Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 225573 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#168249 Mar 18, 2013
Just a note:

When I wanted to submit the above neat and clean post, I saw the following swift prompt:

"Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator."

bmz

Singapore

#168250 Mar 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jews are perfect human beings just like Muslims that never did anything wrong, or ever harmed anyone, is that right Frijoles?
That is right, Shamma.

bmz

Singapore

#168251 Mar 18, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
No group is blameless.
But...stealing the books of Jews, changing them around to create a mythical mangod as an insult to the G-d of Jews and then accuse them of having killed "their G-d in the form of a man"!!
This is the worst form of hypocrisy.
Thanks for a short but an excellent post.

I can't think of anything worse than that.

bmz

Singapore

#168252 Mar 18, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these poor mangod worshippers desperate?

Xtian..Priests are becoming Muslims because they can't keep telling lies to the world.

RCC is in tatters...and PANIC has "gripped" the mangod worshippers...

IF ONLY......they bothered to LISTEN to Jesus Pbuh, WHO NEVER CLAIMED HE WAS GOD/SON OF GOD ....OR NEVER TOLD THEM TO WORSHIP HIM!!!.......if only...if only...

JESUS WORSHIPPED GOD...JESUS NEVER CLAIMED DIVINITY...

SIMPLE HOME TRUTHS COULD HAVE SAVED THESE DELUDED FOLKS...
Yes to all.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168253 Mar 18, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The leaders of God's Catholic Church are infallible in matters of faith and morals. This does not mean they are impeccable. The Catechism of the Catholic Church was given us by God through His Church, point out where she teaches these atrocities committed by some of her members are in accordance with her teachings. The atrocities committed by muslims can be found in their koran.
Please rest assured that neither myself, my ancestors (who were forced out of Spain in 1492), nor my landsman care from whence the impetus came. If the leaders of the church are infallible in matters of morals, their morals have proven to be severely lacking over time.

Now as far as teachings are concerned, you are truly aware that there exist at least 2 NT references to conversion. e.g., Matthew 16:15; Acts 2:38,41 There are no NT references on how.

We see encyclicals throughout your history exhorting "punishments" for not converting. Council of Basil 1431-1435

The ECUMENICAL COUNCIL OF FLORENCE (1438-1445) approved of punishing those who did not convert and supported the taking of property of those who refused to convert.

etc etc

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168254 Mar 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes to all.
Any Catholic priest that leaves the Catholic Church and converts to Islam was not worthy of being a priest in the first place.

Those that do convert to Islam more likely are pedophiles.
Good riddance to them.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168255 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Start now, "Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?"
And they were not Jews before the giving of the law either. They were Hebrews. They were Israelites (as I said in my first post). They came from many many tribes.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168256 Mar 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-74
oops. It seems like someone has reverted to former admitted failures.

bmz

Singapore

#168257 Mar 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Any Catholic priest that leaves the Catholic Church and converts to Islam was not worthy of being a priest in the first place.
Those that do convert to Islam more likely are pedophiles.
Good riddance to them.
Ouch!

Why do you stoop so low? You force me to run down the biblical Jesus and all your apostles.

Actually, brother Jesus never appointed any one a priest. Priests were appointed by Rome.

Your sin is forgiven. Don't do that again.!

Location hidden

#168258 Mar 18, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You can dish it out but you cant take it.
Face it. Your church is full of pedophiles and all you do about it is blame Muslims. Weak.
Gay Pedophiles are Satan's attack on Gods Church.
And God is cleaning them out the Church.
Islam is pure evil.
And God will deal them.

Eric

Chicago, IL

#168259 Mar 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Gay Pedophiles are Satan's attack on Gods Church.
Islam is pure evil.
And God will deal them.
What about the Straight Pedophiles?

bmz

Singapore

#168260 Mar 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Even Christianity is the result of Satan's attack on God's religion, which Jesus the Jew, practiced and followed faithfully till his last breath.

Location hidden

#168261 Mar 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch!
Why do you stoop so low? You force me to run down the biblical Jesus and all your apostles.
Actually, brother Jesus never appointed any one a priest. Priests were appointed by Rome.
Your sin is forgiven. Don't do that again.!
Islam is pure evil.
It was founded by a liar, rapist, robber, and Murderer.

bmz

Singapore

#168262 Mar 18, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is pure evil.
It was founded by a liar, rapist, robber, and Murderer.
Your 2nd sin is also forgiven.

bmz

Singapore

#168263 Mar 18, 2013
@ Shamma

Just as Sin entered the world through the 1st Adam, it returned with the
so-called 2nd Adam or the Last Adam. He found it, brought back and released it.

Location hidden

#168264 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Shamma
Just as Sin entered the world through the 1st Adam, it returned with the
so-called 2nd Adam or the Last Adam. He found it, brought back and released it.

Proverbs 29:27 The righteous detest the dishonest; the wicked detest the upright.
----------
Isaiah 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: "Your own people who hate you, and exclude you because of my name, have said,'Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy!' Yet they will be put to shame.
----------
Matthew 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
----------
Matthew 24:9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
----------
John 7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil.
----------
John 16:1 "All this I have told you so that you will not fall away.
----------
John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168266 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Islam is pure evil.
And God will deal them.
Who said anything about homosexuality?

Are hetero-pedophiles ok in your book?

Location hidden

#168267 Mar 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Straight Pedophiles?
oops - I should of read the rest of the posts

Location hidden

#168268 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you find what they did in the teachings of the Catholic Church? The cover ups were the failures of human beings and not the Catholic Church. We are all called to be new creations in Christ, but sadly very few live up to this calling.
More media attention is given to the relatively few cases of cover ups, given the number of priests, then is given to the abuses islam imposes on women: rapes, FGM, acid thrown in the faces of school girls, women being stoned to death, women stoned for being raped. How about the homosexuals being hung, Christian churches being burnt, Christians be killed, tortured and imprisoned in islamic countries. Why are these atrocities not covered by the News media?
Relatively few cases of cover ups?

uhhhhhhh...."few"???

I could give a rats ask about what the teachings are. Its about the actual behavior.

Location hidden

#168269 Mar 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, I ask the following--
Will YOU be keeping Passover?
What is Passover?
Google is a lovely tool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
codex sinaiticus - 1,600 yrs bible doesn't ment... (Feb '12) 15 hr MAAT 4,871
purpose of prayer Thu kowalskil 1
ARCHEOLOGISTs AGREE: MOSES NEVER EXISTED--See t... (Jan '12) Thu rabbee yehoshooah... 125
News Hamblin & Peterson: Who and what are the Yezidis? Jun 28 Ravenclaw 1
News Scary rhetoric emerges from secularist/Islam/Ch... Jun 22 The_Prophet_Lied 37
prophecy for ALL Jun 19 andrzej 1
News What about the Magna Torah? Jun 17 MAAT 1
More from around the web