The Watchtower Society has never lost...

The Watchtower Society has never lost a lawsuit

Posted in the Jehovah's Witness Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#2 Jul 25, 2009
Of all things, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society lost a libel suit that was brought against them by Olin R. Moyle who was legal counsel for the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society from 1935 to 1939, on staff at the headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York, also known as Bethel.
He helped represent Jehovah's Witnesses in several key cases before the United States Supreme Court, many which set new precedents on First Amendment freedoms.
A dispute with Watch Tower President Joseph Franklin Rutherford led to his suing the Watch Tower Society for libel, stemming from an article in the October 15, 1939 issue of the Society's publication, The Watchtower magazine...

libel:

A false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person.

colin

Blackburn, UK

#3 Jul 25, 2009
I will call the watchtower organization a lying organization and they can sue me all they like I have a advocate and a mediator in ym Lord Jesus Christ who is far greater than any man that the watchtower organization chooses I have all the documentation and proof I need needed to condemn them as such
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#4 Jul 26, 2009
The Watchtower Society IS a LYING organization and I, too have all the documentation and proof I needed to condemn them as such.

I wish the cowards would sue me for slander, libel, etc.

They have no problem suing people for copyright infringement but they seem to have a BIG problem suing those of us who call them a LYING organization and almost beg them to sue us.

Wonder why.

Yizuman

United States

#5 Jul 26, 2009
They didn't lose lawsuits, they settled out of court. Costing them millions in the process.
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#6 Jul 27, 2009
Yizuman wrote:
They didn't lose lawsuits, they settled out of court. Costing them millions in the process.
In recent years that's what they do because they know if the suit goes to court their doctrines are going to be exposed to the light of day and that's one thing they want to avoid at all costs.

Lightseer

Fair Oaks, CA

#7 Jul 27, 2009
UNchained wrote:
<quoted text>
In recent years that's what they do because they know if the suit goes to court their doctrines are going to be exposed to the light of day and that's one thing they want to avoid at all costs.
That's so true. Lawsuits are their achilles heel. Even my JW elder BIL was exremely fearful of a lawsuit on one of his contracting jobs. He settled rather spending the money and ending up looking like a schmuck anyway.

That's why the JWs settled out of court with the pedophile crisis. They don't want to go to trial. They can't even bear to testify. They are clueless, and just follow the dictates of their "legal department."

You're absolutely correct: they don't want their dirty laundry hung out for all to see.

“$28,000,000 a nice start!”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#8 Jul 27, 2009
It's a cult.
UNchained

Rogersville, TN

#9 Jul 27, 2009
LAFF wrote:
It's a cult.
Ain't no doubt about it.

:)
little lamb

Australia

#10 Jul 27, 2009
UNchained wrote:
Of all things, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society lost a libel suit that was brought against them by Olin R. Moyle who was legal counsel for the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society from 1935 to 1939, on staff at the headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York, also known as Bethel.
He helped represent Jehovah's Witnesses in several key cases before the United States Supreme Court, many which set new precedents on First Amendment freedoms.
A dispute with Watch Tower President Joseph Franklin Rutherford led to his suing the Watch Tower Society for libel, stemming from an article in the October 15, 1939 issue of the Society's publication, The Watchtower magazine...
libel:
A false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person.
we never hear about these things.
red blood relative

United States

#11 Jul 27, 2009
rutherford was a crafty greedy lawyer... thats how he was able to seize the assests of russel and take control of the organization even though russel willed it to some others.... when russel died he saw $$$$$ and went after the whole wad.

if the others would have inherited it, they may have ended up a more normal sect of adventism that might have drifted to more main-stream.....

and because he was a lawyer, they learned early on the value of having multi millions stock piled to out money people in court with a team of wicked lawyers on their staff.

jws think the whole succession of early jw leaders was all holy spirit directed.... little do they know rutherford was just a crafty lawyer who saw $$$ and knew how to make stuff up and print it up ...... he cared nothing about truth or justice or love or kindness..... he just knew how to read the bible and make up false prophecy and print it up and get it distributed, while the donations poured in...... and then sue everyone who got in his way.
diogenes

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jul 27, 2009
Lightseer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so true. Lawsuits are their achilles heel. Even my JW elder BIL was exremely fearful of a lawsuit on one of his contracting jobs. He settled rather spending the money and ending up looking like a schmuck anyway.
That's why the JWs settled out of court with the pedophile crisis. They don't want to go to trial. They can't even bear to testify. They are clueless, and just follow the dictates of their "legal department."
You're absolutely correct: they don't want their dirty laundry hung out for all to see.
If you sued the WT would you settle or take it to trial?
Unchained

Rogersville, TN

#13 Jul 27, 2009
diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
I would probably be forced to settle since the Watchtower Society has almost unlimited funds to combat lawsuits, in part due to the JW's donations to the Worldwide Work not to mention the Watchtower's vast real estate holdings received through the wills of JW's who died and left the Watchtower as sole beneficiary so their worldy relatives wouldn't squander their earthly treasures.

wonder

Warrensburg, NY

#15 Jul 27, 2009
Lightseer wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to know that God sees ..So in essence they are afraid of the world knowing. The truth of they're wrong dealings will be manifest.. The fear being show as being no different then those they have been denounciating all these years... Good nite.. I'm tired.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#16 Jul 29, 2009
diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
MOST lawsuits are settled out of court. And the justice system encourages it in subtle and overt ways. Less interested in the principle of the thing than in expediency-the courts are screamingly busy.
Anton Brezinsky

Middletown, NY

#17 Jan 14, 2010
They have the best legal talent that money can buy
Randy T

Charlotte, NC

#18 Mar 13, 2011
I would like to sue them for their instructions to my parents to hold me back from life as we know it. Do I stand chance?
UNchained

Knoxville, TN

#19 Mar 13, 2011
Randy T wrote:
I would like to sue them for their instructions to my parents to hold me back from life as we know it. Do I stand chance?
Didn't a woman in North Carolina win a lawsuit filed against "the other woman" for for being responsible for the 'alienation of affection' brought on by her illicit affair with the woman's husband?

That might set a precedent for you to sue and collect from the demon possesssed Watchtower Society leaders.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#20 Mar 13, 2011
UNchained wrote:
libel:
Did you know that Judge Rutherford was so mad he had the money of the judgment delivered to Olin R. Moyle in silver? He wanted to make a statement to further libel Moyle by implying that he was a Judas!
ontario

Brampton, Canada

#22 Jun 27, 2011
The legal dept in Canada is contesting an estate in which they are the residual beneficiary. They want the joint bank accounts the parent held with the children to be considered part of the estate rather than pass to the children for the families use, therby becoming the watchtowers money. One of the siblings who would stand to benefit is handicapped and could have benefitted tremendously. Thw watchtower is dragging this one out over four years. Terrible

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#23 Jun 28, 2011
ontario wrote:
The legal dept in Canada is contesting an estate in which they are the residual beneficiary. They want the joint bank accounts the parent held with the children to be considered part of the estate rather than pass to the children for the families use, thereby becoming the watchtowers money. One of the siblings who would stand to benefit is handicapped and could have benefited tremendously. The watchtower is dragging this one out over four years. Terrible
Having been born into this organisation and thrown out for apostasy for sharing my experience of the OMNIPRESENT GOD I was forced to examine everything pertaining to the organisation to understand why they did to me what they did. I was truly shocked to see how evil the governing body is!

It is not at all about Christianity it is about the insane empire that Judge Rutherford built on the information he gleaned from repentant demons that was found in the channelled occult novel, Angels and women. The governing body is still defending this insane cosmology despite the wackiness of the god that the judge created that can not survive the light of scientific scrutiny:

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/jehovah.html

Today we have found that with the confirmation of Bell's theorem that the existence of the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel that is formally denied by the governing body of the Jehovah's Witnesses is real. There is no longer any wiggle room for myth based religions such as the Jehovah's Witnesses that depend on blind faith and circular reasoning to exist. This organisation and all religions that deny the OMNIPRESENT GOD that is at the core of the teachings of the historical Jesus will soon join the ranks of the Flat Earth society.

We all need to get informed as to the danger that is presented by the Roman hoax and it's many derivatives such as the organisation of Jehovah's Witnesses and pitch in and restore the true Christianity of the historical Jesus to humanity that we are finding to be in perfect accord with the latest scientific findings as to the nature of the universe.

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Purple fireproof clothing? Yes or No 3 min truthsetsfree 11
A Trinity Discussion for Bobby 4 min rsss1 5,240
Debating the Trinity is useless. 9 min PrufSammy 12
F&DS are doing the marking for those to survive? 21 min truthsetsfree 275
My first Jehovah's Witness meeting. 28 min PrufSammy 181
Protecting from child abuse/ discussion of chil... 1 hr wow 61
Nub and El Cacique's corner 2 hr Alank 299
Jorge/Allan says NO to 15 second youtube to set... 12 hr Alank 45
My dilemma(leaving Jehovahs Witnesses) 13 hr Alank 435
More from around the web