Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Read more: The Brussels Journal 216,541

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#168520 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Because it’s referring to a figure that Jews recognized as divine. Here’s what the Jewish prophet Daniel wrote (7:13-14):

In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Here’s the point: The “Son of Man” in Daniel’s vision is rightful heir to the divine throne. According to the prophecy, He’ll rule forever. Nations will worship Him and His kingdom will be unstoppable.
Jesus claimed to be the Divine Messiah
YOU GUYS FOOLISHLY QUOTE DANIEL!

That son of man was brought to the Ancient of Days. So, Jesus was not the Ancient of days.

Please tell this to the ignorant fool, who wrote that article.

I am the Son of Man, you are the Son of Man and every man is the Son of man. Son of man, simply means MAN!

In the verse that you quoted, it is written "son of man". Writing it as Son of Man does not make it any special.

Son of Man has not been patented for Jesus.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#168521 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the Roman archives to show that Pontius Pilate had crucified a man by the name Jesus.
Jesus was loyal and faithful to the Romans. He was a taxpayer and he never raised his voice against the Romans.
You can't trust the History given by the Church. Her history was produced in the 5th Century.
The "Roman archives"???
Bwahhahhahhahhah!!!
You get stupider every day.
The archives of imperial Rome were destroyed in the 6th century along with the western empire.
And why do keep repeating the lie that Christianity was was invented in the 5th century when you have been shown the proof that the books of the new testament go back to the 1st century?
Your lies make you look cowardly and stupid.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168522 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the Roman archives to show that Pontius Pilate had crucified a man by the name Jesus.
Jesus was loyal and faithful to the Romans. He was a taxpayer and he never raised his voice against the Romans.
You can't trust the History given by the Church. Her history was produced in the 5th Century.
You full of lies.
I posted the evidence month ago.
The first physical evidence relating to Pilate was discovered in 1961, when a block of limestone, the Pilate Stone, was found in the Roman theatre at Caesarea Maritima, the capital of the province of Judaea (Iudaea). Bearing a damaged dedication by Pilate of a Tiberieum,[14] the dedication states that he was [...]ECTVS IUDA[...](usually read as praefectus Iudaeae), that is, prefect of Judaea. The early governors of Judaea were of prefect rank, the later were of procurator rank, beginning with Cuspius Fadus in AD 44. The inscription was discovered by a group led by Antonio Frova and has been dated to AD 26–37. The inscription is currently housed in the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, while a replica stands at Caesarea

All the evidence is there in history.

Location hidden

#168523 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We know. That is why the charge against Jesus was trumped by the Jews.

Location hidden

#168524 Mar 19, 2013
A Muslims journey to Jesus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168525 Mar 20, 2013
The real translation of Daniel
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt3407.htm

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, there came with the clouds of heaven one like unto a son of man, and he came even to the Ancient of days, and he was brought near before Him.

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.{P

-----
the term "son of man" notice - no caps - is "enos atah chave" literally "man of life"

Its Aramaic, by the way

Location hidden

#168526 Mar 20, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is there slaughtering in the name of Christianity going on? Notice the present tense?
If you look back to my original post, I used the past tense - I was referring to the Crusades.

Location hidden

#168527 Mar 20, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseshit.
Christian civilisation is way less bloodthirsty than either its predecessor or others in the world today.
Sure, ignore the Crusades....

and the Inquisition....

and there were more than a Christians who supported the Nazis, including the Vatican (and the last pope)
John

Australia

#168528 Mar 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, there came with the clouds of heaven one like unto a son of man, and he came even to the Ancient of days, and he was brought near before Him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.{P
-----
the term "son of man" notice - no caps - is "enos atah chave" literally "man of life"
Its Aramaic, by the way
Quibbling.
John

Australia

#168529 Mar 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and the Inquisition....
and there were more than a Christians who supported the Nazis, including the Vatican (and the last pope)
Crusades - a good counter offensive against islam.
The Inquisition - a good purge of muztards from spain.
The Nazis - Hitler was a muztard admiring fascist who was overthrown by Christian armies.
No problem here.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168530 Mar 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look back to my original post, I used the past tense - I was referring to the Crusades.
So: Where is there slaughtering in the name of Christianity going on?

Also: Where is there slaughtering in the name of allah going on?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168531 Mar 20, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It stopped only in the late 19th Century after a period of many centuries.
However in the 20th Century, the Christians started two wars, known as WWII and killed millions of their own co-religionists.
During those wars, the Holy Spirit ran away from the world.
As were the crusades, WWII was a defensive war against a barbaric aggressor. islam has always been the aggressor in Islamic wars. Muslims stole the land from the native people and enslaved or killed them if they did not convert of islam.

Location hidden

#168532 Mar 20, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Crusades - a good counter offensive against islam.
The Inquisition - a good purge of muztards from spain.
The Nazis - Hitler was a muztard admiring fascist who was overthrown by Christian armies.
No problem here.
As a Jew, I find that revisionist view of history offensive.

And the armies that overthrew Hitler were no more "Christian" than Hitler himself.

Location hidden

#168533 Mar 20, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Quibbling.
so then you must agree that the term is son not "Son" and that it is a literary figure of speech, not a theology??

Location hidden

#168534 Mar 20, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So: Where is there slaughtering in the name of Christianity going on?
For the second time - Straw argument

But if I was going to make that argument in the present tense (which I havent until now) I would probably direct you to countries like India and Lebanon where everyone hates everyone else.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168535 Mar 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and the Inquisition....
rabbee: do you have a perverted ulterior motive, about the way G-D is telling this whole story to happen? just why did G-D, command it all to happen this way? maybe jews* are not as pretty of a picture, as they self paint of themselves.

they whine, complain, and moan, over what is also their own fault for disbelief of G-D, here and now in TheTorah. and the whole rest of the world, must be doing something wrong also, to be getting this much hell from G-D. as the jews* remain silent about it, without G-D.
Pervez Musharraf

Hurricane, WV

#168536 Mar 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
-----
Its Aramaic, by the way
Who is this "man of life" and how will he be known by mere mortals?

Location hidden

#168537 Mar 20, 2013
Pervez Musharraf wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this "man of life" and how will he be known by mere mortals?
good question.

Is it one donkey or two?

All I know from that passage strictly speaking is that he is not Son. Personally, I never put a lot of stock in messianic prophecies. I live in the here and now. If it happens, great.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168538 Mar 20, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible was written with the reprobate in mind:
Yes, it was written for moronic reprobates like you!!!
GSM!!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168539 Mar 20, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

As a Jew, I find that revisionist view of history offensive.
The Canaanites and the Egyptians would find the Jews offensive for the mass-slaughter of their people at the hands of the evil Hebrew patriarchs.

Right, Dr Fanatic?

I asked you to be fair and unbiased, didn't I?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holocaust day 1 hr diegop 1
News A Rabbi Remembers His Relationship With Michael... 6 hr JinaWild 122
Prophecy that Dartmouth, Nova Scotia will be pe... 8 hr CodyDartmouth 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 hr Concerned 71,938
News Should we blame religions for violence? Thu God worships Israel 24
I need your help god please help me Thu Ahmed 1
Yeshua Messiah of Israel and only pre-existent ... Apr 13 Ham 3
More from around the web