An attempt for peace with Larry (Stay...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“www.evidencemini stries.org”

Since: Oct 07

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jan 14, 2009
Larry,
You and I have a misunderstanding that I would like to clear up. You also owe me an apology for likening me to a murderer and rapist for simply being a critic of your religion. I would like to resolve our differences and clear up your misunderstanding and we have an opportunity to do so face to face. I will be in Kansas City for a conference in March ( http://www.emnr.org/conference.html ) and would like to meet you.

I look forward to meeting you and resolving our issues so we can get on to the positive discussions we use to have. If you aren't careful, we might even become friends. ;-)

“"LDS Christian"”

Since: Nov 07

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2009
Wow....if you are going to shoot yourself in the foot you might want to take it out of your mouth first.
John Coffey

Saint George, UT

#3 Jan 14, 2009
Why not get together? Why would you possibly be against that? Larry sounds like a man of conviction, perhaps they could find common ground and gain some understanding on both sides. Why would you not want to encourage understanding?
Sniffing Pharts

South Jordan, UT

#4 Jan 15, 2009
Larry is the MAN!

Along with Rodney and Aconstas1.

Flipper and Lassie second that!

“"LDS Christian"”

United States

#5 Jan 15, 2009
John Coffey wrote:
Why not get together? Why would you possibly be against that? Larry sounds like a man of conviction, perhaps they could find common ground and gain some understanding on both sides. Why would you not want to encourage understanding?
Understanding....as long as everyone sees it your way?

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jan 15, 2009
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
Wow....if you are going to shoot yourself in the foot you might want to take it out of your mouth first.
*Sigh*
John Coffey

Saint George, UT

#7 Jan 15, 2009
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
Understanding....as long as everyone sees it your way?
Do you have to agree with someone to understand them? I don't believe that, do you?

I find this interesting that Keith would extend any sort of an olive branch and the mormons here would not accept it, especially those who we're not invited. I would LOVE to talk to keith. Like he said, perhaps you COULD become friends in a strange sort of way. Perhaps Keith would walk away with a greater understanding and a bit of compassion. Perhaps not. All I see, is what seems like the start of understanding, and a negative response.

It is either a fear reaction, or an un-christlike reaction. What do you have to be afraid of?
John Coffey

Saint George, UT

#8 Jan 15, 2009
Keith Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
*Sigh*
It goes to show how much fear mormonism holds in their fragile beliefs. I came to this forum to get an greater understanding of why I believed the way I did, and I am not disappointed.

A mormon testimony is either being reinforced, or eaten away. Why is that?

“"LDS Christian"”

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2009
John Coffey wrote:
<quoted text>
It goes to show how much fear mormonism holds in their fragile beliefs. I came to this forum to get an greater understanding of why I believed the way I did, and I am not disappointed.
A mormon testimony is either being reinforced, or eaten away. Why is that?
It's too bad you are not privy to all the long conversations in the past with Keith Walker. He has no desire to understand but to only hold on to his Anti-Mormon mantra.
And if you came here for greater understanding then that speaks volumes about you...the only thing you will get here is Anti-Mormon mud slinging....and it appears that you have done your share of sling mud so you fit right in.
John Coffey

Saint George, UT

#10 Jan 15, 2009
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too bad you are not privy to all the long conversations in the past with Keith Walker. He has no desire to understand but to only hold on to his Anti-Mormon mantra.
And if you came here for greater understanding then that speaks volumes about you...the only thing you will get here is Anti-Mormon mud slinging....and it appears that you have done your share of sling mud so you fit right in.
The same could be said of you, could it not? Do you not see it?

I don't let conversation offend me. The LDS church makes incredible claims, does it not? If you agree, you should grow a thicker skin. You share your venom and anger as well. It's just talk.

“"LDS Christian"”

United States

#11 Jan 16, 2009
John Coffey wrote:
<quoted text>
The same could be said of you, could it not? Do you not see it?
I don't let conversation offend me. The LDS church makes incredible claims, does it not? If you agree, you should grow a thicker skin. You share your venom and anger as well. It's just talk.
Do I harass you for your beliefs? No. Nor does anyone else. At best we try to answer those criticisms and misconstrued information put out there by Anti-Mormons.
And what do you care what we chose to believe....remember....you left and have chosen a better path for you. Why don't you let others live in peace with the beliefs they believe in?
Maybe you don't let conversations offend you but you sure have a talent for conversation that offends others. What's so hard about being a decent person and kind to all? Without ridicule and demeaning those things others hold sacred. What's the point of understanding if that is not part of the whole package of creating peace among your fellowman? We all don't have to believe the same way and it's ok. All claims are incredible no matter what belief one holds...I think your claims are incredible but I could care less what you believe. So get over the part about the LDS Church being incredible. So what....that's just your opinion. I see it totally different. My venom and anger? Maybe you read too much into my words and misconstrue my tone?

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jan 16, 2009
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
My venom and anger? Maybe you read too much into my words and misconstrue my tone?
LOL!
John Coffey

United States

#13 Jan 16, 2009
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I harass you for your beliefs? No. Nor does anyone else. At best we try to answer those criticisms and misconstrued information put out there by Anti-Mormons.
Then I am an anti-mormon by your beliefs, because they are my beliefs as well. It is easy for you to group everyone who knows your church is a cult so you think that calling us all anti-mormons is inaccurate? If so, then continue to call me an anti-mormon if it helps you sum that up.
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you care what we chose to believe....remember....you left and have chosen a better path for you. Why don't you let others live in peace with the beliefs they believe in?
Maybe you don't let conversations offend you but you sure have a talent for conversation that offends others. What's so hard about being a decent person and kind to all? Without ridicule and demeaning those things others hold sacred. What's the point of understanding if that is not part of the whole package of creating peace among your fellowman? We all don't have to believe the same way and it's ok. All claims are incredible no matter what belief one holds...I think your claims are incredible but I could care less what you believe. So get over the part about the LDS Church being incredible. So what....that's just your opinion. I see it totally different. My venom and anger? Maybe you read too much into my words and misconstrue my tone?
You have already said time and time again that you could care less what I believe, then continue to preach what YOU believe. I get that. It seems to me that you are afraid of what I teach, because I can tell you that it is, at least verifiable and understandable. Whether or not you accept that, is not my problem. I personally think it is yours. That is where we differ.

You would have me stay silent while you teach fabricated religion? I'm sorry Hannah. This is the world you live in, as well as mine. Go bear your testimony on fast sunday if you don't want reason to challenge it. This is a public forum, and I have something to say. Do you not understand that?

“"LDS Christian"”

United States

#14 Jan 16, 2009
John Coffey wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I am an anti-mormon by your beliefs, because they are my beliefs as well. It is easy for you to group everyone who knows your church is a cult so you think that calling us all anti-mormons is inaccurate? If so, then continue to call me an anti-mormon if it helps you sum that up.
<quoted text>
You have already said time and time again that you could care less what I believe, then continue to preach what YOU believe. I get that. It seems to me that you are afraid of what I teach, because I can tell you that it is, at least verifiable and understandable. Whether or not you accept that, is not my problem. I personally think it is yours. That is where we differ.
You would have me stay silent while you teach fabricated religion? I'm sorry Hannah. This is the world you live in, as well as mine. Go bear your testimony on fast sunday if you don't want reason to challenge it. This is a public forum, and I have something to say. Do you not understand that?
Like I said have at it...you are hell bent to prove Mormonism wrong. I'm getting popcorn and sitting back for this.
John Coffey

United States

#15 Jan 17, 2009
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said have at it...you are hell bent to prove Mormonism wrong. I'm getting popcorn and sitting back for this.
Sweetie, Its a really easy prove, so I'm really not hell bent. Lets not be so Dramatic here.
John Coffey

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2009
Hannah Rebekah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hows your popcorn? Can you prove it true without using the same "feelings" that all religions use? You're the religion making miraculous claims.
John Coffey

Saint George, UT

#18 Jan 18, 2009
So why no comment from Stay at home dad. Is he frightened?

San Antonio, TX

#19 Jan 19, 2009
John Coffey wrote:
So why no comment from Stay at home dad. Is he frightened?
Or it could be that he doesn't want to post here so that he can claim that he didn't see the thread. Do you think I should keep inviting him until he responds?
John Coffey

Saint George, UT

#20 Jan 19, 2009
Keith Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could be that he doesn't want to post here so that he can claim that he didn't see the thread. Do you think I should keep inviting him until he responds?
I think you should. I would like to hear his answer. I think he ignores it, like mormons ignore many MANY things: they have to to keep their testimony. Trepidation and excuses are a useful reaction when you simply have to believe in things that are simply unbelievable.

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jan 20, 2009
John Coffey wrote:
I think you should. I would like to hear his answer. I think he ignores it, like mormons ignore many MANY things: they have to to keep their testimony. Trepidation and excuses are a useful reaction when you simply have to believe in things that are simply unbelievable.
I think you are correct. I will continue to ask him until I get an answer. Could you please do the same? Seriously, why wouldn't someone want to at least try to reconcile?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coming soon to Mormon genealogical database: re... Jun 16 NICK 11
News Mormon genealogical database to accept same-sex... Jun 15 Evilgelicalling 1
News Woman opposes LDS Church effort to toss her sex... Jun 13 Elganned 1
News Mormons confront a history of Church racism May 29 Mitt Romney 1
News Not just for boys anymore? May 24 They cannot kill ... 3
News Romney: Jeffress wrong man to give Jerusalem em... May '18 WelbyMD 47
News Robert Jeffress is 'religious bigot,' wrong for... May '18 whiney beech 15