Jehovah's Witness Congregation holdin...

Jehovah's Witness Congregation holding memorial for Jesus

There are 225 comments on the Lakefield Herald story from Mar 7, 2013, titled Jehovah's Witness Congregation holding memorial for Jesus. In it, Lakefield Herald reports that:

The Chemung Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses will be holding a memorial for Jesus Christ's death at the Kingdom Hall located at 1349 Buckhorn Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lakefield Herald.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Of Course I Jumped On

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Mar 7, 2013
This news article, and sent e-mails to their "editor" and "info" addresses.

It's Jehovah's war!

I'm just proud to play a role!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 7, 2013
I still wonder why it is that they go out and extend the invitation to those that are no part of them.. Jesus.. and his Apostles.. Were the only one attending.. Therefore.. To me that shows..exactly ..who he was speaking to.. They were the ones that would literally serve with him..
. But it does serve to build up the numbers.. And I ecpect that is it's main importance.
man_711

Seattle, WA

#4 Mar 7, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
I still wonder why it is that they go out and extend the invitation to those that are no part of them.. Jesus.. and his Apostles.. Were the only one attending.. Therefore.. To me that shows..exactly ..who he was speaking to.. They were the ones that would literally serve with him..
. But it does serve to build up the numbers.. And I ecpect that is it's main importance.
Because of Jesus words keep do this in remembrance of me.
yahooooo

Schofield, WI

#5 Mar 7, 2013
It disturbing to me that this dangerous cult of jws use JESUS death to luring unsuspecting ones to a kingdom hall,expecting to have a respectful service about JESUS ..

Instead they will get about 10 minutes of falsified incorrect talk about JESUS ....

Then comes what is typical each year ,the reminder is a Elder speaking about jws beliefs and offers free bible studies ..

IT'S all a Ploy and a Scam to lure Unsuspecting ones to the hall to gain free bible studies ..

Location hidden

#6 Mar 7, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>Because of Jesus words keep do this in remembrance of me.
. Umm! no where in that command..was there an extention to include others.. Now if the Apostles were to do it..as they were the ones he was speaking to..as they died that command would die with them..
man_711

Seattle, WA

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Umm! no where in that command..was there an extention to include others.. Now if the Apostles were to do it..as they were the ones he was speaking to..as they died that command would die with them..
Believe what you like. They is NO scripture evidence of what you stated
man_711

Seattle, WA

#8 Mar 8, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact 1COR 11:26 indicates the opposite.
man_711

Seattle, WA

#9 Mar 8, 2013
yahooooo wrote:
It disturbing to me that this dangerous cult of jws use JESUS death to luring unsuspecting ones to a kingdom hall,expecting to have a respectful service about JESUS ..
Instead they will get about 10 minutes of falsified incorrect talk about JESUS ....
Then comes what is typical each year ,the reminder is a Elder speaking about jws beliefs and offers free bible studies ..
IT'S all a Ploy and a Scam to lure Unsuspecting ones to the hall to gain free bible studies ..
How many names do you post your crap under?
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

#10 Mar 8, 2013
Since I am to shed the light on spiritual darkness of ignorance, as a teacher of God's word the Bible in these last days, before Jesus executes everyone who is not a subject of his Kingdom rulership or Jehovah's witnesss.

Everyone is invited to attend the Memorial of Jesus' death, because it is accepting that invitation and being there with us as observers shows you love Jesus for sacrificing his life for everyone or all mankind.
It is only through that sacrifice of his flesh and blood we gain forgiveness from Jehovah God for our sins.

Millions of people read the Christian magazines, Watchtower and Awake plus many other publications of Jehovah's witnesses, many would like to come to the Kingdom hall out of curiosity or to learn their Bible.
To give a public invitation to attend the Memorial of Jesus death or last supper with us, makes it easy for them to be included too.

We also know that people who reject Jehovah God's warning message today will not want to come, they don't need any direction from God's heavenly Kingdom today.
dee lightful

Anderson, SC

#11 Mar 8, 2013
man_711 wrote:
Jesus didn't say turn you backs on the emblems in order to remember me... DUH....
1 Corinthians 11:26 NIV
26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#12 Mar 8, 2013
man_711 wrote:
What are we to do in remembrance of him? Do they actually do it?

Location hidden

#13 Mar 8, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Since I am to shed the light on spiritual darkness of ignorance, as a teacher of God's word the Bible in these last days, before Jesus executes everyone who is not a subject of his Kingdom rulership or Jehovah's witnesss.
Everyone is invited to attend the Memorial of Jesus' death, because it is accepting that invitation and being there with us as observers shows you love Jesus for sacrificing his life for everyone or all mankind.
It is only through that sacrifice of his flesh and blood we gain forgiveness from Jehovah God for our sins.
Millions of people read the Christian magazines, Watchtower and Awake plus many other publications of Jehovah's witnesses, many would like to come to the Kingdom hall out of curiosity or to learn their Bible.
To give a public invitation to attend the Memorial of Jesus death or last supper with us, makes it easy for them to be included too.
We also know that people who reject Jehovah God's warning message today will not want to come, they don't need any direction from God's heavenly Kingdom today.
LOL, do you consider yourself one of the 144,000 JW's that think they are going to be saved ONLY?

I am going to observe the Lords Supper the last Sunday of this month as well.

You said these words..

"It is only through that sacrifice of his flesh and blood we gain forgiveness from Jehovah God for our sins."

But yet you still say that we MUST be a JW or associated with the organization to be saved, which one is it? Through Jesus, or the organization of JW's?

Location hidden

#14 Mar 8, 2013
Luke 22:19
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,“This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said,'Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.' In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying,'This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.' For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes" (I Corinthians 11:23- 26).

He says, Take, Eat with the bread.
He says, This do as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lords Death till he comes.

How can you allow it to pass you by when he says to do it to remember him until he returns?
dee lightful

Anderson, SC

#15 Mar 8, 2013
Matthew 26:26-28 NIV
26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying,“Take and eat; this is my body.”
27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying,“Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
.Isn't the whole purpose of even Christian the need to have forgiveness of sin in order to have an everlasting life?
The scripture says to parkake of his body and blood in not only in remmentrance of him but also for forgiveness of sin.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 8, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact 1COR 11:26 indicates the opposite.
. Thanks.. So often there is no thought given to an answer.. Some how I still believe that he was only speaking to his apostles.. And seems like the bible says. they we are to be convinced as to what we believe.. I am sorry that at the present time .. I am finding to hard to keep a straight line on my thought processes.. Will probably get worse instead of better.. but.. so far I have read 2 or 3 chapters. And i have you to thank for that..
Of Course I Jumped On

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Mar 8, 2013
SOS wrote:
<quoted text>We know its you dougie!!!!!!!
Play with my balls.
Never knew you owned a sporting goods store!

Check back tomorrow!

I just got my first look at the "event" invitation...
Fits this discussion

Monticello, NY

#18 Mar 11, 2013
Today's New Moon is your very own New Moon. Sure, you may be faced with challenges that you never imagined and it seems you are speaking with mothballs in your mouth, but soon you will be able to clear every hurdle placed before you. Plan your strategy and carry it out before the Full Moon in two weeks, when all your gambles will begin to pay off.
man_711

Seattle, WA

#19 Mar 11, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
. Thanks.. So often there is no thought given to an answer.. Some how I still believe that he was only speaking to his apostles.. And seems like the bible says. they we are to be convinced as to what we believe.. I am sorry that at the present time .. I am finding to hard to keep a straight line on my thought processes.. Will probably get worse instead of better.. but.. so far I have read 2 or 3 chapters. And i have you to thank for that..
Well that's who followed him at that time.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 11, 2013
man_711 wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's who followed him at that time.
Some how I think there is a difference in our following in his footsteps... and the command he gave to his personal ..(Apostles on the night of the passover..
We ...are NOT them.. nor will we ever be.. We do know that he chose them.. And that he patitioned his father..for them to be allowed to join him in heaven upon their death.... I do believe that although there is much we can gleen from the Greek Scriptures.. That some of the writings were personal to those back then..and not to us as the reader..
man_711

Seattle, WA

#21 Mar 12, 2013
Maravilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Some how I think there is a difference in our following in his footsteps... and the command he gave to his personal ..(Apostles on the night of the passover..
We ...are NOT them.. nor will we ever be.. We do know that he chose them.. And that he patitioned his father..for them to be allowed to join him in heaven upon their death.... I do believe that although there is much we can gleen from the Greek Scriptures.. That some of the writings were personal to those back then..and not to us as the reader..
Following your logic then NO ONE else partake of the bread or wine then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 1 min BetheljudgmentDan... 4,639
how bout a subject jws wont discuss? 1 min BetheljudgmentDan... 577
Irrefutable reason why Jesus is Michael? 1 min BetheljudgmentDan... 870
Another cold blooded murder by a Jehovahs Witness? 1 min BetheljudgmentDan... 54
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 1 min Joe 2,376
is it possible for 'order' to result from 'rand... 5 min little lamb 6
What "IF" Jesus were literally God Almighty~ 38 min BetheljudgmentDan... 169
News Women to 'never rule' in Jehovah's church 44 min little lamb 61
News What If Jesus Is not God? 2 hr maryam 1,331
Praise Jehovah (Jul '13) 2 hr Dogen 3,556
More from around the web