Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,577

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162242 Feb 7, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
The whole end days revolves around Islam and the restoration of their Caliphate (Beast Empire). The muslims and Iranian president are declaring the coming of the Islamic Messiah, called Imam Madhi. The Iranian president even preached this an the UN. Islam has its own version of the Beast, who they even call "the beast from the earth" and they claim that he is the good guy who will mark the foreheads of all true muslims.
My free book for you:
www.sharepdfbooks.com/HANMQ56EZYWI/The_Islami...
John MacArthur Sermon
www.youtube.com/watch...
Joel Richardson's website for more books and dvds
www.joelstrumpet.com
Its Supernatural - Joel Richardson interview:
www.sidroth.org/site/News2...
Armageddon News - Mark of the beast Revealed
www.youtube.com/watch...
Finally the Mark of the beast has been revealed as the Mark of the coming Islamic Caliphate. Please don't take the Mark or bow to the Image of the Islamic Empire.
Read Gods Warning:
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name." (Revelation 14:9-11).
rabbee: then you need to read, Revelation and Parashas Bereesheees again. that all on earth are decieved for a finite period of time even adam and his mate. so it is not necessarily they, who are all decieved but the you all also. as you all need to truly evaluate, where in the hell you truly are here in TheLivingScripture.

for we are not all here thrice again, on our own accord. but truly by, the accord of G-D. if you all think, you are all here. by the command of your same again parents. then you are, all mistaken. about who Commanded, all the exact same people here again. with everyone and everything, in the exact same place as twice before. and every baby that was born pysically before has been precisely physically born again.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162246 Feb 7, 2013
JOEL wrote:
It'd have made no difference to the world at large had Jesus not been born. No great shakes about his teachings, deeds or personality. His mission was a colossal failure.
Keep telling yourself that and you might begin to believe it.

What has mohammad accomplished? Nothing, but destruction and misery; even to this day.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#162248 Feb 7, 2013
Paul VW pg 7626
When i mention the names of various bibles and translations as written and composed by your catholic church, yuo ask ME, what i'm talking about!
---- Look up bible criticism

The second post:
The roman catholic encyclopedia.
can also be googled
So reed that post again, and wiki might be helpfull in looking up certain concepts, but apperently 'catechism'(maybe this spelling, yup that's it.)
So i tried to point the way to concepts that most roman catholics are familiar with.

Which usually makes discussion easier and more interesting.
----
The salvation notion came later...now it is there...that is the point we are making.
it was not so from the beginning.
But you allready admitted that.
But reading the text some people still say that there is no salvation in the text!
Only by the church!
---
MAAT wrote:
HB you are bound to get the context wrong...where is the context f.i.:)
Hit the mark or miss the mark. Easy to remember.
No duality as in good v. evil.
Peoples character are not defined by it.
You must strife to do better at hitting the mark.
Though Edomites did get on their nerves.
Paul VW wrote: I wish your posts made sense.

Ah they do if you have written the same thing hundreds of times to the same poster.

But the concepts of folkbelieve 'evil' that HB is on about, is not part of the universal set of believes.(see Frijoles post)
Judaism does not beive in branding people.
But every year you start over and make the firm commitment to 'hit the mark'(from the greek translation, but it is a nice image)'loser".
But you loose your temper and you are 'on course to miss the mark'.
But absolute EVIL and absolute GOOD find no place in the philosophy. And most certainly not as characters. Or branding who someone is.
Though we would have 'the simple folk' that would have their stories. Nothing wrong with that, we all like a good story.
Satan (to use the english form) opposer but mainly those that speak evil behind your back with the intent to cause malice. Anathema: giving false evidence, can be compared to that.

So judais is not that lugubrious dark religion people made it in christinaity.
---
Only the 16th century as persecutor? We and history disagree. it's an interesting history how europe got (gekerstend) christianized.
Slavs got their name from being enslaved farmers (kozaks) taken in the 10th century and forced to convert, and fight for Vienna. Muslims did the same. Well we had that little tif in former Yugoslavia. ;P It's a long and shady history.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162249 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
They wanted to stone Him for saying He was God.
John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
rabbee: well they could not stone Him, could they? so they were wrong, as usual. all THEY Both claimed to be, is G-D'S Son Benee Adam. cause they are not the ones, telling this same again story to happen. now are, any of you? and just which two again, gets to tell this story for the final day? with G-D taking, the day off again? well it is the same two, as about two thousand years ago, just again in TheHappening.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#162251 Feb 7, 2013
A friends daughter became catholic, or will be.
Learning the catechism.

"Are you sure?" i asked the mom.
.. child rape, WWII rat line, crusades, procecutions, witchhunts, exorc.. etc.etc.etc..
"But she WANTED it...!"

Spoiled bratt.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162253 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Just nonsense.
You even said the I was not a priest. Now prove to me you know more than me.
You have to respond quoting chapter and verse instead of escaping.

Come on Paul don't let the Church down!

You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!

Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)

I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!(PROVE TO US!)

Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.

The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.

Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books.

Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.

Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you? WHAT GIVES YOPU MORE RIGHT THEN HEBREW ISHMAEL?LOL..

Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162254 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Catholic Church never was a fundamentalist church. It was not until the 16th century that martin luther took it upon himself to elevate the bible to a place it never was meant to be by God. martin luther made the bible into a god; much like the muslims make the koran.
The Catholic Church has the correct understanding of the Holy Bible and its place in salvation history. Read the prologues and foot notes in any approved Holy Bible and you will see the Catholic Church is not afraid of the truth in knowing how the Holy Bible came about.
God never approved your catholic church!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162255 Feb 7, 2013
JOEL wrote:
It'd have made no difference to the world at large had Jesus not been born. No great shakes about his teachings, deeds or personality. His mission was a colossal failure.
rabbee: hey just because you are a failure, in this second coming of Adam. does not mean i am, the failure that you thrice actually are aaagain. and all the same again people are not here, because your parents said so. you are all the exact same people here thrice again, because G-D said it so. to the third or fourth so visitations. so don't push your antiG-D, not luck too far.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162258 Feb 7, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!(PROVE TO US!)
Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books.
Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.
Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you? WHAT GIVES YOPU MORE RIGHT THEN HEBREW ISHMAEL?LOL..
Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
As soon as youre backed into the corner you pull out your ace: "Oh, that verse is corrupt."

There are no scholars who say there are two different Jesus' as you claim there are; making your arguments foolhardy and nonsense to the intellectual.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162259 Feb 7, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
God never approved your catholic church!
God only approves of His Catholic Church; founded on the rock of St Peter; who was given the Keys of authority in the Kingdom of God.
Alex123 aka WM

Chatteris, UK

#162260 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as youre backed into the corner you pull out your ace: "Oh, that verse is corrupt."
There are no scholars who say there are two different Jesus' as you claim there are; making your arguments foolhardy and nonsense to the intellectual.
Come on please Paul. Try your best. You do know that "john" was made up by a bunch of naive folks who made many errors tryingt to promote a flesh god word of mangod.
Please PROVE to US where Jesus claims he was God.
You know you can't.
Therefore, you are lying.
TRY AGAIN...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162261 Feb 7, 2013
That is not the real Alex, it's george whyte the indian. I came online only now. Please don't feed the troll.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162262 Feb 7, 2013
MAAT wrote:
HB you are bound to get the context wrong...where is the context f.i.:)
Hit the mark or miss the mark. Easy to remember.
No duality as in good v. evil.
Peoples character are not defined by it.
You must strife to do better at hitting the mark.
Though Edomites did get on their nerves.
Maat---HB you are bound to get the context wrong...where is the context f.i.:)

HughBe--- My dear Maat, your strong affection for me has blinded you to the fact that I am not a Judahite or member of Judaism. So, your secret code "f.i" is appropriate for Frijoles but not me.

Maat---Hit the mark or miss the mark. Easy to remember.

HughBe--- I'll always hit the spot where you are concerned.

Why? Practice. Frijoles, Eric, Former et.al. will always miss the mark? why? it is not their habit but they will NOT miss Mark.

Maat---You must strife to do better at hitting the mark

HughBe--- There is no need for me to STRIVE to do it, it is my habit or custom.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162263 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with your example. Could you provide me a reference so I know what you are referring to?
Frijoles--The midrash (agudah)(stories) have reference to evil spirits as well. But that is not theology. The theologic (i.e. halachic)texts do not have this concept..

HughBe---I have read where the high priest burnt incense in the most holy place to quell EVIL spirits among other things. The word may not have been QUELL but that is the essence of what I read based on memory.

Frijoles--I am not familiar with your example.

HughBe--- Please share the example that you are familiar with.

Frijoles---Could you provide me a reference so I know what you are referring to?

HughBe--- I read it on the Temple Institute site. Prior to your request I began my search for the exact page but I did not find it perhaps because I stopped too soon but it is there. Check a day in the Holy Temple or a year in the Holy Temple.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162264 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God only approves of His Catholic Church; founded on the rock of St Peter; who was given the Keys of authority in the Kingdom of God.
rabbee: i do not believe that G-D, approves of pedafile priests. when this indicates, something wrong with the church.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162265 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Its all interpretation.
The difference is that Halacha, as law is application, while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as fiction, and not meant for application as law. Midrash is a different textual genre, and therefore has different uses, none of them to derive normative, universalistically accepted theology or canon.
Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.

HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law.

Frijoles---Its all INTERPRETATION.

Frijoles---The difference is that Halacha, as law is application,

HughBe--- The application that you speak of, is it legally binding? If so, what is meant by legally binding?

Frijoles-- while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION, and not meant for application as law.

HughBe--- YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.

Finally, your stories were meant for you to feel good and not to be transformative.

Excellent.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162266 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion - doesnt add anything to this conversation
HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#162267 Feb 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.
HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law.
Frijoles---Its all INTERPRETATION.
Frijoles---The difference is that Halacha, as law is application,
HughBe--- The application that you speak of, is it legally binding? If so, what is meant by legally binding?
Frijoles-- while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION, and not meant for application as law.
HughBe--- YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.
Finally, your stories were meant for you to feel good and not to be transformative.
Excellent.
I was pretty darn clear

You are truely an idiot

go play without someone else

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#162268 Feb 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.
You are not worthy of conversing with

see you later
george whyte

Chatteris, UK

#162269 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Peter was a liar and a coward. He did not go to Rome.
Paul is lying.
St Peter in Rome is a statue of a pagan character.
Satan cannot have key to heaven.
Christ called him Satan.
Peter was got rid of by Paul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Judaism a religion only? (Feb '14) 38 min Deja 21
Liberals are tough on Israel and Christianity: ... 1 hr Faith-Healer 86
Fierce Critic of Islam Honored at Israel's Open... 11 hr Yumpin Yimminy 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr L Morales 71,257
A Hanukkah custom that started in Philadelphia Dec 21 Democracy 14
There is a Jewish response to Michael Brown and... Dec 19 yehoshooah adam 1
More women come forward against Georgetown rabbi Dec 19 fedupwiththemess 1
More from around the web