Help my faith in GOD is shattered

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Randall

AOL

#1 Nov 18, 2012
After being Catholic and then becoming a JW, my faith in GOD or his exisitance took a noise dive. I have seen the other side of being a JW. Been through the system. My questions are: is there a GOD? How do we know if he exists or cares? Is the Bible the word of GOD? and how do we KNOW? Is there the HOLY Spirit? What is it? How does it direct us? Bet you cant't answer this. But I hope you can!!
MAMMON

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2012
God is an absentee landlord. If he is there he sure the hell doesn't deserve to be worshipped.

“CHURCHOIDS- worship of church”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#3 Nov 18, 2012
Randall, the facts are there. You put your faith in MEN, so it was doomed to fail.

Do you see the DESIGN in "Nature", or now deny it?

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 18, 2012
the Mad JW wrote:
Randall, the facts are there. You put your faith in MEN, so it was doomed to fail.
Do you see the DESIGN in "Nature", or now deny it?
Weren't you catholic and got burned by them and then became a jw and got burned by them and now you're...what...a hypocrite now, right?

“CHURCHOIDS- worship of church”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

#5 Nov 18, 2012
MB, you're now slipping into the stupidity of the everyday churchoid.
Randall

AOL

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Good comments. Yes I did put faith in men. I'am a hypcocrite. Yes there is design in nature. I started this thread because I'am sinceir. And seeking TRUTH. So lets keep this on a functional level.

No name calls.
No fighting with others.
Randall

AOL

#7 Nov 18, 2012
And no arguing with othere.
little lamb

Australia

#8 Nov 18, 2012
Randall wrote:
Good comments. Yes I did put faith in men. I'am a hypcocrite. Yes there is design in nature. I started this thread because I'am sinceir. And seeking TRUTH. So lets keep this on a functional level.
No name calls.
No fighting with others.
" Carefully concealed in Jesus is all the knowledge and wisdom of God.

If you are really sincere , Jesus said " come to me all you who are toiling loaded down and I will refresh you , Take my yoke and learn from me, for I am mild tempered, and lowly in heart , and you will find refreshment for your soul." , for my yoke is kindly and my load is light "

If you look at what Jesus is saying to us, he mentions no religion, he just mentions coming to him and listening and following him as his disciple.

That means the one who can put your soul at rest and refresh you, is Jesus, and his words are within your reach to search out and learn from him..
Randall

AOL

#9 Nov 18, 2012
The very first watchtower meeting I went to, 41 years ago, that scripture I remember. Didnt know what it meant at the time.

“Surprised By Love”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 18, 2012
When I left the JWs, I almost lost my faith in God also. It became clear to me that if he exists, he sure didn't leave clear instructions on how to worship him. Most people adopt the religion they grew up with, so why would God destroy them for not being a JW? The Watchtower claims they are preaching in every land, but the truth is most people in the world do not know anything about what they teach, so how can they reject Jehovah, when they never heard of him?

There are no easy answers to these questions. If the WTBTS is wrong about everything (and I am convinced they are), what is the real truth? It was hard to lose the certainty that the Watchtower viewpoint provided, but I know what I know. I finaly got to a place where I don't feel I need all the answers. I still believe in God, but my understanding of what he is has changed. Since you cannot prove that God exists, it is a matter of faith. You either believe in him or don't, that is for you to decide, it is your spiritual path. I reccomend the practice of meditation, it is really great for resolving these issues.

I stilll enjoy the Bible, but I don't believe it is infallable. It was written by men and reflects the thinking of that time. If we took everything in the Bible literally we would still be stoning adulterers, and that is barbaric. So use judgement in interpreting what you read. The WTBTS was great for twisting and misinterpreting scriptures. Try just reading the Bible by itself.

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#11 Nov 18, 2012
the Mad JW wrote:
MB, you're now slipping into the stupidity of the everyday churchoid.
You already labeled me a churchoid so it doesn't matter to YOU what I post. Others though may be more interested. I don't post for you. You call me a churchoid, I call you a hemorrhoid, remember?
MAMMON

United States

#12 Nov 18, 2012
God was invented by man, that's why god shows human feelings. He's love, he's jealous, he's angry, vengeful, petty, changes his mind, has regrets and loves to kill everything he makes from dinosaurs to most humans. Hell killing all the animals in the flood that had done nothing was a little over kill. He can fix everything but carries a grudge from his first human's sin, why not just start over after the flood?

Im embarrassed for ever believing. I don't see how anyone intelligent can believe other than the fear of not doing it.
Randall

AOL

#13 Nov 18, 2012
Are saying thereno GOD?

Since: Sep 11

Brantford, Canada

#14 Nov 18, 2012
Randall wrote:
Are saying thereno GOD?
Well what Mammon did was point out a lot of qualities that the god of the bible has. There's good points about him as well in the bible. But the best thing you can do is research it for yourself and find your own answer.

The biggest eye opener I ever had was when a friend asked me that if the god of the bible was someone I knew personally, would I consider him a friend? I took that question literally and decided at that moment that my moral values were of a far higher standard than those of a so called god. So my faith was extinguished that second.

The flip side of that is that a belief system actually makes some people better people, and gives them a better moral compass. So you're really going to have to think this through. Enjoy the journey. Critical thinking skills are sorely lacking in a lot of christians, especially jw's. Good luck.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#15 Nov 18, 2012
Randall wrote:
After being Catholic and then becoming a JW, my faith in GOD or his exisitance took a noise dive. I have seen the other side of being a JW. Been through the system. My questions are: is there a GOD? How do we know if he exists or cares? Is the Bible the word of GOD? and how do we KNOW? Is there the HOLY Spirit? What is it? How does it direct us? Bet you cant't answer this. But I hope you can!!
Most of Christianity, including both Catholicism and the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses have rejected the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel in preference to primitive gods of pagan origin.

The OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel could also be considered the Tao in Taoism, Brahma in Hinduism and so on.

What is exciting today is that the OMNIPRESENT GOD is slowly being proven scientifically to be real with such evidence as that provided by Bell's theorem on entangled particles and other discoveries being made.

In contrast the religions based on the Roman hoax of Christianity are beginning to be recognized for what they are with the discoveries of earlier gospels previously thought destroyed by the Romans that show that early Christianity shares very little with what passes for Christianity today.

The answers you are searching for exist within yourself. Introspection on what is will introduce you to the reality of GOD. Nothing else will suffice.

As it states in Psalm 46:10 (New International Version)

"10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Basically we need to stop the constant chatter of the mind. It's only in the stillness that we can recognize the source of our being. This is the truth that will set you free. It can not be put into words. It has to be personally experienced.

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
MAMMON

United States

#16 Nov 18, 2012
Randall wrote:
Are saying thereno GOD?
That's my opinion, there is no God. The bible is a book of confusions and thousands of religions have come from it. Everyone is always 100%`positive that their belief is right and everyone else is wrong. I don't know how we got here but I don't know a lot of other things either but I see no reason to invent a god to explain them. Organized religion is evil and is the reason a lot of evil things happen.

I don't need a book to tell me right from wrong and I don't respond well to fear, whether it be fear of dying or going to hell. I think everyone needs to try and fix the Earth instead of claiming it evil and waiting on God to fix it.

That's my opinion on it anyways.

“I m no jws”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#17 Nov 18, 2012
Randall wrote:
yes there is a God.

It is common to backslide if your faith doesn't work.

Holy spirit is given to you when Jesus walks with you.

It teaches you the truth about God.

Since: Aug 12

Montréal, Canada

#18 Nov 19, 2012
If you really want to know the Truth then be prepared to be a little bit disappointed but a lot more potentate. The Truth is out there but you have to be willing to use discernment and reasoning ability to discard the past ideologies that you inherited from your ancestors.

There are/were some here that came to learn but weren't prepared to make room for it. If your cup is already full then why bother asking for more wine?
But if your cup isn't yet full then your in a position to grow.

It can be a hard journey but it isn't without its merits. The Truth really does set you free.

Your questions below:

is there a GOD? GOD is a human term that does not easily identify the first source and center of all creation. This is why its more easily fathomable to know the "I AM" as your heavenly Father. Yes indeed, this personage exists.

How do we know if he exists?

Everything you know and will ever know has always had a beginning but if there wasn't something without a beginning or an end - the Alpha and Omega per-se, then all things with a beginning could not exist. Otherwise believing differently that (all finite things can come from finite things) denies all known reasoning about our science and philosophy.

Does he Care?

Indeed as an loving earthly Father cares for his children your heavenly Father cannot care less than this.

Is the Bible the word of GOD? and how do we KNOW?

No, the Bible is not the word of God. It is a compilation of ancient texts formulated by God fearing men about their spiritual experiences and journey into believing and worshiping something higher than themselves.. A study of the books themselves, how they were devised, and the historical history about it will enlighten you to this fact.

Is there the HOLY Spirit? What is it? How does it direct us?

There are many spirits in this world. The Holy Spirit is the entity responsible for the actuating of the Father's will in conjunction with the Eternal Son's. The Holy Spirit is not to be confused with the spirit poured out upon all flesh at Pentecost. The latter was Jesus's spirit or helper that was established to slowly lift mankind's consciousness towards spiritual enlightenment.

Jesus spirit acts upon your consciousness to drive you towards a greater fulfillment in your spiritual journey. It's acting upon you this very moment because you thirst for answers to the most pressing questions you seek but in reality its not you that is seeking these answers but the spirit leading you upwards towards a greater awareness of your divine origin and destiny. In short, the spirit makes you want to be more than you are.

Jesus spirit is a "Micro" force existing in the minds of earths inhabitants specifically. The Holy Spirit is a "Macro" force leading the entire known universe and all its many inhabited worlds towards divinity.

I hope this helps.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19 Nov 20, 2012
Randall: just curious: what made you leave both the Catholic and the JW faith? I really don't know where to send you to look, but this forum will not strengthen you in your quest for faith. If you are looking for JW help, please don't look here, this is more name calling and insulting comments and the bashing of other religions. There are a few loving people here, but they are constantly the target of many others that post here.
I wish you well, I have been there myself, and it is a long journey.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#20 Nov 20, 2012
Randall, even though you are having doubts, I would suggest deep soulful earnest prayer.Ask God these questions, ask him to send you the answers, ask him to direct you to the answers. The Holy Spirit will help you if you are sincere in wanting the answers. For many years before leaving the JW religion, I do doubted many things, I never doubted the existence of God, but I did doubt many other things. With earnest prayer for a very long time, and I means many years, God gave me the answers, not all at once, but little by little. Even research into Jesus past life and proof that he did exist helped me to understand more of the bibles truths. The Holy Spirit will help you,but only if you are sincere in your search and truly want help. I do wish you the best on this search, and I hope you find the truth of God and His Son Jesus Christ. Bless you.
One more thing, You will never find the truth in any religion or organization, it is found in Gods Word and in his Son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who agrees with Jace? 7 min lol 4
HEY Pittsburgh! What Happened?! (Nov '13) 11 min DOUGLAS CLARK 861
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 13 min Boni 60
Unchained continues tripping himself 23 min lol 32
Does anyone actually defend the "two witness ru... 30 min lol 228
JW chat room (Feb '10) 1 hr Blue Danube 56
Why Jesus is indeed Michael? 1 hr imagoodboy 371
More Changes Coming 1 hr Maravilla 189
JW.org opened my eyes to the truth 4 hr Aneirin 100
JW'S are 100% right about the trinity? (Apr '14) 6 hr Maravilla 1,898