Are Jehovah's Witnesses...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#1 Feb 8, 2014
a high control group or are they just misunderstood?
elias miller

AOL

#2 Feb 8, 2014
j.w's are so far from the real gospel ,it's pathetic

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 8, 2014
UNchained wrote:
It depends what you mean by "high control group".

They stick rigidly to Jesus Christ's commands, Bible standards and adhere to the ways of the Bible Christians.

They get criticized and called all sorts of names for that.

“Family comes First”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 8, 2014
UNchained wrote:
They are a high control group. They are so far removed from the beliefs and practises of the early Christians as to be farcical. They practise date-setting ad nauseum, split families with their unbiblical shunning policies and are generally anti-social in the extreme.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#5 Feb 8, 2014
Yet god has placed his name Jehovah on them

And that is from God..and Jehovah is jealous for his name

Jehovah has always dealt with the Leadership of Israel whether they were good or bad...and he always protected those who loved his name

So what a privilege to have Jehovah gods name called upon one.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#6 Feb 8, 2014
little lamb wrote:
And that is from God..and Jehovah is jealous for his name
Jehovah has always dealt with the Leadership of Israel whether they were good or bad...and he always protected those who loved his name
So what a privilege to have Jehovah gods name called upon one.
Prove that God has placed His name on the Jehovah's Witness denomination.

*** If the Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to prove that Isaiah 43:10 refers to an American denomination founded in the late 1800's by a young man in Pennsylvania, please read Isaiah 42:18 through Isaiah 45:5 and you will see who Isaiah 43:10 is making reference to - the nation of Israel.

Furthermore, if the Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to prove that God cast off the nation of Israel from His favor, please read Romans 9:1 through Romans 11:36 and you will see that the Jehovah's Witnesses are lying in an attempt to prove they are the only Christians on earth.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#7 Feb 8, 2014
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
*** If the Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to prove that Isaiah 43:10 refers to an American denomination founded in the late 1800's by a young man in Pennsylvania, please read Isaiah 42:18 through Isaiah 45:5 and you will see who Isaiah 43:10 is making reference to - the nation of Israel.
Furthermore, if the Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to prove that God cast off the nation of Israel from His favor, please read Romans 9:1 through Romans 11:36 and you will see that the Jehovah's Witnesses are lying in an attempt to prove they are the only Christians on earth.
Isaiah 52 [5]"Now therefore, what do I have here," declares Jehovah

, "seeing that My people have been taken away without cause?"

Again Jehovah declares, "Those who rule over them howl, and My name is continually blasphemed all day long

[. 6 ] "Therefore My people shall know My name; therefore in that day I am the one who is speaking,'Here I am.'"

[ 7 ]How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace And brings good news of happiness, Who announces salvation, And says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"…

Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#8 Feb 8, 2014

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 52 [5]"Now therefore, what do I have here," declares Jehovah
, "seeing that My people have been taken away without cause?"
Again Jehovah declares, "Those who rule over them howl, and My name is continually blasphemed all day long
[. 6 ] "Therefore My people shall know My name; therefore in that day I am the one who is speaking,'Here I am.'"
[ 7 ]How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him who brings good news, Who announces peace And brings good news of happiness, Who announces salvation, And says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"…
Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will
I knew you couldn't prove the Watchtower Society's false doctrine of how the Jehovah's Witnesses received their name.

Jehovah's Witnesses received their name from J.F. Rutherford.

God had nothing to do with it.
Honest JW

Sebastopol, CA

#9 Feb 8, 2014
UNchained wrote:
Jehovah put the Governing Body in charge of his Witnesses. If you consider this high control, then from a worldly standpoint the answer is yes.
red blood relative

United States

#10 Feb 8, 2014
little lamb wrote:
And that is from God...
hey unchained,...and she claims she doesn't drink or take drugs !!!
maybe she should try it the other way around for a while...... maybe it would help.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#11 Feb 8, 2014
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a huge STRAW MAN.

Jehovah's Witnesses have NEVER claimed that "Isaiah 43:10 refers to an American denomination founded in the late 1800's by a young man in Pennsylvania".

It clearly refers to the nation of Israel and Jehovah's Witnesses have never said differently.

BUT Isaiah 43:10 does teach us that God thinks of his people as his "witnesses" - people who sanctify his name.

That's what Jehovah's Witnesses do, they sanctify God's name and act as his witnesses following the example of Jesus Christ the "faithful and true witness".

*** Rev 3:14 "... These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;"
red blood relative

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2014
Honest JW wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah put the Governing Body in charge of his Witnesses. If you consider this high control, then from a worldly standpoint the answer is yes.
just wondering........ ummm, when did god put the jw gov body in charge of his witnesses?
was there a particular date you had in mind?....... was it when rutherford got really drunk and named his followers jehovahs witnesses [tm] right after he built his mansion in sandiego ?
i heard it was during one of his assemblies, where the fire was coming down from heaven cause he was the two witnesses of rev 11.
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#14 Feb 9, 2014
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a huge STRAW MAN.
Jehovah's Witnesses have NEVER claimed that "Isaiah 43:10 refers to an American denomination founded in the late 1800's by a young man in Pennsylvania".
It clearly refers to the nation of Israel and Jehovah's Witnesses have never said differently.
BUT Isaiah 43:10 does teach us that God thinks of his people as his "witnesses" - people who sanctify his name.
That's what Jehovah's Witnesses do, they sanctify God's name and act as his witnesses following the example of Jesus Christ the "faithful and true witness".
*** Rev 3:14 "... These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;"
You should know by now that your lies can easily be exposed by the Watchtower Society's publications...

“‘YOU are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah,‘even my servant whom I have chosen.’”(Isaiah 43:10) This declaration by Jehovah, recorded by the prophet Isaiah in the eighth century B.C.E., shows that Jehovah’s ancient covenant people were a nation of witnesses. They were God’s chosen servant.

Some 2,600 years later, in 1931, anointed Christians publicly declared that these words applied to them.
They took the name Jehovah’s Witnesses
Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for All Mankind II
Page 30
Paragraph 1

Isaiah reveals that Jehovah would call them his witnesses:“‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah,‘even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that you may know and have faith in me, and that you may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.... So you are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah,‘and I am God.’”(Isa. 43:10-12)

There is just one congregation serving as His witnesses in these latter days. In the 175 lands where they declare abroad Jehovah’s excellencies they are known as Jehovah’s witnesses.
9/15/60 Watchtower
Page 558
Paragraph 4

The good news of the Kingdom is a witness to all men and a basis for their judgment, so this must continue to be preached by the worldwide society of Jehovah’s witnesses, who demonstrate their love for Jehovah and their zeal for righteousness by doing this work.
The words “You are my witnesses” apply to dedicated Christians, spiritual Israelites, in this time of the end.(Isa. 43:10-12)
9/15/65 Watchtower
Page 573

Accordingly, in 1931, after years of service in that capacity, this remnant of dedicated, baptized, anointed Christians declared their responsibility before the whole world by embracing the name provided in the Scriptures, that is, Jehovah’s witnesses. They acknowledged to God that he was saying to them by the afore-quoted prophecy:“You are my witnesses,”“my servant.”
11/1/61
Page 654
Paragraph 25
UNchained

Loudon, TN

#15 Feb 9, 2014
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is from God...
red blood relative wrote:
<quoted text>
hey unchained,...and she claims she doesn't drink or take drugs !!!
maybe she should try it the other way around for a while...... maybe it would help.
She drinks Watchtower kool-aid by the gallon.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#16 Feb 9, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Rutherford did that.

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#17 Feb 9, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Yet god has placed his name Jehovah on them.
I thought Judge Rutherford did that when they pulled away from the Bible Students.

sidgi

“Truth is where you find it”

Since: Jun 11

Milton, PA

#18 Feb 9, 2014
-Drizzt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rutherford did that.
great minds......:-)
jace

Clinton, MD

#19 Feb 9, 2014
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>This is a huge STRAW MAN.

Our boy is running from his denomination
jace

Clinton, MD

#20 Feb 9, 2014
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>This is a huge STRAW MAN.

Duhhhh

Folks have been telling jw for decades the text don't apply to you guys
But the Jews

But you march it out all the time knowing full well as you have publicly admitted. I t don't apply us

Just taking bible text and using however you guys want to
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#21 Feb 9, 2014
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Judge Rutherford did that when they pulled away from the Bible Students.
sidgi
John 3:27

To this John replied, "A person can receive only what is given them from heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ecclesiastes 9:5 Dead have no consciousness 2 min rsss1 235
Just WHERE are the 'Immortal Souls' of Adam & Eve? (Nov '16) 6 min wow 1,767
The TRUTH or Just Roving About?? 6 min PrufSammy 124
GB: "Three Nights" Explained = Biblical Authority 9 min Veganman222 1
Run, run, RUN, Churchoids! 25 min rsss1 125
JWs are so correct that Jesus is Michael? 35 min rsss1 562
"RESURRECTION"- meaningless in Churchianity! 44 min wow 214
If Jesus is NOT Your Mediator, How Can you Pray... 54 min wow 204
Read all about it: The WTS ADMITS THAT JESUS IS... 1 hr rsss1 215
News Family of Jehovah's Witness who died after refu... 1 hr wow 67