Jehovah's Witnesses begin convention

Jehovah's Witnesses begin convention

There are 41 comments on the GhanaWeb story from Jul 25, 2014, titled Jehovah's Witnesses begin convention. In it, GhanaWeb reports that:

Jehovah's Christian Witnesses in Ghana have begun their series of their annual Regional Conventions throughout the country, which come under the theme "Keep seeking First God's Kingdom."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GhanaWeb.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hMMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#1 Jul 26, 2014
Jehovah's Witnesses once again planting this non-story, because the only ACTUAL news they make is their members' grizzly crimes, usually sexually violent in nature
Never do you see a headline about the great works of Jehovah's witnesses.
Because they are a money making cult, that forbids actual charity
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jul 26, 2014
hMMMMMM wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses once again planting this non-story, because the only ACTUAL news they make is their members' grizzly crimes, usually sexually violent in nature
Never do you see a headline about the great works of Jehovah's witnesses.
Because they are a money making cult, that forbids actual charity
Wait until the Jehovah's Witnesses on this board read your post.

"Oh no, we are being persecuted for the good news of the kingdom!" while they walk past and ignore the poor, homeless man on the street as they hawk books for a publishing company.
U R Wrong again

Grand Blanc, MI

#4 Jul 26, 2014
http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activ... [search_id]=0d7994f3-0e2c-4952 -9dd5-23dd78bb4e10&insight [search_result_index]=0
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#5 Jul 26, 2014
Ex Jehovah's witnesses who now have Satan as their father, are just like him, they appear as knowledgeable but are in total darkness.

They are not worthy of life now or in the future, according to Jesus...
Hebrews 10:28,29
UNchained

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jul 26, 2014
hMMMMM

Aurora, IL

#7 Jul 27, 2014
True Christian witness wrote:
Ex Jehovah's witnesses who now have Satan as their father, are just like him, they appear as knowledgeable but are in total darkness.
I think you are confused.
There is no one more Satan like than your fictional god "jehovah" who supports evil men who sexually assault children by requiring 2 other perverts to observe a sexual assault of a child for a child to be believed.
Doesn't get more evil than that.
ELkman

Norcross, GA

#8 Aug 7, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Well I guess no other religion has problems, molesters, criminals and may have some changed thoughts over the years in their past...?
WIth 7 Million people going to their churches...you think they are all like you? innocent, and never did anything wrong? They are simply imperfect people...trying to go by bible standards, as I guess we all are to some degree..

And Jehovah fictional? Why not check out the sources...the english translation of that name, appears over 6,000 times in the original manuscripts, and years ago in the KJV of the Bible as the name of God before they took it out...Check your grandmas bible if she has one.
In fact many churches in Europe and around the globe use the Hebrew version of those letters on the outside of many churches!
It would help if you are going to post, to know a little about the topic...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#9 Aug 7, 2014
Jehovah's Witnesses are doomed!
ChristOnly

Citrus Heights, CA

#10 Aug 7, 2014
Why do JW's who according to every statistic available have the least educated members always say a few words and add a scripture as if it validates their argument. Lets quote Hebrews 10:28, 29 shall we:

New International Version (NIV)

"28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?"

What does that scripture have to do with the point you were making? Maybe that lazy approach work with the uneducated, docile, and naive that reside in the cult universe. But in the critical thinking world you need evidence, correct context, and applicable scriptural application to make your point relevant.
ChristOnly

Citrus Heights, CA

#11 Aug 7, 2014
Duh-boy wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses are doomed!
Anyone who believes that Jesus came invisibly and turn everything over to a group of men and now looks to those men as a means of salvation instead of Jesus is doomed.
truth

UK

#12 Aug 8, 2014
They are the true religion. Anyone will need a touch of the almighy God to know they are the one's carrying out the actual work of God. Its a calling. If God dont open ur mind u'll neva know they true. Thats why each n everyone must pray to be shown the way of the truth for the devil has blinded our minds.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#13 Aug 8, 2014
You must be humble and meek to be acceptable to Jesus, and you must believe the Bible is the True word of God.
Jesus is gathering his earthly subjects to inherit the earth, under his rulership as King of Jehovah God's heavenly Kingdom government.
John 10:16

The requirements for surviving the end of this world and gaining eternal life in God's new world are very few today, learn what they are by starting your Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses. There is no charge, just a little of your time.
Expect opposition, maybe persecution and rejection, but giving your life to Jehovah God as Jesus did and taught the Jews to follow his example, we can do the same thing by obeying Jesus or the Law of Christ.
Galatians 5:22-24
Matthew 22:37-39

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#14 Aug 8, 2014
You must be humble and meek to be acceptable to Jesus, and you must believe the Bible is the True word of God.
Jesus is gathering his earthly subjects to inherit the earth, under his rulership as King of Jehovah God's heavenly Kingdom government.
The requirements for surviving the end of this world and gaining eternal life in God's new world are very few today, learn what they are by starting your Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses. There is no charge, just a little of your time.
Expect opposition, maybe persecution and rejection, but giving your life to Jehovah God as Jesus did and taught the Jews to follow his example, we can do the same thing by obeying Jesus or the Law of Christ.
The bible says that all we have to do to gain eternal life is BELIEVE IN JESUS. I don't know where you get all that other stuff, well yes I do, and that is the problem, you are allowing men to take your eternal life away from you. ALL you need it to truly believe in JESUS and show that belief by the way you live.

Show me where the bible says that I must be obedient, submit to, or support any men for my salvation. Show me from the bible where it says that any religion, any organization, or any men will have part in my salvation. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY.

You have been ask many times to prove from the bible that we have to be JWs or Baptist, etc to be saved, and show me where it says that men will have part in my salvation, and I iwll return to the KH Sunday morning and ask for forgiveness.
You will not do it, because you cant do it. Repent of your sins, ask Jesus to come into your heart, and live for Him, not for a religion, organization, or group of men.
ExJW

Saint Augustine, FL

#15 Aug 8, 2014
John 10:
16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Jesus's mission was to the lost sheep of Israel. The Jews had first right of refusal. John 10:16 is talking about the gentiles being allowed into the ONE flock, ONE shepherd, as instructed by Jesus at his accession to heaven.

The gospel message has been changed by the WBTS as they change the baptism formula to a baptism into an organization (a composite christ of 144K) and not a baptism into HIM as the ONE shepherd and into the ONE hope, one Baptism, ONE SPIRIT as mentioned in Ephesians 4;4-6

There is ONE body
ONE Spirit,(one regeneration in Spirit)
ONE hope ...just as you were called to one hope when you were called;
ONE Lord,(not a composite seed)
ONE faith,
ONE baptism
ONE God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Where do you get TWO HOPE from ?, NOO LITE ? NOT IN SCRIPTURE !

just sayin :)
Living After Midnight

Wausau, WI

#16 Aug 8, 2014
I just Love it when the cult followers Always use the "YOUR LIRS" or the "SATA YOUR FATHER", lines...Like a bad joke being told over& over & LIKE always The Non jws BUT true Christians on here always succeed at PROVEING them all wrong,yet they use the SAME cards w/ the most id two comments.

If your not a CULT FOLLOWER than you must be 1. a liar 2. From satan.

Give me a break...

While they Continue to be brainwashed & LIED to,the LIES,Master coverups,shunning,Molesting,AB USE on innocent children,Falsifed teachings from satan,more.....will continue to go on until God's very hands will strangle this deadly & dangerous Cult of jws..

what a wonderful day/nite this will be,,if they had any eyes to see behind the rose colored glasses, they can clearly see that God already ha started destroying their empire of false religion..

Is this why the kingdumb halls are all empty now days compared to even 5-10 yrs. ago?

YUP...
elkman

Norcross, GA

#17 Aug 8, 2014
Really?
I guess they should be scared because you said so..perhaps you should read...Revelation 18:4...
Tell my oh wise one:
who is Babylon the Great???? IF you don't know then perhaps your religion is part of it...
Apparently God has a "people" as he says get out of her "my people"...
SO if the JW's are doomed...then tell me please who are these people so I can join them as I do not want to be destroyed...

Location hidden

#18 Aug 9, 2014
elkman wrote:
Really?
I guess they should be scared because you said so..perhaps you should read...Revelation 18:4...
Tell my oh wise one:
who is Babylon the Great???? IF you don't know then perhaps your religion is part of it...
SO if the JW's are doomed...then tell me please who are these people so I can join them as I do not want to be destroyed...
They are called Christians, they believe in Jesus Christ with all that's in them. They have repented of their sins and given their lives to Jesus. They are not a religion, organization, or followers of men, but followers of only Jesus Christ.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#19 Aug 9, 2014
elkman wrote:
Really?
Tell my oh wise one:
Jehovah God is not a good luck charm, you must adjust your mind to put on the personality of Jesus, that means to love even people who hate you, your enemies.
Jesus shows us the way, that is all, you are the one who has to become a new person, a spiritual man to have a relationship with Jehovah God, your Heavenly Father, as Jesus taught.
Galatians 5: 22-24
John 4:24

People who are in the Truth, Jehovah's witnesses united global family or congregation, are all working on being imitators of Jesus, no one is perfect, Jehovah only ask that we try, and rely on him for the strength to endure to the end.
The new world will be ruled in righteousness, no one who is deliberately bad will be allowed to stay in Paradise. We must learn now how to hate what is bad, and love all men on earth, as Jesus did and taught.

Location hidden

#20 Aug 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Jehovah God is not a good luck charm, you must adjust your mind to put on the personality of Jesus, that means to love even people who hate you, your enemies.
Jesus shows us the way, that is all, you are the one who has to become a new person, a spiritual man to have a relationship with Jehovah God, your Heavenly Father, as Jesus taught.
Galatians 5: 22-24
John 4:24
People who are in the Truth, Jehovah's witnesses united global family or congregation, are all working on being imitators of Jesus, no one is perfect, Jehovah only ask that we try, and rely on him for the strength to endure to the end.
The new world will be ruled in righteousness, no one who is deliberately bad will be allowed to stay in Paradise. We must learn now how to hate what is bad, and love all men on earth, as Jesus did and taught.
But you do not love all men on earth as Jesus taught us to do. You hate anyone who is not a JW, and especially ex JWs. You show it each time you post by saying those who have left are evil. You also show it by not showing us in the bible where it says these things...

September 15, 2010 Watchtower
Page 23
Paragraph 8
The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader Christ.

July 15, 2013 Watchtower
Page 20
'The Faithful Slave' is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers at this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the Faithful Slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel. Matt 4:4; John 17:3.

March 15, 2012 Watchtower
Page 20
Paragraph 2
The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed brothers still on earth.

March 1, 2012 Watchtower
Page 17
Paragraph 2
Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings available to many by means of a few. Those in the covenant are few, 144,000 Through them,(FDS class, now the Governing Body), millions from all nations will be blessed with everlasting life on an earthly paradise……

July 15, 2011 Watchtower
Page 24
We need to obey the Faithful and Discreet Slave to have Jehovah’s approval.

Page December 15, 2010 Watchtower
Paragraph 9
Among those “gifts in men” are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation,(Acts 15: 2, 6). In fact, our attitude towards Christ’s spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged in the coming great tribulation,(Matt 25:34-40). Thus one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God’s anointed ones.
Then, in the 15th of May 2014 Watchtower Page 29 Paragraph 15 it says:
"If we are to have Jehovah’s favor and blessing as individuals, we must support his organization and accept adjustments in our understanding of the Scriptures."

You do realize that if you can show us proof of these things the GB aka F&DS says from the bible and refuse to, Jehovah will hold you accountable, right?

Since: Feb 07

RI

#21 Aug 9, 2014
I truly, truly love this JW poster. No sugarcoating. No attempting to make the JWs seem like normal, rational people. Nope...just blurt it out about "death to apostates." I haven't seen too many JW posters who are so open about how they look at non- and especially ex-JWs.

The READERS (written as Aneirin likes it) can see EXACTLY how JWs consider those who are not part of their club.

Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 1 min Matt13weedhacker 24,062
YES- People WILL get OUT of HELL! (Nov '15) 16 min dee rightful 3,037
Scriptures that PROVE the 'Holy Trinity'! 40 min PrufSammy 122
John 1:1 1 hr PrufSammy 186
Are Jehovah's witnesses a Happy People? 1 hr tommy tiger 5
Who Really Is the "Faithful and Discreet Slave"? 1 hr happyand free 76
The return 1 hr Michaelangelo1992 3
How Could God Essentially Turn an Angel Into God? 3 hr Anonymous Brother 556
More from around the web