Is the WTS reasonable and tolerant?

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gotyou

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 11, 2012
The WTS wants outsiders to know that this religion is very reasonable and tolerant. In fact, the WTS wants to paint a picture that all JEhovah's Witnesses have freedom of thought, freedom of choice and this religion does not have any trace of dictactorship and thought control. Is that true? Well, I would to hear from any active members of that religion. Can any JW care to tell on how he or she is free? Do you think for yourself? Give us some examples?
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2012
I am free to serve Jehovah without all the lies taught by false religion.

I think for myself within the parameters set by the Bible.

I choose which ways I will serve Jehovah. I do not let others make these decisions for me.

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 11, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
I think for myself within the parameters set by the governing body.
Fixed it for ya!
little lamb

Australia

#4 Nov 11, 2012
Doesn't matter if it is or if it isn't...God loved the world so much he sent his only begotten son, that whomsoever exercises faith in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Too much fuss about a publishing company..

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 11, 2012
Gotyou wrote:
The WTS wants outsiders to know that this religion is very reasonable and tolerant. In fact, the WTS wants to paint a picture that all JEhovah's Witnesses have freedom of thought, freedom of choice and this religion does not have any trace of dictactorship and thought control. Is that true? Well, I would to hear from any active members of that religion. Can any JW care to tell on how he or she is free? Do you think for yourself? Give us some examples?
Actually the WTS has no say in this.

The real question is this.

Is Christianity reasonable and tolerant?

Either you think it is or, like Satan you think it is not.
Gotyou

Katy, TX

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the WTS has no say in this.
The real question is this.
Is Christianity reasonable and tolerant?
Either you think it is or, like Satan you think it is not.
A simple question: do you think for yourself as a JW?

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 11, 2012
Gotyou wrote:
A simple question: do you think for yourself as a JW?
With all the anti-JW propaganda you absolutely HAVE to think for yourself to become a JW rather than just accepting all the anti-JW negative propaganda.

A simple question: do you think for yourself as an anti-JW propaganda fanatic being that you come up with all the exact same points that all of you always come up with all the time and over and over again?

Or, to put it another way: Why do you keep regurgitating the same old stuff you read on all the anti-JW propaganda hate sites? Is it because you let them do your thinking for you?

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the anti-JW propaganda you absolutely HAVE to think for yourself to become a JW rather than just accepting all the anti-JW negative propaganda.
A simple question: do you think for yourself as an anti-JW propaganda fanatic being that you come up with all the exact same points that all of you always come up with all the time and over and over again?
Or, to put it another way: Why do you keep regurgitating the same old stuff you read on all the anti-JW propaganda hate sites? Is it because you let them do your thinking for you?
Garath, JWs are not allowed to do any research without the use of the societies publications. In fact they say you will never find the truth without their books. Ex Witnesses have done the opposite. They have researched books and the internet and come up with their conclusions, which is why they are ex witnesses now.
JWs do not have that freedom. They must obey the governing body, whatever they may think privately.
stup

Anonymous Proxy

#9 Nov 12, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the anti-JW propaganda you absolutely HAVE to think for yourself to become a JW rather than just accepting all the anti-JW negative propaganda.
A simple question: do you think for yourself as an anti-JW propaganda fanatic being that you come up with all the exact same points that all of you always come up with all the time and over and over again?
Or, to put it another way: Why do you keep regurgitating the same old stuff you read on all the anti-JW propaganda hate sites? Is it because you let them do your thinking for you?
The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of any of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in the Watchtower.(Watchtower, Nov. 1 1931 p. 327)
TRUE or FALSE
stup

Anonymous Proxy

#10 Nov 12, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the anti-JW propaganda you absolutely HAVE to think for yourself to become a JW rather than just accepting all the anti-JW negative propaganda.
A simple question: do you think for yourself as an anti-JW propaganda fanatic being that you come up with all the exact same points that all of you always come up with all the time and over and over again?
Or, to put it another way: Why do you keep regurgitating the same old stuff you read on all the anti-JW propaganda hate sites? Is it because you let them do your thinking for you?
Another gem Gareth:

"The resolutions adopted by conventions of God's anointed people, booklets, magazines, and books published by them, contain the message of God's truth and are from the almighty God, Jehovah, and provided by him through Christ Jesus and his under officers. This shows the grand and glorious organization working in exact harmony, as indeed it must work. These instruments being provided by Jehovah, and placed in the hand of the remnant, the remnant or 'servant' class is commanded to use the same. the interpretation of prophecy, therefore is not from man, but is from Jehovah; and Jehovah causes events to come to pass in fulfillment of the prophecy in due time. It is His truth and not man's; and when men attempt to give the honor and glory for the message of truth to a man or men, such make fools of themselves. Jehovah provides the machinery, the printing presses, and all material for the purpose of preparing his fiery message that must be poured out or scattered upon 'Christendom', and this is done by his 'faithful servant' class." (Watchtower May 1, 1938 p 143)
stup

Anonymous Proxy

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the anti-JW propaganda you absolutely HAVE to think for yourself to become a JW rather than just accepting all the anti-JW negative propaganda.
A simple question: do you think for yourself as an anti-JW propaganda fanatic being that you come up with all the exact same points that all of you always come up with all the time and over and over again?
Or, to put it another way: Why do you keep regurgitating the same old stuff you read on all the anti-JW propaganda hate sites? Is it because you let them do your thinking for you?
So Gareth, your organization claims it is not man's opinion and even goes so far as saying the WTS publications are from Jehovah Himself.

So, how do you explain the numerous errors and failed "utterances" found the WTS publications?

How did the WTS leadership make a mistake thinking their words were God's words?
Jace

Harrisonburg, VA

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
Fixed it for ya!
You are so mean!!!!!!

Great post loved it
Jace

Harrisonburg, VA

#13 Nov 12, 2012
stup wrote:
<quoted text>
The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of any of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in the Watchtower.(Watchtower, Nov. 1 1931 p. 327)
TRUE or FALSE
Great post

When a writer of any publications tells his readers this in regards to his published works. It is sad
Jace

Harrisonburg, VA

#14 Nov 12, 2012
stup wrote:
<quoted text>
Another gem Gareth:
"The resolutions adopted by conventions of God's anointed people, booklets, magazines, and books published by them, contain the message of God's truth and are from the almighty God, Jehovah, and provided by him through Christ Jesus and his under officers. This shows the grand and glorious organization working in exact harmony, as indeed it must work. These instruments being provided by Jehovah, and placed in the hand of the remnant, the remnant or 'servant' class is commanded to use the same. the interpretation of prophecy, therefore is not from man, but is from Jehovah; and Jehovah causes events to come to pass in fulfillment of the prophecy in due time. It is His truth and not man's; and when men attempt to give the honor and glory for the message of truth to a man or men, such make fools of themselves. Jehovah provides the machinery, the printing presses, and all material for the purpose of preparing his fiery message that must be poured out or scattered upon 'Christendom', and this is done by his 'faithful servant' class." (Watchtower May 1, 1938 p 143)
And the wt writers have never renounced this foolish view towards thier published material

When you present this to bible scholars and biblical researcher they ate like what the heck are these clowns writers talking about making such asinine statements

The rank and file jw has no idea how ignorant it sounds for any writer of any Book to make such claims
bystander no more

Sacramento, CA

#15 Nov 12, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the anti-JW propaganda you absolutely HAVE to think for yourself to become a JW rather than just accepting all the anti-JW negative propaganda...
That is so true!

The parable of the 2 roads in Matthew 7:13,14 says it all.

The vast majority of mankind are like the herd of swine running over the cliff.(Matt 8:32)

Only a small flock of sheep will find the road to life.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#16 Nov 12, 2012
bystander no more wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so true!
The parable of the 2 roads in Matthew 7:13,14 says it all.
The vast majority of mankind are like the herd of swine running over the cliff.(Matt 8:32)
Only a small flock of sheep will find the road to life.
Please prove to us why you are considered the only sheep. The bible says that WHOSOEVER believes in Jesus will have eternal life, and yes, we know that once you truly believe in Jesus you will spread his word to anyone you can. So please show me, from the bible, where WHOSOEVER applies only to Jehovah's Witnesses. If you can do this, you will be the first one who has even tried.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 12, 2012
stup wrote:
<quoted text>
So Gareth, your organization claims it is not man's opinion and even goes so far as saying the WTS publications are from Jehovah Himself.
So, how do you explain the numerous errors and failed "utterances" found the WTS publications?
How did the WTS leadership make a mistake thinking their words were God's words?
You are misrepreenting what they actually said using out of context quotes.

You all do this with exactly the same quotes.

Mindless much?

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 12, 2012
***
*** GENERAL ADVICE:
***

Rather than listen to out-of-context quotes coloured with ridicule and prejudice, people can judge for themselves the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses by reading WHOLE PUBLICATIONS and so getting the proper context of the statements.

Jehovah's Witnesses:
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/

Jehovah's Witnesses' publications:
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/

Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible teachings:
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#19 Nov 12, 2012
The Real Karen wrote:
Please prove to us why you are considered the only sheep. The bible says that WHOSOEVER believes in Jesus will have eternal life, and yes, we know that once you truly believe in Jesus you will spread his word to anyone you can. So please show me, from the bible, where WHOSOEVER applies only to Jehovah's Witnesses. If you can do this, you will be the first one who has even tried.
Believing is NOT enough according to the Bible.

Just because you believe that does NOT force you to spread the word. Jesus said so himself.

So you are wrong on all counts.

In order to be saved you have to OBEY Jesus and OBEY Jehovah.

That means becoming a true Christian, a member of the Christian cobgregation that Jesus is heading right now.

So you need to identify that congregation amid all of the counterfeit ones.

I say that Jehovah's Witnesses are the true congregation of Christ.

Here is my evidence:

Jehovah's Witnesses:
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/

Jehovah's Witnesses' publications:
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/

Jehovah's Witnesses' Bible teachings:
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/
stup

Anonymous Proxy

#21 Nov 12, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are misrepreenting what they actually said using out of context quotes.
You all do this with exactly the same quotes.
Mindless much?
No I'm not.

But go ahead and give us your context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's talk logic and objectivity 6 min truthsetsfree 61
Found this today about Gods name. 8 min The Real Karen 3,742
The 1975 guess; exaggerated by the brainless. 13 min Chiropractor of JWs 142
Jehovah's Witness parents who care 20 min The Real Karen 6
Jehovah's Witness Leaders Accused Of Covering U... 31 min array 35
If only the Judge could return 1 hr sidgi 5
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 1 hr little lamb 554
WOE!! WOE!! WOE!! to the apostates! 1 hr little lamb 101
Photo of redhorsewoman 2 hr Bartholomew 216
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael 9 hr array 2,434
More from around the web