Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi ...

Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

There are 687 comments on the KTVK Phoenix story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial. In it, KTVK Phoenix reports that:

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVK Phoenix.

Observant observer

Allentown, PA

#171 Mar 22, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are going with the official version. Why did she not shoot him first? Even with him being vulnerable, all the odds were against her in striking a fatal blow. This strong guy would have then killed her real fast.
Please keep an open mind and await further expert testimony.
What testimony? What odds are you talking about? Everything came out in the wash long ago. Travis couldn't have had the opportunity to kill her "real" fast. That is the most ridiculous statement..and logic. The fact is: Jodi made sure that he didn't have the opportunity to have the strength to take her down. That was a small shower. She got him to crouch and had him where she wanted him - vulnerable to that first stab to the chest. He managed to make it to the sink, then to the hall where she continued to stab him. He fell against the wall ( the telltale smear of blood on the wall), then onto the floor and she lifted his head back and slit his throat, nearly decapitating him. Proceeds to drag him back to the shower and stuff his body back in, then a shot to his head to appease Jodi's last pangs of vengeful rage. What a nice sweet lady Jodi is, huh? Perhaps if she gets off on a manslaughter charge, you can hook up with her someday, but I doubt she'll be getting out and it's a good thing. She's dangerous and no telling when she'd go off on someone again.
Observant observer

Allentown, PA

#172 Mar 22, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
She did not kill him over Cancun...she loved him too much, knowing he would be back in a week and he would be calling...she had not given up on her future with TA
Jodi would never give up on Travis. He was HERS and hers only. She was hurt and rejected that he no longer wanted to continue their relationship. She had hopes of being his wife one day and having a nice life together. It wasn't to be and in Jodi's twisted mind, she wasn't going to let him enjoy a life with anyone else, either. In her sick mind, the only relief and satisfaction to this "problem" she was having, was to wipe Travis out of existence. Makes me wonder if she was throwing slurs at him while she was slaughtering him.
LA Guy

United States

#173 Mar 22, 2013
Observant observer wrote:
<quoted text>
What testimony? What odds are you talking about? Everything came out in the wash long ago. Travis couldn't have had the opportunity to kill her "real" fast. That is the most ridiculous statement..and logic. The fact is: Jodi made sure that he didn't have the opportunity to have the strength to take her down. That was a small shower. She got him to crouch and had him where she wanted him - vulnerable to that first stab to the chest. He managed to make it to the sink, then to the hall where she continued to stab him. He fell against the wall ( the telltale smear of blood on the wall), then onto the floor and she lifted his head back and slit his throat, nearly decapitating him. Proceeds to drag him back to the shower and stuff his body back in, then a shot to his head to appease Jodi's last pangs of vengeful rage. What a nice sweet lady Jodi is, huh? Perhaps if she gets off on a manslaughter charge, you can hook up with her someday, but I doubt she'll be getting out and it's a good thing. She's dangerous and no telling when she'd go off on someone again.
You made a fairly good case, but failed. If premeditated, she would have never risked a first strike knife thrust, particularly since she was pre armed with the .25 cal she took from her grandfather. This all based on the premeditation theory. There would be no sufficient vulnerable position in the shower to pull it off. Think in terms of a hole in one on the golf course, by a first time golfer, with a blindfold on. Does not work that way in the real world, btw, I have been stabbed way back when.

He was shot first, staggered around and then stabbed, if it was premeditated. If in fact she did spontaneously lash out a stab him, and made a one in a million strike, it was not premeditated.
Keep in mind that Det Flores maintained for some time that he was shot first. He was overuled by the Coroner, who even eqouvocated to a degree.

Reasonable cause abounds, thus Manslaugher. Keep in the independent tapes in his own words.

FYI - Women who have killed their lover and are ultimately released, invaribly live model lifes. Would you consider a sentence of 15 years.
LA Guy

United States

#174 Mar 22, 2013
Observant observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jodi would never give up on Travis. He was HERS and hers only. She was hurt and rejected that he no longer wanted to continue their relationship. She had hopes of being his wife one day and having a nice life together. It wasn't to be and in Jodi's twisted mind, she wasn't going to let him enjoy a life with anyone else, either. In her sick mind, the only relief and satisfaction to this "problem" she was having, was to wipe Travis out of existence. Makes me wonder if she was throwing slurs at him while she was slaughtering him.
Something set her off in the last fifteen minutes and it was not Cancun, he said or did something outrageous. She did not intend to kill him that day. I do, however, agree with your astute observation as to her throwing slurs at him, degrading him in the most viscious inhumane manner. Surprised she did not mutilate his genitals. Oh yea, she talked during the rage. He may have begged her to stop. It all went down within minutes, as to his ebbing state of consciousness.
disturbing

United States

#175 Mar 22, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
FYI - BWS can be all verbal degredation ... in this case further aggravated by the kinky sex...
hey, this should be apparent, that TA was a Dom
did u NOT hear JA on voicemails or read her text????? She said. She LOVED it and as. Matter of fact she lured much of the convo!!!! She has admitted she engaged in anal sex with previous boyfriends - She has the past performances - Travis did not. Apparently jodi. Can do no wrong in ur eyes. U should date her & stop slandering a man who can't defend himself from the GRAVE! U are as immoral as jodi.
Angel

United States

#176 Mar 22, 2013
How about this sorry excuse of a EXPERT witness. They really had to scrape bottom of the barrel To find someone to justify her FOG!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#177 Mar 22, 2013
Granted everyone makes mistakes but given Samuels' numerous "mistakes," "it wasn't relevant," "oversight" not to mention not bringing certain papers to a trial AND retesting after finding new information, I find his credibility in the toilet. A woman's life is in the balance, yet he did not feel it important enough to be sure his work was well done but instead relies on his 35 years of work experience was enough to be believed. Samuels, to me, was not a good witness for the defense.
disturbing

United States

#178 Mar 22, 2013
RamblingRose253 wrote:
Granted everyone makes mistakes but given Samuels' numerous "mistakes," "it wasn't relevant," "oversight" not to mention not bringing certain papers to a trial AND retesting after finding new information, I find his credibility in the toilet. A woman's life is in the balance, yet he did not feel it important enough to be sure his work was well done but instead relies on his 35 years of work experience was enough to be believed. Samuels, to me, was not a good witness for the defense.
. Aweful witness who gets paid 250.00. Hour. You can't get away with that maany mistakes making min. Wage. Disgusting!
Use Some Common Sense

Gouverneur, NY

#180 Mar 23, 2013
disturbing wrote:
<quoted text> did u NOT hear JA on voicemails or read her text????? She said. She LOVED it and as. Matter of fact she lured much of the convo!!!! She has admitted she engaged in anal sex with previous boyfriends - She has the past performances - Travis did not. Apparently jodi. Can do no wrong in ur eyes. U should date her & stop slandering a man who can't defend himself from the GRAVE! U are as immoral as jodi.
It is obvious to me that Jodi was the instigator in all of the sex. She used sex to hook Travis and when even that wasn't enough to keep him under her spell, she killed him in a brutal, premeditated murder. She is clearly a narcissist, a sociopath and a pathological liar. It amazes me to see so many people who continue to buy her BS.
Use Some Common Sense

Gouverneur, NY

#181 Mar 23, 2013
disturbing wrote:
<quoted text>. Aweful witness who gets paid 250.00. Hour. You can't get away with that maany mistakes making min. Wage. Disgusting!
He said he was paid $250 an hr for this case, I'm guessing that after his performance on the stand, he'll be lucky to make min wage on his next gig.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

#182 Mar 24, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rambling Rose
I have kindly pointed out the indenpendent evidence (tapes/texts), to those who claim that it's only JA's words.
I have also posted from my personal experiences (JA types), professional background (including academic) and in the arena, which are pertinet to this matter.
True, no one knows for a fact what happen in the final fifteen.
If you run into Hydri, please let her know that she is welcomed back, as I see she is still active.
That is SO nice of you to welcome Hydri back. How much did you pay for the thread?(sarcasm intended...)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#183 Mar 24, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is SO nice of you to welcome Hydri back. How much did you pay for the thread?(sarcasm intended...)
Hahaha! I kind of thought the same thing (and then some). ;)
Tex Starbucks

Spring, TX

#184 Mar 27, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Something set her off in the last fifteen minutes and it was not Cancun, he said or did something outrageous. She did not intend to kill him that day. I do, however, agree with your astute observation as to her throwing slurs at him, degrading him in the most viscious inhumane manner. Surprised she did not mutilate his genitals. Oh yea, she talked during the rage. He may have begged her to stop. It all went down within minutes, as to his ebbing state of consciousness.
I agree that he must have said or done something outrageous that set her off into a rage that allowed her to shoot, stab and drag him around. How did she have the strength to do this by herself unless she was in a psycho adrenaline-filled rage?

If she had a gun, why did she also need a knife unless she thought about what she would do to him once he was dead or incapacitated. Women are capable of incredible things. I remember that one wife who went as far as to get a dolly before she killed her husband. She talked him into being tied up and then killed him and planted him in the backyard. I don't remember her name or where it happened. Then she tried to plead self defense/abuse. He was tied up and I remember she stabbed him repeatedly.

I hope she gets her memory back and actually tells what happened. Maybe he did something to her she doesn't want to admit although she seems to get a kick out of telling all of the ways he humiliated her sexually. This has already gotten enough interest to maybe be made into a movie. They don't realize she might be making a BUNCH of that stuff up. The things like being asked to wear male children superhero underwear and that she could get them on but couldn't get them on her behind because they were too small. Why do they let her ramble incessantly? I quit watching, so if anything interesting happens, please give an update.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#185 Mar 27, 2013
Use Some Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text> It is obvious to me that Jodi was the instigator in all of the sex. She used sex to hook Travis and when even that wasn't enough to keep him under her spell,
she killed him in a brutal, premeditated murder.

She is clearly a narcissist, a sociopath and a pathological liar. It amazes me to see so many people who continue to buy her BS.....
Use Some Common Sense, Total BS.
She drove 100's of miles to stalk him,and seduce him..when he had had enough of all that, she slaughtered in in a Demonic, sadistic manor..using 2 weapons so her ninja story would be believed, when story #B. wasn't believed she went to plan C. slander and abuse..
Where's pictures, reports and witnesses to Abuse...there are NONE..why is the judge allowing this to come into court??JMO..imo
hybridlment

Lexington, KY

#186 Mar 27, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't going to post anymore due to my humble intimidation by and awe of the goofy guy, but couldn't resist his generous invitation.

I'm baaaacckk...I just skip over his and his alter's posts :)
Tex Starbucks

Spring, TX

#187 Mar 27, 2013
Just as I suspected, they now think THREE people were there. It never made sense to me how she could have done all of this alone with her weighing around 125 lbs. So, if they find out that there were three people there and not just her, what will happen next? Wasn't that her initial story?

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#188 Mar 27, 2013
This trial is a train wreck..where is the evidence of J. being abused? No pictures, LE or hospital reports and no witnesses..only the words of a proven lier and murderer..why is the Judge allowing it? Dragging on and on.

The victim is being forgotten..dont fall in that trap...keep the focus on the murdered victim..details of the satanic butchering of a young man...over kill...using 2 weapons inorder to lead LE to suspect 2 people killed Travis..the ninja story.
The case of premediated murder is being derailed at a cost of one Million dollars to the tax payers.
IF this trail doesn't get on track, she may be someone's neighbor, daughter-in-law, girlfriend or babysitter very soon...Hmmmm! scary!!jmo..IMO
LA Guy

United States

#189 Mar 27, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
This trial is a train wreck..where is the evidence of J. being abused? No pictures, LE or hospital reports and no witnesses..only the words of a proven lier and murderer..why is the Judge allowing it? Dragging on and on.
The victim is being forgotten..dont fall in that trap...keep the focus on the murdered victim..details of the satanic butchering of a young man...over kill...using 2 weapons inorder to lead LE to suspect 2 people killed Travis..the ninja story.
The case of premediated murder is being derailed at a cost of one Million dollars to the tax payers.
IF this trail doesn't get on track, she may be someone's neighbor, daughter-in-law, girlfriend or babysitter very soon...Hmmmm! scary!!jmo..IMO
Hello from Civic Center Los Angles, world class International Metropolis, more law schools and scholars than even NYC...plus,
just in recent history the following high profile homicides: OJ, Robert Blake, Phil Spector.

In LA, this would have beenn filed as a Manslaughter case, ten year or less cap...why, one may ask...the answer is mitigating circumstances reasonable doubt.

There is independent evidence in the Jody Arias case, in TA's own recorded word and text messages, which weighs heavy in Beyond a Reasonable Doubt and mitigting circumstances in favor of JA.

Re-think this case in legal terms, which lay jurors are instruceted on. Would you consider a Manslaughter plea, 15 years max, with credit for time served.
LA Guy

United States

#190 Mar 27, 2013
Case has been contunued, no explanations. Could a pleas bargain be in the works or something as mundane of one having a stomach ache.
Anonymous

Reno, NV

#191 Mar 27, 2013
I think she kept her hair in braids the entire time she was there on june 4... to keep from shedding hair evidence!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 18 min The Troll Stopper 533
News Christopher Muther/Globe Staff Christopher Muth... Jul 14 Tea Bag Residue C... 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals shea s... Jul 9 No Surprise 17
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Jun '17 Latter Day Taints 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... Jun '17 Latter Day Taints 2
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... (Aug '16) Jun '17 tongangodz 515
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) Jun '17 Good Riddance 32,098
More from around the web