why cant jws answer simple questions?
Rudi

Falkirk, UK

#4538 Apr 7, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "questions" are diversion and meaningless. Everyone knows it.
:)
I don't believe you; you say my questions are meaningless because you have no answers!
AngelFire

Australia

#4539 Apr 7, 2013
dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you as does all good people so can you then explain why a JW with stand behind their org that hides and defends a known child abuser? Why does a JW feel they should stand behind such an org and yet blast Catholics who do not stand behind their church for hiding abusers for it is the Catholics who stood up for the love and care of their children rather than trying to saving face of those who do not have any face to save? Do you see the differece between the r/f Catholic and the r/f JW?
Are you saying this miserable cretin, Wondering, is a JW? Oh that's hilarious. Bonni will be so proud. She was doing great until re the Sabbath now this waste of space has showed up. Poor Bonni.

Yes, Christendom admits to its wrongs, past and present, and tries to correct it. This is opposed to many faiths burying historical records and hoping no one finds them so they can point the bone at everyone else.

Wondering is the sort of fanatical sick head that actually stalks people and likes to make empty threats, just to prove a point. I have reported him and when I get to work I will report him again, not that I think he has the brains to find out where my rerouted ITP addy comes from.

I think we should stop repling to his aimless blather.
Rudi

Falkirk, UK

#4540 Apr 7, 2013
Boni wrote:
... continued
<quoted text>
Let's look at that too.
1Co 16:2 On the first day of each week, you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. Don't wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.
The mention of "the first day of each week" should be clear enough for you what day of the week is referenced here. No way that it is the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week.
Now, Rev 1:10 mentions that John saw these visions on the "Lord's Day".
Certainly by John's time term "Lord's Day" became synonymous with "Sunday" with the Christians. As Justin Martyr's First Apology above brings out, what Christian's called "the Lord's Day" was "Sunday" to the unchristian world. But both meant the same day.
Nothing you mentioned is scriptural evidence that the seventh-day Sabbath was abolished or nailed to the cross, or its solemnity was transferred to Sunday. Christians can meet any time during the week besides the seventh-day Sabbath, however, the seventh-day Sabbath is the ONLY day God blessed, sanctified and made holy, and required to be kept.

You didn't come up with a single piece of scripture from the Bible that says that! Why? Because there IS NONE!
AngelFire

Australia

#4541 Apr 7, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
Rudi still has not addressed Bonnis points that go back further than even this post. All he has done is handwaved it away and quote mined OT scriptures out of context.
<quoted text>
Rudi would rather evoke old law and remain in slavery totally rejecting the Sabbath rest Jesus has offered to him.
I doubt this is Rudis only flaw. Rudi will not be judged for keeping the Sabbath, as the scriptures indicate we should not judge him over it. That does not mean that God will not judge him over it.
It seems exceedingly strange that Bible-believing Christians should advocate such a view, when the New Testament makes it abundantly clear that the believer in Christ is not any longer under the Mosaic law in its entirety… Indeed after having been delivered from the law, to deliberately place ourselves once again under its control is said to be “falling from grace.”
Romans 8:2-4. For the law of the life-giving Spirit in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3 For God achieved what the law could not do because it was weakened through the flesh. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the righteous requirement of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
It is clear that Rudi still walks according to the flesh and refuses to walk according to the spirit because that tickles his ears and offers an excuse to parrot off is condemnation hubris.
I doubt Rudi or any Sabbo even knows what walking according to the spirit means!
Let's have guesses as to what Rudi comes back with next. I'd rather stay with the Sabbath than speak to morons that think baby rapists should be let free..

It seems some JWs don't even realize we are in batting for them for a change on this issue of the Sabbath. Thick as bricks, some of them, especially the pretenders!

My guess is Rudi will come back with sectist ignorance and repetitive tail chasing. I have guessed that before and been proven right every time.
Rudi

Falkirk, UK

#4542 Apr 7, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Mar 12:28 One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the debate. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
Mar 12:29 Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this:'Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD. 30 And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.' 31 The second is equally important:'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."
Mar 12:32 The teacher of religious law replied, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth by saying that there is only one God and no other. 33 And I know it is important to love Him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law."
Mar 12:34 Realizing how much the man understood, Jesus said to him, "You are not far from the Kingdom of God." And after that, no one dared to ask Him any more questions.
How do you demonstrate that you love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength?

Answer:

"2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." (Ex. 20:2-11, KJV)

How do demonstrate that you love your neighbor as yourself?

Answer:

"12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." (Ex. 20:12-17, KJV)

I am afraid, there is no other way! If you ignore the Scriptures, you ignore God Himself!
Rudi

Falkirk, UK

#4543 Apr 7, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't. And anything they say that is counter to Scriptures should not be taken seriously.
BUT WHAT I QUOTED from the Anti-Nicene writings DO NOT CONTRADICT SCRIPTURE. What they do is SUPORT SCRIPTURE IN CONTRADICTION OF YOU.
That is the significant difference you refuse to see. And demonstrates your additional prejudice against historical facts besides Scripture that counter your theories.
Please could you give me the full quotes (volume, chapter and page numbers) so I can look them up? Thanks!
Waitingand Wondering

United States

#4544 Apr 7, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying this miserable cretin, Wondering, is a JW? Oh that's hilarious. Bonni will be so proud. She was doing great until re the Sabbath now this waste of space has showed up. Poor Bonni.
Yes, Christendom admits to its wrongs, past and present, and tries to correct it. This is opposed to many faiths burying historical records and hoping no one finds them so they can point the bone at everyone else.
Wondering is the sort of fanatical sick head that actually stalks people and likes to make empty threats, just to prove a point. I have reported him and when I get to work I will report him again, not that I think he has the brains to find out where my rerouted ITP addy comes from.
I think we should stop repling to his aimless blather.
For Your sake, employ a body guard if you can afford it.
AngelFire

Australia

#4545 Apr 7, 2013
Rudi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you mentioned is scriptural evidence that the seventh-day Sabbath was abolished or nailed to the cross, or its solemnity was transferred to Sunday. Christians can meet any time during the week besides the seventh-day Sabbath, however, the seventh-day Sabbath is the ONLY day God blessed, sanctified and made holy, and required to be kept.
You didn't come up with a single piece of scripture from the Bible that says that! Why? Because there IS NONE!
Yes Bonni did provide scriptural evidence to demonstrate the entire law was abolished and that yoru waffle abotu moral law divisions was your own SDA fabrication, and so have well all. You are just too ignorant, arrogant and uneducated to realize it.

Here is a snip from Bonni that you totally ignored...
1) Why do you arbitrarily presume there were two separate sets of laws?

I've shown you Biblically that the Jews did not have nor differentiate between a "Moral Law" and a "Mosaic Law". Therefore, those were arbitrary terms you made up in order to support your fallacies.

To bolster my point further, consider what happened at Exodus.
Ex 24:3 And Moses came and told the people all the words of Jehovah, and all the ordinances: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which Jehovah hath spoken will we do. 4 And Moses wrote all the words of Jehovah, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the mount, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Ten Commandments was part of "all the ordinances" (The Mosaic Law) to which the Israelites agreed to all of them together. "All the ordiances" were " all the words of Jehovah", not a "Moral Law" and a "Mosaic Law".

You bark your insistence of this as facts but all such proof is lacking. You make appears that their has to be but you lack to show EXPLICIT Old Testament proof of such.
Then there is more for you to ignore and keep barking over..

Deut 5:1-6:25: Are two whole chapters that deal exclusively with the 10 commandments:

Most importantly please notice that these two chapters, that deal exclusively with the 10 commandments, starts off with "statutes and the ordinances" and does not use the word "Law" or "Commandments". This is most troubling and confusing to
Sabbatarians who view the 10 commandments as "Law" or "Commandments" and not as "statutes and the ordinances"

The word "Law" is never found in the two chapters!
It begins calling the 10 commandments statutes and the ordinances (5:1) and concludes the section calling the 10 commandments "God commanded us to observe all these statutes"

Through out the two chapter section the following 5 terms are used interchangeably: "statutes", "ordinances", "commandments", "judgments", "testimonies".

Most troubling for the Sabbatarian who want to create a false distinction between 10 commandments and the ceremonial law, all these 5 terms are applied exclusively to the 10 commandments, yet Adventists would normally apply 4 of the 5 terms exclusively to what they falsely label the ceremonial law.

Within the two chapters, the exclusive context is the 10 commandments and no "ceremonial laws" are recorded! This means that Seventh-day Adventists cannot try to say, as they do in other passages, that the term, "commandments" applies to the ten commandments and the terms, "statutes", "ordinances", "judgments", "testimonies" refers to the ceremonial laws listed in the two chapters. But none are listed, only the 10 commandments!

http://www.bible.ca/7-10-commandments-called-...

Deuteronomy chapters 5-6 proves interchangeability of terms and disproves any distinction between the 10 commandments and what Sabbatarians falsely call the ceremonial law.
Rudi

Falkirk, UK

#4546 Apr 7, 2013
Boni wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa your horses!
That's a weak argument to stand on saying that Paul never instructed the Christians to NOT TO OBSERVE the Sabbath. It is simply not written. Just as it is simply not written that Paul never instructed the Christians to not follow other features of the Mosaic Law, such as animal sacrifices, Passover, etc. But considering that the Christians understood the total fulfillment of the Mosaic Law in Jesus' sacrifice, it ought to go without further explanation that the Christians stopped following the Jewish form of religious observance.
Furthermore, that's negation fallacy. It's like saying that since no one has disproved that Elvis is not alive on Mars, then Elvis still lives!
Better to argue in the presence of evidence instead of arguing from a lack of evidence, Rudi. Your Sabbath theories ought to be based on EXPLICIT data rather than on supposition.
And the evidence that's been shown before you is that the Christians meet together on Sundays. The Jews continued in their meeting together on the Sabbath.
The Jews where not Christians. So why act like them one day of the week which the primitive Christians didn't act like them?
Boni, let me put it this way. For argument sake, let's say in the UK the maximum speed limit is 70 mph and the government decided to change the speed limit to 60 mph. Don't you think the government would let the nation know by advertizing in official papers, radio and tv and by all other means possible before they implement the new law? They will have to! So it is with God. If God were to abolish or change the seventh-day Sabbath or any other comandment, He would have made it clear by giving an express command to that effect; but it is not so!
AngelFire

Australia

#4547 Apr 7, 2013
Rudi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you; you say my questions are meaningless because you have no answers!
No Bonni says your questions are meaningless because they are ignorant evasions of sound scriptural evidence that you are a stubborn and ignorant mule. You think your evasive blather provides more than an opportunity for you to save face on forum when you have been scripturally proven WRONG.

Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them: "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the ordinances which I am speaking today in your hearing, that you may learn them and observe them carefully. " (Deuteronomy 5:1)
'But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess.' " (Deuteronomy 5:31)
"You shall walk in all the way which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you will possess." (Deuteronomy 5:33)
"Now this is the commandment, the statutes and the judgments which the Lord your God has commanded me to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you are going over to possess it, so that you and your son and your grandson might fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. " (Deuteronomy 6:1-2)
"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. " (Deuteronomy 6:6)
"You should diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and His testimonies and His statutes which He has commanded you. " (Deuteronomy 6:17)
"When your son asks you in time to come, saying,'What do the testimonies and the statutes and the judgments mean which the Lord our God commanded you?' " (Deuteronomy 6:20)
"So the Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God for our good always and for our survival, as it is today. "It will be righteousness for us if we are careful to observe all this commandment before the Lord our God, just as He commanded us." (Deuteronomy 6:24-25)

Deuteronomy chapters 5-6 proves interchangeability of terms and disproves any distinction between the 10 commandments and what Sabbatarians falsely call the ceremonial law.
Prime

United States

#4548 Apr 7, 2013
Waitingand Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
For Your sake, employ a body guard if you can afford it.
Now that's what the third or fourth time you've threatened AF?

You're an ignorant and stupid fool, not surprising from a run of the mill cultist!

No really moronic jackass doesn't begin to cover what you are!
InChristAlone

Simpsonville, SC

#4549 Apr 7, 2013
I am paraphrasing an actual answer from a JW about this exact thing...

The choices for English words used in the NWT were decided on by the context of what was being discussed. Since "obeisance" and "worship" are both proper renderings of "proskuneo", AND since they believe Christ does not deserve worship, the word must be translated "obeisance" to denote the proper connotation of the text.

Obviously this raises questions about text dictating doctrine or vice-versa, but that was the answer given.
Prime

United States

#4550 Apr 7, 2013
Waitingand Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, You have made threats agaist me, I will find you. Sleep well.
Nobody has made any threats against you idiot!

You putting your twisted words and perverted thoughts into someone else's mouth isn't a threat in any world but the sick one between your ears!
Waitingand Wondering

United States

#4551 Apr 7, 2013
Prime wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has made any threats against you idiot!
You putting your twisted words and perverted thoughts into someone else's mouth isn't a threat in any world but the sick one between your ears!
I have made no threats, All that I have said Is that I will find Angelfire, and that I will do. That is not a threat. that is a promiss.
AngelFire

Australia

#4552 Apr 7, 2013
Prime wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's what the third or fourth time you've threatened AF?
You're an ignorant and stupid fool, not surprising from a run of the mill cultist!
No really moronic jackass doesn't begin to cover what you are!
Thanks Prime. Wondering did in fact threaten me by saying that he would find me and watch out. Indeed if he were stupid enough to find me my mates in the police force will be more than happy to find him soem accommodation. Here is a number he can call:131 444.

Wondering suggests people should rape babies and thinks I should leave his brothers in sickness alone. I hope he calls the number and they trace him.

He is another jackass just like Rudi, but of a different flavour.
AngelFire

Australia

#4553 Apr 7, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
No Bonni says your questions are meaningless because they are ignorant evasions of sound scriptural evidence that you are a stubborn and ignorant mule. You think your evasive blather provides more than an opportunity for you to save face on forum when you have been scripturally proven WRONG.
Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them: "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the ordinances which I am speaking today in your hearing, that you may learn them and observe them carefully. " (Deuteronomy 5:1)
'But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess.' " (Deuteronomy 5:31)
"You shall walk in all the way which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you will possess." (Deuteronomy 5:33)
"Now this is the commandment, the statutes and the judgments which the Lord your God has commanded me to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you are going over to possess it, so that you and your son and your grandson might fear the Lord your God, to keep all His statutes and His commandments which I command you, all the days of your life, and that your days may be prolonged. " (Deuteronomy 6:1-2)
"These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. " (Deuteronomy 6:6)
"You should diligently keep the commandments of the Lord your God, and His testimonies and His statutes which He has commanded you. " (Deuteronomy 6:17)
"When your son asks you in time to come, saying,'What do the testimonies and the statutes and the judgments mean which the Lord our God commanded you?' " (Deuteronomy 6:20)
"So the Lord commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God for our good always and for our survival, as it is today. "It will be righteousness for us if we are careful to observe all this commandment before the Lord our God, just as He commanded us." (Deuteronomy 6:24-25)
Come back Rudi. There is no point sending in your sick reincarnations.

You and your sabbo twoddle are done and dumb sitting alongside each other.
Waitingand Wondering

United States

#4554 Apr 7, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Prime. Wondering did in fact threaten me by saying that he would find me and watch out. Indeed if he were stupid enough to find me my mates in the police force will be more than happy to find him soem accommodation. Here is a number he can call:131 444.
Wondering suggests people should rape babies and thinks I should leave his brothers in sickness alone. I hope he calls the number and they trace him.
He is another jackass just like Rudi, but of a different flavour.
Are you afraid? You say, I Am not afraid. Some would say "YOU WILL BE, YES, YOU WILL BE".
AngelFire

Australia

#4555 Apr 7, 2013
AngelFire wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just going to ignore the Wondering aka Messanger aka Mad bravado of a day time dreamer that is a big hero in his lunch break. Go get a life you silly dork!

Let's get back to this other hero Rudi that has no idea what he is talking about but likes to build his own straw men to climb to glory on.
Rudi

Falkirk, UK

#4556 Apr 8, 2013
Sabbath, the Seal of God

The servants of God are to be sealed in the last days:

"1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." (Rev. 7:1-3, KJV)(See Rev. 14:1; Eze. 9:1-6)

A seal or sign is used with the same meaning in the Bible in connection with laws or legal documents:

"So she wrote letters in Ahab's name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth." (1 Kings 21:8, KJV)
Esther 3:12, "Then were the king's scribes called on the thirteenth day of the first month, and there was written according to all that Haman had commanded unto the king's lieutenants, and to the governors that were over every province, and to the rulers of every people of every province according to the writing thereof, and to every people after their language; in the name of king Ahasuerus was it written, and sealed with the king's ring." (KJV)

Daniel 6:8, "Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not." (KJV)

Note: An official seal must show three things:(1) the name of the law-giver; (2) his official position or title or right to rule; (3) his kingdom or territory over which he rules. For instance:

Person's Name – George Washington
Official – President
Extent of Jurisdiction – United States

The seal of God is connected with His law and is found in the fourth commandment.(Ex. 20:8-11)
Read all the Ten Commandments. Only in the fourth do we find:(1) God's name, "Lord thy God"; (2) His official position, "Creator"; (3) the extent of His domain, heaven and earth.

In Ezekiel 20:12, 13 the Bible speaks of the Sabbath as God's sign (seal).(See Ex. 31:13, 17)

"Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples." (Isa. 8:16, KJV)

The Sabbath is a weekly reminder of God as the Creator, distinguishing Him from all false gods:

"For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens." (Ps. 96:5, KJV)

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;" (Acts 17:24, KJV)(See Jer. 10:10-12)

The Sabbath is thus the seal of God's creative and sanctifying power which is exercised through the Holy Spirit.(Gen. 1:1, 2; Eph. 4:30)

The Passover, a day of special significance in memory of Israel's deliverance from Egypt, was called a sign (or seal) to His people of old.(Ex. 13:3, 9, 10)(See Ex. 12:14)

God's seal is to be placed on the forehead of His ervants before the second coming of Christ:

"Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." (Rev. 7:3, KJV)

Compare verses 1 to 4 with Rev. 14:1 and Rev. 15:2, 3. The 144,000 have the seal of God and also have the victory over the mark of the beast.

(Extr. from KJV)

“email at [email protected]

Since: Dec 07

central louisiana

#4557 Apr 8, 2013
Rudi wrote:
Sabbath, the Seal of God
The servants of God are to be sealed in the last days:
"1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." (Rev. 7:1-3, KJV)(See Rev. 14:1; Eze. 9:1-6)
A seal or sign is used with the same meaning in the Bible in connection with laws or legal documents:
"So she wrote letters in Ahab's name, and sealed them with his seal, and sent the letters unto the elders and to the nobles that were in his city, dwelling with Naboth." (1 Kings 21:8, KJV)
Esther 3:12, "Then were the king's scribes called on the thirteenth day of the first month, and there was written according to all that Haman had commanded unto the king's lieutenants, and to the governors that were over every province, and to the rulers of every people of every province according to the writing thereof, and to every people after their language; in the name of king Ahasuerus was it written, and sealed with the king's ring." (KJV)
Daniel 6:8, "Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not." (KJV)
Note: An official seal must show three things:(1) the name of the law-giver; (2) his official position or title or right to rule; (3) his kingdom or territory over which he rules. For instance:
Person's Name – George Washington
Official – President
Extent of Jurisdiction – United States
The seal of God is connected with His law and is found in the fourth commandment.(Ex. 20:8-11)
Read all the Ten Commandments. Only in the fourth do we find:(1) God's name, "Lord thy God"; (2) His official position, "Creator"; (3) the extent of His domain, heaven and earth.
In Ezekiel 20:12, 13 the Bible speaks of the Sabbath as God's sign (seal).(See Ex. 31:13, 17)
"Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples." (Isa. 8:16, KJV)
The Sabbath is a weekly reminder of God as the Creator, distinguishing Him from all false gods:
"For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens." (Ps. 96:5, KJV)
"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;" (Acts 17:24, KJV)(See Jer. 10:10-12)
The Sabbath is thus the seal of God's creative and sanctifying power which is exercised through the Holy Spirit.(Gen. 1:1, 2; Eph. 4:30)
The Passover, a day of special significance in memory of Israel's deliverance from Egypt, was called a sign (or seal) to His people of old.(Ex. 13:3, 9, 10)(See Ex. 12:14)
God's seal is to be placed on the forehead of His ervants before the second coming of Christ:
"Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." (Rev. 7:3, KJV)
Compare verses 1 to 4 with Rev. 14:1 and Rev. 15:2, 3. The 144,000 have the seal of God and also have the victory over the mark of the beast.
(Extr. from KJV)
ihv i am guessing.. to much wine before posting? or a funny cigaratte or two?
will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are the new heavens and the new earth? (Mar '13) 23 min array 3,036
Anonymous Brother 29 min Enuma Elish 43
Correcting 1914 52 min Abad1992 7
Why do Jehovha's witnesses don't prophesy or sp... (May '12) 1 hr emmanuel 140
Why don;t JW's feed the poor as Jesus demonstra... 2 hr pooky 136
YES-Jesus WAS once known as Michael (Sep '14) 3 hr Imagoodboy 8,907
The Origin of Jesus. 4 hr Imagoodboy 9
My offer to study the Bible with anyone on this... 5 hr Tarquin 366
More from around the web