First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#44 Nov 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
The TRUTH about God, the Bible and Jesus Christ!
Listen to God and Live Forever
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/ll_E...
What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...
The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...
"Those teachings come through people who tell lies and trick others. These evil people cannot see what is right and what is wrong. It is like their conscience has been destroyed with a hot iron." 1 Tim 4:2 ERV

"So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes." Eph 4:14

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#45 Nov 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
Here again Jesus makes it VERY clear that some people who BELIEVE in him will fail to OBEY him:
*** Matt 7:22 Many will tell me in that day,'Lord, Lord, did not we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?'
*** Matt 7:23 And then I will tell them,'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'
Simply believing in Jesus is NOT ENOUGH to be saved.
You must also OBEY him.
Much of the writings of Apostle Paul are there encouraging believers to obey Jesus. Why would he bother is Karen's fake gospel was true?
Those scriptures are speaking of those who do not truly believe, but pretend they do Aneirin. Or it is speaking of those who mislead people by telling them they have to be part of an organization to be saved. Jesus is the only way, not any religion or any organization. You are allowing men to take your salvation away from you.
Paul does encourage TRUE BELIEVERS TO OBEY JESUS, your religions encourages you to OBEY THE GB. That is a false gospel.

Location hidden

#46 Nov 13, 2012
I am leaving now its time for me to fix lunch.

Please have a wonderful day.

Remember, Jesus loves you.
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#47 Nov 13, 2012
Gotyou wrote:
The WTS wants outsiders to know that this religion is very reasonable and tolerant. In fact, the WTS wants to paint a picture that all JEhovah's Witnesses have freedom of thought, freedom of choice and this religion does not have any trace of dictactorship and thought control. Is that true? Well, I would to hear from any active members of that religion. Can any JW care to tell on how he or she is free? Do you think for yourself? Give us some examples?
A person can be a follower or Christ or a follower of man. You cannot be both.

It is a fact that those who are in this JW religion are not permitted to hold any beliefs that conflict with JW literature even when JW doctrine is easily proved to violate scripture.

So it is only the logical conclusion that to be a JW is to follow man not Christ.

Also, Deuteronomy 18 clearly proves JW organization to be a false prophet and there is no reason to believe Christ would ever lead someone to a false prophet.

Also, Galatians 1 proves the JW version of the gospel is cursed by God himself, so again there is no way Christ would ever lead anyone to the JW religion.

It is an easy matter of looking at the available facts and evidence to conclude that being in JW organization means you cannot reason on scriptures but must follow what men tell you.
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#48 Nov 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though the context has now been shown and explained, people like Jace will continue to quote that statement out-of-context in the hope that I will not be around to point out the truth.
These anti-JW fanatics peddle nothing but lies to suit their agenda.
You still are attempting to deceive people even after I expose you many times!

Nothing you posted changes anything. Whether it is about Russel and your splinter faction is not important.

What is important is that JW organization claims their writings are from God while also saying do not blame us when we are wrong all the time since we aren't inspired.

That is very dishonest and can easily be seen by anyone who wants the truth :)
Truth of Christ

Mesquite, NV

#49 Nov 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that it is NOT enough to believe, more is required.
Jesus told the man on the cross that he would be with Jesus in paradise that same day. What did that man on the cross do other than believe?

Do you have his time card?

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#50 Nov 13, 2012
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Those scriptures are speaking of those who do not truly believe, but pretend they do Aneirin.
That's nonsense.

Look at the other scriptures:

*** Luke 19:21 for I feared you, because you are an exacting man. You take up that which you did not lay down, and reap that which you did not sow.'

*** Luke 19:22 "He said to him,'Out of your own mouth will I judge you, you wicked servant! You knew that I am an exacting man, taking up that which I did not lay down, and reaping that which I did not sow.

See what Jesus says to the man?

He says "you KNEW that I am an exacting man".

The man KNEW. He was a BELIEVER.

If he was not a believer then he would not have condemned himself out of his own mouth.

But you Karen will tell yourself anything that agrees with what the trinity worshipping men at you church feed you.
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#51 Nov 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
God inspired this scripture, for the WTS has indeed made many unnecessary books when the bible alone is sufficient to read Gods words .:
Ecclesiastes 12:12
And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
1.Listen to the infallible God by reading his words in the bible as apposed to reading what flip floppimg men say.
2. To find out what the bible teaches ...read the bible! duh
3.To find the Greatest Man who ever lived ...read about him in the bible without man's distortions.
4. Folks all you need is a bible and not the many books of fallible men of the WT/GB. If JW's were truly following God they would tell you to read the bible without men's opinion, but they don't follow scriptures without the opinion of erroneous men,and that is why they want you to follow the opinion of the WTS just as they do. Now you can see who JW's follow as they prefer the many books only the bible alone.

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#52 Nov 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
But you Karen will tell yourself anything that agrees with what the trinity worshipping men at you church feed you.
Just as you, I can't call you a jw, and the jws tell yourselves anything that agrees with what the 8 men in NY feed you through the pages of the watchtower.
stup

Anonymous Proxy

#53 Nov 13, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
Going back to this (with your long comeback noted):
"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of any of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in the Watchtower.(Watchtower, Nov. 1 1931 p. 327)".
Gareth, it doesn't matter if it was Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz or your GB today is running the show and overseeing the WTS publications.

The problem for them is the WTS literature are not "bible truths" because they are often wrong and contradictory.

So either the WTS literature is the works of men or God is making mistakes. We know God isn't making mistakes so that leaves whoever is in charge at the WTS as the ones making the mistakes and false claims. Now when somebody claims to speak for God and it does not come to pass, that is a false prophet and that person shall not be feared. You GB is just the current false prophet of the WTS organization.

Simply put, the WTS has been, continues to be and most likely will always be a false prophet. The WTS literature IS the opinions (often deceptions of men). Claiming that it is not the works of men is just a BOLD FACED LIE!

“the truth will set you free...”

Since: Nov 10

Houston, TX

#54 Nov 13, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as you, I can't call you a jw, and the jws tell yourselves anything that agrees with what the 8 men in NY feed you through the pages of the watchtower.
Actually, every one of Jehovah's Witnesses I've ever encountered is rather diverse in their acquisition of knowledge. I challenged you here to back your claims using whatever knowledge you acquired when associated with Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-...

You of course responded with nothing which clearly indicates spoon feeding doesn't even work for a brain-dead moron. You damn sure never contribute anything remotely enlightening here on Topix. With sh*t for brains, you simply don't have the ability to contribute anything but idiotic one-liners.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#55 Nov 14, 2012
An organization that teaches of a god that will destroy 99.997 percent of humanity for not accepting this specific organization as it's only earthly representatives can hardly be called reasonable or tolerant.

Jesus preached forgiveness and LOVE.

The governing body preaches blood and destruction!

You can see it clearly reflected in it's defenders with their hateful fowl mouthed attacks on those who dare to disagree with their bloodbath theology!

Matthew 7:16 (New International Version)

"16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? "

The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has to be one of the most unreasonable and intolerant churches on the planet.

And contrary to what Judge Rutherford taught, it is a church, at least for tax purposes!

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#56 Nov 14, 2012
An organization that teaches of a god that will destroy 99.997 percent of humanity for not accepting this specific organization as it's only earthly representatives can hardly be called reasonable or tolerant.

Jesus preached forgiveness and LOVE.

The governing body preaches a false judgment of blood and destruction for everyone that refuses to join their church!

You can see it clearly reflected in it's defenders with their hateful fowl mouthed attacks on those who dare to disagree with their bloodbath theology!

Matthew 7:16 (New International Version)

"16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? "

The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has to be one of the most unreasonable and intolerant churches on the planet.

And contrary to what Judge Rutherford taught, it is a church, at least for tax purposes!

Location hidden

#57 Nov 14, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nonsense.
Look at the other scriptures:
*** Luke 19:21 for I feared you, because you are an exacting man. You take up that which you did not lay down, and reap that which you did not sow.'
*** Luke 19:22 "He said to him,'Out of your own mouth will I judge you, you wicked servant! You knew that I am an exacting man, taking up that which I did not lay down, and reaping that which I did not sow.
See what Jesus says to the man?
He says "you KNEW that I am an exacting man".
The man KNEW. He was a BELIEVER.
If he was not a believer then he would not have condemned himself out of his own mouth.
He was not truly a believer, he put more faith in himself he took more honor for things he did for himself, he did not give Jesus the honor and belief he should have. When a person does that, like so many preachers, ministers of today, they DO NOT HAVE TRUE faith or BELIEF.

Aneirin, stop with the put downs, start loving enough to discuss things with me without attacking me. I have told you over and over I do not know really how I believe about the trinity yet you still say I do. I am leaning more that way as I learn more and more from the Holy Spirit. Did you know that Jesus is mentioned in the Old Testament over 400 times. You would not be able to see it though because your mind is closed by the teachings of the GB. We must keep our hearts and minds open if we are to ever learn the truth of the bible. Once again, I do not even believe everything my church teaches, I believe what the BIBLE teaches me. But the difference in me and you is this, I AM FREE TO BELIEVE WITHOUT WORRY OF BEING DFED FOR IT, YOU CANNOT DO THAT. You must conform with the GB.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#58 Nov 14, 2012
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not truly a believer, he put more faith in himself he took more honor for things he did for himself, he did not give Jesus the honor and belief he should have. When a person does that, like so many preachers, ministers of today, they DO NOT HAVE TRUE faith or BELIEF.
Karen's problem is that her definition of BELIEF is not the same as normal people's definition of BELIEF.

Karen takes it to include OBEDIENCE to Jesus.

Unfortunately this leads Karen to teach a false gospel. She teaches people that they ONLY need "belief", but she does not mention that her definition of the word "belief" is not the same as theirs.

So they walk away with the false idea that believing in Jesus is enough to save them and that they don't need to bother obeying Jesus because they are already saved.

This is a Satanic teaching - that you don't have to obey Jesus to be saved.

Karen should stop teaching her false definition of the word "belief" and the false gospel it promotes.

She should teach as the Bible teaches that belief alone is NOT enough and that you ALSO have to OBEY Jesus and do his preaching work to be saved.
dee lightful

Piedmont, SC

#60 Nov 14, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen's problem is that her definition of BELIEF is not the same as normal people's definition of BELIEF.
Unfortunately this leads Karen to teach a false gospel. She teaches people that they ONLY need "belief", but she does not mention that her definition of the word "belief" is not the same as theirs.
So they walk away with the false idea that believing in Jesus is enough to save them and that they don't need to bother obeying Jesus because they are already saved.
Karen should stop teaching her false definition of the word "belief" and the false gospel it promotes.
She should teach as the Bible teaches that belief alone is NOT enough and that you ALSO have to OBEY Jesus and do his preaching work to be saved.
Nonsense, Gareth believing is obediences.
John 7:38—He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.
John 8:24, 58—Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.... Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."
John 9:35-38—Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him,“Do you believe in the Son of God?” He answered and said,“Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?” And Jesus said to him,“You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.” Then he said,“Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.
Karen believes in the words of Jesus and follows Him alone.
Gareth believes in the words of men, and follows the WT script alone.
Who do you think will be saved?

“BIBLE TRUTHS *NEVER* CHANGE”

Since: Aug 09

LET GO AND LET GOD

#61 Nov 14, 2012
SOS wrote:
<quoted text>your religion is only 140years old.
Get over it.
When describing the WTS, the words pipsqueak religion, foolish upstarts with really oddball doctrines, and....as those 140 years rolled on....and every prediction they have declared fell apart so that they were forced to revise their "teachings from God"....so that now EVIL CULT are the most accurate words to define this spiritually damaging and family shredding form of religion.

Location hidden

#62 Nov 14, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Aneirin, you have no idea what the truth is about the gospel. It is you who is preaching a false gospel, you teach people that they must come to a religion or organization to be saved, I teach they must come to JESUS. What exactly does the bible say? I have never read where it says come to a religion, or an organization. I have never read where it says, come to the organization that God chose to be his only true religion. But there are many places that tells us to come to Jesus for Salvation. I don't know why you cant see this.

If you would stop trying to twist my words which is so very dishonest of you, you would seE that I have told you over and over that it all STARTS with BELIEF, you cannot be saved without that TRUE BELIEF. With that comes the wanting to be obedient and wanting to tell others of what you have found. BUT IT STARTS WITH BELIEF! Please stop being dishonest with your words Aneirin and stop trying to twist my words and make others believe I am saying something I am not, it is not a Christian thing to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Subliminal Pedophile snake on young girl found ... 1 hr artcritic 1
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 1 hr ihveit 18,948
Show Us Where Does The WTS' New Light Come From? 1 hr truthsetsfree 21
A "Cross" The Scriptures, The Tree of Life & Th... 1 hr truthsetsfree 28
how bout a subject jws wont discuss? 2 hr Maravilla 158
Day and Hour not known; but YEAR is! 2 hr LineCalier 2
Ask about the Governing Body 2 hr Nedoba 11
Poll But of that day knoweth no man, Matthew 24:36 4 hr CIA Free 142
Is "Michael" Jesus Christ' New Covenant name? 8 hr ihveit 86
Why we JWs are so HAPPY! 14 hr Maravilla 346