First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Inglefield, IN

#1 May 4, 2008
I cant believe all the time you spend defending this dumb man made religion and I hope you're at least getting paid from the church for making a fool out of yourself day in and day out on this site.

Since: Aug 07

Inglefield, IN

#2 May 4, 2008
lol
BONNYOSHEA

Saskatoon, Canada

#3 May 4, 2008
PROV1X81 wrote:
I cant believe all the time you spend defending this dumb man made religion and I hope you're at least getting paid from the church for making a fool out of yourself day in and day out on this site.
when a person is brainwashed into a cult like this,it becomes their life... It is sad but she has bought the lie,hook line and sinker !

Since: Apr 08

United States

#4 May 4, 2008
SAD ALL OF YOU ARE BIGOTS & IGNORAMUSES
GO ahead & burn your crosses
BONNYOSHEA

Saskatoon, Canada

#5 May 4, 2008
Elder Dalton wrote:
SAD ALL OF YOU ARE BIGOTS & IGNORAMUSES
GO ahead & burn your crosses
Thats not very christian like....... oh right your mormon....carry on back bencher !!

“Let us reason together.”

Since: Mar 08

Nampa, Idaho USA

#6 May 4, 2008
I have not seen a single critic of Joseph Smith disprove evidences for Book of Mormon antiquity for example. That anybody could write that book in the 19th century as mere Apocrypha is a point i disagree with the critics on. Any LDS who would say Joseph Smith was probably qualified to write the book just is not aware of the evidences for Joseph smith reliability.

I have a challenge for the critics who wrote previously. I have a book called Echoes and Evidences of The Book of Mormon. Go out and buy a copy and then show me my evidence for Book of Mormon reliability is unreliable. I know for sure you can't do it as i read two hard hitting essays in Zondervan's The New Mormon Challenge that sought to do just that. I just looked at my copy and here are the essays.

10.Does the Book of Mormon Reflect an Ancient Near Eastern Background? By Thomas J. finley.
11.Rendering Fiction: Translation,Pseudotranslation, and the Book of Mormon by David J. Shepard.

Reading FARMs Review response to these essays convinced me the evidences survived the critiques. So i find reading such Evangelical books gives me hope the book is true.(1 Peter 3:5) Joseph Smith far from being dumb was smarter than any man in the 19th century and that only because Gods inspiration is smarter.

“Let us reason together.”

Since: Mar 08

Nampa, Idaho USA

#7 May 4, 2008
I have a book entitled Will The Real Heretics Please Stand Up, A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the Light of Early Christianity by David Bercot. Like him i discovered grace alone was heresy to the early Christian writers. I never have read an early Christian Martin Luther.

I am not actually LDS. I am Reorganized LDS. I am reading a book thats online to read at Lifeline to RLDS Ministries. Its entitled Reorganized Latter Day Saint Church: Is it Christian? by Carol Hansen. I am nore than willing to discuss the content of her book with anyone who can do so in a cordial manner. http://lifeline2rlds.org/cms/books.html

The books typical of many of the critical of the LDS Church books i have read over a period of many years. Rather than thinking they, or we are cultists i became convinced Evangelicals were the real heretics. I have books in my library like Mormonism shadow or reality? and letters To A Mormon Elder. FAIR and its FAIR Wiki is doing a good job at showing these books are in error about Mormonism.

“Let us reason together.”

Since: Mar 08

Nampa, Idaho USA

#8 May 4, 2008
If Hannah feels a need to rest it should not be because critics think her in error. I only rest when i get to feeling burnt out talking to skeptics. I honestly prefer to dialogue with persons who can get into the Book of Mormon with me.(Acts 17:11) http://www.fairlds.org FAIR has a new article on Martin Luther that i plan to read when i get a chance.
BONNYOSHEA

Saskatoon, Canada

#9 May 4, 2008
Robert Fields wrote:
I have a book entitled Will The Real Heretics Please Stand Up, A New Look at Today's Evangelical Church in the Light of Early Christianity by David Bercot. Like him i discovered grace alone was heresy to the early Christian writers. I never have read an early Christian Martin Luther.
I am not actually LDS. I am Reorganized LDS. I am reading a book thats online to read at Lifeline to RLDS Ministries. Its entitled Reorganized Latter Day Saint Church: Is it Christian? by Carol Hansen. I am nore than willing to discuss the content of her book with anyone who can do so in a cordial manner. http://lifeline2rlds.org/cms/books.html
The books typical of many of the critical of the LDS Church books i have read over a period of many years. Rather than thinking they, or we are cultists i became convinced Evangelicals were the real heretics. I have books in my library like Mormonism shadow or reality? and letters To A Mormon Elder. FAIR and its FAIR Wiki is doing a good job at showing these books are in error about Mormonism.
read your holy bible if you want to discredit the book of mormon !! that will do it !

“Let us reason together.”

Since: Mar 08

Nampa, Idaho USA

#10 May 5, 2008
I read my Bible. I read critics of the Book of Mormon. I take up my Bible to look up every scripture used in my critics books. Instead of becoming anti-Restoration i got baptized Community of Christ/RLDS in 2005. When the Bible is read correctly it supports and does not discredit the Book of Mormon. Remember to apply the true Barean test not Thessalonican excuses.

In response to carol Hansen's books a book was published enitled On Behalf of Christ's Restored Gospel. It answered each one of her Bible based objections to the Book of Mormon.

Some of those who accuse LDS of being cultists spread lies about LDS belief. The most common one being LDS believe God had sex with Mary thus explaining the conception. Only when i read LDS books like Mormon Doctrine, and Doctrines of salvation did i find out critics were trying to brainwash me. LDS believe the conception of God's literal son was by the power of the Holy Spirit. But the method was not sex but artificial insemination of mary's egg. Thus Mary was a virgin before, during and until she gave birth to Jesus. Doctrines of Salvation 1:19 says "Christ Conceived By Power of Holy Ghost." The critics miss that, but dishonestly only cite pg.18 which says "Christ Not Begotten of Holy Ghost." In other words they see the Father not the Holy Ghost as the biological Father of Jesus.

Nothing in that book, or Mormon Doctrine teaches God had sex with Mary. Both books teach the virgin birth enough to satisfy me they believe Mary was a virgin. I see no basis for the idea they only believe Mary kept her virginity because she had sex with God. A woman who has sex loses virginity with man, or god.

“Let us reason together.”

Since: Mar 08

Nampa, Idaho USA

#11 May 5, 2008
A tract i got from Utah Lighthouse Ministry is entitled How to Witness To A Mormon by Jerry and Dianna Benson. One of their misleading sections is entitled "Jesus, not begotten by a virgin." To make their case they cite Mormon Doctrine. But they leave out the entire section in Bruce r. McConkie's book on the Virgin Birth. They should know better unless they do not really have a copy of the book. Maybe they hold LDS define virginity differently so rationalize witholding the section from their reader. LDS cite Matthew 1:18,20 also, and the authors know it. They should be ashamed of themselves, but being like the Thessalonicans they are not.(Acts 17)

They cite Orson Pratt's the Seer publication. He clearly denied the virgin birth. But what the author's do not say is the publication got orson pratt in trouble. At the time LDS leaders were suggesting the publication be burned, or otherwise destroyed because of false doctrine in it.

And these people in league with Moody Press say Mormons are cultists? I see them as the real heretics. For the LDS side read http://en.fairmormon.org/Jesus_Christ%27sconc... it has the abused LDS quotes and the one critics hide from their readers. They do this to keep people thinking via this deceptive trick of Satan that LDS believe God had sex with Mary.

“Let us reason together.”

Since: Mar 08

Nampa, Idaho USA

#12 May 5, 2008

Since: Aug 07

Inglefield, IN

#13 May 5, 2008
Elder Dalton wrote:
SAD ALL OF YOU ARE BIGOTS & IGNORAMUSES
GO ahead & burn your crosses
who are you talking to?

Since: Aug 07

Inglefield, IN

#14 May 5, 2008
BONNYOSHEA wrote:
<quoted text>when a person is brainwashed into a cult like this,it becomes their life... It is sad but she has bought the lie,hook line and sinker !
ive tried asking her some questions about her
goal here and why she defends this religion like it the greatest thing ever invented by man, but she jumps around so much i cant keep up with where my questions are.
I don't have anymore against this man made religion than I do any religion, including christianity. But in the middle of hannah's
jumping up and down defending all of this she says some pretty strange things especially concerning the Texas situation and I think deep down she doesn't really have a problem with teenage girls being forced to marry 50 yr old perverts but just wont admit it.
maybe she will think this thread is a sign from god to go out and get an updated hair style and
a new hobby and stop hanging out here all the time.lol
sumtin wong

Madison, GA

#15 May 5, 2008
Robert Fields wrote:
A tract i got from Utah Lighthouse Ministry is entitled How to Witness To A Mormon by Jerry and Dianna Benson. One of their misleading sections is entitled "Jesus, not begotten by a virgin." To make their case they cite Mormon Doctrine. But they leave out the entire section in Bruce r. McConkie's book on the Virgin Birth. They should know better unless they do not really have a copy of the book. Maybe they hold LDS define virginity differently so rationalize witholding the section from their reader. LDS cite Matthew 1:18,20 also, and the authors know it. They should be ashamed of themselves, but being like the Thessalonicans they are not.(Acts 17)
They cite Orson Pratt's the Seer publication. He clearly denied the virgin birth. But what the author's do not say is the publication got orson pratt in trouble. At the time LDS leaders were suggesting the publication be burned, or otherwise destroyed because of false doctrine in it.
And these people in league with Moody Press say Mormons are cultists? I see them as the real heretics. For the LDS side read http://en.fairmormon.org/Jesus_Christ%27sconc... it has the abused LDS quotes and the one critics hide from their readers. They do this to keep people thinking via this deceptive trick of Satan that LDS believe God had sex with Mary.
The mormons will go through great lengths to pass over strong people to pick out the weak vunerable people to speak to about their cult. You know I have seen them on the bikes in every city I lived in. Never once had they stopped to try to recruit me...

by the way. I am african american. Could be the reason. grant it there are a scant few that is in the church now. You know... the token to keep up with the competition and ward off the critics.
sumtin wong

Madison, GA

#16 May 5, 2008
When you say anything about this false religion to a mormon man-- it is like another spirit takes over them and they get this glazed over look.

They are utterly brainwashed into this religion. And the women, forget about it. they are trained to say the same things over and over again.

No brain to wash there.

This is truly a false religion. I went 2 weeks ago with a friend. Wow! First of all a huge building was almost empty. So I take it is not a popular cult this side of Texas.

Perhaps the people are more aware here in the East. And everyone had that washed face look... even the token few seemed glazed over.
onlymm

Wichita Falls, TX

#17 May 5, 2008
I know Hannahs postings are long winded and arent agreed with all that well, but I hope this forum doesnt make her feelings hurt.

“Aurea mediocritas ”

Since: Feb 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 May 5, 2008
onlymm wrote:
I know Hannahs postings are long winded and arent agreed with all that well, but I hope this forum doesnt make her feelings hurt.
Oh no, they aren't out to hurt her feelings. More like looking for a tree to swing hemp over for her.

Since: Aug 07

Inglefield, IN

#19 May 5, 2008
onlymm wrote:
I know Hannahs postings are long winded and arent agreed with all that well, but I hope this forum doesnt make her feelings hurt.
but its all right for her to jump on anybody and everybody here that has something negative to say about this brain-dead religion? sorry, this is an open forum and all of us have freedom of speech
here, not just her.
its obvious every thought she has is filtered through this goofy belief system which is fine but this "prof prof prof " drum shes been beating over this texas situation is disturbing and you know it.
anybody with half a brain can sense there's something very wrong going on in the texas sex camp and she should be ashamed of herself for
only focusing on the bogus phone call verses whats going on with these brainwashed women and sexually
abused children.

onlymm

Wichita Falls, TX

#20 May 5, 2008
PROV1X81 wrote:
<quoted text>
but its all right for her to jump on anybody and everybody here that has something negative to say about this brain-dead religion? sorry, this is an open forum and all of us have freedom of speech
here, not just her.
its obvious every thought she has is filtered through this goofy belief system which is fine but this "prof prof prof " drum shes been beating over this texas situation is disturbing and you know it.
anybody with half a brain can sense there's something very wrong going on in the texas sex camp and she should be ashamed of herself for
only focusing on the bogus phone call verses whats going on with these brainwashed women and sexually
abused children.
Oh I am in no way for the FLDS. I think what was done was justified by the state. I just dont like to hurt feelings, I told her once she was wierd to me, but I now think she just soo badly wants to stand up for her LDS beliefs. I get tired of it over and over and her posts are very long so I can only read maybe the first paragraph, I once again, just didnt want to hurt her feelings. I even thought at one time she might be a man, maybe still is, but I think its important we all get along despite our differences. If someone insults me I just try and read on .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 4 hr koko ngati 28,298
Mormon leaders call for laws protecting some ga... 6 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 8
Mormon leaders call for measures protecting gay... Wed WeTheSheeple 17
Are Mormons Muslims? (Oct '10) Jan 25 edecker 6
Mitt Romney's new focus on poverty has many all... Jan 18 gafriv 2
Mormon steps down from Ordain Women post to kee... Jan 17 Judy Byington 2
Mormon who runs website for faith questions fac... Jan 16 Belle Sexton 8
More from around the web