Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Simply Intrigued wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a proven liar. You pretended to be a Jehovah's Witness when you first came here, going to meetings and Assembies. You befriended NR and was emailing with her to find out about her for the "gang". You were involved with calling Kingdom Halls which you indictated in an email that you knew who was doing it. You also mentioned it in posts on the board. You were in the apostate camp all along.
When you were exposed as the liar you are, you turned and was in the Apostate camp attacking those who you called "brother and sister" just a week before. It's all on the board for others to read.
Do you think Jehovah and Jesus agreed with your evil rant? No, they didn't. You don't get to judge others. So you better watch your evil rants involving Jehovah and Jesus or you could be reaping what you just sowed.
Remember you are trying to make people believe you are this fine christian person. Your halo is drooping.
Your "Halo"has Burnt up in Fire many many years ago already, and its been replaced with "HORNS", so I really would not talk LETA...
Yahoo Me

Wausau, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gods Kingdom Rules wrote:
<quoted text> All of what she said can be gotten from educational books and encyclopedias. Christmas, easter, birthdays, christmas trees etc etc are all from pagan rituals and has been incorporate into members of christendom lives.
I understand as I to did research before leaving, and yes you are right, however the dangerous cult of jw's add things to much of what is written .

I personally dont beleive God will give anyone everlasting death for celebrateing a birthday or any other hiloday for that matter..

There are far more greater bad things people even do and say on here that I beleive can and will be dealt with hrshly from God, thats what more imortant than giving a gift on a birthday,..

“Surprised By Love”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

TRUTH wrote:
so jesus is ok with lieing to kids? santa,easter bunny,tooth farie and cupid. and thats not to mention pegan roots. christmas tree is a pegan ritual. the bunny is the pegan symbol for fertility...they got the easter bunny laying eggs. hay lets celebrate the mass murder of thousands of indians,and call it thanksgiving. john the baptist head on a plater for a birthday...now the world has birthday cakes. like i said a true christian would have no part of it...only someone with a complete lack of bible based principles would. jw wont fight in wars. isa 2:4 thats how jehovaha feels about wars. the bible says do not kill...its one of the ten commandents. jw dont lie to little kids. satan is the father of the lie.
My My, you seem very upset, perhaps you should take a deep breath. Telling children stories is not lying (or even lieing). Children are not harmed by tales of the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, any more than they are harmed by reading about the Three Little Pigs. Pretending and make believe is not lying, nor is it harmful to children. On the other hand, violent tales of children being destroyed by God, as in the My Book Of Bible Stories, does harm them. At least small children do not have to worry about Santa Claus killing them because they made a childish mistake.

The slaughter of Indians is truly a horrible thing, there is no defending it. But it is odd that you are still so bothered by it centuries later, but the thought of the murder of billions of people by God makes you happy, eager to be involved, and hoping it happens soon.

The prohibition against birthdays by Jehovah's Witnesses is ridiculous, I thought so, even when I was dubbie. But I was so obedient to the arbitrary teachings of the WTBTS, I needlessly deprived my children of this innocent pleasure. If Birthdays were so bad, why didn't the bible outright condemn the practice? The fact that something bad happened during a Birthday celebration does not, in of itself, prove that they are wrong. The ban on Birthdays was implemented by Judge Rutherford, by all accounts a mean drunk, who saw it as a way to exert control over his followers. I put no credence in anything he taught.

Your assertion that only someone with a complete lack of bible based principles would celebrate a Birthday is sad, it shows how much you follow men, instead of following your own conscience. I fail to see that an acknowledgement of the anniversary of a person's birth would be offensive to God in any way. I searched the scriptures and could find no good reason not to celebrate. Since I am not following men, I could do that. Of course, moderation in all things, as the bible teaches. A dinner out, a small gift suffice for the people in my life.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

much happier now wrote:
<quoted text>
My My, you seem very upset, perhaps you should take a deep breath. Telling children stories is not lying (or even lieing). Children are not harmed by tales of the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, any more than they are harmed by reading about the Three Little Pigs. Pretending and make believe is not lying, nor is it harmful to children. On the other hand, violent tales of children being destroyed by God, as in the My Book Of Bible Stories, does harm them. At least small children do not have to worry about Santa Claus killing them because they made a childish mistake.
The slaughter of Indians is truly a horrible thing, there is no defending it. But it is odd that you are still so bothered by it centuries later, but the thought of the murder of billions of people by God makes you happy, eager to be involved, and hoping it happens soon.
The prohibition against birthdays by Jehovah's Witnesses is ridiculous, I thought so, even when I was dubbie. But I was so obedient to the arbitrary teachings of the WTBTS, I needlessly deprived my children of this innocent pleasure. If Birthdays were so bad, why didn't the bible outright condemn the practice? The fact that something bad happened during a Birthday celebration does not, in of itself, prove that they are wrong. The ban on Birthdays was implemented by Judge Rutherford, by all accounts a mean drunk, who saw it as a way to exert control over his followers. I put no credence in anything he taught.
Your assertion that only someone with a complete lack of bible based principles would celebrate a Birthday is sad, it shows how much you follow men, instead of following your own conscience. I fail to see that an acknowledgement of the anniversary of a person's birth would be offensive to God in any way. I searched the scriptures and could find no good reason not to celebrate. Since I am not following men, I could do that. Of course, moderation in all things, as the bible teaches. A dinner out, a small gift suffice for the people in my life.
Job 1:4-5
King James Version (KJV)

4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

Since: Feb 07

RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TRUTH wrote:
so jesus is ok with lieing to kids? santa,easter bunny,tooth farie and cupid. and thats not to mention pegan roots. christmas tree is a pegan ritual. the bunny is the pegan symbol for fertility...they got the easter bunny laying eggs. hay lets celebrate the mass murder of thousands of indians,and call it thanksgiving. john the baptist head on a plater for a birthday...now the world has birthday cakes. like i said a true christian would have no part of it...only someone with a complete lack of bible based principles would. jw wont fight in wars. isa 2:4 thats how jehovaha feels about wars. the bible says do not kill...its one of the ten commandents. jw dont lie to little kids. satan is the father of the lie.
And let's just eliminate any sort of fantasy altogether. Oh, and story books...no good...all made up and characters are not real. And no movies or cartoons, or, for that matter drawing anything that is imaginary. And let's just eliminate playtime for kids. Can't have them engaging in anything where they might employ their imaginations, can we?

RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> All of what she said can be gotten from educational books and encyclopedias. Christmas, easter, birthdays, christmas trees etc etc are all from pagan rituals and has been incorporate into members of christendom lives.
Yes! Yes! Ban all fantasy!! Ban all imagination!! Burn all fiction books!! Purge!!!

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>All of what she said can be gotten from educational books and encyclopedias. Christmas, easter, birthdays, christmas trees etc etc are all from pagan rituals and has been incorporate into members of christendom lives.
So do you get holidays off? Just curious.

“"Leave the dead horses alone"”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you get holidays off? Just curious.
No. In fact i work them as it is 250 percent of my normal pay as people would rather not work on holidays.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Yes! Ban all fantasy!! Ban all imagination!! Burn all fiction books!! Purge!!!
Why would a Christian have to ban all imagination and books. We just don't want to touch the unclean thing. Why would we want to stick a tree in our house and decorate it when the Scandinavians introduced their form of tree worship to a supposedly christian festival?

Why would we want to have pagan originated celebrations associated with our righteous kings Jesus's name? We as a people are free to view it as abhorrent. It is not okay for us true Christians to be involved with this Paganism. You however are free to do what you want as part of Christendom and Babylon the great.

2Cor 6:17&#8239;“‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah,‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’” 18&#8239;“‘And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.

Micah 4:5 For all the peoples, for their part, will walk each one in the name of its god; but we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever.
dee lightful

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

And so are watch towers. and wedding rings, and honeymoons, and bridal veils. So it seems JW's are just as guilty if not more so for thinking their pagan rituals are okay because they are doing them thereby thinking they are superior.
All things come from the pagan but the difference is is it done to the glory of God or worship of a pagan god?
What pagan God do Christians worship when they thnk the only true God for the birth of our savior during a Christ mass ? Can you see how twisted your reasoning is because the pagan is not introduced into the praise of God Almighty for the pagan is lifted out of the pagan and brought into the knowledge of the ONE true God.
When you are able to open your eyes you will see how following the flase prophets of the WTS you are worse off than any pagan for you have been shown the truth and you reject it in favor of false teachers.

RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> Why would a Christian have to ban all imagination and books. We just don't want to touch the unclean thing. Why would we want to stick a tree in our house and decorate it when the Scandinavians introduced their form of tree worship to a supposedly christian festival?
Why would we want to have pagan originated celebrations associated with our righteous kings Jesus's name? We as a people are free to view it as abhorrent. It is not okay for us true Christians to be involved with this Paganism. You however are free to do what you want as part of Christendom and Babylon the great.
2Cor 6:17&#8239;“‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah,‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’” 18&#8239;“‘And I shall be a father to YOU, and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.
Micah 4:5 For all the peoples, for their part, will walk each one in the name of its god; but we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever.
Well, as we all know, the JWs selectively utilize pagan festivities whenever it suits them by stating that the original pagan roots have been long forgotten and are no longer utilized.

Then they turn around and demonize other pagan festivities that meet the same criteria and beat their chests and call themselves "clean" when they are just being hypocritical and self-righteous.

RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> And so are watch towers. and wedding rings, and honeymoons, and bridal veils. So it seems JW's are just as guilty if not more so for thinking their pagan rituals are okay because they are doing them thereby thinking they are superior.
All things come from the pagan but the difference is is it done to the glory of God or worship of a pagan god?
What pagan God do Christians worship when they thnk the only true God for the birth of our savior during a Christ mass ? Can you see how twisted your reasoning is because the pagan is not introduced into the praise of God Almighty for the pagan is lifted out of the pagan and brought into the knowledge of the ONE true God.
When you are able to open your eyes you will see how following the flase prophets of the WTS you are worse off than any pagan for you have been shown the truth and you reject it in favor of false teachers.
Oh, and let us not forget other things that are acceptable to JWs, such as luaus which were originally feasts to honor false gods and goddesses, and pinatas (which are approved for JW parties) which were originally used in human sacrificial rites to pagan gods.

Whatever the GB declares to be clean, is, in the eyes of JWs, clean and acceptable to God. Likewise, whatever the GB declares to still be linked to pagan worship is, in the eyes of JWs, disgusting and offensive to God.

Isn't it nice that the GB make all these decisions for God?

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RedhorseWoman wrote:
<quoted text>Well, as we all know, the JWs selectively utilize pagan festivities whenever it suits them by stating that the original pagan roots have been long forgotten and are no longer utilized.

Then they turn around and demonize other pagan festivities that meet the same criteria and beat their chests and call themselves "clean" when they are just being hypocritical and self-righteous.
Amen!
Yahoo Me

Wausau, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
I tend to second that Motion.

A HUGE "A-MEN....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

dee lightful wrote:
<quoted text> And so are watch towers. and wedding rings, and honeymoons, and bridal veils. So it seems JW's are just as guilty if not more so for thinking their pagan rituals are okay because they are doing them thereby thinking they are superior.
It isn't the potential pagan origin of a thing that is the problem. It is using something from pagan worship.Holidays come from "Holy" days and usually focus on a man or some aspect of creation or man's activities. A wedding ring has no direct relationship to any act ofworship, anymore than pants do. Yet the best known ancient culture that wore pants was the Gauls in what we now call Turkey. Think of Galatia. They were pagans, should men not wear pants?Weddings are approved by God, a ring as a symbol of that union is not wrong, unless the ring itself contained some pagan worship symbols and the ring bearer knew it. That would change the complexion of the situation.It isn't pagan origin rather a use in pagan worship and brought into our activities. Thus days of the week, even the names of months are 'secular'. However celebrating "all saints day" would be different as it's origins are in paganworship.- search for bible truths

“Surprised By Love”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> It isn't the potential pagan origin of a thing that is the problem. It is using something from pagan worship.Holidays come from "Holy" days and usually focus on a man or some aspect of creation or man's activities. A wedding ring has no direct relationship to any act ofworship, anymore than pants do. Yet the best known ancient culture that wore pants was the Gauls in what we now call Turkey. Think of Galatia. They were pagans, should men not wear pants?Weddings are approved by God, a ring as a symbol of that union is not wrong, unless the ring itself contained some pagan worship symbols and the ring bearer knew it. That would change the complexion of the situation.It isn't pagan origin rather a use in pagan worship and brought into our activities. Thus days of the week, even the names of months are 'secular'. However celebrating "all saints day" would be different as it's origins are in paganworship.- search for bible truths
This is just an arbitrary splitting of hairs - pagan "origin" is OK, but pagan "worship" is not OK. They wouldn't have become associated with pagans if they hadn't had some significance to their worship.

Crazy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Yahoo Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand as I to did research before leaving, and yes you are right, however the dangerous cult of jw's add things to much of what is written .
I personally dont beleive God will give anyone everlasting death for celebrateing a birthday or any other hiloday for that matter..
There are far more greater bad things people even do and say on here that I beleive can and will be dealt with hrshly from God, thats what more imortant than giving a gift on a birthday,..
So you seem to recognize that these pagan celebrations are bad yet you ridicule us for viewing them as such.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

much happier now wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just an arbitrary splitting of hairs - pagan "origin" is OK, but pagan "worship" is not OK. They wouldn't have become associated with pagans if they hadn't had some significance to their worship.
Crazy
Just because a pagan wears a ring, hat, pants, or plants a tree it does not make those things inherently bad to do. Nor does it mean those things are of pagan origin and therefore to be not worn or done. When however rituals that were once part of their worship of trees or the sun are deliberately incorporated into a supposedly Christian festival then we have something that was directly linked with false worship and something Jehovah's people refuse to participate in.
Yahoo Me

Wausau, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> So you seem to recognize that these pagan celebrations are bad yet you ridicule us for viewing them as such.
The Only persons I ridiculed were persons such as Carolyn/EE and her klan because her purpose is to hurt persons, and make fun of persons.

I DONT Ridicule anyone who does NOT want to celebrate anything, thats your buisness, and your beleifs..I dont have a issue with your personal beleifs as far as that goes..BUT, you guys dont seem to have a problems with us who Do want to celebrate these things, as all I ever here is how bad other religions are for doing so...Now whos being fair?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Yahoo Me wrote:
<quoted text>
The Only persons I ridiculed were persons such as Carolyn/EE and her klan because her purpose is to hurt persons, and make fun of persons.
I DONT Ridicule anyone who does NOT want to celebrate anything, thats your buisness, and your beleifs..I dont have a issue with your personal beleifs as far as that goes..BUT, you guys dont seem to have a problems with us who Do want to celebrate these things, as all I ever here is how bad other religions are for doing so...Now whos being fair?
We are in our right to view the celebration of these pagan orientated celebrations as unchristian and to teach people that true Christians do not celebrate these pagan celebrations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••