Jehovah's Witness Congregation holdin...

Jehovah's Witness Congregation holding memorial for Jesus

There are 225 comments on the Lakefield Herald story from Mar 7, 2013, titled Jehovah's Witness Congregation holding memorial for Jesus. In it, Lakefield Herald reports that:

The Chemung Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses will be holding a memorial for Jesus Christ's death at the Kingdom Hall located at 1349 Buckhorn Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lakefield Herald.

man_711

Renton, WA

#165 Mar 26, 2013
Kevin 321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you didnt believe in punishment?
Dead with no opportunity of resurrection. Real simple.
man_711

Renton, WA

#166 Mar 26, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
And God will "reward" you for your forgetting about what Jesus told his followers to do at the Memorial.
Told his apostles that he made the new covenant with. 1Cor 11:27 I certainly do not do this.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#167 Mar 26, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text> Told his apostles that he made the new covenant with. 1Cor 11:27 I certainly do not do this.
Where? Point to the verses!

1 Corinthians 11:17-34
New King James Version (NKJV)

Conduct at the Lord’s Supper
17 Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse. 18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. 19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you. 20 Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s Supper. 21 For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.

Institution of the Lord’s Supper
23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said,“Take, eat;[a] this is My body which is broken[b] for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

Examine Yourself
27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood[c] of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner[d] eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s[e] body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

33 Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another. 34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#168 Mar 26, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text> Told his apostles that he made the new covenant with. 1Cor 11:27 I certainly do not do this.
Why not? He said to do this until he returns, he has not returned yet. The new covenant includes those of us who believe in Him.

Location hidden

#169 Mar 26, 2013
"'For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying,‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.' " (Hebrews 8:10-11)

Location hidden

#170 Mar 26, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>Dead with no opportunity of resurrection. Real simple.
Totally unbiblical! Noone gets a pass! Everyone will be resurrected.

Revelation 20:12

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[a] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

Some wont enjoy it as much as others.

John 5:24-30

Life and Judgment Are Through the Son
24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. 25 Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 30 I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

El cacique

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#171 Mar 26, 2013
Pam wrote:
Just remember in God's due time he will exalt us.
For keeping his word and not insulting his provisions for us.
Romans 12:21 read it 3 times in a row.
ROTFLMAO!

At the rate you're going.....The only place you will be exalted to is Gehenna.

What a farce!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#172 Mar 26, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
"'For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying,‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.' " (Hebrews 8:10-11)
. And there would be no need for Churches and teachers.. And yet.. because we are all imperfect..there would still be a need to incite one another to love and fine works... THAT.. does not take a Church..nor an organization..
man_711

Renton, WA

#173 Mar 26, 2013
Kevin 321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? Point to the verses!
17 Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse. 18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. 19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you. 20 Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s Supper. 21 For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk. 22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.
23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said,“Take, eat;[a] this is My body which is broken[b] for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.
Examine Yourself
27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood[c] of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner[d] eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s[e] body. 30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.
33 Therefore, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another. 34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest you come together for judgment. And the rest I will set in order when I come.
"27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood[c] of the Lord. " That's where you just condemned yourself. The sad part is you still don't get it either.
man_711

Renton, WA

#174 Mar 26, 2013
The Real Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? He said to do this until he returns, he has not returned yet. The new covenant includes those of us who believe in Him.
Learn who the covenant was with and what it entails.
man_711

Renton, WA

#175 Mar 26, 2013
For all you geniuses, why were the 12 only there? why not all followers?

Location hidden

#176 Mar 26, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>"27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood[c] of the Lord. " That's where you just condemned yourself. The sad part is you still don't get it either.
"in an unworthy manner "!!!!

Read ALL the verses. What were they doing that made their "manner" unworthy?

Come on man711, I know you see this.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#177 Mar 26, 2013
man_711 wrote:
For all you geniuses, why were the 12 only there? why not all followers?
. Because..it was by them ..he wanted to be remembered.. THEY were his...
man_711

Bothell, WA

#178 Mar 26, 2013
Kevin 321 wrote:
<quoted text>
"in an unworthy manner "!!!!
Read ALL the verses. What were they doing that made their "manner" unworthy?
Come on man711, I know you see this.
I'm getting tired proving you wrong, read your own scripture and you will see there are 2 different things being discussed!

Location hidden

#179 Mar 27, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm getting tired proving you wrong, read your own scripture and you will see there are 2 different things being discussed!
Show us!

Examine Yourself
little lamb

Mentone, Australia

#180 Mar 27, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>"27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood[c] of the Lord. " That's where you just condemned yourself. The sad part is you still don't get it either.
Perfect loves casts out fear..for fear acts as a restraint

" For this is what the love of God means that we observe his commandments."

The discipline of Jehovah ..do not reject.

Location hidden

#181 Mar 27, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. And there would be no need for Churches and teachers.. And yet.. because we are all imperfect..there would still be a need to incite one another to love and fine works... THAT.. does not take a Church..nor an organization..
Amen!!

Location hidden

#182 Mar 27, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>Learn who the covenant was with and what it entails.
The new covenant involves all of us. Read the bible andlearn for yourself instead of listening to the GB aka F&DS who believes the NT was written for them.
cults observer

Medinah, IL

#183 Mar 27, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm getting tired proving you wrong, read your own scripture and you will see there are 2 different things being discussed!
The gigs up kid.You have been exposed as a liar.We have shinned the light on the wt cult and shown it to be evil. Your Welcome!!
Prime

United States

#184 Mar 27, 2013
El caca que habla wrote:
<quoted text>I had to read that 3 times to make sure i got it right.
Too funny!.
It really is funny that you had to read it 3 times to understand it!

Typical for an ignorant jackass like yourself though and really nothing new for you fruitcake!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Jesus? 34 min HopeReigns 308
Did you know magic was ok in the bible sometimes? 36 min knowsnothing 21
Another REASON why the NWT is the best Bible ever! 50 min Wally 1,375
Ransom Sacrifice -- Simple and Short 1 hr ihavequestions 4
How do Jehovah's Witnesses interpret John 2:19? (Mar '09) 1 hr Wally 62
Pantheon of Gods? 3 hr Tony Price 77 1
Per JWs, more than 7 billion poeple conmitted t... 3 hr ihveit 5
News Hate campaign against Jehovah's Witnesses - why? (Aug '06) 9 hr dee rightful 2,339
News Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness ... 9 hr dee rightful 118
Jw pedo cult (Apr '17) 12 hr Spike 123
More from around the web