Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32093 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#21166 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Try reading:
1)**** "The Annals of the Cakchiquels Title of the Lords of Totonicapan"
2)**** "A short work on the Popol Vuh and the traditional history of the Ancient americans, by Ixt-Lil-Xochitl"
3)**** "Popol Vuh The Sacrad Book of the Ancient Quiche Maya"
4)**** "Shreds of Evidence for the Book of Mormon - The Nibley Series 1st and 2nd Nephi"
5)**** "Archaeology and the Book of Mormon"
6)**** "The Incredible Incas and their timeless land"
7)**** "Ancient America and the Book of Mormon"
8)**** SACRED SITES Searching for Book of Mormon Lands"
9)**** The Dead Sea Scrolls
10)*** THE Book of Mormon
---
All books that were proven to be BS.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21167 Mar 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The reference you gave was talking about taking Jesus's message o the Gentiles, not America.
Which reference are you talking about? I didn't mention 10:16

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#21168 Mar 5, 2013
GOOGLE JEWISH POLYGAMY wrote:
<quoted text>Dear? Are you looking for a date fag?

This isn't the cross-dressing tranny queen/50% admssion of adultery/50% divorced monogamist forum here, we're heterosexuals.

Your misplaced post, on another subject, proffered up as answer for the questions I have for you, isn't suitable.

Casting around for a phrase, then stupified past expression, grabbing the one JUST USED to characterize YOU, isn't a suitable answer.

You need to start explaining just who you are in terms that are going to get you some respect.
Lol I don't need to explain anything. I believe i've made my stance quite obvious. You are the one who has failed to disclose his personal beliefs. Not me. Also, I'm a woman. Though I wouldn't date you anyway, troglodyte.

Marysville, CA

#21169 Mar 5, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about John 10:16?
Yes.
GOOGLE JEWISH POLYGAMY

Live Oak, CA

#21170 Mar 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, please show us one place in the Old Testament God commands the Israelite nation to practice polygamy.

I'll wait.
-----

I SHOWED the readers you're a Satanic,

lying sociopath, LYING:

because you CAN.

You: LIE: and say: "The Lord never commanded polygamy."

Denying THIRTY FIVE HUNDRED YEARS' LEVIRATE MARRIAGE
commanded by

GOD

unto the ENTIRE NATION Israel.

----------

Adult men in Israel, under the law of Moses, were commanded to

marry, with some exceptions: civic/military/religious duty, etc.

Therefore the law commanding marriage to wife of a dead brother,

meant polygamy MUST occur:

as it did on a REGULAR basis, being a COMMANDMENT.

Elders were commanded: by GOD: to try to talk men into it: and punish a man who won't.

Deuteronomy 25:

"25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger:
her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

25:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.

25:7 And if the man like not to take his brother's wife,
then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say,
"My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother."

25:8 Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;

25:9 Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot,

***and spit in his face***,

and shall answer and say,

***"So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house."***

25:10 And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
==========

The LAW COMMANDS.

The law commands the Elders to TALK to MEN about why they won't obey

The law commands the punishment be ***THE WOMAN SPIT in HIS FACE***

***The law commands from THEN ON he be known as one who WOULDN'T OBEY

the COMMANDMENT***

Satanically possessed,

heterosexuality hating,

pathological liars, like Dana Robertson, who love that "little boy on lap action", and

will of course try yet to claim it isn't in the Bible.

As we see it clearly is.

=====

Pretending you believe I'm a woman

Pretending you believe I'm from your church

doesn't mean you

haven't been caught:lying pathologically, BECAUSE you CAN:

you ignorant Satanic hick.

Another round of LOLs with exclamation points don't mean

YOU'RE
not
CAUGHT.

You MAKE YOUR LIVING seeming SINCERE.

That's WHAT you DO.

http://tinyurl.com/DanaDoesItForMoney

Location hidden

#21171 Mar 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
When did I reference John 10:16?

Location hidden

#21172 Mar 5, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, I was not clear.
I am not questioning the authenticity of the Bible. What I am questioning is your method for verifying the word of God. I'll see if I can drive this home.

Look at it this way: If you lived in Christ's time would you have accepted him as the Son of God as did Peter and the Apostles? Or would you have said he had a devil and denied him as Annas and Caiaphas claimed? If you had lived in Corinth or Rome, would you have believed the gospel preached by Paul? Or would you put your trust in the traditions and forms of worship prevalent at that time? Would you have said, looking at the Christ, "Who is this man? Is this not Joseph's son? He is not mentioned by name in our scripture, he is only a carpenter. How can HE be the Son of the Almighty God?"

How would you have recognized the Messiah? Would you have looked for the name "Jesus" in the Old Testament Scriptures available and having not found it, rejected him who is Jesus the Christ?

The Bible has never prophesied by name the prophet who is to follow. Why would it start with Joseph Smith?

I am not questioning your commitment to Christ in this illustration. I am simply trying to show you that the Bible does not tell who the next prophet will be by name.
Nor does this go to prove that Joseph Smith is that prophet.
GOOGLE JEWISH POLYGAMY

Live Oak, CA

#21173 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I don't need to explain anything. I believe i've made my stance quite obvious. You are the one who has failed to disclose his personal beliefs. Not me. Also, I'm a woman. Though I wouldn't date you anyway, troglodyte.
The fact your culture gave you the vernacular of a hooker is noted.

You came here to attack the Mormons.

I said you're stupid and evil and your word's worth

what your religion is worth.

The Dark Ages,
two world wars,
600 years of enslavement of anything that even looked African,

and a set of social numbers

that make it look like you're from a Bangkok whorehouse.

***The very first prophet in the Book of Mormon***

noted that in a vision of THESE days: he saw "many whores," and was amazed at the number of them: and that these derived DIRECTLY from a "great Church, which sat upon many waters, the mother of many harlots."

YOUR REPLY is: "Look! another Subject!ANY Subject."

THAT is noted.

Marysville, CA

#21174 Mar 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, don't be doing a Dana dance on me okay?:)P
You said... "The Maya Indian who performed human sacrifices to their pagan god? That's who you base your religion upon? You defend THAT as being Biblical? Seriously?!"
I responded...
"You find that unusual? Basing one's religion on it's past? Christians base their religion on a people that were so wicked at one time they were all drowned in a flood. They made human sacrifices. They killed and murdered for self gain. Some took dozens to hundreds of wives to themselves. Than we have the leaders that denied Jesus as being the son of God or even knowing him to save their hides. And when he was imprisoned, what did the apostles do? They ran and hid for their lives! Not a single disciple went to prison with Jesus to suffer as he would suffer. They all turned cowards and ran with their tails between their legs to save their worthless souls. And than after he died and rose from the grave, the disciples refused to believe in the very resurrection he schooled them about for several years! Will you defend that as Biblical? I wouldn't."
Now you have to defend the Bible's stance as I revealed it in comparison as you stated Mormons to Mayan's.
No one dances like you can.

Marysville, CA

#21175 Mar 5, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I reference John 10:16?
Couple of days back it was used. It may have been someone else.

Location hidden

#21176 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to know how you would know.

Location hidden

#21177 Mar 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple of days back it was used. It may have been someone else.
Oh, ok. Thanks!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21178 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I have to defend? I don't think so. You can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God using the scientific method. No proof needed. That's just fact. Feel free to dance alone.
You made a statement and I challenged it. If you wish not to reply I understand why, as it's easier to make a statement than to defend it when questioned :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21181 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no adequate proof to prove any one now or in the past is a prophet. And when you don't believe in prophets and you ask to be proven someone was a prophet, that an absolute contradiction in process by the doubter.

Location hidden

#21182 Mar 5, 2013
This is just a general observation about the direction this forum is taking:

I really don't think name calling contributes at all to the discussion. Yes, I have done this as well in the discussion of belief. But I'm talking to everyone. If you think some one is dumb, don't just tell them they are dumb or blind, try to educate and enlighten them and share your view of the gospel. Calling some one dumb only hardens their heart to the knowledge you are trying to share with them. If you think some one's statement doesn't prove anything, explain why. If you think the gospel of Jesus Christ has so much more to offer, tell us about it and what else you think the gospel encompasses.

If you are here to show that Mormons are Christians or prove they are not, try thinking about what Christ would say to the comments you are responding to here.

Personally, I think its great there are so many passionate Christians here trying to save the Mormons and help them see a different view of Christianity. That is one reason why I am here. I want to see what other Christian churches and belief systems have to offer. I also want to help other Christians realize that it is possible to be a believer in Christ and a Mormon.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#21183 Mar 5, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No one dances like you can.
Coming from a dancer of words and statements as your self, I guess that's a compliment eh?:)P

Location hidden

#21184 Mar 5, 2013
GOOGLE JEWISH POLYGAMY wrote:
<quoted text>The fact your culture gave you the vernacular of a hooker is noted.

You came here to attack the Mormons.

I said you're stupid and evil and your word's worth

what your religion is worth.

The Dark Ages,
two world wars,
600 years of enslavement of anything that even looked African,

and a set of social numbers

that make it look like you're from a Bangkok whorehouse.

***The very first prophet in the Book of Mormon***

noted that in a vision of THESE days: he saw "many whores," and was amazed at the number of them: and that these derived DIRECTLY from a "great Church, which sat upon many waters, the mother of many harlots."

YOUR REPLY is: "Look! another Subject!ANY Subject."

THAT is noted.
Lol Hooker? Where did hooker come from? WTH are you even here for? You know nothing of my motives or anything else pertaining to the subject of me for that matter.

Marysville, CA

#21185 Mar 5, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
This is just a general observation about the direction this forum is taking:
I really don't think name calling contributes at all to the discussion. Yes, I have done this as well in the discussion of belief. But I'm talking to everyone. If you think some one is dumb, don't just tell them they are dumb or blind, try to educate and enlighten them and share your view of the gospel. Calling some one dumb only hardens their heart to the knowledge you are trying to share with them. If you think some one's statement doesn't prove anything, explain why. If you think the gospel of Jesus Christ has so much more to offer, tell us about it and what else you think the gospel encompasses.
If you are here to show that Mormons are Christians or prove they are not, try thinking about what Christ would say to the comments you are responding to here.
Personally, I think its great there are so many passionate Christians here trying to save the Mormons and help them see a different view of Christianity. That is one reason why I am here. I want to see what other Christian churches and belief systems have to offer. I also want to help other Christians realize that it is possible to be a believer in Christ and a Mormon.
Some people have problems being civil. I treat them like they act.

Location hidden

#21186 Mar 5, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>I just want to know how you would know.
Simple. God didn't say as much.

Location hidden

#21187 Mar 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>You made a statement and I challenged it. If you wish not to reply I understand why, as it's easier to make a statement than to defend it when questioned :)
Yet you ovoid mine like the plague. What does that say about you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Groups ask Trump administration to investigate ... Mar 18 Newt G s Next Rel... 1
News '50 Shades!: The Musical' returns to Sarasota (Nov '13) Mar 14 ZIONISM 666 16
News Departing Visalia hospital CEO looks at nearly ... Mar 12 Sue 2
News Choosing to Stay in the Mormon Church Despite I... (Aug '16) Mar 1 Rabbeen Al Jihad 438
News Opposing sides in Mormon rift unite for survey ... Feb 28 Christian Fumblem... 12
News Annual Testicle Festival (Jun '06) Feb '17 Phart Divinely 58
News Your morning jolt: Mormonism is more like Islam... (Oct '11) Feb '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 118
More from around the web