Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#149711 Sep 23, 2012
Qur'an 2:40 "O Children of Israel, remember the favors I bestowed on you. So keep My Covenant so that I fulfil your covenant. Fear Me. And believe in what I sent down, confirming and verifying the Scripture which you possess already."

Bethlehem, PA

#149712 Sep 23, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>BT42 is asking a wonderful question, and it is noted that when you cannot answer, skeptic, you resort to name-calling.
He called him self an ex-Christian.
And for an ex--Christian he has know knowledge of God.
He is an Muslim in training, and he got ars kicked.
I blew him away on my other post and he was unable to understand what I posted to him as an ex-christian.

Or, He even could be a student in your group of Students.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#149713 Sep 23, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
How many miracle working strangers and aliens were plying their trades in Moses' time, aiming to deceive "the people"?
Fair question. Plenty. Pharaoh and his magicians. If Moses found it relevant to mention, it was a valid concern. He also warned them repeatedly against following the gods of the nations that surround them.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#149714 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong thread crusader.
Thank you MUQ. Who died and proclaimed you thread monitor?
Alex123 aka WM

UK

#149715 Sep 23, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Allah/Jibreel/Mohammad had some very kind things to say about Jews:
Qur'an 4:44 "Have you not considered those to whom a portion of the Book has been given? They traffic in error and desire that you should go astray. But Allah has full knowledge of your enemies. Of the Jews there are those who displace words from their (right) places, saying,'We hear and we disobey' with a twist of their tongues they slander Faith.... Allah has cursed them for disbelief."
Qur'an 4:47 "O you People of the Book to whom the Scripture has been given, believe in what We have (now) revealed, confirming and verifying what was possessed by you, before We destroy your faces beyond all recognition, turning you on your backs, and curse you as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers, for the decision of Allah Must be executed."
Qur'an 5:59 "Say:'People of the Book! Do you disapprove of us for no other reason than that we believe in Allah, and the revelation that has come to us and that which came before?' Say:'Shall I point out to you something much worse than this by the treatment it received from Allah? Those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom He transformed into apes and swine."
Qur'an 33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."
Qur'an 98:1 "Those among the People of the Book, who disbelieve and are idolaters, would never have been freed from their false religion if the Clear Proofs had not come to them. An Apostle of Allah came reading out of hallowed pages.... They were commanded to serve Allah exclusively, fulfilling their devotional obligations, and paying the zakat. Surely the unbelievers and idolaters from the People of the Book will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures."
Qur'an 4:55 "Sufficient for the Jew is the Flaming Fire!"
hello ignorant redundant old carpenter buffy!
- There isn't a lot of doubt about Muhammed, Gabriel and Allah/God but not many people believe that there ever was or is a holy ghost or even god the "father" for that matter!
- About Jews, have you read the OT lately and checked out what GOD has been doing to Jews?
Leviticus 24:15
"Also tell the Israelites: Those who treat their God with contempt will be punished for their sin.

1 Chronicles 21
5. And Joab gave the sum of the numbering of the people to David. In all Israel there were 1,100,000 men who DREW the SWORD, and in JUDAH 470,000 who DREW the SWORD.
6 But he did not include Levi and Benjamin in the numbering, for the king’s command was abhorrent to Joab.

7 But GOD WAS DIPLEASED with this thing, and HE STRUCK ISRAEL.
..the Lord,‘Choose what you will:
12 either three years of famine, or three months of devastation by your foes while the sword of your enemies overtakes you, or else three days of the SWORD OF THE LORD, pestilence on the land, with the ANGEL OF THE LORD DESTROYING throughout all the territory of ISRAEL.’ Now decide what answer I shall return to him who sent me.”

14 So the LORD SENT a PESTILENCE on ISRAEL, and 70,000 MEN of ISRAEL DIED.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#149716 Sep 23, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning from here, bmz. As you know, bmz, I do not believe that God is a trinity, and I do not believe that the groundwork for a Trinity is laid out in the Bible. HOWEVER, that being said, I have read the account in the Qu'ran about the impregnation of Mary, and also do not see that any man ever touched her when she received the life of Jesus. Aside from the fact that it was a "miracle," if God Himself did not cause the pregnancy, then who did? Can we start there? Was there any other woman on earth who conceived without having a male sperm introduced into her womb? I'm not saying that Mary needed a male sperm in her womb in order to bring forth a baby by miracle, but wouldn't you say that this was a unique, and I mean once-ever never to be repeated, occurrence?
Good day to you, NQ.

Yes, you are right. Trinity has no place in the bible and has no support from Jesus and his disciples at all.

It was created for the Roman Empire. That was the sole purpose. After the Roman Empire had collapsed that lie was carried forward by the Church.

I am glad you do not believe in it.

Mary was a unique lady, chosen over all the women of the world. No woman in history, gave birth to a child, like she did. God showed a miracle. It was God, who granted her a child and that is all there is to it.

Indeed, God caused that pregnancy by command but that does not mean God made her pregnant himself or through a 'holy' accomplice. ;)

God gave very old and barren Barren Mama Sarah a child but Pappy had to work.

God gave very old and barren Barren Mrs. Zechariah a child but Zechariah had to work.
Zulu Golf

South Africa

#149717 Sep 23, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Troll,
This is the "Who is Allah?" thread in the Islam Forum.
IOW, you're spewing your bile in the wrong place.
Never thought of it that the Bible can be spewed.

Lol

Crazy f_cknut you.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#149718 Sep 23, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>that is also especially if their prophecies and warnings did not come true. Some prophets told the nation of Israel that there was peace, when there was no peace. The king did not really want to hear the denunciations Jeremiah was leveling against the nation, warning them, and he put him in a cistern to punish him. Hananiah was written as a prophet, but a false one, and Jeremiah confronted him. You can read about it in Jeremiah chapter 29, when they were speaking about Babylon and captivity.
Yup, just like election politics - people hear what they want to hear. Obama proclaimed that the war on terror was over because HE got OSB. I would classify Obama as a failed prophet - but 47% won't listen anyway.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149719 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Well yeah.. this is news to you? Congressmen get lifetime pensions for their few or many years of disservice to the country. If they opted out of social security for a better deal, why shouldn't the average citizen coming up through the system get the same choices? Let socsec phase itself out naturally as people move off of it. Older people will remain on until they die, younger people who have started paying into it will receive benefits according to how long they've paid in, and switch to other plans if they choose. Eventually it will go away - it never should've started,,but it was a Democrat (FDR) worked in 1935 (election year) to enroll the population in what is basically an insurance (ponzi) scheme.
Johnson (Democrat) started looting the TRUST fund to finance the Vietnam War, and in 2016, unless the law changes, the money is supposed to start being paid back. Highly unlikely, so socsec is doomed regardless unless younger people are phased out into other personally determined options. Older people have paid into it all their working life, so it is NOT an entitlement.
Term limits, no lifetime pensions, and get rid of centralized departments that overstep the rights of states.
You got it right.
Every one forgets or are just plain ignorant that John unlocked the social security lock box and placed the funds in the general funds, and borrowed billions from it.
That was his guns and butter plan for America.
SeasideSoon

Hoschton, GA

#149720 Sep 23, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder the Jews rejected Mohammad as a false prophet.
Exactly. and wow, you are getting more bad emoticons than the total number of people that frequent this thread - way to go!
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149721 Sep 23, 2012
Correction-Johnson

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#149722 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
Former head of A.M.A. says Obamacare does more to harm MediCare and bankrupt Social Security. Voucher system would be better - it's same as what Congress gets. Vouchers to choose from variety and combination of plans. He wishes Obama wouldn't make false statements about it.
Congress knew Socsec was going bankrupt a long time ago and got themselves a better deal by going to vouchers.
I would equal vouchers to printing money.
Thus a stop-gap solution instead of a constructive change.

Location hidden

#149723 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, just like election politics - people hear what they want to hear. Obama proclaimed that the war on terror was over because HE got OSB. I would classify Obama as a failed prophet - but 47% won't listen anyway.
You can not have a war on terror.
How to explain that. It's a contradiction in terms.
Ones terrorists are another ones free-dom fighters.
No matter what the cause, war simply means terror.
Alex123 aka WM

UK

#149724 Sep 23, 2012
Buford wrote:
Bukhari:V1B1N6 "Just issue orders to kill every Jew in the country."
hey moron...
Have you read the OT lately?

2 Kings 17 Hoshea Last King of Israel

1 In the twelfth year of Ahaz king of Judah, Hoshea son of Elah became KING of ISRAEL in Samaria, and he reigned nine years.
2 He did EVIL IN THE EYES OF THE LORD......

7 All this took place because the ISRAELITES HAD SINNED AGAINST THE LORD THEIR GOD.......... They worshiped other gods
8 and followed the practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before them, as well as the PRACTICES THAT THE KINGS OF ISRAEL HAD INTRODUCED(!)
9 The ISRAELITES SECRETELY DID THINGS AGAINST THE LORD THEIR GOD that were not right...

10 They set up sacred stones (REMEMBER NAKED PAGAN?) and Asherah poles (REMEMBER CROSSES?) on every high hill and under every spreading tree.
11 At every high place they burned incense.... They did wicked things that PROVOKED THE LORD TO ANGER.
12 They worshiped idols (REMEMBER NAKED PAGANS), though the Lord had said,“You shall not do this.”

13 The LORD WARNED ISRAEL AND JUDAH through all his prophets and seers:“Turn from your evil ways. Observe my commands and decrees, in accordance with the entire Law that I commanded your fathers to obey and that I delivered to you through my servants the prophets.”

14 But THEY WOULD NOT LISTEN and were as stiff-necked as their fathers, WHO DID NOT TRUST IN THE LORD THEIR GOD.
15 They REJECTED his DECREES and the covenant he had made with their fathers and the warnings he had given them. They followed worthless idols(NAKED PAGANS?) and themselves became worthless. They imitated the nations around them although the Lord had ordered them,“Do not do as they do,” and they did the things the Lord had forbidden them to do.

16 They forsook all the commands of the Lord their God and made for themselves two idols cast in the shape of calves (MODERN DAY NAKED PAGAN), and an Asherah pole (CROSS). They bowed down to all the starry hosts, and they worshiped Baal (ANOTHER NAME OF NAKED PAGAN!).
17 They sacrificed their sons and daughters in the fire. They practiced divination and sorcery and sold themselves to do EVIL IN THE EYES OF THE LORD, PROVOKING HIM TO ANGER.

18 So the LORD WAS VERY ANGRY WITH ISRAEL and REMOVED THEM FROM HIS PRESENCE. Only the tribe of Judah was left,

19 and EVEN JUDAH DID NOT KEEP THE COMMANDS of the Lord their God. They followed the practices Israel had introduced.

20 Therefore the LORD REJECTED ALL the people of ISRAEL; HE AFFLICTED THEM AND GAVE THEM INTO THE HANDS OF PLUNDERERS, until he thrust them from his presence.

21 When he tore Israel away from the house of David, they made Jeroboam son of Nebat their king. JEROBOAM ENTICED Israel AWAY FROM following the LORD and caused them to COMMIT A GREAT SIN.

22 The ISRAELITES PERSISTED in ALL THE SINS of Jeroboam and did not turn away from them

23 until the LORD REMOVED THEM FROM HIS PRESENCE, as he had warned through all his servants the prophets.

SO ON AND SO FORTH....

BLAME GOD...ALLAH? OK BUFORD...GOOD GAME!
Zulu Golf

South Africa

#149725 Sep 23, 2012
Anyone on this Godforsaken thread with some grey between the ears to react on this please:

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified, but that He ascended into heaven without dying (Surah 4:157-158). This is contrary to both Christian and secular texts that were written during the time of Christ. Both the Christian and the secular texts state that Jesus died on a cross.

Muslims believe that Jesus was one of Allah's prophets (Surah 4:163). They also believe that Jesus was a righteous man (Surah 6:85). If Jesus was a prophet of Allah and a righteous person, then His words and teachings must be true. Jesus said that He was God (John 5:18; John 10:33), that He was the same being as God the Father (John 10:30), and that He was the son of God (Luke 22:70). However, the Koran says that Jesus was only a messenger of God, not God Himself, that He was not the son of God, and that He was not the same being as God the Father (Surah 4:171).

Therefore the teachings of the Koran and the teachings of Jesus contradict each other. If the Koran is true, then Jesus was a liar. How can Muslims believe that Jesus was one of Allah's prophets and a righteous person if He lied and contradicted the Koran?

Rotflmao.
Alex123 aka WM

UK

#149726 Sep 23, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. and wow, you are getting more bad emoticons than the total number of people that frequent this thread - way to go!
They reject Jesus their own man as false prophet and they rejected even moses.
That is life!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#149727 Sep 23, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>He is a Muslim in training.
And He is Ignorant of facts and the history of the Church.
The give away is he called him self an ex-Christian.
If you are an ex-christian you would have some knowledge of the Bible and he has none.
He is young pure Muslim.
Please show me a post where I called myself an ex-christian.
I will say this only one more time.
I am neither a Muslim nor a Christian...I am not associated with any religion, however, neither am I atheist. I have been "labeled" Pagan by hateful fundamentalists, and am satisfied with that title...So mote it be.

I will be glad to participate in "court" as witness and try my best to provide viable evidence for argument, or try to note that it is my opinion, so long as the proceedings are civil and ruly. If the argument regresses to less than civil, or defamation and name calling, I will abstain from comment or reply to that individual, as there is nothing positive to be gained by either side of the discussion.
bmz

Location hidden

#149728 Sep 23, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>He is a Muslim in training.
And He is Ignorant of facts and the history of the Church.
The give away is he called him self an ex-Christian.
If you are an ex-christian you would have some knowledge of the Bible and he has none.
He is young pure Muslim.
BT 42 is an ex-Christian and an American.

I am neither a Christian nor an ex-Christian but I believe in all humility that my knowledge of your Bible surpasses the knowledge of all polemic Christians combined.

In fact, you are an ignorant Christian, who neither knows the Christian scripture nor the Church's dark history.

When will you start writing here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

Folks on this thread will love to see you help your sister 'knowledge'.
bmz

Location hidden

#149729 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Please show me a post where I called myself an ex-christian.

I will say this only one more time.

I am neither a Muslim nor a Christian...I am not associated with any religion, however, neither am I atheist. I have been "labeled" Pagan by hateful fundamentalists, and am satisfied with that title...So mote it be.

I will be glad to participate in "court" as witness and try my best to provide viable evidence for argument, or try to note that it is my opinion, so long as the proceedings are civil and ruly. If the argument regresses to less than civil, or defamation and name calling, I will abstain from comment or reply to that individual, as there is nothing positive to be gained by either side of the discussion.
BT 42,

My apologies for calling you an ex-Christian.

Any poster, who writes well and sounds coherent, is considered a Muslim by Skeptic. That is his habit.

Location hidden

#149730 Sep 23, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hello ignorant redundant old carpenter buffy!
- There isn't a lot of doubt about Muhammed, Gabriel and Allah/God but not many people believe that there ever was or is a holy ghost or even god the "father" for that matter!
- About Jews, have you read the OT lately and checked out what GOD has been doing to Jews?
Leviticus 24:15
"Also tell the Israelites: Those who treat their God with contempt will be punished for their sin.
1 Chronicles 21
5. And Joab gave the sum of the numbering of the people to David. In all Israel there were 1,100,000 men who DREW the SWORD, and in JUDAH 470,000 who DREW the SWORD.
6 But he did not include Levi and Benjamin in the numbering, for the king’s command was abhorrent to Joab.
7 But GOD WAS DIPLEASED with this thing, and HE STRUCK ISRAEL.
..the Lord,‘Choose what you will:
12 either three years of famine, or three months of devastation by your foes while the sword of your enemies overtakes you, or else three days of the SWORD OF THE LORD, pestilence on the land, with the ANGEL OF THE LORD DESTROYING throughout all the territory of ISRAEL.’ Now decide what answer I shall return to him who sent me.”
14 So the LORD SENT a PESTILENCE on ISRAEL, and 70,000 MEN of ISRAEL DIED.
How come you are not capable of differentiating between attributed cause and the usual friday prayers iterated hate-speech.
it's the same stupidity as seeing muslims all over the world now burning Israeli flags.
The did not make the movie, nor were they the neo-nazis that showed cartoons i a demonstation nor are any Charlie Hebdo's editors.
I conclude that to be your kind of muslim means having irrational hate for people you never met and attribution of all wrongs to them.

Islam has been nothing but emperialism from the start.
The same can be said for christianity.
And no, the hebrew book does not offer a rationale for that.
Your silly translations and interpretations do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Making Superman Jewish Again 3 hr ISRAELI TROLL FARM 1
News Hebrew artwork: For Birthright teens - and form... 3 hr adelson info wars 1
News Only 6% of Washington's booming Jewish communit... 3 hr zionist media cabal 1
News Rabbi Shmuley Boteach (Aug '10) 3 hr zionist media cabal 13
Is being Jewish a race or religion? 8 hr Red Cypress 8
News Why Michele Bachmann's push to convert Jews is ... (Dec '15) Feb 2 Whoshgow 28
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 1 doG mnaDed lyHo r... 72,047
More from around the web