Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 215,380

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#149645 Sep 23, 2012
Qadir mengal wrote:
CHARITY AND MUSLIMS COURAGE
Who Tessi Text.
Having read the koran from cover to cover, having studied Islamic history, having read many holy texts from many different religions, having studied it all out in my mind and pondered and prayed to God for guidance, i am convinced that, admittedly and undoubtedly, Islam gives a lot of information but it does not offer opportunities for eternal growth and ultimate peace in this life or the next. it binds ppl down to their lowest levels of worship, if you can call it that. it appeals to their petty tyrannical and basest instincts, and does not foster true growth, magnanimity, charity, and self sacrifice. i will give you the benefit that the teachings are in there to bring about the opposite, but the structure or framework of Islam is such that those bigger concepts are not emphasized as much as the menial ones/peace.
Who- Mengal.
Tessi
I wonder to observe your comments/All the three characteristics for which you have blame the Muslims are part of their Faith, And Islamic history is full of these kind of examples, First I quote here some basic teachings of Islam on these points and than I ask you which of the books of history or religion you have studied that could not give you the real picture. While whole of the Quran is full of such rhythm to help needy, poor, indignant and orphans.
Quran-Sura-cv11 -=1-Seest thou one
Who denies the judgment
(to come).
Then such as the (man)
Who repulses the orphan
(With harshness)
3-And encourages not
The feeding of the indigent.
Sura1v=verse-10-Those who unjustly
Eat up the property
Of orphans, eat up
A fire in to their own
Bodies; they will soon
Be enduring a blazing fire
Sura-11-verse-195=And spend of your substance
In the cause of Allah
And make not your own hands
Contribute to your destruction;
But do good;
For Allah loveth those
Who do good.
While the traditions or Hadith of prophet (saw) shows that a Muslim is not Muslim who himself eat full stomach and his neighbor sleep hungry.
1-He who is not Muslim who with full stomach sleeps and his neighbors sleeps hungry near to him.
2- Muslim is he who, like any thing good for himself he must like it for his other human brother. If he dislikes it for him he must also dislike it to his other brother.
3- Courage is part of faith in Islam.
Dear brother, I urge you NOT to post long "unrelated" items,(even if they are full of gems!) as they use up many pages thus taking away the issues at hand being discussed.
If you wish to discuss your own pet topic please open a separate thread.
Meanwhile..why dont' you try addressing the posts by replying to people like skeptic and others?
Thank you.
Salaams
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#149646 Sep 23, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Mohammed is the last prophet for Muslims.
But God appointed His Son Jesus Christ the last prophet of all the peoples of the world.
Thank you skeptic!
You always claim that Jesus Christ is your "god"!!
Now you claim that...Your "god" appointed himself as "his own son" and "the last prophet" right?
Is you god short of people or does he want a lot of attention or is he into self promotion?
Do you wish to get more comical than that?
Please feel free skeptic!
Even you know that you are talking UTTER rubbish.
LOL....
Jesus is NOT God and Jesus will NEVER be God.
If you worship him as god you are maikng him SIN!
Stop worshipping a man.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#149647 Sep 23, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If Paul had not gone West (Rome, Greece & Turkey), there would have been no Christianity at all.
I really wish he went to China!
Then their mangod would have looked "oriental"!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#149648 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aah, hahahah!
I was laugh'n so hard, I could hardly hear the lines! LOL!
Glad you liked it BT42!..lol..
It could have been as simple as that because their man was an escape artist according to NT.
I am not inventing anything new.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149649 Sep 23, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you skeptic!
You always claim that Jesus Christ is your "god"!!
Now you claim that...Your "god" appointed himself as "his own son" and "the last prophet" right?
Is you god short of people or does he want a lot of attention or is he into self promotion?
Do you wish to get more comical than that?
Please feel free skeptic!
Even you know that you are talking UTTER rubbish.
LOL....
Jesus is NOT God and Jesus will NEVER be God.
If you worship him as god you are maikng him SIN!
Stop worshipping a man.
God the Father Of Jesus Christ appointed His Son Jesus Christ the last prophet of all the peoples of the world.
Jesus is the Spirit Son of God the Father being equal to His Father God.
You Muslims are ignorant of the teaching of Gods Holy Bible.
The Koran is a total contradiction of Gods Holy Bible.
Common sense will tell you Alex, That God would never send an angel to Mohammed to contradict His Holy Bible.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#149650 Sep 23, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 26:12-18
New International Version (NIV)
12 “On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13 About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic,[a]‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
15 “Then I asked,‘Who are you, Lord?’
“‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
Over the ensuing centuries, Constantine's New Testimonies were
expanded upon, "interpolations" were added and other writings
included (Catholic Encyclopedia, Farley ed., vol. vi, pp. 135-137;
also, Pecci ed., vol. ii, pp. 121-122). For example, in 397 John
"golden-mouthed" Chrysostom restructured the writings of
Apollonius of Tyana, a first-century wandering sage, and made
them part of the New Testimonies (Secrets of the Christian Fathers,
op. cit.). The Latinised name for Apollonius is Paulus (A LatinEnglish Dictionary, J. T. White and J. E. Riddle, Ginn & H e a t h ,
Boston, 1880), and the Church today calls those writings the
Epistles of Paul. Apollonius's personal attendant, Damis, an
Assyrian scribe, is Demis in the New Testament (2 Tim. 4:10).
The Church hierarchy knows the truth about the origin of its
Epistles, for Cardinal Bembo (d. 1547), secretary to Pope Leo X (d.
1521), advised his associate, Cardinal Sadoleto, to disregard them,
saying "put away these trifles, for such absurdities do not become a
man of dignity; they were introduced on the scene later by a sly
voice from heaven" (Cardinal Bembo: His Letters and Comments
on Pope Leo X, A. L. Collins, London, 1842 reprint).
The Church admits that the Epistles of Paul are forgeries, saying,
"Even the genuine Epistles were greatly interpolated to lend weight
to the personal views of their authors" (Catholic Encyclopedia,
Farley ed., vol. vii, p. 645). Likewise, St Jerome (d. 420) declared
that the Acts of the Apostles, the fifth book of the New Testament,
was also "falsely written" ("The Letters of Jerome", Library of the
F a t h e r s, Oxford Movement, 1833–45, vol. v, p. 445).http://www.nexusmagazine. com/index.php?gid=70&optio n=com_docman&task=doc_view

Location hidden

#149651 Sep 23, 2012
Xcaliber wrote:
(continued from above)
However, even dismissing Ignatius’s letter, there are other evidences that the early Church leaders viewed Mary’s conception as miraculous. However, the issue here is whether the Quran was first to mention the “Virgin Birth” in Surah 3:47. The short answer is clearly, No. The Apostles Creed written in about A.D. 390 makes a direct statement about the Virgin Birth”, which states in pertinent part:
<quoted text>
Obviously, the Apostles Creed makes two convincing statements showing that the Church introduced the Virgin Birth dogma, namely, Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit and she was still a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus. Thus, the Apostles Creed makes it clear that Christians believed then as we do know that Jesus’s birth was miraculous and thus Joseph, the carpenter, had nothing to do with Mary’s pregnancy.
Furthermore, I don’t know of any Muslim scholar who has or would dare claim that the “Virgin Birth” is a Muslim concept since it’s clear that there is convincing evidence showing that Christianity was first to impart this claim in that Jesus’s birth was miraculous and Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit instead of Joseph. Any Muslim scholar that would claim such a thing would no doubt be laughed at and other Muslim scholars, if they wanted to continue to be viewed as scholars, would quickly repudiate such a clearly illegitimate thought.
There ya have it.

Cathaholic propaganda.

Case dismissed.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#149653 Sep 23, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>God the Father Of Jesus Christ appointed His Son Jesus Christ the last prophet of all the peoples of the world.
Jesus is the Spirit Son of God the Father being equal to His Father God.
You Muslims are ignorant of the teaching of Gods Holy Bible.
The Koran is a total contradiction of Gods Holy Bible.
Common sense will tell you Alex, That God would never send an angel to Mohammed to contradict His Holy Bible.
Common sense will NEVER allow you to worship a man (man is not a woman...and what distinguishes a man from from? organs!).
Your "mantra" will not work just because you repeat it!
According to your twisted logic..you claim that your "god" appointed "himself" as his "own son" and "last prophet" to get killed on the cross!
your hole filled books are written by ancient men men who never had a proper wash even!
Muslims are HUMBLE and they have common sense to accept that God sent an angel to give us the message instead coming as a naked man to die on a cross!
What on earth do you meanby...
"Jesus is the Spirit Son of God the Father being equal to His Father God".
When you CLAIM that Jesus = God.

Let me put this to you in your terms....
"God(Jesus) is the Spirit Son of God(Jesus) the Father being equal to His Father God(Jesus)".

Here is one take....
God is the Spirit Son of Jesus the Father being equal to His Father Jesus.!!!!!!!!!

How comical!

Location hidden

#149654 Sep 23, 2012
Xcaliber wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, as a Muslim you were trying to create Muslim talking points.
You have fun with your fantasy.

Do you know where the father of your religion was born?

I guess I should first ask if you even know who the father of your religion is.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149655 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Over the ensuing centuries, Constantine's New Testimonies were
expanded upon, "interpolations" were added and other writings
included (Catholic Encyclopedia, Farley ed., vol. vi, pp. 135-137;
also, Pecci ed., vol. ii, pp. 121-122). For example, in 397 John
"golden-mouthed" Chrysostom restructured the writings of
Apollonius of Tyana, a first-century wandering sage, and made
them part of the New Testimonies (Secrets of the Christian Fathers,
op. cit.). The Latinised name for Apollonius is Paulus (A LatinEnglish Dictionary, J. T. White and J. E. Riddle, Ginn & H e a t h ,
Boston, 1880), and the Church today calls those writings the
Epistles of Paul. Apollonius's personal attendant, Damis, an
Assyrian scribe, is Demis in the New Testament (2 Tim. 4:10).
The Church hierarchy knows the truth about the origin of its
Epistles, for Cardinal Bembo (d. 1547), secretary to Pope Leo X (d.
1521), advised his associate, Cardinal Sadoleto, to disregard them,
saying "put away these trifles, for such absurdities do not become a
man of dignity; they were introduced on the scene later by a sly
voice from heaven" (Cardinal Bembo: His Letters and Comments
on Pope Leo X, A. L. Collins, London, 1842 reprint).
The Church admits that the Epistles of Paul are forgeries, saying,
"Even the genuine Epistles were greatly interpolated to lend weight
to the personal views of their authors" (Catholic Encyclopedia,
Farley ed., vol. vii, p. 645). Likewise, St Jerome (d. 420) declared
that the Acts of the Apostles, the fifth book of the New Testament,
was also "falsely written" ("The Letters of Jerome", Library of the
F a t h e r s, Oxford Movement, 1833–45, vol. v, p. 445).http://www.nexusmagazine. com/index.php?gid=70&optio n=com_docman&task=doc_view
You are stupid as the Muslims you want to be.
The whole religion of Christianity and its belief were already in practice for over 300 hundred years with the same beliefs before Constantine.
The Orthodox Catholic Church began in the year 33 and has not changed it beliefs.
You Muslims are stupid as hell.
The Orthodox Church was founded on the Day of Holy Pentecost in Jerusalem in 33 AD, fifty days after the Holy Resurrection of Jesus Christ our true God. It has preserved the original teachings of Jesus Christ and His Apostles form that time until the present. The first major Bishops of the Church (known as Patriarchs) have remained Orthodox up to the present. They are the Patriarchs of Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, and Constantinople. Later onwards other Patriarchs also began to develop within the Orthodox Church: Russia, Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Albanian.

Location hidden

#149656 Sep 23, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ and BT42...great stuff!
May be I missed previous posts but it clearly confirms what BT42 was saying...
"Third Council of Constantinople:
117 years after the Second Council of Constantinople, the Emperor Constantine IV decided it was time to call another General Council, especially in light of the growing threat of Islamism. In agreement with Pope Saint Agatho, the Council was convened with again over 200 bishops.!!!!!!!
With so many Councils and still no sign of a UNITED COHESIVE HONEST Holy ghost surely we can allow a "Council of skeptic"...... to address issues raised by the Catholic Priests who apparently are full of the Holy Ghost:
http://en.ria.ru/world/20120923/176174014.htm...
Church admits 600 child abuses (but real figure is likely to be 10,000! Thank you holy ghost!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19683925
http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/10.1093...
The RCC is(and has been for dome time now)been on a mission to amalgamate "all" christian sects under (1) umbrella. I can't remember the designation at the moment, but I am sure it can be found on line.
Talk about desperate moves. They are going broke, and are loosing subjugates to televangelism at a high rate.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149657 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>You have fun with your fantasy.
Do you know where the father of your religion was born?
I guess I should first ask if you even know who the father of your religion is.
Jesus Christ is the founder of Christianity.
The founder of Christianity was not born into this world.
Jesus Christ is the Spirit Son of God, equal to God the Father in essence and of the same substance of the Father.
You Muslims don't much about God, that is for sure.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149658 Sep 23, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense will NEVER allow you to worship a man (man is not a woman...and what distinguishes a man from from? organs!).
Your "mantra" will not work just because you repeat it!
According to your twisted logic..you claim that your "god" appointed "himself" as his "own son" and "last prophet" to get killed on the cross!
your hole filled books are written by ancient men men who never had a proper wash even!
Muslims are HUMBLE and they have common sense to accept that God sent an angel to give us the message instead coming as a naked man to die on a cross!
What on earth do you meanby...
"Jesus is the Spirit Son of God the Father being equal to His Father God".
When you CLAIM that Jesus = God.
Let me put this to you in your terms....
"God(Jesus) is the Spirit Son of God(Jesus) the Father being equal to His Father God(Jesus)".
Here is one take....
God is the Spirit Son of Jesus the Father being equal to His Father Jesus.!!!!!!!!!
How comical!
Same old stupid rhetoric Alex.
LMAO! You don't know nothing about God Alex.
Shame on you Alex, Look at your age and you still are ignorant about God.
That is shameful.

Location hidden

#149659 Sep 23, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>You are stupid as the Muslims you want to be.
The whole religion of Christianity and its belief were already in practice for over 300 hundred years with the same beliefs before Constantine.
The Orthodox Catholic Church began in the year 33 and has not changed it beliefs.
You Muslims are stupid as hell.
The Orthodox Church was founded on the Day of Holy Pentecost in Jerusalem in 33 AD, fifty days after the Holy Resurrection of Jesus Christ our true God. It has preserved the original teachings of Jesus Christ and His Apostles form that time until the present. The first major Bishops of the Church (known as Patriarchs) have remained Orthodox up to the present. They are the Patriarchs of Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, and Constantinople. Later onwards other Patriarchs also began to develop within the Orthodox Church: Russia, Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Albanian.
Facts are facts.

Your own church has admitted to them.

You are in denial.

I rest my case.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149660 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>The RCC is(and has been for dome time now)been on a mission to amalgamate "all" christian sects under (1) umbrella. I can't remember the designation at the moment, but I am sure it can be found on line.
Talk about desperate moves. They are going broke, and are loosing subjugates to televangelism at a high rate.
You idiot, all christian's are under the same umbrella.
All christian's are united together in one belief that God is a Trinity.
"The Father Son, Holy Spirit".

Why are you so Ignorant about About God?
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#149661 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Facts are facts.
Your own church has admitted to them.
You are in denial.
I rest my case.
You talk in circles. You are stupid as all Muslims.
You don't get it stupid. The Church has always believed from the Beginning that God is one.
"The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit".
That is the teaching of Jesus Christ Himself, and the Church has never abandoned that believe.
LMAO! you are really stupid.
Do you take stupid pills?

Location hidden

#149662 Sep 23, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus Christ is the founder of Christianity.
The founder of Christianity was not born into this world.
Jesus Christ is the Spirit Son of God, equal to God the Father in essence and of the same substance of the Father.
You Muslims don't much about God, that is for sure.
Did your church throw the OT out completely?
Then who/what IS the "holy spirit"?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#149663 Sep 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Mohammed said this knowledge was imparted to him directly by the angel "Gabriel".
Of course he did. And Joseph Smith said this knowledge (how to read the "reformed Egyptian" writing on the golden plates that now comprises the Book of Mormon) was imparted to him directly by the angel "Moroni."

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_plates

Location hidden

#149664 Sep 23, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he did. And Joseph Smith said this knowledge (how to read the "reformed Egyptian" writing on the golden plates that now comprises the Book of Mormon) was imparted to him directly by the angel "Moroni."
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_plates
So what's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

My point was that the man was twisting my words to suit a "strawman" argument.
Follow the progression of posts Buford. It's quite obvious.
He is now reverting to insinuation and childish name calling, so I will discontinue any further reply.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#149665 Sep 23, 2012
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Hajj/pil...

Historical Facts Exclude Mecca as a Station in the Pilgrimage of Pre-Islamic Times

Making a pilgrimage, or Hajj, to Mecca and to its hills is one of the five pillars of Islam. Every Muslim has an obligation to make this pilgrimage at least once in his lifetime.

Mohammed bestowed the Hajj with magical consequences for those who perform it. Mohammed said this in his Hadith, which is considered second in importance only to the Qur’an. He said:

"He who makes the pilgrimage, returns to how he was when his mother begot him."*

* Bukhari, 2, page 141; Sahih Muslim 9, page 119

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,707
News Where Christianity, Islam agree and disagree 3 hr Mujameex10 27
News Interfaith panel aims to unite, not divide Sun Thinking 104
News In the Search for an Alternative to God, One Ra... (Mar '11) Sun Patrick n Angela 692
News A Rabbi Remembers His Relationship With Michael... Sun JinaWild 82
News Is Religion Childish? (Sep '14) Sat thetruth 161
News Can Religious Conservatives Survive The Rise Of... Mar 27 Fa-Foxy 12
More from around the web