11 killed when tractor-trailer, van c...

11 killed when tractor-trailer, van crash in Ky.

There are 3 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Mar 27, 2010, titled 11 killed when tractor-trailer, van crash in Ky.. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Scared but curious after surviving a horrific interstate crash in south-central Kentucky that killed 11 people, including eight from the Mennonite family that adopted him, Josiah Esh wanted to know where his parents were.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Old and Retired

Shasta Lake, CA

#1 Mar 27, 2010
I am surprised at the numerous pictures taken of the Mennonite family as I have always been led to believe that Mennonites didn't allow their pictures to be taken! This must be a different branch of that religion.
Hostetler Cons 646-6648

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Mar 28, 2010
Mennonites have no problem with pictures .Some of the amish churches do.
Old and Retired

Shasta Lake, CA

#4 Mar 28, 2010
How odd, there is a forum elsewhere on here that speaks of the Amish not wanting their pictures taken. The story is about the movie depicting the shooting inside an Amish school. Lots of nasty slurs against the Amish. I hadn't seen it until I left this posting just now. What a coincidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mennonites Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mobile meat canner coming to Lowville in April Feb '18 Don Cobb 7
News Gay rights debate reaches Lancaster Mennonites Jan '18 Gremlin 20
News Faith over fight: WW II conscientious objectors... (Aug '17) Aug '17 OLIGARCHS RULE 4
News Muslim leader wants to cover up "Syrian Refugee... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News Federal officials were unaware of arcane citize... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Steven Harpo Spea... 2
News 'It looked like a giant rib cage in the ground'... (May '16) May '16 another 1
News Our Opinion: Mennonite convention a fellowship ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Curious 23