Jehovah's Witnesses Lend a Helping Hand

Jehovah's Witnesses Lend a Helping Hand

There are 707 comments on the WFMZ story from Jun 17, 2009, titled Jehovah's Witnesses Lend a Helping Hand. In it, WFMZ reports that:

This weekend marks the first of eight Jehovah's Witness conventions that will bring tens-of- thousands of visitors into Reading.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 36
Next Last
Reading

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 17, 2009
Wow maybe they should make it a requirement that you have to join them before going on welfare then the lazy bums would not go on welfare. Great job JW's.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Jun 17, 2009
This is something good for me to here about. I have been quite frustrated in the past with my own personal experiences with JWes.

Why do you all have to go door to door to recruit people for your religion? I feel that you are in my personal space on my property trying to persuade me to join your religion.That should be a personal choice.No other religion does that. Am I wrong???
a person

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jun 17, 2009
RSD Survivor wrote:
This is something good for me to here about. I have been quite frustrated in the past with my own personal experiences with JWes.
Why do you all have to go door to door to recruit people for your religion? I feel that you are in my personal space on my property trying to persuade me to join your religion.That should be a personal choice.No other religion does that. Am I wrong???
no other religion preaches as jesus siad too? aw stop now your flattering us...
a person

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jun 17, 2009
hey! i go there for my convention!! haha

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#6 Jun 17, 2009
This 'puff piece' is propaganda Jehovah's Witnesses (the Watchtower society) have virtually NO CHARITY.

So what's going on lately?
The Watchtower cult is suffering member burn-out from all their oppressive practices and false misleading 'profitcie$'.

So they are on a campaign to grab all the positive puff pieces they can.
How do you know if I am telling the truth?

Look and think... have you ever seen a Jehovah's Witness charity in your town?
Any soup kitchen,shelters,food pantry,ANYTHING AT ALL?

Jehovah's Witnesses have largest turnover of recruits,have one of the highest attrition rates of all denominations.

Reports from TIME Magazine-""An even more extreme example of what might be called "masked churn" is the relatively tiny Jehovah's Witnesses, with a turnover rate of about two-thirds."

That means that two-thirds of the people who were raised Jehovah's Witnesses no longer are yet the group attracts roughly the same number of converts.No wonder they have to keep on knocking on doors.Jehovah's Witnesses claim of increased membership is suspect (cooked da books?)

There actually are now twice as many former Jehovah's Witnesses as there are active ones with thousands leaving every month.Baptisms at assemblies is often mostly family member children who have grown up JW. Jehovah's Witnesses are LOSING members and are on the decline.

Witnesses are shrinking in number in many Western countries (Japan major losses) as of the last few years, as the Internet facilitates the spread of information (much of it critical of the Witnesses).

Jehovah's Witnesses members are cautioned against creating JW-related websites, largely to prevent their members from discovering the history and dirty laundry of this organization on other websites. There are literally hundreds of former members pages in many languages

Jehovah's Witnesses leaders do not allow dissent they kick out (disfellowship) anyone who is not 'happy'.

--
Danny Haszard born 3rd generation Jehovah's Witness * I was in the cult and now I'm out*

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#8 Jun 17, 2009
sorry double post topix has major server lag and disconnects this morning
DJArmstrong

Mantua, NJ

#12 Jun 18, 2009
Would somebody please get DH3 a life? Sheesh! Willian Miller?!? We're going back that far?! The fastest growing religion in the US is on a decline? Tell the thousands that are pouring into Reading that!(By the way every religion in this country is losing members Pew estimates about one out of every two Christians leaves his church.) But if even half the exagerations and half truths are correct then why attack it? They'll be gone soon enough. You better not hope so DH, when that happens your "cottage industry" of trolling the web attacking Witness cancer patients and obituaries will have dissapeared!
Mike

Hagerstown, MD

#13 Jun 18, 2009
Eh, it's a good thing they're doing there.

I went to Reading the past few years, can remember having to get there at midnight Friday night to set up in charge of the Cleaning Department because there had been a concert the night before.

This will allow them to curry favor with local officials, which may lead to cheaper venues in the future, more free rooms for WT officials during the convention, more perks for visitors from Brooklyn...

It's just unfortunate that they can't turn all that willing, and free, manpower into something that is truly worthwhile, like helping OTHER people. Like any city, Reading has alot of shady parts that could use some help. Why not help them, instead of prettying up the area around an arena, which is already nice and raking in plenty of money on it's own?
Mike

Hagerstown, MD

#14 Jun 18, 2009
Edit: Thursday night, not Friday night.
Jackie

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jun 18, 2009
a person wrote:
hey! i go there for my convention!! haha
How is that yuni, if you are in cali.?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#16 Jun 18, 2009
RSD Survivor wrote:
You are wrong.

Jesus and the Apostles did it.
dee

Williamston, SC

#17 Jun 18, 2009
Reading wrote:
Wow maybe they should make it a requirement that you have to join them before going on welfare then the lazy bums would not go on welfare. Great job JW's.
They notlending a helping hand at all. It is being done so it would save them money. It always comes down to money in the WT 's pocket nothing to do with helping others.
dee

Williamston, SC

#18 Jun 18, 2009
RSD Survivor wrote:
You are right, but it's hard to blame them for being so stupid to work for free, for a publishing company that calls itself a religion. but is selling magazines praising themselves.
twink

Reading, PA

#19 Jun 18, 2009
dee wrote:
<quoted text> You are right, but it's hard to blame them for being so stupid to work for free, for a publishing company that calls itself a religion. but is selling magazines praising themselves.
All of JW publications are free! What magazine are you talking about?
a true hypocrite

Blue Springs, MO

#20 Jun 18, 2009
twink wrote:
<quoted text>
All of JW publications are free! What magazine are you talking about?
Not really twink, all the time I was going to the hall I knew to make a 'contribution' for any and all magazines and books I took.
why so negative

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Jun 18, 2009
why criticize so much??? let ppl do their own thing isn't that the purpose of living in a free country half the Americans fight for gay rights (not judging them)because its a free country why are you so negative about what they are doing for free obviously nothing is coming out of your pocket for it.and i know for a fact in reading they built their own congregation in a pretty bad area that looked awful and now it looks beautiful.there was a bunch of rubble and an abandoned building now there are trees, grass,and nothing came out of your pockets once again.
twink

Reading, PA

#22 Jun 18, 2009
a true hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really twink, all the time I was going to the hall I knew to make a 'contribution' for any and all magazines and books I took.
Exactly! A contribution. You are never told that you need to pay a certain price, if able you could make a contribution. It is not looked down on if you do not.
Kleaner

AOL

#23 Jun 18, 2009
Jehovah's Witnesses come to our homes with a pretense that is fraudulent from the get-go.

You pitch that you are doing Jesus work (lie) you use all sorts of conversation starters to try to put us at ease,con and scam us into joining your sect,that is no better than any other.
Jehovah's Witnesses will tell you their Kingdom Halls are for "worship", but their "worship" consists of being taught how to overcome objections to the sales pitches they give at your doors and how to try and get their extremely deceptive literature into your hands.

Their Kingdom Hall meetings are to bolster their elitist teachings that they have the only religion on earth that pleases God,only they are being blessed by God and that all other people on the planet but them will be destroyed soon by their God.

Jehovah's Witnesses promotion of their Watchtower sect has the net effect of stumbling and turning people off to the real Gospel.
Jesus, referring to scholars and sages who undertook proselytizing missions, said "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte; and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves" (Matt 23:15)

Jehovah's Witnesses before you go out please do not become an embarrassment to proselytizers and an abomination to the God Jehovah who's name you may actually be blaspheming with your fraud 4 God.

http://www.jwfiles.com
why so negative

Jersey City, NJ

#24 Jun 18, 2009
a true hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>

you are not obligated to give money and they do not pass baskets or make you sign 10 percent of your earnings like some religions do.why are yous criticizing so much isn't it a free country? are yous paying for anything? isnt it appropriate to clean up when you visit somewhere i was taght to wash my dish if i ate at someones house because its polite.arent they just being polite?
twink

Reading, PA

#25 Jun 18, 2009
Kleaner wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses come to our homes with a pretense that is fraudulent from the get-go.
You pitch that you are doing Jesus work (lie) you use all sorts of conversation starters to try to put us at ease,con and scam us into joining your sect,that is no better than any other.
Jehovah's Witnesses will tell you their Kingdom Halls are for "worship", but their "worship" consists of being taught how to overcome objections to the sales pitches they give at your doors and how to try and get their extremely deceptive literature into your hands.
Their Kingdom Hall meetings are to bolster their elitist teachings that they have the only religion on earth that pleases God,only they are being blessed by God and that all other people on the planet but them will be destroyed soon by their God.
Jehovah's Witnesses promotion of their Watchtower sect has the net effect of stumbling and turning people off to the real Gospel.
Jesus, referring to scholars and sages who undertook proselytizing missions, said "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte; and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves" (Matt 23:15)
Jehovah's Witnesses before you go out please do not become an embarrassment to proselytizers and an abomination to the God Jehovah who's name you may actually be blaspheming with your fraud 4 God.
http://www.jwfiles.com
Wow! You have some serious issues! I don't find anything wrong with a religion going door to door. If you don't want to listen then you don't have to. I for one would rather study the bible with someone who knows it and if I don't agree go on my way. No one is ever forced to become or stay a witness.

Why all the hatred? Is that what "God" teaches you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 11 min I-dub is so afraid 2,195
Loyality through FEAR 18 min RedhorseWoman 11
Any "anointed" JWs here? 19 min red blood relative 31
WATCHTOWER-Remember King Rehoboam? 38 min FutureMan 1
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 39 min RedhorseWoman 2,453
Church or kingdom hall? (Feb '10) 50 min Irishdub 145
Covered in Fire or Water? 1 hr red blood relative 21
When you really look at what they believe you c... 1 hr Zildjian 184
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 2 hr imagoodboy 23,222
More from around the web