Mormons: We are Christians, too

Mormons: We are Christians, too

There are 28908 comments on the Salt Lake Tribune story from Apr 2, 2007, titled Mormons: We are Christians, too. In it, Salt Lake Tribune reports that:

“Each was a distinct personality.”

President Gordon B. Hinckley addresses the audience in the afternoon session and then strolls off stage. via Salt Lake Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salt Lake Tribune.

Since: Oct 09

Killeen, TX

#22963 Jul 25, 2010
Beyonce might be a Tare, or at least a fellow traveler. Chris Constantine knows.

"Her stage alter ego “Sasha Fierce” is
symbolic of Demon Posession."

"The Postures struck in the Choreography
of Beyonce’s dance routines are Masonic
communication signals."

"The lyrics of her songs are all Lucifarian
orientated."

Here's the evidence: http://www.letthetruthbeknown.com/beyonce%20i...

The truth is out there, and so are the Tares (and Freemasons).

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#22964 Jul 25, 2010
One on one wrote:
All the nonwhite races, black,brown,arabs,indians,turk s,brown latino's, brown mexicans, asian oriental people did not come from adam and eve. Only white adamic man kind came from adam and eve. Noahs flood was regional not world wide. Scripture has been mistranslated from hebrew to english. Noahs flood only covered the region his family was at not the whole world. The sons and daughters of adam and eve today are white european heritage people. Genesis 1:26 is adam and eve. Genesis 2:4 is a historic account of adam and eve not a eight day creation. The nonwhite races are not mentioned in Genesis as being created by God. This would make the nonwhite races not a creation but a corruption of animal kind. Fallen angels took animal DNA and made the nonwhite,nonadamic races. There are races of people on the earth today that God did not make [planted] they were made by FALLEN ANGELS. MATTHEW 15:13.
You should move to Arizona
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#22965 Jul 25, 2010
hahaha. Just not to Sedona. The hippies would run him out of town.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#22966 Jul 25, 2010
custodialdadowes20000 wrote:
hahaha. Just not to Sedona. The hippies would run him out of town.
I love Sedona..

Captain

United States

#22967 Jul 25, 2010
We are all brothers and sisters, created in the image of God our Father in Heaven. He is no respecter of persons, we can all repent and through the laws and ordinances of the gospel return to Him. He loves us all and the atonement was universal.

Since: Feb 09

Grimsby, UK

#22968 Jul 25, 2010

Since: Feb 09

Grimsby, UK

#22969 Jul 25, 2010
The Almighty told me through Jesus to watch out for people at my door, Saying, COME, Jesus is here, and you done it. Even satan can turn into an Angel of light, oh, you do remember that one dont you, I am really sad Joseph smith did not see it coming. I lov e Jesus and only he will judge me, NO OTHER, YOUR SO INTERESTED IN THE SECOND book, have you forgotten, THE GIFT

Since: Jul 10

Australia

#22970 Jul 26, 2010
Captain wrote:
RIGHTEOUSNESS: plainly and simply stated, righteousness is the quality and type of living that results from obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. No persons are wholly righteous; by walking in the light and obeying the laws of our Heavenly Father to the extent of their abilities, however, the repentant may attain a high degree of righteousness; their conduct becomes blameless,upright, and just; they acquire the attributes of equity, integrity, rectitude, and justice; they attain a state of acceptability before God through Jesus Christ's atonement.
Righteousness brings to pass eternal progression. Here in this life it is the righteous who accept the gospel, live its principles, gain the companionship of the Holy Ghost, and enjoy the peace that passeth understanding.
Between death and the ressurection, the souls of the righteous find peace and rest in paradise, while the souls of the wicked - those who are spiritually dead, meaning dead as to things pertaining unto righteousness, they suffer the spirit prison.
No, righteousness means having a right standing before God. If I am righteous then I have never sinned, so how can there be degrees of righteousness? If that's what righteous means, why then would the righteous need to accept the Gospel? In receiving the Gospel one is made righteous; "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." Those who are made righteous by the Gospel will naturally be obedient to the laws of God. But if you think you can be made righteous by getting some ticks in the boxes then my friend you have one sin that you need to confess, and that is pride. Have you done enough good works to get into heaven? Are you sure you will even make it in?
The bible says that righteousness comes as a free gift in response to our confidence that God has taken care of our sin, not by our performance. Yes saving faith is a working faith, but the works are a fruit not a prerequisit.

Since: Jul 10

Australia

#22971 Jul 26, 2010
Captain wrote:
We are all brothers and sisters, created in the image of God our Father in Heaven. He is no respecter of persons, we can all repent and through the laws and ordinances of the gospel return to Him. He loves us all and the atonement was universal.
Hey Captain, ever read Galatians?

"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified."

"Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith."

"You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace."

Since: Aug 07

United States

#22972 Jul 26, 2010
I love it when people NOT OF MY FAITH tell me what I believe.

We, as Americans, share a common shameful history. We have all, every church, every state, even though we might even have been prohibitionist, were racist to the core. Not even knowing it, probably.

I grew up in the 60's and my hometown was like this. I hated it. Wen I joined te Church I discovered some of te older people had histories like this.

Forgivable...but only if real change had taken place.

And I believe it has.

Killeen, TX

#22973 Jul 26, 2010
humor me here wrote:
I love it when people NOT OF MY FAITH tell me what I believe.
We, as Americans, share a common shameful history. We have all, EVERY CHURCH, every state, even though we might even have been prohibitionist, were racist to the core.
EVERY church, to include the allegedly one true church?

Would this be because every church, to include the allegedly one true church, is no closer to understanding the nature of divinity than the surface of a sphere is to its center? Of course if all churches are equidistant from truth, none can be called any truer than any other.

On the other hand, if one church IS closer to an understanding of truth than any other church, and that church's perception of truth has changed over time, does that mean that church's understanding was in error before and correct now, correct before and in error now or that truth is subject to change from place to place and time to time? What objective evidence would suggest any one of these three possibilities over the other two?
Captain

United States

#22974 Jul 26, 2010
The untrue doctrine and concept that man can gain salvation by grace alone and without obedience is contrary to the very essence of the Holy Bible and its teaching on free will, which is that believers are free to follow or abandon the path which leads to heaven.
Captain

United States

#22975 Jul 26, 2010
"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Phil.2:12)
in attempting to minimize the implications of Paul's directive that we are to work out our own salvation, antagonists cite the next verse:
"For God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure." (Phil.2:13)
They try to claim that verse 13 brings verse 12 into harmony with their saved-by-grace-alone doctrine. But to the contrary, Paul's teaching claerly states that the believer must do his part in order for God to work through him, because you must be willing and able to obey his own purpose and still decide to do so and then carry out that decision.
Captain

United States

#22976 Jul 26, 2010
The saved-by-grace-alone non-Biblical teaching supposes that once a person is "saved" he or she is "always saved".
But in the Bible it teaches about individuals who will fall away.
" For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit' And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to open shame.
(Hebrews 6:4-6)
It is important to note that this scripture clearly states that these are christians that have "become partakers of the Holy Spirit" which means they have been baptized as members of the church.
The Bible teaches that mature members of the Church can fall away. The scriptres refutes the idea of "eternal security' or once saved, always saved."
Captain

United States

#22977 Jul 26, 2010
It is true that ultimaely we are saved through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, but he said if you love him...keep his commandments...(John 14:15) This is not automatic behavior, even after you have been "saved" you can fall away or back slide, as they call it.

Indianapolis, IN

#22978 Jul 26, 2010
Dagobert II wrote:
<quoted text> EVERY church, to include the allegedly one true church?
Would this be because every church, to include the allegedly one true church, is no closer to understanding the nature of divinity than the surface of a sphere is to its center? Of course if all churches are equidistant from truth, none can be called any truer than any other.
On the other hand, if one church IS closer to an understanding of truth than any other church, and that church's perception of truth has changed over time, does that mean that church's understanding was in error before and correct now, correct before and in error now or that truth is subject to change from place to place and time to time? What objective evidence would suggest any one of these three possibilities over the other two?
Dag, you...are reaching...so...much...you...m ight...>>POP!<<

Killeen, TX

#22979 Jul 26, 2010
humor me here wrote:
<quoted text>
Dag, you...are reaching...so...much...you...m ight...>>POP!<<
Reaching? No, it's called reasoning. Then again, that might be quite a reach for those who would rather just believe.
custodialdadowes 20000

Fenton, MO

#22980 Jul 26, 2010
My dad sure thought he had the "truth". My mom still does. Their religion quirked me out so bad that I studied world religion for the last 27 years.

Only problem is I never studied my parents religion until the last few days. Probably because it bored me and irritated the heck out of me. I stayed far away from it.

Now that I have studied it, I have found out that it is West African Voodoo grafted on to protestantism. This is what ALL charismatics are doing. Voodoo and heresy. Not that I have a problem with heretics since I'm not Christian. I'm just stating a fact for the record.

Indianapolis, IN

#22981 Jul 26, 2010
Dagobert II wrote:
<quoted text> Reaching? No, it's called reasoning. Then again, that might be quite a reach for those who would rather just believe.
You are looking from the outside into a porthole, trying to judge what is happening fifteen staterooms down. Your logic is flawed.

Indianapolis, IN

#22982 Jul 26, 2010
custodialdadowes20000 wrote:
My dad sure thought he had the "truth". My mom still does. Their religion quirked me out so bad that I studied world religion for the last 27 years.
Only problem is I never studied my parents religion until the last few days. Probably because it bored me and irritated the heck out of me. I stayed far away from it.
Now that I have studied it, I have found out that it is West African Voodoo grafted on to protestantism. This is what ALL charismatics are doing. Voodoo and heresy. Not that I have a problem with heretics since I'm not Christian. I'm just stating a fact for the record.
What religion was it? You said charismatic, right? Assemblies of God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 40 min Subduction Zone 1,922
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... (Aug '16) 3 hr Your best friend ... 455
News Why People Believe In God And How Atheists Lost... 6 hr lucas 6
News Mormon Church to Pull 130,000 Boys Out of Boy S... Sat Kasick of Pancakes 6
News Joseph Smith's Arrest Records Found (Jun '08) Sat Deacon 48
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) May 19 tongangodz 32,099
News Mormon church pulls older teens out of Boy Scouts May 19 tongangodz 37
More from around the web