Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1 Feb 25, 2013
I have been studying and meditating on the Hebrew bible for almost 30 years and it is very clear to me the Messiah is the living God of Israel. What do you think?
Eric

Hoffman Estates, IL

#2 Feb 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
I have been studying and meditating on the Hebrew bible for almost 30 years
In Hebrew?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 26, 2013
Reminds me of that girl with the bible nailed to the chair.

Location hidden

#4 Feb 26, 2013
To Eric, I read the OKJV and the Masoretic. If something doesn't make sense or seems contradictory I do look at the Hebrew and I have to ask a Rabbi-I don't speak a lot of Hebrew but I wish I did because that (mostly) is the original language, plus Aramaic. I've come across some mistranslations in the OKJV
Eric

Hoffman Estates, IL

#5 Feb 26, 2013
susanblange wrote:
I've come across some mistranslations in the OKJV
That was my concern

Location hidden

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Well Susanblange if these two posts are anything to go by, we have our work cut.
(By the way that bible on the chair was no joke!)
From the thread Bible pagan....
The God of Israel was the first God and will be the last God. Baal is a generic name for any idol-also called devils. An idol is a physical representation of a dead god, earth is the land of the living, and the God of Israel will live on earth forever

susanblange

Norfolk, VA
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#316 18 hrs ago
Baal is e generic name for an idol. It is related to babel and Babylon which basically means "confusion" and "mystery" Christianity is the new Babylon and will be conquered and abolished by the Kingdom of God and the Messiah who Christians will call "the Antichrist" It is Christianity's mission to spread their pagan doctrine throughout the world. Christianity will not fully be defeated until the resurrection on the Mount of Olives.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 27, 2013
But not for tonight.
I have hebrew grammar waiting...you can only postpone so long without your conscious starting to tug at you.

“Proud Southerner”

Since: May 07

Israel, betach b'HaShem!

#8 Feb 27, 2013
God is not the Messiah. HaShem and the Messiah are two separated "beings".

Location hidden

#9 Feb 27, 2013
I didn't get the joke maat and what about my conscience?

Location hidden

#10 Feb 27, 2013
The purpose of the tabernacle and subsequently the Temple is a dwelling place for God. The term Messiah only appears in the book of Daniel 9:25-26 although he is called the Lords anointed in many places. The bible is about God. "In thy book all my members were written which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there were none of them" "then said I, lo I come, in the volume of the book it is written of me" Usually this person is called the Lord and God-also the Holy One, the Almighty, the Most High. God said, My glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. It has always been Gods intent to live on earth. If the meek will inherit the earth wouldn't God be among them?

Location hidden

#11 Feb 27, 2013
The joke would have been if she just had been sitting on the chair plus glued and nialed on bible. As in interpreting contemplating'n'.
A play on words.
But she would kneel in front of it. So hence no actual joke.

I was thinking that maybe the easiest way would be to give you some threads were we allready tried to give proper translations.
And you could still use the source that gives hebrew nd transliteration and a bad OKJV translation, but then you would just have to click on the hebrew and write that translation down.(minus the grammar, but it builds a familiarity)
And then we could have a talk about the difference in philosophical interpretation.
How does that sound to you Susan Blanche?

Location hidden

#12 Feb 28, 2013
It's Susan Bixby (a family name) Offhand I can think of 2 mistranslations-Is. 7:14, "virgin" should be "maiden" and Thou shalt not revile the "gods"-should be "judges"

Location hidden

#13 Feb 28, 2013
Good start.
There is the son of governors from aramaic that god translated as son of god.

Son of man pre-christian also had a different meaning.

--
Im frankly only halfway concentrating, having my mind on other issues, so what about my proposal to let you read those other lines first, they are a bit of a search way back.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 28, 2013
Just one i have handy:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Messianism is a mess.
Not too long 161 pages. Kind of an introduction as to the issues that play.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 28, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...
Isaiah 53 refers to the messiah and not to Israel.
A short one 25 pages thereabout, but which frankly left everyone exhausted and with no taste to do it again, as i recall.
So it also looks unfinished.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 28, 2013
I agree, Isaiah 53 is about the Messiah. The bible is about the world,the nation of Israel and God (the Messiah). In thy book all my members were written... Then said I, lo, I come, in the volume of the book it is written of me. There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that the Messiah is the living God of Israel incarnate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Judaism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 9 min J RULES 217,282
News Thousands Of Religious Leaders Urge The Supreme... 14 hr Wall 87
News Can You grieve the Holy Spirit? 22 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 1
News Should we blame religions for violence? Fri Mikey 25
people who are finishing judaism by torah heif Fri Ahmed 1
News In the Search for an Alternative to God, One Ra... (Mar '11) Thu Joy Joy 696
News Scholar sees Holocaust as war on Judaism NEW Apr 21 mothman777 1
More from around the web