JW DO NOT UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURE here's...

JW DO NOT UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURE here's why .

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 122
Next Last
Pat

AOL

#1 May 21, 2014
Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"

Jesus says that God will never forgive a person who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit.

You cannot commit blasphemy against a force .

Jesus says the Holy Spirit will comfort us when we're hurting

Jesus also says the Spirit will help us recall the things we've learned about God

In John 16, Jesus refers to the Spirit as a "Counselor" who will guide us in our everyday lives. One way he'll guide us is by convicting us of sin (16:8

As the Bible makes a distinction between the Father and the Son, both being distinct “persons”, the Holy Spirit is also a distinct person. One God, three person, co-equal of one nature and essence, this is the nature of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit dwells in the believer, perfecting us for the day of Redemption.
The attributes given to the Spirit can only be given to a person, not an inanimate force. For example, the Holy Spirit grieves, searches, talks and teaches.

He grieves with our actions and language.(Also Hebrew 10:29)
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption Ephesians 4:30

He intercedes for us with groaning, prompting us to pray,(Romans 8:26)
He searches our hearts (Romans 8:27)
He talks to us (Acts 13;2, 16:6-7, Revelation 2:7)
He teaches all things (John 14:26)
He reminds us of scripture (John 14:26)
The Holy Spirit cannot teach if He is not allowed in , if He is denied .
JW cannot understand the Trinity or any other spiritual thing because they have not God's Holy Spirit and they will regret it one day .
JW say prove it we don't have to prove anything that is the Holy Spirits work to reveal .God has given us all the proof anyone needs in HIS WORD .UNTIL THEY ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT to come in they will continue in blindness and mockery and yes blasphemy .

Since: Dec 07

Melbourne, Australia

#2 May 22, 2014
And who decided that these writings should be part of Scripture?

Doug

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3 May 22, 2014
Pat wrote:
Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"
Jesus says that God will never forgive a person who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit.
Jesus also says the Spirit will help us recall the things we've learned about God
In John 16, Jesus refers to the Spirit as a "Counselor" who will guide us in our everyday lives. One way he'll guide us is by convicting us of sin (16:8
As the Bible makes a distinction between the Father and the Son, both being distinct “persons”, the Holy Spirit is also a distinct person. One God, three person, co-equal of one nature and essence, this is the nature of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit dwells in the believer, perfecting us for the day of Redemption.
The attributes given to the Spirit can only be given to a person, not an inanimate force. For example, the Holy Spirit grieves, searches, talks and teaches.
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption Ephesians 4:30
JW cannot understand the Trinity or any other spiritual thing because they have not God's Holy Spirit and they will regret it one day .
JW say prove it we don't have to prove anything that is the Holy Spirits work to reveal .God has given us all the proof anyone needs in HIS WORD .UNTIL THEY ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT to come in they will continue in blindness and mockery and yes blasphemy .
The Holy Spirit carries out Jehovah's will and purpose. Deliberately fighting Jehovah's will or purpose or attributing it to something evil is blaspheming the spirit, because you are fighting against Jehovah's will and purpose.

Paul made that clear

1 Tim 1:13 "although formerly I was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insolent man. Nevertheless, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance"

If Paul had been deliberate in his persecution of the Christians he would have been shown mercy because he would have blasphemed against the spirit.

Holy spirit cannot be a person for another simple reason it would make Holy Spirit the highest and most important of all three of your almighty God's

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4 May 22, 2014
Hmm, jehovahs spirit is what helped stop the nazi rule and concentration camps. Those bad and evil soldiers.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#5 May 22, 2014
Jesus says " His sheep hear his voice and follow him'

And that God has placed all judging into his hands

I haven't read in scripture anywhere that he has placed all judging into Pats hands.

In fact if one is listening to Jesus he actually says " Stop judging that you may not be judged and stop condemning and you won't be condemned'
jace

Washington, DC

#6 May 22, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Spirit carries out Jehovah's will and purpose. Deliberately fighting Jehovah's will or purpose or attributing it to something evil is blaspheming the spirit, because you are fighting against Jehovah's will and purpose.

Paul made that clear

1 Tim 1:13&#8239;"although formerly I was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insolent man. Nevertheless, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance"

If Paul had been deliberate in his persecution of the Christians he would have been shown mercy because he would have blasphemed against the spirit.

Holy spirit cannot be a person for another simple reason it would make Holy Spirit the highest and most important of all three of your almighty God's
You make and excellent point

Unfortunately you confuse repeatedly what the bible says with what the wt editorial staff says

And the facts are they are not Always mutually the same

Yet jw will argue they are TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF

And it's like we kept telling Jw it was not supported by the bible

But they had to carry the wt writers water anyway

Location hidden

#7 May 22, 2014
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
You make and excellent point
Unfortunately you confuse repeatedly what the bible says with what the wt editorial staff says
And the facts are they are not Always mutually the same
Yet jw will argue they are TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF
And it's like we kept telling Jw it was not supported by the bible
But they had to carry the wt writers water anyway
Were was the WT quote? I quoted the bible
Pat

AOL

#8 May 22, 2014
little lamb wrote:
Jesus says " His sheep hear his voice and follow him'
And that God has placed all judging into his hands
I haven't read in scripture anywhere that he has placed all judging into Pats hands.
In fact if one is listening to Jesus he actually says " Stop judging that you may not be judged and stop condemning and you won't be condemned'
SCRIPTURES CONDEMN THEM THAT IS NOT PAT .
as for judging you are one of the worst on ths forum for judging .JW are false teachers God's spirit does not dwell in an unclean temple false teachers are cursed .I did't judge them God's word has condemned them and you as well you're a hypocrite everyone has seen your cruel judging .You're NOT GOD someone needs to remind you .Your cruel words have hurt others that post here you judged them , clean off your own door step , need a broom?
Pat

AOL

#9 May 22, 2014
LL you come on here giving the impression to JW you are one but I do remember reading they tossed you out .THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE JUDGED because they were sick .
little lamb

Port Augusta, Australia

#10 May 22, 2014
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
SCRIPTURES CONDEMN THEM THAT IS NOT PAT .
as for judging you are one of the worst on ths forum for judging .JW are false teachers God's spirit does not dwell in an unclean temple false teachers are cursed .I did't judge them God's word has condemned them and you as well you're a hypocrite everyone has seen your cruel judging .You're NOT GOD someone needs to remind you .Your cruel words have hurt others that post here you judged them , clean off your own door step , need a broom?
Still doesn't distract from the scriptures that say

" all judging has been given into the hands of Jesus"

And that Jesus commands us ' not to judge or condemn'

And what is your response..no agreement just to tell me what you think of me...
little lamb

Port Augusta, Australia

#11 May 22, 2014
Pat wrote:
LL you come on here giving the impression to JW you are one but I do remember reading they tossed you out .THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE JUDGED because they were sick .
Haven't judged anyone because they are sick

Shared the scripture that " by Jesus stripes we are healed.'

They don't want to hear it

People just have got upset, as they have gone everywhere seeking salvation from others yet the benefit was obtained for us two thousand years ago....

I never preach an organization I preach Jesus and his new covenant he mediates and I make known Jehovah Gods name

your problem is that you think that what makes us a witness of Jehovah is the opinion of men ..that is your problem not mine....

you have to learn it is Jehovah who says who is his witnesses , and you have to learn that Jehovah God doesn't answer to any man.

And the wonderful thing I have learned is that Jehovah is a refuge for us..

Wonderful God , a God who delights to save...so much so he sent his only begotten son for us.
jace

Clinton, MD

#12 May 22, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>Were was the WT quote? I quoted the bible
That is exactly right

Disagreeing with some inspired writers for a pamphlet out of NYC does not constitute fighting God
Despite wt claims to the otherwise
jace

Clinton, MD

#13 May 22, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Spirit carries out Jehovah's will and purpose. Deliberately fighting Jehovah's will or purpose or attributing it to something evil is blaspheming the spirit, because you are fighting against Jehovah's will and purpose.

Paul made that clear

1 Tim 1:13&#8239;"although formerly I was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insolent man. Nevertheless, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance"

You state :

"Deliberately fighting Jehovah's will or purpose or attributing it to something evil is blaspheming the spirit, because you are fighting against Jehovah's will and purpose."

Does disagreeing with the uninspired opinion of explanations of bible text by the 7 wt writers out of NYC constitute FIGHTING AGAINST GOD

Location hidden

#14 May 22, 2014
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly right
Disagreeing with some inspired writers for a pamphlet out of NYC does not constitute fighting God
Despite wt claims to the otherwise
That would be of course be unless God commisioned a pamphlet in new york to be written and taken notice of as if from him, wouldn't it?

“Read God's Word”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#15 May 22, 2014
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what I notice - no discussion of scripture, only their interpretation of scripture while they go into personal assaults.
Pat

AOL

#16 May 22, 2014
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
IF SCRIPTURE judges you then your judged .JW do not understand scriptures because the WT HAS LIED TO THEM because of listening to the WT God cannot move in their lives and give them understanding .I am not judging them YOU ARE JUDGING ME .
Pat

AOL

#17 May 23, 2014
TJWandDiva25 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit carries out Jehovah's will and purpose. Deliberately fighting Jehovah's will or purpose or attributing it to something evil is blaspheming the spirit, because you are fighting against Jehovah's will and purpose.
Paul made that clear
WELL YOU SURE INTERPRETED THAT WRONG , but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven ever and is the unforgivable sin .Sin against the Father and son can be forgiven not so with the Holy Spirit .There is no record of Paul blaspheming the Holy Spirit .Why would the Holy Spirit being a person or being called a person he is a spirit person make him higher than God Almighty ?They are equal in nature and essence they share a common will and purpose The father is the authority figure .That idea don't make sense .
Pat

AOL

#18 May 23, 2014
Schleptik wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what I notice - no discussion of scripture, only their interpretation of scripture while they go into personal assaults.
I posted scripture it was on the personhood of the Holy Spirit .I posted scripture showing a force cannot do what the Holy Spirit can , and tell me how does one grieve a force, how can a force speak and teach , how can a force convict and reveal ?How does one lie to a force ?
JW don't understand scripture Jesus said he was flesh and bone JW say nope he was a spirit when Jesus Himself said he was NOT A SPIRIT jw SAy there is no trinty well explain this each of these beings is called God
the Father (1 Peter 1:2), the Son (Acts 20:28; Hebrews 1:8) and the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3,4).
JW SAY NOPE . Jesus said he would return in the clouds and every eye would see him , Jesus said it JW say not so .Scripture says the 144000 will come from the 12 tribes of he children of Israel which are sons of Jacob who was re named Israel JW say hold on we are the 144000 they will be JW'S I mean this could go on and on .

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#19 May 23, 2014
Pat wrote:
How ironic! You are the one who does not understand scripture. Have you ever heard of personification!? The bible does it all the time. By your reasoning, death is literally ruling as king.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless, death ruled as king from Adam down to Moses

Location hidden

#20 May 23, 2014
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>WELL YOU SURE INTERPRETED THAT WRONG , but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven ever and is the unforgivable sin .Sin against the Father and son can be forgiven not so with the Holy Spirit .There is no record of Paul blaspheming the Holy Spirit .Why would the Holy Spirit being a person or being called a person he is a spirit person make him higher than God Almighty ?They are equal in nature and essence they share a common will and purpose The father is the authority figure .That idea don't make sense .
I never said Paul blasphemed the spirit.

He acted on ignorance and was forgiven therefore the opposite would be to act deliberately and not be forgiven.

Willfully going against Jehovah's will and purpose is blaspheming the spirit. This would be another example of the same thing

Hebrews 10: 26"&#8239;For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left"

So this is clearer for you . practicing sin willfully= blaspheming the spirit.

Where does this verse say anything about blaspheming a person?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 122
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Two Creation Stories of Genesis (May '16) 1 min BetheljudgmentDan... 81
Your Conscience Bullseye 14 min BetheljudgmentDan... 1
So how do the Jehovah's feel about Trump 29 min red blood relative 712
Forget the fact. 34 min imagoodboy 274
Has Gsb4040 accepted my attempts at peace? 38 min BetheljudgmentDan... 7
News Jehovah's Witnesses 'demonstrated a serious fai... 49 min FutureMan 72
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 58 min jwtotruth 25,073
The Twinity Dogma- the Most Ridiculous Dogma of... (Mar '15) 1 hr red blood relative 1,176
Are Jehovah's witnesses Hated? 1 hr BetheljudgmentDan... 280
Prime_LA 3 hr Jackie 190
More from around the web