Right-Wing Religions of the World Uni...

Right-Wing Religions of the World Unite to Oppress Women and Gays More Ruthlessly

There are 2 comments on the www.alternet.org story from Sep 18, 2012, titled Right-Wing Religions of the World Unite to Oppress Women and Gays More Ruthlessly. In it, www.alternet.org reports that:

Religions that were once infamous for their mutual hatred are joining forces in a bid to preserve their shrinking spheres of privilege.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.alternet.org.

Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Sep 18, 2012
It seems so weird, all those religions hate each other and yet they all seem to hate gays even more.
Qwerty26

Lewes, DE

#2 Sep 19, 2012
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" would seem to be the operative phrase applicable here. Us gay folk are so very fortunate to be the common enemy to such "upstanding" and "moral" religious organizations. It exposes their man-made dogma for what it is: hateful, spiteful, and ugly.

They were wrong on slavery, they were wrong on womens rights, they were wrong on miscegenation, and today's example is that they are wrong about homosexuality. And each time they are wrong, their evil hold over mankind gets a little weaker. And they wring their hands and wonder why their numbers are shrinking.

They ought to take a clue from their past history. Humans as a whole move forward in the realization that all humans are created equal. Institutions that cannot abide this are relegated to the dust bins of history. We are merely helping them move to their designated dust bin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... 3 hr Rabbeen Al Jihad ... 382
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 13 hr Serum2874 32,069
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Dec 2 Katherin 28,894
Mishkan 1.2m (4ft) Below Heelstone Nov 23 YHWH Allah 1
Transferrin /Lactoferrin can cure zika and prov... Nov 20 written for JESUS 1
News '50 Shades!: The Musical' returns to Sarasota (Nov '13) Nov 5 madoff sinogog 11
News Mormon and gay: Church says that's no contradic... Nov '16 Trump4prez 91
More from around the web