Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

West Plains, MO

#16585 Oct 5, 2012
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS wrote:
Sure why not.
Thanks.
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16586 Oct 5, 2012
Np.
ConchaPena

Albuquerque, NM

#16587 Oct 5, 2012
all of you doubters become CATHOLIC and you will KNOW the TRUTH, believe and you will be saved.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#16588 Oct 5, 2012
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you do have piercings. >:-)
oh the shame.... Wait. I have none. Oops :P

“I will not keep calm”

#16589 Oct 5, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside the 2 Church approved piercings in her ears? Oh, the shame!:^)
yes...yes and amazingly heavenly father loves me anyway.
; ) now I will prepare for the verbal beatdown lol

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16590 Oct 5, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> yes...yes and amazingly heavenly father loves me anyway.
; ) now I will prepare for the verbal beatdown lol
If you are referring to me... I already told you how I felt.
As long as you don't misrepresent the LDS Church or standards... I'm cool :)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16591 Oct 5, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
How typical..then I will ignore you and your silly and creepy attacks and post more of Mitts LIES.
RMoney Debate Myth #6
“I saw a study that came out today that said you’re going to raise taxes by $3,000 to $4,000 on middle-income families.”
Romney is pointing to this study from the American Enterprise Institute. It actually found that rather than raise taxes to pay down the debt, the Obama administration’s policies — those contained directly in his budget — would reduce the share of taxes that go toward servicing the debt by $1,289.89 per taxpayer in the $100,000 to $200,000 range
RMoney Debate Myth #7
“And the reason is because small business pays that individual rate; 54 percent of America’s workers work in businesses that are taxed not at the corporate tax rate, but at the individual tax rate….97 percent of the businesses are not — not taxed at the 35 percent tax rate, they’re taxed at a lower rate. But those businesses that are in the last 3 percent of businesses happe
n to employ half — half of all the people who work in small business.”
Far less than half of the people affected by the expiration of the upper income tax cuts get any of their income at all from a small businesses. And those people could very well be receiving speaking fees or book royalties, which qualify as “small business income” but don’t have a direct impact on job creation. It’s actually hard to find a small business who think that they will be hurt if the marginal tax rate on income earned above $250,000 per year is increased.
Even I never realized just how much of a dirtbag Romney is.

No wonder Wall Streeters write that they never trusted Bain under the dirtbag's rule. Romney will say anything to get what he wants.

I can see why the other Mormons hate him and will do what they can to prove that LDS is not represented by the Romneys.

TOO LATE.

LDS looks like a bunch of lying scumbags out to fill their coffers with tax money by pretending it is a church and then harassing gay people for being gay. Whatever the truth of the matter it is tainted now with the Romney dirtbag stench.
obarry

Oak Hill, WV

#16592 Oct 5, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Even I never realized just how much of a dirtbag Romney is.
No wonder Wall Streeters write that they never trusted Bain under the dirtbag's rule. Romney will say anything to get what he wants.
I can see why the other Mormons hate him and will do what they can to prove that LDS is not represented by the Romneys.
TOO LATE.
LDS looks like a bunch of lying scumbags out to fill their coffers with tax money by pretending it is a church and then harassing gay people for being gay. Whatever the truth of the matter it is tainted now with the Romney dirtbag stench.

Where do you get your info other mormons hate him? Links?
Lying? You want a list of obamas lies? Its a long one.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16593 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
And, since the man's very N.A.M.E. was C.H.A.N.G.E.D. by
E.L.O.H.I.M. with W.H.O.M. he OBVIOUSLY WAS DEALING
to I WRESTLED WITH ELOHIM,
the hosea reference SEEMS LIKE God,
being a messenger,
for God, doesn't it.
And if Jesus Christ IS THE GOD of the NEW TESTAMENT
but they knew Jacob would pursue the course of grabbing and holding him,
(he had done this to his brother Esau in the womb,)
and HE SENT HIS FATHER,
GOD the ETERNAL FATHER,
who was a GOD
who was a MAN
who had a BODY,
then GOD the FATHER
would BE MESSENGER for GOD the SON,
in THAT
INSTANCE -
truly the messenger of GOD,
yet Jacob could be NAMED
the MAN
who WRESTLED with GOD.
Because he did.
Because that GOD who was the MESSENGER of GOD
said let go of me.
You must chug more stupid juice than a bunch of carnival people after a rained out show in Minnesota.
No matter how you dance around it, Elohim is Hebrew for "god". Any god, whether the one of Israel or any false gods. It's not a proper name of God. It would be the same as someone saying God's name is "God". Jacob wrestle with God, yes, but he wrestle with Jesus, who even the LDS church declares is Jehovah of the Old Testament. What you are preaching isn't Mormonism. Every time you read about someone seeing God in the Old Testament, they are either seeing his messenger or Jesus.

John 1:18
No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 5:37
[ Witness of the Father ] And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.

John 6:46
Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.

John 14:7
[ Oneness with the Father ] If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

John 14:9
Jesus *said to him,“Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say,‘Show us the Father’?

You believe whatever you want, I'll believe Jesus.

Marysville, CA

#16594 Oct 6, 2012
And, since the man's very name was changed by Elohim with whom he obviously was dealing to "I wrestled with Elohim", the Hosea reference seems like God, being a messenger, for God, doesn't it.
And if Jesus Christ IS THE GOD of the NEW TESTAMENT
but they knew Jacob would pursue the course of grabbing and holding him,
(he had done this to his brother Esau in the womb,)
and he sent his father, God the Father, who was a God, who was a man, who had a body, then God the Father would be messenger for God the Son, in that instance - truly the messenger of GOD -
yet Jacob could be named the man who wrestled with God. Because he did. Because that God who was the messenger of God, said let go of me.
You must chug more stupid juice than a bunch of carnival people after a rained out show in Minnesota.
Yes, he wrestle with God, Jesus Christ. The one with the stupid juice is the one who after being shown he was an idiot on the meaning of the word "Elohim" still sticking to his idiot claims. Good luck with that.

Marysville, CA

#16595 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You LYING GRUB
"Moses R. Denning
After her divorce from Brigham Young, she married 53-year-old Moses R. Denning of Manistee, Michigan,[5] a non-Mormon and wealthy logger known to have only one arm.[11][12] Two years prior to her marriage to Denning, Ann Eliza stayed at the home of Denning, who at the time was married with children.[12] Because of Denning's financial stability, Ann Eliza lost interest in her crusade against Mormonism and polygamy and stopped delivering lectures the week she married Denning.[11][13] She eventually became estranged from her family, including her children (a grandson told Wallace that neither of her sons had contact with her after they reached early adulthood). In 1930, her older grandson told Wallace "I hope to hell I never see her again."[14]
Divorce
Denning later left Ann Eliza after a series of alleged affairs she'd had with local townsmen.[15] Ann Eliza retaliated on the advice of her attorney by charging large amounts of money to Denning's accounts, as she had previously done in her divorce from Brigham Young. According to Wallace, "she bought a thousand dollars worth of groceries and provisions, dry goods, shoes, slippers, furniture and hardware in a couple of days."[16]
A 1907 article on the 30th anniversary of Young's death updated the public on his then surviving widows and stated that Ann Eliza was divorced for the third time and living in Lansing, Michigan. The 1900 U.S. census had reported her living in Breckenridge, Summit County, Colorado.[17] Ann Eliza would eventually return to Utah to claim a $2,000 legacy from her first husband, whom she had previously described as the "blight of my life."[18]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Eliza_Young
You got one right! Good for you. Proof that even a broken clock is right twice a day.
But it isn't on a issue that will save the LDS church. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#16596 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Can you write normally, using correct punctuation? Your postings are very difficult to read and disjointed. Without using proper grammar and punctuation, your posts make little to no sense.
Thank YOU!!!

“I will not keep calm”

#16597 Oct 6, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are referring to me... I already told you how I felt.
As long as you don't misrepresent the LDS Church or standards... I'm cool :)
See sport, I think that this is where you don't understand me. I don't misrepresent the church, if anything I represent the church. Our members are just like me. I'm not sure how old you are but let me tell you a bit about me. I am 36 years old and most of the members of my ward are exactly like me. Only difference is that they are ashamed of who they are as people. They have the mistaken thought that because they are Mormon , perfectionism is required. So, that is what they show to the outside world. They have hidden tattoos that their parents have never seen. They have piercings in places people can't see. In my eyes they live a lie. Christ ask that we do the best we can.
That is different for all of us. I can't tell you how many people I have shared the gospel with who thought that being Mormon was somehow above them. Which is WHY they never converted. People NEED to know that our church isn't made of perfect people. It is made of people who love Christ. It is made of people with sordid past who are trying to be better.
The qualifying question is do you believe that this church is the restored church of Jesus Christ.
I once worked with a lady and she was a great person. A drinker , a smoker, cussed like a sailor. At the time I worked 3rd shift . I would take my BOM with me and read it during my lunch break, which finally caused her to start asking questions. She wanted to know more about Mormonism. She had actually been to Mormon.org once because she was curious. She WANTED to convert. She loved the things we represent, but was told by a missionary that because she had an abortion as a result of rape when she was a teenager that she could not be forgiven for that. Nor be a member of the church. Her heart was broken. I explained to her that isn't exactly how it works. We had a long talk and she cried for a very long time. She was sorrowful, hurt and wanted to be loved by God. I have no doubt that the missionary who told her that was probably misguided, and didn't quite understand the circumstances she was faced with. Heavenly father did though. She never became a member but because I was open, honest and listened her view of the church changed. I think as members it is our responsibility to let people know that we aren't perfect. That we have standards and morals as all christians do. We just need to make sure that what we ask isn't unreachable for people.
We need to represent ourselves just how we are. Maybe you have no skeletons in your closet but I certainly do. I have faced them, admitted to them and because of that became a better person because of the grace of our savior.

West Plains, MO

#16598 Oct 6, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> See sport, I think that this is where you don't understand me. I don't misrepresent the church, if anything I represent the church. Our members are just like me. I'm not sure how old you are but let me tell you a bit about me. I am 36 years old and most of the members of my ward are exactly like me. Only difference is that they are ashamed of who they are as people. They have the mistaken thought that because they are Mormon , perfectionism is required. So, that is what they show to the outside world. They have hidden tattoos that their parents have never seen. They have piercings in places people can't see. In my eyes they live a lie. Christ ask that we do the best we can.
That is different for all of us. I can't tell you how many people I have shared the gospel with who thought that being Mormon was somehow above them. Which is WHY they never converted. People NEED to know that our church isn't made of perfect people. It is made of people who love Christ. It is made of people with sordid past who are trying to be better.
The qualifying question is do you believe that this church is the restored church of Jesus Christ.
I once worked with a lady and she was a great person. A drinker , a smoker, cussed like a sailor. At the time I worked 3rd shift . I would take my BOM with me and read it during my lunch break, which finally caused her to start asking questions. She wanted to know more about Mormonism. She had actually been to Mormon.org once because she was curious. She WANTED to convert. She loved the things we represent, but was told by a missionary that because she had an abortion as a result of rape when she was a teenager that she could not be forgiven for that. Nor be a member of the church. Her heart was broken. I explained to her that isn't exactly how it works. We had a long talk and she cried for a very long time. She was sorrowful, hurt and wanted to be loved by God. I have no doubt that the missionary who told her that was probably misguided, and didn't quite understand the circumstances she was faced with. Heavenly father did though. She never became a member but because I was open, honest and listened her view of the church changed. I think as members it is our responsibility to let people know that we aren't perfect. That we have standards and morals as all christians do. We just need to make sure that what we ask isn't unreachable for people.
We need to represent ourselves just how we are. Maybe you have no skeletons in your closet but I certainly do. I have faced them, admitted to them and because of that became a better person because of the grace of our savior.
Well written...

Marysville, CA

#16600 Oct 6, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> See sport, I think that this is where you don't understand me. I don't misrepresent the church, if anything I represent the church. Our members are just like me. I'm not sure how old you are but let me tell you a bit about me. I am 36 years old and most of the members of my ward are exactly like me. Only difference is that they are ashamed of who they are as people. They have the mistaken thought that because they are Mormon , perfectionism is required. So, that is what they show to the outside world. They have hidden tattoos that their parents have never seen. They have piercings in places people can't see. In my eyes they live a lie. Christ ask that we do the best we can.
The elder she talked to was an idiot. The Bishops Handbook states that if a woman gets an abortion because of rape, or incest, it isn't consider murder. But it does demonstrate a view of many Mormons who instead of loving a person they just look at what they consider sin. There is very little grace with many of them and it affects how they treat each other. Just as when they hear of someone leaving the church the first thing they assume is because it is due to some sin.

Marysville, CA

#16601 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Well written...
Agree.

Marysville, CA

#16602 Oct 6, 2012
NOMO HOMO PAGANISMS

Live Oak, CA

#16603 Oct 6, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You got one right! Good for you. Proof that even a broken clock is right twice a day.
But it isn't on a issue that will save the LDS church. LOL!!!
YOU
GOT
CAUGHT

*** LYING WHEN THE TRUTH WAS EASIER ***

you SATANIC HICK.

Marysville, CA

#16604 Oct 6, 2012
HOMOMORMON wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU
GOT
CAUGHT
*** LYING WHEN THE TRUTH WAS EASIER ***
you SATANIC HICK.
It doesn't save your church, Satan's Bitch.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16605 Oct 6, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.

Thomas Monson.

WISDOM IS KNOWING TH RIGHT PATH TO TAKE...INTEGRITY IS TAKING IT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... 4 hr True Christian wi... 89
News Support group for LGBT Mormons gains strength e... Fri Rubio s Foam Partays 1
News '50 Shades!: The Musical' returns to Sarasota (Nov '13) Sep 22 Operation Shylock 9
News Polygamy No Longer a Crime in Utah (Dec '13) Sep 20 barfnetvpn 25
Mormon Church Getting Money from Casinos - Why ... (Oct '09) Sep 6 tongangodz 25
News Graham group takes Mormon cult wording off Web (Oct '12) Sep 4 tongangodz 11
News Former LDS Church lobbyist joins board of LGBT ... Sep 2 Der Doktor Der Li... 23
More from around the web