Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

Ava, MO

#17254 Oct 10, 2012
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>You must be very frustrated now that Romney has surged into the lead following his stellar debate performance against the empty chair:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/...
Welcome back.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#17255 Oct 11, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course heavenly father loves us all dummy. He gets to have actual sex with heavenly mother and uses us as his excuse.
Jesus Christ Almighty you are dense and rather juvenile.
She is also a sweet and loving person, and very classy. Please don't pick on her in that way.

Marysville, CA

#17256 Oct 11, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
LDS is not a church it is a political party and, as such, needs to have its tax exempt status revoked.
No, it may not be a religion I agree with and even actively fight against, but it is a religion. It needs to have it tax exempt status revoked because it does not disclose their finances. It should be mandated that all tax exempt organizations have to disclose their financial records, for anyone to examine.

Marysville, CA

#17257 Oct 11, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you piss in a jug and throw it on your hoard pile, cat lady.
I saw that episode this weekend. I was ill and had to turn the channel.

Marysville, CA

#17258 Oct 11, 2012
Interesting... Protestants no longer considered the majority in the US, and SLC deemed most Christian city in the US. Hmmm...
That is only because they were counting tithing payments towards the church, which I would debate is not a charity.(Real charities don't build shopping malls and condos) If you removed church tithes, even the article said the numbers would change.

Marysville, CA

#17259 Oct 11, 2012
Why I'll never be a Muslim, reason 1,298: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/10/raymond-ibr...

Raymond Ibrahim: Egyptian Clinic Treats People with Camel Urine Per Prophet's Advice

Since: Sep 12

Ava, MO

#17260 Oct 11, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>I saw that episode this weekend. I was ill and had to turn the channel.
Worst one yet. Nauseating.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#17261 Oct 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Welcome back.
Thanks.

I check this thread from time to time. I'm amazed it's STILL going strong after all this time.

And I see the person who hates Oregon is still in usual form...LOL!

“Mormons will brainwash you”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#17262 Oct 11, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Since leaving Mormonism, I have never heard masturbation being ever brought up in any church I have attended.
I love how they tell members what is ok for married husband and wife to do the bedroom. That just shows how far they intrude in members lives.

Location hidden

#17263 Oct 11, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest, Moroni isn't an issue to me. I know growing up Mormon that Mormons don't worship or pray to Moroni, so they aren't creating Saints like the Catholic do. I'm glad they use Moroni as their symbol, if they used crosses, I think it would be more deceptive because they really do set themselves apart from Mainstream Christianity. Moroni clearly shows that.
A gold statue on their temples and on so many books ect is a idol. If they were smart they would put Jesus up there. My new non denomination church teaches only from the bible. I love it! I grew up falling asleep in mormon church and the boringness is terrible.

Location hidden

#17264 Oct 11, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you post, you validate your ignorance. Moroni was an angel, not a God. Big difference.
You treat him like a god! Don't try to bull sht me. He's on all your books and temples. In gold too! If you think that's ok you are brainwashed

Location hidden

#17265 Oct 11, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
Mormons believe in a prophet that claims to follow GOD. Why believe in a man when JESUS is all you need? This is the cult part of being a mormon...I have a problem with the book of mormon and the modern day prophet. That is NOT right. I have a problem with the horny men wanting more than one wife for his own sexual pleasures because he said GOD told him to.
You can't argue with Mormons about how they've been brainwashed. That would be the same as telling a Muslim suicide bomber not to blow up a building because its murder.

Location hidden

#17266 Oct 11, 2012
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
Again, a lot of what you claim we believe are lies. Visit www.lds.org or www.mormon.org and all of your questions about the Book of Mormon will be answered by those who have actually read it instead of those who have never even seen a real copy.
You can't argue with Mormons about how they've been brainwashed. That would be the same as telling a Muslim suicide bomber not to blow up a building because its murder. Then try reading the alkida website for the truth

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#17267 Oct 11, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how they tell members what is ok for married husband and wife to do the bedroom. That just shows how far they intrude in members lives.
Really ? No one has ever had to.coach me on what to do in the bedroom. Sounds like a personal issue for you.

“I will not keep calm”

#17268 Oct 11, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
You treat him like a god! Don't try to bull sht me. He's on all your books and temples. In gold too! If you think that's ok you are brainwashed
Why are you always so angry ? Lol.....
I dont treat him like a God. I do not pray to him or worship him. No brainwashing here. Just a Mormon christian..exactly how does the way I choose to worship have any bearing on your life ?

“I will not keep calm”

#17269 Oct 11, 2012
Gladiator76 wrote:
<quoted text>
A gold statue on their temples and on so many books ect is a idol. If they were smart they would put Jesus up there. My new non denomination church teaches only from the bible. I love it! I grew up falling asleep in mormon church and the boringness is terrible.
hmmm. I grew up in a baptist church that didnt allow me to bring my black friends to church with me and was constantly told I was going to hell. Quite frightening to be honest. Im glad you found a church you like. You wont see me telling you that your choice is wrong. We should all be happy .

The religious choice a person makes is personal, spiritual and only for them. You should learn that just as you made the choice to leave, others make the choice to come to or remain Mormon.

“I will not keep calm”

#17270 Oct 11, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course heavenly father loves us all dummy. He gets to have actual sex with heavenly mother and uses us as his excuse.
Jesus Christ Almighty you are dense and rather juvenile.
Why is it that you call us the sexual perverts when nearly every post you make is about sex ?
Being called juvenile by you is hilarious. You seem to chase your tail a lot.

Location hidden

#17271 Oct 11, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Really ? No one has ever had to.coach me on what to do in the bedroom. Sounds like a personal issue for you.
Local church leaders have been encouraged not to ask married couples about their sexual practices. However, the chuch has not changed its position that oral sex is an "unnatural, impure, or unholy practice" and therefore it is prohibited under the covenant made in the temple to abstain from all "unnatural, impure, or unholy practices."

Location hidden

#17272 Oct 11, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you always so angry ? Lol.....
I dont treat him like a God. I do not pray to him or worship him. No brainwashing here. Just a Mormon christian..exactly how does the way I choose to worship have any bearing on your life ?
Putting a statue up their shows you put him before Jesus. How can you not see that? Maybe not worship but your super temples show who is more important.

Well your fellow members won't quit harassing my front door to preach and ask for money, my workplace coworkers on their beliefs about everything, my son in scouts being pushed to say prayers in scout meetings and go to church to help excel in scouts, my neighbors dirty looks when I'm working in the yard on Sunday, the list goes on and on. They are truly Christians.

Location hidden

#17273 Oct 11, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>hmmm. I grew up in a baptist church that didnt allow me to bring my black friends to church with me and was constantly told I was going to hell. Quite frightening to be honest. Im glad you found a church you like. You wont see me telling you that your choice is wrong. We should all be happy .

The religious choice a person makes is personal, spiritual and only for them. You should learn that just as you made the choice to leave, others make the choice to come to or remain Mormon.
I'm talking the Mormonism of Mormon, not you as a person. How many talks in church have you heard in the last year about what Jesus taught in the bible compared to bom talks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 3 min Wanderer2452 3,138
News Mama Dragons lead the fight for their gay Mormo... 10 hr Belle Sexton 19
News Poll: More faiths embracing gay marriage Sun woodtick57 163
News Thousands Of Religious Leaders Urge The Supreme... Apr 30 Quest 96
Mormonism is utter heresy Apr 24 LDS RULES 4
News Gay rights, religious rights and a compromise i... Apr 18 RalphB 43
News UK prosecutors drop reporter bribe charges afte... Apr 17 Belle Sexton 1
More from around the web