Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,995

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#16305 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
No I am piratefighting and I admit I am a woman. I've said I don't need to hide... not xmouse.... get it.
Reading your posts and your the fact the conversation said do a name search on you I did so. You gave your real name I did not.
I did that search that was suggested and on the spokeo search it identifies you and your wife as both being females.
No I'm not a prophet. I just know how to run a search.
So, you know I avoid the vile vulgar discusting people posting in here. Thus, I do not linger in your trashy discusting posts long.
I sincerly hope you don't use spokeo for complete factual infotmation.

“I will not keep calm”

#16306 Oct 3, 2012
Liberty Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>i believe in freedom of religion but even Muslims acknowledge Christ in their teachings and I don't see them claiming to be Christians like Mormons do. Just saying!
I am Mormon, and I am Christian :)
Mormonism is christianity. Lucky for me your opionion as to if we are Christian doesn't matter

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16307 Oct 3, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I sincerly hope you don't use spokeo for complete factual infotmation.
Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.

Thomas Monson

“I will not keep calm”

#16308 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.
Thomas Monson
what on earth does that quote have to do with my comment?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16310 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, there is a difference between fear and refusal to engage nonsense.
So you do understand why I mostly refuse to engage you.

Marysville, CA

#16311 Oct 3, 2012
Haw Haw wrote:
BTW crackhead, your VPN hocus pocus that you use to spoof the ISP location is not impressive, it's simply pathetic. We can tell it's you, loser.
Your crappy language, incoherent thinking, profuse use of caps and poor punctuation, and in general trolling demeanor literally scream "Certified Nutcase". You're the only one who does this on this thread and the only one who has done it since you first started your illiterate spam fest earlier this summer here. You couldn't set up a dual identity here if you tried.
At any rate, you're the best advertising against your cult that we could have ever asked for. Don't let your fellow cultists get a word in edgewise. Keep it up. Now with all this VPN stuff, you can spoof your location really nice... Too bad you still spew the same old diarrhea from your keyboard.
Amen.

Marysville, CA

#16312 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Monson
Too bad you don't practice what you preach.

Marysville, CA

#16313 Oct 3, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> what on earth does that quote have to do with my comment?
How much of what she/he/it has posted been relevant to any post?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#16314 Oct 3, 2012
Doesn't Christianity say there is only one god?
Doesn't mormonism say that god is from a place where multiple gods reside?

“I will not keep calm”

#16315 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Monson
I believe that, I truly do. However, do you know what your problem is darling?? You are the kind of woman that makes others think "those Mormon women just do whatever they are told". Sweetheart it is ok to be a Mormon and have issues with some of the things we are told. It is okay to question it and it is okay to just be human. Let me tell you what I believe.
I believe Joseph Smith was a prophet. I believe Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I believe we are the restored church of the latter days. I don't question if the book of Mormon is true. Every time I pick it up and read it I feel the spirit confirm that to me.
I will raise my children in the doctrine and standards that I have been taught. I will hope they grow to have their own testimony and if I am very lucky maybe get married in the temple.

Now, let me tell you something else. Let me tell you what I won't do. I WILL NOT teach my son that masturbation is wrong and if you show me one man( or woman for that matter) who has never done it I will gladly kiss your rear end. I WILL NOT teach my kids that if they fall in love with someone of the same gender that they are bad people. I WILL NOT be a cookie cutter Mormon. I will be me. Apparently that offends you and I really don't care. You will not find me listening to the Mormon tabernacle choir when I am in the car alone. You will probably find me listening to 9 inch nails, Godsmack or my favorite song, crazy Bitch by Buckcherry. If you see a drunk in town stop me and ask me for beer money, chances are I will hand him 2 bucks. Why? Because he was honest and didn't steal it from me.
When I go home you will find me reading my scriptures, having FHE and fulfilling my callings.
Okay, I'm done with you. Please to anyone who thinks we are all the nutcase pirate is, we aren't. I promise :P
ohh and one last thing, your use of spokeo for facts is ALMOST as funny as nomos use of youtube.

“I will not keep calm”

#16316 Oct 3, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
Doesn't Christianity say there is only one god?
Doesn't mormonism say that god is from a place where multiple gods reside?
We believe that the Godhead is made of God, Jesus Christ and the holy Ghost. All being 3 distinct personages with one goal so to speak. Most christian churches teach that the Three are all one spirit. Not really that different.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16317 Oct 3, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> I believe that, I truly do. However, do you know what your problem is darling?? You are the kind of woman that makes others think "those Mormon women just do whatever they are told". Sweetheart it is ok to be a Mormon and have issues with some of the things we are told. It is okay to question it and it is okay to just be human. Let me tell you what I believe.
I believe Joseph Smith was a prophet. I believe Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I believe we are the restored church of the latter days. I don't question if the book of Mormon is true. Every time I pick it up and read it I feel the spirit confirm that to me.
I will raise my children in the doctrine and standards that I have been taught. I will hope they grow to have their own testimony and if I am very lucky maybe get married in the temple.
Now, let me tell you something else. Let me tell you what I won't do. I WILL NOT teach my son that masturbation is wrong and if you show me one man( or woman for that matter) who has never done it I will gladly kiss your rear end. I WILL NOT teach my kids that if they fall in love with someone of the same gender that they are bad people. I WILL NOT be a cookie cutter Mormon. I will be me. Apparently that offends you and I really don't care. You will not find me listening to the Mormon tabernacle choir when I am in the car alone. You will probably find me listening to 9 inch nails, Godsmack or my favorite song, crazy Bitch by Buckcherry. If you see a drunk in town stop me and ask me for beer money, chances are I will hand him 2 bucks. Why? Because he was honest and didn't steal it from me.
When I go home you will find me reading my scriptures, having FHE and fulfilling my callings.
Okay, I'm done with you. Please to anyone who thinks we are all the nutcase pirate is, we aren't. I promise :P
ohh and one last thing, your use of spokeo for facts is ALMOST as funny as nomos use of youtube.
Great... all are your choice.

You see "not ashamed", this is your issue with me.

I have multiple times tried to "leave you to it" and it not involve me.

You are the one who attacked my statement when I came in the room... referring to God's first lesson, he taught in this mortal life, being about modesty because it was so important to him he gave Adam and Eve a coat and said cover theyselves.

You are the one that made the statement you like to wear short skirts to have a little mystery about you... then trying to excuse it by saying you can't find skirts long enough because you are so tall 5'10' it's almost impossible. That's when I offended you by saying the truth... that it's your choice what length skirt you wear I am 5'8" and all my skirts are below my knees.

I am responding to you... not engaging you. Understand? You have the choice to go to Church nude if you choice... I don't care. Get it. Do what you want. I don't care what you do not ashamed. You are not my DUTY.

I am here to do my DUTY and that is to defend the falsehoods regarding the Church. I give no excuse about that.

As for the quote... sorry it offends you that I can post what a Holy Prophet says. You figure out what is wrong with you being offending that I posted it, or leave it.

Simple... your choice. Dana being a woman (spokeo finds information about everyone from the information in computer sytems... get it. She put down she is a female.)

Now, I don't care how Dana or you represent yourselves, and I don't care if who decide to like or not to like. But, don't say that it's ok for Mormons to choice which standards to stick to... it's your DUTY... but it's your individual CHOICE what you will do.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16318 Oct 3, 2012
Thomas Monson.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#16319 Oct 3, 2012
I have said this multiple times...

Live and let live... that's choice... that's freedom. As long as it doesn't hurt someone else.

Well, misrepresenting the LDS Church hurts someone else. It hurts a lot of people... that's what offends me... and it is my DUTY and not mine alone to defend it and tell the truth.

“I will not keep calm”

#16320 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Great... all are your choice.
You see "not ashamed", this is your issue with me.
I have multiple times tried to "leave you to it" and it not involve me.
You are the one who attacked my statement when I came in the room... referring to God's first lesson, he taught in this mortal life, being about modesty because it was so important to him he gave Adam and Eve a coat and said cover theyselves.
You are the one that made the statement you like to wear short skirts to have a little mystery about you... then trying to excuse it by saying you can't find skirts long enough because you are so tall 5'10' it's almost impossible. That's when I offended you by saying the truth... that it's your choice what length skirt you wear I am 5'8" and all my skirts are below my knees.
I am responding to you... not engaging you. Understand? You have the choice to go to Church nude if you choice... I don't care. Get it. Do what you want. I don't care what you do not ashamed. You are not my DUTY.
I am here to do my DUTY and that is to defend the falsehoods regarding the Church. I give no excuse about that.
As for the quote... sorry it offends you that I can post what a Holy Prophet says. You figure out what is wrong with you being offending that I posted it, or leave it.
Simple... your choice. Dana being a woman (spokeo finds information about everyone from the information in computer sytems... get it. She put down she is a female.)
Now, I don't care how Dana or you represent yourselves, and I don't care if who decide to like or not to like. But, don't say that it's ok for Mormons to choice which standards to stick to... it's your DUTY... but it's your individual CHOICE what you will do.
You remind me of the mom from the movie Carrie. Everytime I picture you I imagine her. LOL

“I will not keep calm”

#16321 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
Thomas Monson.
If you truly believe that, you should probably stop posting.

Location hidden

#16322 Oct 3, 2012
I'm not talking about the trinity. I'm talking about the origin of god. where does it say that god is?

Is satan god's brother or jesus?

Doesn't it say that any man can become his own god or something like that?

These are just questions, I don't believe in god, however I'm almost positive since christianity is completely build upon the existance of one god, I believe the mormon religion makes several points that there is more than one god?

“I will not keep calm”

#16323 Oct 3, 2012
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>

You are the one that made the statement you like to wear short skirts to have a little mystery about you.
See, once again you lie and twist others words. You know very well you are taking what I said completely out of context. Are you sure you aren't an anti? lol you certainly lie like one.

“I will not keep calm”

#16324 Oct 3, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
I'm not talking about the trinity. I'm talking about the origin of god. where does it say that god is?
Is satan god's brother or jesus?
Doesn't it say that any man can become his own god or something like that?
These are just questions, I don't believe in god, however I'm almost positive since christianity is completely build upon the existance of one god, I believe the mormon religion makes several points that there is more than one god?
Yes we believe that Satan is the brother of Jesus. Which to me makes perfect sense, being that God is the creator of all. Even Satan was part of the plan to bring us all back home to our father. I have no idea where God is, physically speaking.

Location hidden

#16325 Oct 3, 2012
Hmm. Yeah.. Well honestly none of it makes sense to me.

What about the man becoming a god.

See I've heard and seen some things that make me believe that christians and mormons are way to different to be considered the same.

I mean hell if you look at the roots christians hate for polygamy is a huge reason why mormons were always being ran out of towns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer in gay pride parade incident speaks out 12 min WeTheSheeple 65
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 hr Wanderer2452 29,941
Mormon Churcha s shift on gay rights follows se... Sat Johnny Bumpas 22
U.S. Churches: Banning Same-Sex Marriage Has No... Fri Rainbow Kid 3
New on OWN: 'Oprah: Where Are They Now?' Feb 25 Too Soft 1
Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Feb 21 NoMo 28,887
Photos Mormon church president turns 97 (Jun '07) Feb 21 Blow 3
More from around the web