Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#16255 Oct 2, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
that is me... sportxmouse... I will be posting to that account as I do not intend to spend my time on topix to discover how to change the password as when I originally set my account up.
So, I will log back in for your assurance to that account and start using that one and stop using this one.
did you not need your password to post this??? Once again......... No sense.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16256 Oct 2, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text> did you not need your password to post this??? Once again......... No sense.
No, and I will not being justifying myself to you not ashamed.
Witness to Wisdom

Courbevoie, France

#16257 Oct 2, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>Your Mormonism leaves out an important part of the sacrifice did make. He was a sacrifice for all the believe in him. i.e. trust, hope, and faith. Not for everyone.
John 3 - 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Your fragmented, quarreling kind are responsible for two world wars.

You claim your churches led you to that?

Your claims of loving your fellows are indeed, far less than steller. Yet nearly all of you are, as you freely confess when you're put into prisons, Christians.
Certainly some of those are atheists trying to fit in; muslims trying to fit in, so they are offered mainstream opportunities, limited though they are.

Nothing of your churches, from your world wars and constant strifes within each others' very homes -
your divorce levels through the roof - lets the curious believe you have anything but a lot of murdered South American Indians, a lot of murdered North American Indians, a lot of murdered Africans after you enslaved them for 600 years -

do you have anything to offer other than your constant claims of love and that it's okay, you're here from Jesus Christ?

I suspect if you did, you would bring it, and explain, using the advantages being one of your churches' members, conveys.
ConchaPena

Albuquerque, NM

#16258 Oct 2, 2012
the Book of Mormon is a desperate attempt to proclaim WHITE as the correct and only way of life.
Father Overtime

Salt Lake City, UT

#16259 Oct 2, 2012
After reading all of these posts, the consensus is that Mormons are Christians. And if "Christians" disagree, they can watch as Mormons begin to take over. Then Christians can argue if they are Mormons.
Liberty Warrior

Hammonton, NJ

#16260 Oct 2, 2012
piratefighting wrote:
I love God the Father.
I love Jesus Christ.
I love the Holy Ghost.
I love the Gospel teachings.
I love Joseph Smith.
I love the LDS Church and the standards that are set for us to follow.
I have a lot of love... sometimes too much love.
But, that's not why I am here... I am not here to justify to you ANYTHING in this forum.
That's not what DUTY is.
it's sad that you worship Joseph Smith. You act as if he's a genuine prophet or something. Mormons are blind to his misgivings and shortcomings. His legacy has been over glorified leading to many to be misled.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#16261 Oct 2, 2012
Father Overtime wrote:
After reading all of these posts, the consensus is that Mormons are Christians. And if "Christians" disagree, they can watch as Mormons begin to take over. Then Christians can argue if they are Mormons.
After reading all these posts, the consensus is that many Mormons are mentally unstable and need psychiatric care.
YEW DIDN RILLY SAY THAT

Oregon House, CA

#16262 Oct 2, 2012
Liberty Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>it's sad that you worship Joseph Smith. You act as if he's a genuine prophet or something. Mormons are blind to his misgivings and shortcomings. His legacy has been over glorified leading to many to be misled.
"HIS LEGACY HAS BEEN OVER GLORIFIED LEADING TO MANY

TO BE MISLED."

Do you REALLY
I
mean
REALLY

expect such half spelled Appalachia/Deep South GRUNTS

to be considered a reason for one to abandon THE AMERICAN RELIGION

to go participate in your orgy of divorce, rape, molestation, and intoxication?

WHO is the RAT that told you RAPE, DIVORCE, MOLESTATION and INTOXICATION is

the SIGN of HIS COMING?

Thanks, when you lern tuh spayle yue kin mayke us awl protestunts

awl wats got tu happin is we gotta start to werld wars

hav six hunnert yeeyurs uv slavury

an murder sevrul millyun uhMARIuhKUN INJUNS.

Thanks perfesser borehole we'll consider your valued opinion as we sort out the fundamental questions of metaphysics.
YEW DIDN RILLY SAY THAT

Oregon House, CA

#16263 Oct 2, 2012
ConchaPena wrote:
the Book of Mormon is a desperate attempt to proclaim WHITE as the correct and only way of life.
LOOK AROUND YOU.
DO YOU NOTICE THE ONLY PLACE THERE'S INDIANS
is WHERE THERE WERE MORMONS?

We KEPT them from KILLING YOU.

LOOK AROUND for SOME NORTH AMERICAN INDIANS THEY LEFT ALIVE.

It's part of the L.D.S. CHURCH to PROTECT and UPHOLD the INDIANS as the ORIGINAL OWNERS of this LAND; and to KEEP
the OTHER WHITE PEOPLE
from
KILLING ALL of YOU.

You're welcome.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#16264 Oct 2, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
LMBO!!! You are killing me pirate. You are right this isn't a popularity contest. Your post are all over the place though. I sometimes feel bad for you because I honestly feel there may be some mental instability there. You never make sense darling. I have no doubt that you are a good person, Just as most of the people here are. However, Dana knows the gospel, He doesn't agree but he knows. Now, he can at times piss me off with the best of them but just because his view of the church differs from mine doesn't make him bad.
I can't even agree with you on things that you may have a solid point about because without reading everything posted by everyone I never know if someone actually said something or if you are putting words in their mouths. I know you do it, because you have done it to me.
Crazy argues with Dana and so does Cary. The difference is they do it honestly. You should try it sometime.
Remember a couple of days ago when you laughed at wisdom because she didn't know "pirate" was a woman? You called her a "false prophet"? How can Pirate after this time not know I'm not a woman? It appears there's "false prophets" flying all around here on Topix. It's hard to take Pirate seriously when she asks a question and when I bother to actually answer it she says: I'm not going to read it?" Then she'll turn around and say that I never answered it. Pathetic, isn't it? I love you Sarah.:^)
PAGANISM CAUSES DEAD DINE

Oregon House, CA

#16265 Oct 2, 2012
http://www.census.gov/geo/www/mapGallery/imag...

If you think there's something else out there that kept you alive,

why are almost all the living ones around where the
MORMONS
had to do with establishment of the
early
white CIVILIZATION in the continental US?

By the time Alaska was made a state, the Protestants and Catholics

had stopped murdering all of them simply because they weren't in their churches.

We didn't do that.

Marysville, CA

#16266 Oct 2, 2012
Witness to Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fragmented, quarreling kind are responsible for two world wars.
You claim your churches led you to that?
No, she never claimed that at all. Neither world wars had anything to do with religion, except maybe political religions based on cult of personalities. Are you thick?
Your claims of loving your fellows are indeed, far less than steller. Yet nearly all of you are, as you freely confess when you're put into prisons, Christians.
Examples of what the heck you are talking about?
Certainly some of those are atheists trying to fit in; muslims trying to fit in, so they are offered mainstream opportunities, limited though they are.
You're drifting...
Nothing of your churches, from your world wars and constant strifes within each others' very homes -
your divorce levels through the roof -
And you blame churches that teach against divorce for that? You blame strife on churches that teach us to honor our parents, to love our children for that? Wouldn't it be more the blame of the Hollywood elite who set the standards? Who make adultery fashionable? Who make rebellion attractive? Who thumb their noses at morality?
lets the curious believe you have anything but a lot of murdered South American Indians, a lot of murdered North American Indians, a lot of murdered Africans after you enslaved them for 600 years -
"You"? No one alive today had anything to do with those atrocities, nor do I see any churches that defend them except maybe nutjobs like Westboro Baptist.
do you have anything to offer other than your constant claims of love and that it's okay, you're here from Jesus Christ?
I suspect if you did, you would bring it, and explain, using the advantages being one of your churches' members, conveys.
We do more than claim, we do. Christians in the U.S. give a far higher percentage of themselves and their income to those less fortunate then them than any other group in the World. That is a lot more then talk baby.

Marysville, CA

#16267 Oct 2, 2012
Father Overtime wrote:
Then you need to learn how to read better, because your comprehension skills are crap.

Marysville, CA

#16268 Oct 2, 2012
Father Overtime wrote:
Yet it is always the Mormons who are trying to convince everyone they are Christian and never the pother way around. I've never seen even one Baptist trying to convince anyone they are Mormon. How is the weather in La-La land tonite?

Marysville, CA

#16269 Oct 2, 2012
YEW DIDN RILLY SAY THAT wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK AROUND YOU.
DO YOU NOTICE THE ONLY PLACE THERE'S INDIANS
is WHERE THERE WERE MORMONS?
We KEPT them from KILLING YOU.
LOOK AROUND for SOME NORTH AMERICAN INDIANS THEY LEFT ALIVE.
It's part of the L.D.S. CHURCH to PROTECT and UPHOLD the INDIANS as the ORIGINAL OWNERS of this LAND; and to KEEP
the OTHER WHITE PEOPLE
from
KILLING ALL of YOU.
You're welcome.
The LDS church were the original owners of of the Black Hills of the Dakotas? Since when?

Also, didn't the LDS church blame the Indians for the Mountain Meadows Mass? And wasn't it Joseph Smith's plan for the white male members of the church to marry lot's of Indian women so they would have kid's that were "white and delightsome"(I can provide documentation) That's looking out for them.
HOMODANAPAGANISM S

Oregon House, CA

#16270 Oct 2, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember a couple of days ago when you laughed at wisdom because she didn't know "pirate" was a woman? You called her a "false prophet"? How can Pirate after this time not know I'm not a woman? It appears there's "false prophets" flying all around here on Topix. It's hard to take Pirate seriously when she asks a question and when I bother to actually answer it she says: I'm not going to read it?" Then she'll turn around and say that I never answered it. Pathetic, isn't it? I love you Sarah.:^)
YOU
HAVEN'T
TAKEN
SERIOUSLY
the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST

as SUPPLIED to you ALONG WITH A RADAR PROOF ELECTRONIC INTERNET and SPACE AGE
which the Lord TOLD would ACCOMPANY said Gospel.

You don't take seriously the God of Israel's MULTIPLE INJUNCTION against HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONS.

YOU don't take seriously the God of Israel's MULTIPLE INJUNCTION AGAINST BEASTIALITY.

YOU do NOT ADMIT GOD KNOWS MORE about BREEDING than YOU DO.

YOU are LISTED in SOME SITES as F.E.M.A.L.E. and SOME as M.A.L.E.

You think - what - MORMONS did THAT?
No, hick,
Y.O.U.
D.I.D.
T.H.A.T.

YOU did that.
Either that or the DEVIL DID.

Anyway,
YOU WERE TELLING US ALL HOW YOU EXPLAIN your CULTURE being so SEXUALLY DEGRADED that you have

FORTY SIX PERCENT DIVORCE.
FIFTY PERCENT of YOUR WOMEN RAPED or MOLESTED

FIFTY PERCENT of YOUR MEN ADMITTING ADULTERY

TELL us ALL ABOUT the
FIFTY PERCENT on HARD PHARMACEUTICALS rate
and
TWENTY PERCENT of YOUR YOUNG ADULTS having V.D. rate.

TELL us so we can all CONVERT to PAGANISM and INTRODUCE our SONS to the MEN who
HAVE YOUR CULTURE AT 30% of its MEN
MOLESTED or RAPED before they die.

50% molestation/rape?
30% molestation/rape?

THAT'S ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED to the AMERICAN INDIANS before you MURDERED
95% of them.

Your churches have got it GOING ON.

If WE are looking for VENEREAL DISEASE,
MOLESTATION,
RAPE,
DIVORCE
or SPIRITUAL POVERTY,

WE'LL be SURE to call.

TILL THEN, WE'LL go ahead and KEEP

our MORE EDUCATION
MORE ACHIEVEMENT
MORE MONEY
MORE NUCLEAR FAMILY STABILITY
MORE CHILDREN.

YOU keep the FIRST SET

WE'll KEEP the SECOND SET,

YOU go edit your sexual orientation listings around the internet.
HICK.
HOMODANAPAGANISM S

Oregon House, CA

#16271 Oct 2, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The LDS church were the original owners of of the Black Hills of the Dakotas? Since when?
Also, didn't the LDS church blame the Indians for the Mountain Meadows Mass? And wasn't it Joseph Smith's plan for the white male members of the church to marry lot's of Indian women so they would have kid's that were "white and delightsome"(I can provide documentation) That's looking out for them.
Being born into a white family is about the ONLY way they were ever going to get ahead, and the LORD TOLD US HELP THEM or YOU'D MURDER THEM ALL identifying them by their BROWN SKIN.

The Mormons who killed those people at Mountain Meadows didn't just BLAME them, they had the Indians HELP them.

When Brigham Young had control over the Utah Territory, Mormons from ALL OVER WITHIN that TERRITORY
migrated to OUTLYING AREAS to get JOBS.
AS INSTRUCTED by BRIGHAM YOUNG, they SOUGHT GOVERNMENT JOBS ALONG with FREE ENTERPRISE JOBS, with
ONE of THE GOALS being
STOPPING your CHURCHES from WIPING OUT ALL THE INDIANS,

*L.I.K.E. you did, E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. E.L.S.E. up to that TIME*

You've got the cultural anthropological capability of the bonobo ape herd you're going to lead in the next life.

You'll have all the sex between consenting adults you want, then.
Opinion

Jamestown, NY

#16272 Oct 2, 2012
This thread is an embarrassment to any religion as long as it continues to pacify this poster from "Nicolaus, CA " why haven't the moderators banned this thing yet?

I know this is topix, but there are standards even on topix. I've seen them ban isp's before, it can be done.

Until it is done; a banning, that is.
Every single one of you are wasting your time trying to make or convey any point here.

That is my opinion.
HOMODANAPAGANISM S

Oregon House, CA

#16273 Oct 2, 2012
Mormons and American Indians have the same problem.

YOUR CHURCHES WANT TO MURDER US
BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT to LIVE
like YOU DO.

Your churches murdered THEM for that REASON

Your churches murdered US for that REASON

and the only thing you've got to say is "I REALLY AM A MAN, I WAS JUST IMPERSONATING a WOMAN ON THE INTERNET!"

Pfft. You need to say something that doesn't wind up with you
being revealed
representing yourself
as something you're not.

HICK.

You ARE that.
You ARE
a HICK.

Marysville, CA

#16276 Oct 2, 2012
Opinion wrote:
This thread is an embarrassment to any religion as long as it continues to pacify this poster from "Nicolaus, CA " why haven't the moderators banned this thing yet?
I know this is topix, but there are standards even on topix. I've seen them ban isp's before, it can be done.
Until it is done; a banning, that is.
Every single one of you are wasting your time trying to make or convey any point here.
That is my opinion.
No disagreement, and a lot of Mormons will also agree with you. he/she/it is an embarrassment to the Mormons. Topix has just removed a ton of this pig's filth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 18 hr piratefighting 27,145
'50 Shades!: The Musical' returns to Sarasota (Nov '13) Wed citizen four 7
Cairns grieves for dead children Dec 23 Clint 13
confessions Dec 22 RM 1
Are Mormons Muslims? (Oct '10) Dec 19 edecker 4
5 ways other religions have made me a better Mo... Dec 19 Kill 2
I want a sda to tell me (Apr '12) Dec 18 mikey860 4
More from around the web