why cant jws answer simple questions?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#496 Dec 30, 2012
UNchained wrote:
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Matthew 28:19
<quoted text>
It's in the NAME.
Jesus didn't say anywhere in Matthew 28:19 that THE NAME means God or anything of Trinity.

Is your Trinity defense so weak you grab at straws now?

:)

Location hidden

#497 Dec 30, 2012
Lannymac wrote:
<quoted text>
1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
His Father, as well as Himself.
John 17:3 says that both are required. But who did Jesus address as "the only true God"?

John 17:3 Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.

I can tell you are desperately trying to dance around this.

Location hidden

#498 Dec 30, 2012
the fds wrote:
<quoted text>
how dare you be the arbitor for my views - thats what the ORG does for JWS like you. my correction was valid.
Did someone pee in your cornflakes that morning or did you not notice my humor clue?

And you dodged my question:

What verse does EXPLICITLY teach us the Trinity definition?

Location hidden

#499 Dec 30, 2012
the fds wrote:
<quoted text>
crafty
Following your cue.

diogenes

United States

#500 Dec 30, 2012
Something to consider. If Thomas understood Jesus to be almighty god as trinitarians seem to suggest, then why did Thomas vehemently reject the notion of his resurrection? Must have been a troublesome week for Thomas. He lived his entire life devoted to God and yet he believed that Almighty God was dead, killed by roman soldiers, and no one could convince him otherwise.
fds

Neath, UK

#501 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone pee in your cornflakes that morning or did you not notice my humor clue?
Yes i probably did. i missed your humour cue.

“Close enough”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#502 Dec 30, 2012
diogenes wrote:
Something to consider. If Thomas understood Jesus to be almighty god as trinitarians seem to suggest, then why did Thomas vehemently reject the notion of his resurrection? Must have been a troublesome week for Thomas. He lived his entire life devoted to God and yet he believed that Almighty God was dead, killed by roman soldiers, and no one could convince him otherwise.
That is why I ask the question -- how much of Jesus really died?(for three days) How much of him was dead? for three days.
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#503 Dec 30, 2012
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

It's in the NAME.
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't say anywhere in Matthew 28:19 that THE NAME means God or anything of Trinity.
Is your Trinity defense so weak you grab at straws now?
There is one name for the Father, the Son the Holy Spirit.
Lannymac

United States

#504 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
John 17:3 says that both are required. But who did Jesus address as "the only true God"?
John 17:3 Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent.
I can tell you are desperately trying to dance around this.
No disco clown, you're projecting,

I take it the demons jitterbugged your butt away from 1 John 5:20, huh?

Lol...and wouldn't even let you re-post it in your reply.

They inspired you to delete it, because they hate light, just like you.

Maybe one of your dance partners will manifest himself, if I poat it again.

1 Jonn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Go you dancing machine.

“email at [email protected]

Since: Dec 07

central louisiana

#505 Dec 30, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>If only that were the extent of it. There is far more than uttering a concept. The rest is called life. If you believe God is a trinity, stay with it. I am not trying to convince you God is not a trinity. But on the other hand, just as you have your views and explanations, so do I. I don't see the Bible teaches that there is one God in three, or three gods in one.
ihv i wish topix would ban the trinity thing from the jw forum..its a useless discussion because the jws do not have the spirit guiding them

so i will tell you what.. why dont we leave this alone and YOU TEACH ME HOW TO GAIN ETERNAL LIFE..

and can you teach me so that i will know TODAY i have this life?
will

central louisiana

#506 Dec 30, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was not said to be God by Thomas before his resurrection and surprise appearance. And just as the word was God and with God, nothing about the word being equal to God he was with or being three in one or one in three. Jesus did not rebuke Thomas when he called out before or to Jesus, "My God!" because there was nothing to rebuke him about in that statement. Jesus accepted proskyneo, or worshipful address as the representative of the Grand Creator, because that is who he was and is. We must accept the son in order to be pleasing to the Father.
ihv your big problem is YOU HAVE NO VERSE TO SUPPORT JESUS BEING WORSHIPPED.. your fake bible removed this from every verse about him....

as to "my god" study would be important here.. for a jew to call JESUS, GOD AND LORD.. would have gotten him stoned.. but you have to study this the wt wont teach it
will

central louisiana

#507 Dec 30, 2012
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
ihv whne will yuou jws give up on this stupid question?

maybe you would show us A SPECIFIC verse that SPECIFICALLY says the great crowd needs no rebirth? come on now....... jws preach this enough..so show me that verse

will

central louisiana

#508 Dec 30, 2012
Lannymac wrote:
<quoted text>No disco clown, you're projecting,
I take it the demons jitterbugged your butt away from 1 John 5:20, huh?
Lol...and wouldn't even let you re-post it in your reply.
They inspired you to delete it, because they hate light, just like you.
Maybe one of your dance partners will manifest himself, if I poat it again.
1 Jonn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
Go you dancing machine.
LANNY, this verse is SO IMPORTANT to jw doctrine that in 60 years of writing using all their books they use this verse
A WHOLE BUNCH.. like a total of 53 times...

well heck thats about once a year... and i have to wonder if at that them its taken out of context..

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#509 Dec 30, 2012
UNchained wrote:
It's in the NAME.
<quoted text>
The Father's name is Jehovah.

The Son's name is Jesus.

The holy spirit's name????
Lannymac

United States

#510 Dec 30, 2012
ihveit wrote:
<quoted text>
LANNY, this verse is SO IMPORTANT to jw doctrine that in 60 years of writing using all their books they use this verse
A WHOLE BUNCH.. like a total of 53 times...
well heck thats about once a year... and i have to wonder if at that them its taken out of context..
Lol...I can just picture Boni staring at it, like a calf at a new fence.

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#511 Dec 30, 2012
ihveit wrote:
<quoted text>
ihv i wish topix would ban the trinity thing from the jw forum..its a useless discussion because the jws do not have the spirit guiding them
so i will tell you what.. why dont we leave this alone and YOU TEACH ME HOW TO GAIN ETERNAL LIFE..
and can you teach me so that i will know TODAY i have this life?
will
First of all, you know you are alive, don't you? I take the answer will be yes. Even those who are spiritually dead as far as some will say, and who give no thought of owing their life to a creator will say they are alive. That is why I believe some take guns to shoot themselves or others, because sometimes a person doesn't want to be alive. They want to be out of existence. They know they're alive, and then they want to be not alive. Do you think that believing God is a trinity "thing" (using your own words) is important or essential to life everlasting? Question: does a person automatically have, or get, eternal life, one way or the other? And by that I mean, do they automatically get eternal life in heaven or hell? What do you think?

“Close enough”

Location hidden

#512 Dec 30, 2012
ihveit wrote:
<quoted text>
ihv whne will yuou jws give up on this stupid question?
maybe you would show us A SPECIFIC verse that SPECIFICALLY says the great crowd needs no rebirth? come on now....... jws preach this enough..so show me that verse
will
When Jesus was on the earth, he said the Kingdom of God was in their midst. He told Nicodemus, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." So only if a person is born again, can he see the kingdom of God. That is what Jesus said. Also, Jesus said, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe in the good news!" The kingdom of God came near. How close did it come? Did they see the kingdom of God? Notice another scripture regarding the kingdom of God. "saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel." He said when he was on earth that the kingdom of God was at hand. How did he mean that? Did they see the Kingdom? If so, how would you say they saw it? Since Jesus said the kingdom of God was at hand (at 'hand'?), what did he mean by that? Were all those that saw it 'born again'? How would you explain this? So what did Jesus mean when he said, "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is 'born again'" On one hand, let's start there. What do you think Jesus meant when he said, you must be born again to see the kingdom of God?

central louisiana

#514 Dec 30, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you know you are alive, don't you? I take the answer will be yes. Even those who are spiritually dead as far as some will say, and who give no thought of owing their life to a creator will say they are alive. That is why I believe some take guns to shoot themselves or others, because sometimes a person doesn't want to be alive. They want to be out of existence. They know they're alive, and then they want to be not alive. Do you think that believing God is a trinity "thing" (using your own words) is important or essential to life everlasting? Question: does a person automatically have, or get, eternal life, one way or the other? And by that I mean, do they automatically get eternal life in heaven or hell? What do you think?
IHV ACTUALLY i dont believe a belief in the trinity is a requirement for salvation... but i do beleive once one is born from above by the blood of JESUS they will come to know this as fact...

will they be able to fully explain it? nope... will they care? not really... cults are the only ones who focus on the infinite and ignore the simple messages of the bible ..

now i know a lots of preachers have argued this with me,, but they have never told me i cant attend their chruch.. I DONT SPEAK IN TONGUES EITHER but i am also welcome to their chruch

i visited the local KH a very few times.. the last time i was approached by the elders and they invited me not to come back... sitting ther saying nothing was a distraction to the congregation..

go figure.. one thing for sure that little mic on a pole never cane within reaching distance of me . no matter hwo many hands were raised around me
will

central louisiana

#515 Dec 30, 2012
miseracord wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus was on the earth, he said the Kingdom of God was in their midst. He told Nicodemus, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." So only if a person is born again, can he see the kingdom of God. That is what Jesus said. Also, Jesus said, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe in the good news!" The kingdom of God came near. How close did it come? Did they see the kingdom of God? Notice another scripture regarding the kingdom of God. "saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel." He said when he was on earth that the kingdom of God was at hand. How did he mean that? Did they see the Kingdom? If so, how would you say they saw it? Since Jesus said the kingdom of God was at hand (at 'hand'?), what did he mean by that? Were all those that saw it 'born again'? How would you explain this? So what did Jesus mean when he said, "no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is 'born again'" On one hand, let's start there. What do you think Jesus meant when he said, you must be born again to see the kingdom of God?
ihv i have to go but i hope i can find this post tomorrow.. there are several issues you bring up..

in the meantime one thing is quite clear.. if you are NOT BORN AGAIN you will never see or enter that kindgom no matter what it is if you follow the wt gospel...

one more thing to contemplate.. who saw JESUS after the resurrection? i beleiive only those born again because not one mention of him meeting with or allowing them to see him if they werent followers
will
will
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#516 Dec 30, 2012
It's in the NAME.

Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Father's name is Jehovah.
The Son's name is Jesus.
The holy spirit's name????
The union of these three in the form of baptism proves that the Son and Holy Spirit are equal with the Father. Nothing would be more absurd or blasphemous than to unite the name of a creature --a man or an angel--with the name of the ever-living God, in this solemn rite.

If Jesus was a mere man or an angel, as is held by many who deny his Divinity; and if the Holy Spirit was a mere "force" of God; then it would have been the height of absurdity to use a form like this, or to direct the apostles to baptize men to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Invalid Premise 5 min sidgi 28
News End is nigh for Watchtower sign: Iconic placard... 45 min Frindly 7
CHRONOLOGY - Discovering the True Christ 1 hr TempleMicrowave 14
Question about matthew 23:15 1 hr TempleMicrowave 4
Rolf Furuli New Book on book of Daniel part 1 1 hr TempleMicrowave 7
GB: "Three Nights" Explained = Biblical Authority 2 hr BUDGIE 5
New Today music thread 3 hr _bebe girl_ 1,255
Our 2017 Convention - Do not give up - Galatian... 4 hr Jake999 167
The TRUTH or Just Roving About?? 5 hr Jake999 150
News Family of Jehovah's Witness who died after refu... 6 hr Samson 106