Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
43,401 - 43,420 of 68,368 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-49

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : BAREEDA BIN AL HASB AL ASLAMI

This refers to the time when Prophet had left Makkah and was on this journey to Madina. People of Makkah had declared a prize of 100 camels to anyone who would capture him and bring him back to Makkah.

Many people had left in different directions, for the search of looking fugitives, BAREEDA BIN AL HASB was also one of them. He left his house on his horse, with a firm resolve not to return back till he has achieved his mission.

While going, he was told by some people that three people on two camels have just gone this route a few hours back. BAREEDA BIN AL HASB thought that these might be the persons whom he was looking. So he went in that directions on his horse fast.

A few miles along, he saw two camels on which two persons were sitting, one of them was prophet and second one was his friend Abu Bakr, Prophet was reciting Quran in a loud voice and every thing seemed to listening his recitation.

BAREEDA BIN AL HASB reached near and the sounds reached to his ears, the magic of Quran started working on his heart and remove the dust of false beliefs and teachings which had surrounded it. When the sound of horse reached prophet, he stopped his camel and looked back at BAREEDA BIN AL HASB.

When BAREEDA BIN AL HASB had a close look at the prophet’s face he cried out “This cannot be the face of a liar and a false prophet”. He immediately declared his faith to Islam and he tied a cloth as flag on his spear and went on his horse in front of camels of Prophet and his companion as a vanguard and body guard.

What a strange change from a booty hunter to a body guard in one instant, who can question the effectiveness of “Sword of Quran and Prophet’ smiling face”…..two of the strongest swords in his armor!!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122191862

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles---Dont pump the group up so much. My guess is that they supply assistance to hundreds, not thousands, and, if history is any judge, there are STRINGS attached.
HughBe--- you are a NASTY piece of work, Judahite.
Calling me names accomplishes nothing other than showing how weak for mental skills are
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Israel can live without the support. Its not that big of deal.
HughBe--- Is the aid taken because they don't want to hurt the feelings of the Evangelicals? Reject the aid.
I posted one news report where they DID reject the aid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
frijoles---The country can survive fine on its own without that type of support, and in fact, as I previously stated, Israelis themselves have in fact expressed that very opinion.
HughBe--- Is the country being forced to take the help?
You are basically representing that the majority of Israelis share your view and if that is so, don't take the aid.
They should tell the Christians how they feel. Also it is my honest view that MOST Christians don't know the feelings of Judahites towards them.
Yes and we also know you are willfully ignorant about most subjects regarding your religion
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--I dont know what the majority of Israelis think. But I can read and hear what MANY of them think.
HughBe--- My points stand as stated above. Let the Christians KNOW their feelings and REJECT the help.
Former---You are confusing Christians at large with evangelicals - a subgroup.
HughBe--- you talk too much BS non-Christian.
Frijoles---My guess, is that here in the US, MANY* Christians hate the evangelicals as much as we do.
HughBe--- We who, boy? The Jew who wrote the article does NOT hate Christians like WE/Judahites. That much should be clear to even a moron like you.
Support your IDIOTIC/lying claim about many Christians HATING evangelicals.
FRijoles---*MANY means many - not necessarily the majority -
HughBe--- quantify what is your meaning of many. Is it 40%?
I dont hate evangelicals as people, just their views.

Most Christian folk I know are not pushy and do not endorse pushy people.

The evangelicals as a NATIONAL political force here in America have greatly diminished over the years. They couldn't even coalesce as to find a candidate for president. Obama's victory is testamount to their weak position among the rest of the Christians at large. Maybe "hate" is a bit strong to characterize the attitude of the more moderate Christians towards their loony brethren, but lets face it, the moderates of the Christians voted with their feet and reelected Obama, contrary to the messages coming from the evangelical camp.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

What Obama’s Victory Means to the Religious Right
http://www.politicususa.com/obama-2012-means-...

"....Moderate Christians seem to be drifting away from organized religion or, if they are the type that feel threatened by the modern world, turn to fundamentalism.

I expect this polarizing trend to continue; it has been responsible, I believe, for the polarization of American politics. It is only since the Religious Right began to exert control over the Republican Party that the GOP has turned away from socially liberal policy positions, like access to birth control, and science and education..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

The Decline of Evangelical America

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/opinion/sun...

IT hasn’t been a good year for evangelicals. I should know. I’m one of them.

In 2012 we witnessed a collapse in American evangelicalism. The old religious right largely failed to affect the Republican primaries, much less the presidential election. Last month, Americans voted in favor of same-sex marriage in four states, while Florida voters rejected an amendment to restrict abortion.

Much has been said about conservative Christians and their need to retool politically. But that is a smaller story, riding on the back of a larger reality: Evangelicalism as we knew it in the 20th century is disintegrating.

In 2011 the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life polled church leaders from around the world. Evangelical ministers from the United States reported a greater loss of influence than church leaders from any other country — with some 82 percent indicating that their movement was losing ground.........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

(for a particularly sobering analysis of the evangelical ideology and how it does not encourage peace in the middle east....)

On the Road to Armageddon
How evangelicals became Israel's best friend.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/...

"....Millions of Americans believe that the Bible predicts the future and that we are living in the last days. Their beliefs are rooted in dispensationalism, a particular way of understanding the Bible's prophetic passages, especially those in Daniel and Ezekiel in the Old Testament and the Book of Revelation in the New Testament.

They make up about one-third of America's 40 or 50 million evangelical Christians and believe that the nation of Israel will play a central role in the unfolding of end-times events. In the last part of the 20th century, dispensationalist evangelicals become Israel's best friends-an alliance that has made a serious geopolitical difference..."
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling me names accomplishes nothing other than showing how weak for mental skills are
<quoted text>
I posted one news report where they DID reject the aid.
Jesus loves YOU, Frijoles.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and we also know you are willfully ignorant about most subjects regarding your religion
<quoted text>
I dont hate evangelicals as people, just their views.
Most Christian folk I know are not pushy and do not endorse pushy people.
The evangelicals as a NATIONAL political force here in America have greatly diminished over the years. They couldn't even coalesce as to find a candidate for president. Obama's victory is testamount to their weak position among the rest of the Christians at large. Maybe "hate" is a bit strong to characterize the attitude of the more moderate Christians towards their loony brethren, but lets face it, the moderates of the Christians voted with their feet and reelected Obama, contrary to the messages coming from the evangelical camp.
Jesus loves YOU dear, Frijoles. Why not serve Him today?

Oh, you can try answering my questions and explain the quotes.

Much love from Jesus and Jamaica. In other words much love from JJ.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

It was just a pop in and so take care. I am off to listen to some love music, oldies of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Donald Duck and Big Bird

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves YOU dear, Frijoles. Why not serve Him today?
Oh, you can try answering my questions and explain the quotes.
Much love from Jesus and Jamaica. In other words much love from JJ.
Act like your Jesus

and btw I answered your questions. If you want more than that, kiss my ....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
and Homer Simpson loves YOU, Hughbe.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is a "Two way street" Hugh Be, never ONE WAY.

Think about it.
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

So,

Not knowing much about Israel, I stumbled on a webpage that speaks to it.

http://jcpa.org/dje/articles2/meaning.htm

So, with some 20 million Jews spread throughout the world (before I get fact checked, I'm only guesstimating based on what the article above talks about). Give or take 10 million. What is the reason for needing the state of Israel to exist? Jews are a people right? What's special about the specific area that Israel was founded on? Jesus? What's the spread of people in Israel? Is it primarily Jews or are there others as well like the melting pot of peeps that we have here. So, what is the special interest that we have in Israel? What are the resources or strategic location that makes us spend piles of money and political capital on this tiny waring country? I continue to wonder what it is that these people are fighting over?

What's the interest. Beans said there are many reasons a while back, but was not specific as to the real reasons. Countries tend to war for natural resources. There is very little else to war over. Dead people don't seem to matter as south of us, the "War on Drugs" has claimed some 50,000ish lives in 4ish yrs. Of course, down there we control cheap labor, natural resources and politicians along with drugs (kinda count as a natural resource). So, what have we in Israel that matters so much? Why not just let Israel war like mad people with the A-Rabs?

These are all just wonderings and not downs on Israel. I just don't get it.
Clear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I appreciate your desire that you want to sit in the feet of jesus and listen to his words and thoughts.
These are very noble thoughts, but unfortunately you will never get the chance.
Because the original words and thoughts of Jesus have been superimposed by Paul and his followers and you can hardly listen to "real jesus" in any existing Gospel.
You can get some idea of what jesus taught and spoke by going thru the Gospel of Barnabas, which preserves some of his true teachings.
And if you want to find the truth, then why not follow Jesus' advice and "Look" for the Comforter whom Jesus promised (as mentioned in Gospel of John Ch 14 thru Ch 16).
Do you know who was that comforter?
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Ghost /Spirit
These 3 agree, and are one

God the Father sent God the Son, who made a "way ",for sinfilled man to enter the Fathers House.

Those who accept this free gift, are comforted by Gods sweet Holy sprit-the comforter.

Gods Holy Spirit = The Comforter.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Ghost /Spirit
These 3 agree, and are one
God the Father sent God the Son, who made a "way ",for sinfilled man to enter the Fathers House.
Those who accept this free gift, are comforted by Gods sweet Holy sprit-the comforter.
Gods Holy Spirit = The Comforter.
What you wrote though sound like English is not English? It is Gibberish and makes no sense.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost, that part is clear.

But when you say these three are one, goes out of English language.

How can these three become one?

Comforter is not the "Holy Ghost" but the "Spirit of Truth" and Jesus said "He will guide you into all truth".

I did not see "Holy Ghost" leading these hundreds of thousands of Churches and Denominations into "All Truth". It is leading them into diffeernt directions and all of them claim "Holy Ghost" inside them.

Which one of these sects and denominations are lead by the "Holy Ghost"?

CAn you tell us?

“Where is Cookeville?”

Since: Dec 07

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes brother Hugh Be. if there were no "lying lips" in the world, it would already had become a paradise.
One of the "greatest gifts" that people would get in paradise is that they will not hear any lies or vain talks!!
Like your nonsense about posting about your vain prophet and all his using his sword to "exectute people" nonsense? What is Paradise to you, Muq-Ass? You personally made a great deal of pointing out how your pitiful little prophet worked overtime and be-headed, molested, and made sure he was the only game in town, especially when it came to the Arabian Penninsula, and worked over-time to kill the Jews of the Baun'i-Khariza and the Bunnu-ka-Nuka. What is your idea of Paradise, as you envision it, Muq? You ot one, or you just some jack-ass screamin "Moo-Hammed!" as you drift alon in life?
Clear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What you wrote though sound like English is not English? It is Gibberish and makes no sense.
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost, that part is clear.
But when you say these three are one, goes out of English language.
How can these three become one?
Comforter is not the "Holy Ghost" but the "Spirit of Truth" and Jesus said "He will guide you into all truth".
I did not see "Holy Ghost" leading these hundreds of thousands of Churches and Denominations into "All Truth". It is leading them into diffeernt directions and all of them claim "Holy Ghost" inside them.
Which one of these sects and denominations are lead by the "Holy Ghost"?
CAn you tell us?
You are very much correct when you say many different denominations.
This also means that not all of those are correct.
So which 1 are ones are correct?

The 1 or ones that put their faith and trust in God and not a man.

Many speak of the Grace of God, but turn around and use many different ways on how someone must earn this grace.

Gods Holy Word MUST be taken as a whole, and MUST be trusted as inspired by God.

Anyone can use the Word of God, and "fit" IT to their mold.

Satan attacked the Word of God from the start, and he has never stopped.
he also attacks our languages.

It is my opinion, that very few preach a true gospel of God.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

idgaf wrote:
So,
Not knowing much about Israel, I stumbled on a webpage that speaks to it.
http://jcpa.org/dje/articles2/meaning.htm
So, with some 20 million Jews spread throughout the world (before I get fact checked, I'm only guesstimating based on what the article above talks about). Give or take 10 million. What is the reason for needing the state of Israel to exist? Jews are a people right? What's special about the specific area that Israel was founded on? Jesus? What's the spread of people in Israel? Is it primarily Jews or are there others as well like the melting pot of peeps that we have here. So, what is the special interest that we have in Israel? What are the resources or strategic location that makes us spend piles of money and political capital on this tiny waring country? I continue to wonder what it is that these people are fighting over?
What's the interest. Beans said there are many reasons a while back, but was not specific as to the real reasons. Countries tend to war for natural resources. There is very little else to war over. Dead people don't seem to matter as south of us, the "War on Drugs" has claimed some 50,000ish lives in 4ish yrs. Of course, down there we control cheap labor, natural resources and politicians along with drugs (kinda count as a natural resource). So, what have we in Israel that matters so much? Why not just let Israel war like mad people with the A-Rabs?
These are all just wonderings and not downs on Israel. I just don't get it.
Where do they make people that are sooo incredibly stupid and short-sighted.
And daft enough to write it down, at that!
----
Israels main function is as neutral turf for 5 continents to talk, do business a.s.o. when they have to do business, because westernized is of more importance than all religion.
And it has no ban tourist or ban jews, no-welcome mats.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

idgaf wrote:
So,

What's the interest. Beans said there are many reasons a while back, but was not specific as to the real reasons.
Its the only democracy in the middle east, and therefore our only stable ally in the region.

That is the main reason why the US should support Israel. Period.

There are many internal reasons within the Jewish people for the existence of Israel (historically it is the homeland) but the reason above is the primary reason for America at large.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Judaism Forum right now

Search the Judaism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 7 min bmz 199,517
codex sinaiticus - 1,600 yrs bible doesn't ment... (Feb '12) 2 hr MAAT 3,932
Anti-Judaism in Christian scripture, Part Four:... 3 hr MAAT 19
Shiva visit for Christian 3 hr SamBee 5
Response to Bill O'Reilly: Jesus Didn't Start a... 22 hr Lawrence Wolf 29
Messianism is a mess (Dec '10) Tue SamBee 3,424
Forbidden Knowledge History of the Khazar Empire (Aug '12) Tue SamBee 1,125
•••
•••