely on a leash at ALL times.
In this case, all it took was a flyer.
BoTo

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

JMK wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case, all it took was a flyer.
In this case all it took was the dog to wander onto the menonite family's farm and they returned it. It wasn't someone that saw the flier. The only reason it made headlines was bc of the families outstanding reward.
deb

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

I am so glad those people got there pet back, I know how they feel if we would lose ours. I am also grateful to the people that found the dog too now matter what there statis is... At least there is nice people still in the area that cares about other people...
You have to be a real person with a love for animals no matter what to know the joy of a companion as a pet.

They are like children to us too .

I would have done the same and I am unemployed at the time ..

Be a voice for the animals they can't talk..

No I am not a person from the shelter just a person who loves animals!!!!!
valley girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

onewhoknows1 wrote:
If LK would have listened in the first place the poor dog would not have gotten away. But common sense is not so common now is it?
YES I have to agree that they will most likely never leave their dog with just anyone again. They should have emphasized to the girl how important her responsibility was and how much this dog meant to them. She should have never left the house with the dog and stayed put till they returned.
omg

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

valley girl wrote:
<quoted text>
YES I have to agree that they will most likely never leave their dog with just anyone again. They should have emphasized to the girl how important her responsibility was and how much this dog meant to them. She should have never left the house with the dog and stayed put till they returned.
and locked all the doors and windows and watched no tv definitely no texting and just sat on the couch stroking the doggies little head telling it it was going to be ok until her parents came back.
family

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

i am happy they got their dog back , i have a dog and she is like our kid and as well is with us all the time , rather anyone's feels for the ppl that found the dog or the like's and dislike's about them is neither here or their , ppl do have a heart and good souls . to lesterlane i understand your feelings but this is their way , why judge ! dont judge other's unless u want judged.
Skeetser McCbg Pa

Biglerville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

BoTo wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case all it took was the dog to wander onto the menonite family's farm and they returned it. It wasn't someone that saw the flier. The only reason it made headlines was bc of the families outstanding reward.
If U read the story, it says they had been to that farm before the dog got there, & left a flier!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mennonites Discussions

Search the Mennonites Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn weed the man who went to hell Jun '14 Redeyedjedi 1
US peace and faith groups oppose new Iran sanct... (Jan '14) Jan '14 dollarsbill 5
Manitoba town's first liquor store brews discon... (Dec '13) Dec '13 seriously 1
The ghost rapes of Bolivia: Mennonite Manitoba ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Andres 2
Extreme Shunning (Aug '13) Sep '13 Free of false teaching 88
'Amish Mafia' Recap, Season 2 Episode 2: Buggyi... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mennonite 1
'Amish Mafia' meets the 'Prodigal Son' on Disco... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mennonite 1
•••
•••