Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252863 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#166187 Mar 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It's lying, And God hates liars.
So, why does the Church still love God, knowing well that God hates liars?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166188 Mar 6, 2013
Jesus Fulfilled the Prophet Malachi's awesome Prophecy of the Tzit-Tzit

"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings," Malachi 4:2

According to Jewish sages and tradition, this Sun of Righteousness referred to in Malachi's prophecy was understood to be the Messiah, who would have the power to heal who ever touched the tzit-tzit (fringes) on his garment.

tallit with tzit-tzit
Picture of a Tallit with tzit-tzit at the bottom; such as Yeshua/Jesus would have worn

In Jesus' day, Jewish men wore a simple tunic both at home and at work. When appearing in public, they would cover their tunic with a large rectangular cloth which draped over the shoulder and fell to the ankles. This cloth was called a tallit and served as protection from cold and rain. Hanging from the end of each of its four corners (wings) was a tzitzit in obedience to the biblical command. The hem of this garment is actually made with fringes, or tassels (called tzitziyot, in Hebrew). These were required to be on the four corners of all clothing of Jewish men, in accordance with God's instruction. These tassels were to remind each Jewish man of his responsibility to fulfill God's commandments in Deuteronomy 22 :12 and Num.15:37-40. In fact, these tassels are tied into 613 knots to constantly remind Jewish men of the 613 laws of Moses, of which there are 365 prohibitions (The "thou shalt not" laws), and 248 affirmations (the "thou shall" laws). The knots also correspond with the ineffable name of God, the unspoken yod-hey-vav-hey, Yahweh.

The fulfillment of this prophecy by Jesus:
One of the best known miracles of healing that Jesus performed was the occasion when a woman who had suffered from a hemorrhage for twelve years came up behind him and touched the hem of his garment. Both Matthew and Mark tell us about this incident below. Mark further tells us, that wherever the Lord went whomever merely touched the border of his garment "were made whole".

Matthew 9:20-22
20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

She was expressing her faith in Jesus as the Son of Righteousness with healing in His wings.

Mark 5:25-34
And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Mark 6:56-
And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole.

Location hidden

#166189 Mar 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
The Church has her own Department that specializes in covering the absurdities of Church.
Throughout Genesis, it is all "God said,'........" and the Hebrew word Elohim can be seen throughout the Hebrew texts.
That was God addressing the angels.
And the ignorant fools of the Church think that God was talking to Jesus and the Ghost.
If I tell a group of children, "Let us play soccer!", I still am the only speaker. But in Christian English, it means I am more than one.
The illiterate and ignorant fools of the distant past bought that silly argument without a question.
It is really funny to see educated fools accept that absurd plurality? We must keep in mind that the Church fathers never sat in the company of the scholarly and the wise.
Now Shamma, the Shaman, will talk to children in this manner:
"Let I play soccer!", if he wanted to play a game with kids.
You reduced God to be one of His own creations "WE"

Muslims cannot think with their brain.

Location hidden

#166190 Mar 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why does the Church still love God, knowing well that God hates liars?
Because the Church and God are one.
Both detest the lies of man.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166191 Mar 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It's lying, And God hates liars.
These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren (Prov. 6:16-19).
You are trying to wiggle out of it.
But Jewish scripture won't let you.
Lying is cause for being dismissed from the benefits of being a Jew
So, It don't matter if Maimonides lied as a Muslim or Jew to save lives of Jews and himself.
If you are born a Jew you must live as a Jew and die as a Jew to receive the benefits of being a Jew.
Not all rabbi agreed with Maimonides on his point of view.
He lied and violated
Thats not bearing false witness. Go back and understand the commandments.
bmz

Singapore

#166192 Mar 7, 2013
Taqaiyyah is actually a time-honoured tradition of the Church and Christianity.

The man, who pioneered Taqaiyyah was Paul of Tarsus, who was the taqaiyyah master tactician.

The best example, that I have elaborated in favour of Paul the Taqaiyyah Master Tactician, is:

"With the Jews, I became a Jew. With the Greek, I became a Greek. With the Romans, I became a Roman. With the pagans, I became a pagan. With the Godless, I became a Godless. With the Lawless, I became lawless. I did that all to win converts for my Cult."

By the way, Jesus became a victim of the Father's Taqaiyyah. lol!
bmz

Singapore

#166193 Mar 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Because the Church and God are one.
So, by the Christian definition, the Church is the Father. Right? Thus, there are many Christian fathers inside the Father. The Father becomes a collective noun. Agree?
bmz

Singapore

#166194 Mar 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus Fulfilled the Prophet Malachi's awesome Prophecy of the Tzit-Tzit
"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings," Malachi 4:2
May I know how did the Church Mill come up with Malachi 4? Why were 3 books expanded in to 4?

Was it to show Jesus in there?

The most important verses in there are:

"Keep in remembrance the teaching of Moses, My servant - the laws and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel.

Lo, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord,
24. that he may turn the heart of the fathers back through the children, and the heart of the children back through their fathers-lest I come and smite the earth with utter destruction."

Was Jesus, Elijah?
bmz

Singapore

#166195 Mar 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
There is no one equal to God.
Is Jesus equal to God then?
bmz

Singapore

#166196 Mar 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are an Muslim idiot.
I am free to make the right choice to serve God.
You have chosen to serve Satan, by not accepting Gods choice to free you from Satan's lies.
You remain in your state of fallen nature to sin.
Your fallen nature is called original sin, and you remain in your fallen nature filled with dirty sinful filth.
There is no such thing as Original Sin or the First Sin. That is a belief of self-loathing sinners.

On what occasion, did Jesus give a lecture on the Original Sin?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166197 Mar 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Jesus equal to God then?
Jesus is God!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166198 Mar 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
Taqaiyyah is actually a time-honoured tradition of the Church and Christianity.
The man, who pioneered Taqaiyyah was Paul of Tarsus, who was the taqaiyyah master tactician.
The best example, that I have elaborated in favour of Paul the Taqaiyyah Master Tactician, is:
"With the Jews, I became a Jew. With the Greek, I became a Greek. With the Romans, I became a Roman. With the pagans, I became a pagan. With the Godless, I became a Godless. With the Lawless, I became lawless. I did that all to win converts for my Cult."
By the way, Jesus became a victim of the Father's Taqaiyyah. lol!
You claim St Paul invented the Trinity to appeal to the Roman pagans. I think you are projecting here, because you know mohammad tried appealing to the arab pagans by telling them to pray to allah's three goddess daugthers.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166199 Mar 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, by the Christian definition, the Church is the Father. Right? Thus, there are many Christian fathers inside the Father. The Father becomes a collective noun. Agree?
Supply a link to the definition of a scriptural language. I've been waiting days now for you to supply one. Greek is a good scriptual language.
uhuh

Abrera, Spain

#166200 Mar 7, 2013
Frank Incense wrote:
hmm.. God (He) is one of three and the three are one.
This is supposed to make sense?
What in the hell is an "associate," theologically speaking, anyway?
hmm all you like
some believe that in the beginning, YHWH said to his co-equal co-eternal co-workers, Jesus and The Ghost,
"Let US make human in OUR image. What say ye?"
uhuh

Abrera, Spain

#166201 Mar 7, 2013
associating a human and a ghost as co-equal and co-eternal to YHWH
is called "shituf" in judaism, "shirk" in islam
uhuh

Abrera, Spain

#166202 Mar 7, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Some say that it is probable Maimonides feigned a conversion to Islam before escaping southern Spain.
Maimonides practiced prudent dissimulation, by dressing and behaving like a Muslim publicly, perhaps occasionally presenting himself at a mosque, while remaining an observant Jew during the darkest period of Almohad persecution in Morocco.
that happened back in Spain and Morocco
when Dr. Maimonides settled in Cairo and worked in the court of Saladin, he became the leader of the jewish community there; everybody knew he was a jew

Location hidden

#166203 Mar 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as Original Sin or the First Sin. That is a belief of self-loathing sinners.
On what occasion, did Jesus give a lecture on the Original Sin?
Yes, Jesus gave a lecture on original sin.

John 8:42-46
New International Version (NIV)
42 Jesus said to them,“If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?

Jesus is telling them you are descendants of Adam and Eve who accepted Satan as their father by believing Satan instead of God.

When they ate the forbidden fruit they became children of Satan.
They no longer had the spirit of God in them.
The accepted the spirit of Satan as their father.

Just like you BMZ, you are a child of Satan.

You have not been re-born of water and the Spirit.

Location hidden

#166204 Mar 7, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm all you like
some believe that in the beginning, YHWH said to his co-equal co-eternal co-workers, Jesus and The Ghost,
"Let US make human in OUR image. What say ye?"
You are a dumb Muslim.

42 Jesus said to them,“If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?

Jesus is telling them you are descendants of Adam and Eve who accepted Satan as their father by believing Satan instead of God.
The accepted the spirit of Satan as their father.
Just like "uhuh", you are a child of Satan.

They accepted the spirit of Satan as their father.

Just like you "uhuh", you are a child of Satan.
You have not been re-born of water and the Spirit.

Jesus was not born, and had no original sin.
Jesus is the Son of God born of Father before all ages.

Muhammad is a child of Satan.
Muhammad was never baptized re-born with water and the Spirit of God.

Muhammad is a liar like his father Satan.

Location hidden

#166205 Mar 7, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
that happened back in Spain and Morocco
when Dr. Maimonides settled in Cairo and worked in the court of Saladin, he became the leader of the jewish community there; everybody knew he was a jew
It don't matter when it happened.
Maimonides became an apostate Jew.
uhuh

Abrera, Spain

#166206 Mar 7, 2013
Maimonides on "The Lord is our God, the Lord is one", writing in Judaeo-Arabic,

"Those with sick souls (al-mardi al-anfus) tend to arrive at the opposite conclusion. Christians use this verse to prove that Allah, who is Y"Y (short for YHWH) eloheinu, is one of three, and that the three are one. Far be Him from what the ignorants (yajhalun) say."
-Maqalah fi Tehiyyat ha-Metim

lol he is so right, christians have a sick soul and are stupid, yet they still want to complicate a simple doctrine as "God is one" by trying to show plurality in one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Metaphors in the Torah: Chayei Sarah Part 2 4 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 1
News Drag queens raise holy hell in Jerusalem's only... Sun Reggie 7
Quraan Jun 24 Muslim 1
police your own Jun 21 Shabbes Goy 2
Jews outraged over Auschwitz video game. LOL. Jun 21 Shabbes Goy 1
muslim community must police their own Jun 19 bernhard rosenberg 1
bible pagan god yahweh's babylonian pagan origin (Jun '08) Jun 13 gra1985 359
More from around the web