Lilith: Adam's first wife

Lilith: Adam's first wife

There are 615 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Lilith: Adam's first wife. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Do you like this story? Adam's first wife was Lilith , not Eve , according to Judaism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Ginger

Atlanta, GA

#1 Mar 29, 2011
This article is correct. The Bible is not complete. Read Revelation 22:19.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 29, 2011
Ginger wrote:
This article is correct. The Bible is not complete. Read Revelation 22:19.
Including Revelation does not support your statement. Adding more books to the original bible could be considered bible tampering.
Ginger

Atlanta, GA

#3 Mar 30, 2011
It is obvious that "someone" removed some books from the Judeo-Christian Bible (i.e. Tobit, Second Maccabees, Enoch, etc.). For proof look at the ancient Dead Sea scrolls, Peshitta, Septuagint and Ethiopian Orthodox Bibles. Someone obviously violated Revelation 22:19 thereby erasing Lilith.
True witness

Tulsa, OK

#4 Mar 30, 2011
There is no more truth to Lilith than there is in any Mythology.

Jewish Mythology gives explaination of the Jewish failings, where Greek Mythology gives entertainment to the mundane existance of man in general. All Mythology is fiction, people still need fiction to be entertained, Satan the god of this world knows what people like, he is the father of the lie. John 8:44

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 30, 2011
True witness wrote:
Jewish Mythology gives explaination of the Jewish failings, where Greek Mythology gives entertainment to the mundane existance of man in general. All Mythology is fiction, people still need fiction to be entertained, Satan the god of this world knows what people like, he is the father of the lie. John 8:44
----------

And I can't agree with you more. BTW, Lilith entered the pantheon of Jewish mythology with the return of the Jews from exile in Babylon after those 70 years, prophesied in Daniel 9:24. The myth was of a female spirit in ancient semitic legend, alleged to hount
deserted places and attack children. According to the legend, Lilith was the first wife of Adam in Jewish folklore, believed to have been created before Eve.
Ben

Location hidden

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Ginger wrote:
It is obvious that "someone" removed some books from the Judeo-Christian Bible (i.e. Tobit, Second Maccabees, Enoch, etc.). For proof look at the ancient Dead Sea scrolls, Peshitta, Septuagint and Ethiopian Orthodox Bibles. Someone obviously violated Revelation 22:19 thereby erasing Lilith.
Not really. Lilith is part of the Jewish tradition from what I recall. The jewish scriptures were taken and added to with the christian new testament to make a new religion. The Jewish scriptures were canonized by the Jewish rabbis. The Christian bible was canonized by the church. Same difference.

The 24 books of the Tanakh, the real Hebrew scriptures in the original language, or correct translation, consists of the 5 books of Torah, The Prophetic books, and the writings. The rabbis determined which books were prophetic and which were writings...they were THEIR books after all. Danial is not considered a prophetic book because it dealt with current events from Daniel's perspective, same with Esther. Song of Solomon made the cut, but only because Rabbi Akiva spoke up and said it was a book describing the love between G-d and His people Israel. The other books you mention didn't get canonized for various reasons, but it doesn't mean they aren't valid and valuable literature, historical or poetic writings which are cherished by the Jewish people. No one is withholding them from you.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 30, 2011
True witness wrote:
There is no Satan devil in the Jewish scriptures. It is a mistranslation and misinterpretation by Christian theologians to create an adversary for the Jesus story. It typical of the pagan religions of the time, from which Christianity took many of its ideas and made them into doctrin over the centuries.

Satan actually comes from the Hebrew ha-satan, the evil inclination. We are equipped with two inclinations when we get here, an evil one and a good one. It's a test. There is no such thing as 'the devil made me do it'. If you did it, you made yourself do it, or you choose not to. You, not Satan.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 30, 2011
Well, there must be a hell, because I noticed that my spelling just went there...
True witness

Tulsa, OK

#9 Mar 31, 2011
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
And I can't agree with you more. BTW, Lilith entered the pantheon of Jewish mythology with the return of the Jews from exile in Babylon after those 70 years, prophesied in Daniel 9:24. The myth was of a female spirit in ancient semitic legend, alleged to hount
deserted places and attack children. According to the legend, Lilith was the first wife of Adam in Jewish folklore, believed to have been created before Eve.
Ben
I would like to know who was suppose to have created her, since Jehovah God only took one rib of Adam to make Eve.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10 Mar 31, 2011
True witness wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know who was suppose to have created her, since Jehovah God only took one rib of Adam to make Eve.
So, go read the article. If you had, you would have seen the answer.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#11 Mar 31, 2011
It actually makes sense that the God of the Bible would have made a wife for Adam at the same time He made Adam, since He already had a wife of His own...
http://news.discovery.com/history/god-wife-ya...
True witness

Tulsa, OK

#12 Apr 1, 2011

Pure fiction, is still fiction.

Demons are not fiction, they are very powerful spirit creatures created by themselves, by their choice of free will not to be obedient angels.

BTW they love to make and watch humans sin, it's their entertainment, the more gross the sin, the better they like it, and their influence is in the world's entertainment. Ephesians 5:3,4
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 3, 2011
True witness wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: have you already forgotten about, TheOur Mother Mereeam? just in case the woman chaooah, should not do. here in always the same story from G-D, according to your same old mental mistakes.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#14 Apr 3, 2011
Liam R wrote:
It actually makes sense that the God of the Bible would have made a wife for Adam at the same time He made Adam, since He already had a wife of His own...
http://news.discovery.com/history/god-wife-ya...
rabbee: and the guy falsely accused as jesus, was actually two people being crucified. since G-D always has Adam put to death. and returned as adam and his proposed true animal mate. here in always TheTorah from TheG-D of Only TheTorah, actually always happening.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#15 Apr 3, 2011
True witness wrote:
Pure fiction, is still fiction.
Demons are not fiction, they are very powerful spirit creatures created by themselves, by their choice of free will not to be obedient angels.
BTW they love to make and watch humans sin, it's their entertainment, the more gross the sin, the better they like it, and their influence is in the world's entertainment. Ephesians 5:3,4
rabbee: no! TheTorah is most specific, that the subtle demons of the fields, are all made and fashioned by G-D. and are under the the physical command of G-D, just like everyone else here in TheTorah today.

Location hidden

#16 Aug 1, 2011
True witness wrote:
----------

I agree with you that there is no more truth to Lilith than there is in any Mythology. But this is not Jewish Mythology. The Jews who returned from exile in Babylon brough this story as a folkloric Babylonian Mythology. The interesting though, is that you speak against Mythology and introduce Satan as the true god of this world. No offense meant but you are being simply hypocritical.

How about the mythologies of Christianity? A Jew being born of God with an earthly woman is Greek Mythology and Christianity has adopted it, even to the point to worship the demigod as he was a god.
Ben

Location hidden

#17 Aug 1, 2011
True witness wrote:
<quoted text>
----------

It must have been the same religion that created the Mythology of the demigod that was born of God with Mary.
Ben
Rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#18 Aug 2, 2011
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
It must have been the same religion that created the Mythology of the demigod that was born of God with Mary.
Ben
yeah like mary was, a popular eevreet name 2000 years ago. and they give a name, to adams wife. that does not even exist, anywhere in The Real Torah. and only exists, in only their altered versions.
Rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#19 Aug 2, 2011
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
I agree with you that there is no more truth to Lilith than there is in any Mythology. But this is not Jewish Mythology. The Jews who returned from exile in Babylon brough this story as a folkloric Babylonian Mythology. The interesting though, is that you speak against Mythology and introduce Satan as the true god of this world. No offense meant but you are being simply hypocritical.
How about the mythologies of Christianity? A Jew being born of God with an earthly woman is Greek Mythology and Christianity has adopted it, even to the point to worship the demigod as he was a god.
Ben
rabbee: don't be, sooo stupid. adam has never had, any Mother named lilith. because the woman chaooah, ran off with the subtle mr lizard lips again.
Rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#20 Aug 2, 2011
SeasideSoon wrote:
Well, there must be a hell, because I noticed that my spelling just went there...
rabbee: people in hell tend to deny, just where in the hell they are. and make all kinds of excuses, for all thier pestelence, plague, and famine. there are no diseases or earthquakes, in gan eden or heaven. so where in the hell, are all of you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This is no way to treat the dead 20 hr The Bible Student 13
News Comment: Balfour Declaration is just the beginning Nov 18 Tolstoyboy 2
News Hasidic Jews in upstate New York Nov 14 The Bible Student 4
The King Messiah Nov 5 rosends 2
News Does 'Are You Jewish?' Hasidic Outreach Build I... Nov 4 boko palmach 5
News From the cover of "The Book of Separation," a n... Nov 4 yidfellas 1
News DC Judge Agrees to Ask Israel for Help in Case ... Nov 4 lavon affair 2
More from around the web