why would anyone use the word, "jehov...
Topsy Cretts

Houston, TX

#41 Jan 21, 2008
According to my W-2 I put in 3,300 something but I actually got back over 4,000. Take a couple hundred away for H and R block and such, but I recieve the Childtax credit.

I guess my income is so low for a family of five they feel sorry for me, and say here have some money on us.

Thank you taxpayers. We desperately need it.
Born Again

AOL

#42 Jan 21, 2008
Wendy in Illinois wrote:
<quoted text>
JW Walking Away,
If you read the thread on here titled "Whose Name?" you will see some posts by Budgie, which list many encyclopia sources and what they say regarding the name Jehovah. It is very interesting.
Merriam-Webster clearly points the name Jehovah to its origin of Yahweh. However, since there are no J's in the Hebrew alphabet, Jehovah is obviously a man-made attempt to Americanize Yah-Hovah ... and my problem with this is that Jehovah means Yahweh is ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief! Even Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible blindly follows this error; if you look up "Jehovah" it will mistakenly tell you that this is the name of the Father while further revealing, through a more diligent study, that Yah refers to Yahweh ... while Hovah, as can be seen via reference number 01943, means ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief. Therefore, Jehovah means Yahweh is ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief!

Why in the world would our God demand on being called by a name that means ruin , disaster , misfortune and mischief?
Wendy in Illinois

La Grange, IL

#43 Jan 21, 2008
Topsy Cretts wrote:
Luis is that an accurate statement anymore?
THis is based on scriptual reasoning. It may be out-dated, but the WTS didnt just pull this out of nowhere.
Deutoronomy 22:23-24
23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you.
Topsy,

The old testament also shows how a man who broke the sabbath was stoned to death. Do JWs follow the sabbath? There are many things that were enforced very strictly in the old testament law that are not followed by JWs. The Watchtower feels it can pick and choose, which is ridiculous because we are under the new covenant, not the old. The old covenant law was meant to condemn us to lead us to the Savior because NOBODY can keep the law including JWs.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#44 Jan 21, 2008
Born Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Merriam-Webster clearly points the name Jehovah to its origin of Yahweh. However, since there are no J's in the Hebrew alphabet, Jehovah is obviously a man-made attempt to Americanize Yah-Hovah ... and my problem with this is that Jehovah means Yahweh is ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief! Even Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible blindly follows this error; if you look up "Jehovah" it will mistakenly tell you that this is the name of the Father while further revealing, through a more diligent study, that Yah refers to Yahweh ... while Hovah, as can be seen via reference number 01943, means ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief. Therefore, Jehovah means Yahweh is ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief!
Why in the world would our God demand on being called by a name that means ruin , disaster , misfortune and mischief?
for he very same reason why they believe the destroyer, king of the abbys to be Christ, abaddon.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#45 Jan 21, 2008
Born Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Merriam-Webster clearly points the name Jehovah to its origin of Yahweh. However, since there are no J's in the Hebrew alphabet, Jehovah is obviously a man-made attempt to Americanize Yah-Hovah ... and my problem with this is that Jehovah means Yahweh is ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief! Even Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible blindly follows this error; if you look up "Jehovah" it will mistakenly tell you that this is the name of the Father while further revealing, through a more diligent study, that Yah refers to Yahweh ... while Hovah, as can be seen via reference number 01943, means ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief. Therefore, Jehovah means Yahweh is ruin, disaster, misfortune and mischief!
Why in the world would our God demand on being called by a name that means ruin , disaster , misfortune and mischief?
webster is not correct. yahweh is the english translation of the hebrew script. look at every english hebrew bible and you will see.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#46 Jan 21, 2008
wendy i found a hebrew site that explained it also

www.assemblyofyashua.com/startling_facts.htm

i also posted a site where I found how the jehovah witnesses did in fact put down the cahtolics.. it gives the information on what page etc/ there was vey little to go by over two thousand years ago because of what they found. I am still researching and learning more

TACAN DAN

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#47 Aug 5, 2008
interesting, jws putting down catholics...
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#48 Aug 5, 2008
hey dan they don't do that do they???????? how are you today?

TACAN DAN

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#49 Aug 5, 2008
Doing GREAT.

It's been a busy, but great day!!!

Put down Catholics...when do they not put down Catholics??

TACAN DAN

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#50 Aug 5, 2008
Topsy Cretts wrote:
According to my W-2 I put in 3,300 something but I actually got back over 4,000. Take a couple hundred away for H and R block and such, but I recieve the Childtax credit.
I guess my income is so low for a family of five they feel sorry for me, and say here have some money on us.
Thank you taxpayers. We desperately need it.
I forgot about this one...

“A work in progress”

Since: Jul 08

Indianapolis, IN

#51 Aug 5, 2008
Wow, thanks for bringing this post back to the top. I had no idea the WT KNEW that the name of Jehovah was made up. I knew it of course, but who knew you could tag them on it too. Definitely good information!

TACAN DAN

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#52 Aug 5, 2008
NotThereYet wrote:
Wow, thanks for bringing this post back to the top. I had no idea the WT KNEW that the name of Jehovah was made up. I knew it of course, but who knew you could tag them on it too. Definitely good information!
It's even on their web-site.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#53 Aug 5, 2008
who="TACAN DAN"]Doing GREAT.
It's been a busy, but great day!!!
Put down Catholics...when do they not put down Catholics?

the jws no they do not do that dan... they are so precious god oops man in Brooklyn fearing (the ones here) they would not make fun of catholics.. rofl

TACAN DAN

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#54 Aug 5, 2008
They should be nice to the Catholics.

Without Catholics, there would be NO JEHOVAH.

TACAN DAN

“JWs are a satanic cult. ”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55 Aug 6, 2008
God Almighty has cursed Jehovah.
budgie

UK

#56 Aug 6, 2008
JEHOVHA..."FALSE reading of Hebrew YAHWEH" (Webster's Collegiate dictionary)

JEHOVHA...."intended as a translation of hebrew YAHWEH, the vowel points of Hebrew ADHONAY (my lord) being ERRONEOUSLY substituted for those of YAHWEH; from the fact that in some hebrew manuscripts the vowel points of ADHONAY (used as a euphomism for YAHWEH) were written under the consonants YHWH of YAHWEH to indicate that ADHONAY was to be substituted in oral reading for YAHWEH. Jehovah is a Christian transliteration of the tetragrammaton long assumed by many Christians to be the authentic reproduction of the Hebrew sacred name for God but now recognised to be a late hybrid form NEVER used by the Jews." (Webster's Third International Dictionary)

JEHOVAH.... " is an ERRONEOUS form of the name of the God of Israel",(Encyclopedia Americana)
budgie

UK

#57 Aug 6, 2008
JEHOVHA...." The pronunciation "JEHOVAH" is an ERROR resulting among Christians from combining the consonants YHWH with the vowels of ADHONAY" (Encylopedia Britannica).

JEHOVAH...."FALSE form of the divine name YAHWEH (New Catholic Enyclopedia)
abrother

Muskegon, MI

#58 Aug 6, 2008
budgie wrote:
JEHOVHA..."FALSE reading of Hebrew YAHWEH" (Webster's Collegiate dictionary)
JEHOVHA...."intended as a translation of hebrew YAHWEH, the vowel points of Hebrew ADHONAY (my lord) being ERRONEOUSLY substituted for those of YAHWEH; from the fact that in some hebrew manuscripts the vowel points of ADHONAY (used as a euphomism for YAHWEH) were written under the consonants YHWH of YAHWEH to indicate that ADHONAY was to be substituted in oral reading for YAHWEH. Jehovah is a Christian transliteration of the tetragrammaton long assumed by many Christians to be the authentic reproduction of the Hebrew sacred name for God but now recognised to be a late hybrid form NEVER used by the Jews." (Webster's Third International Dictionary)
JEHOVAH.... " is an ERRONEOUS form of the name of the God of Israel",(Encyclopedia Americana)
Do you fools have a better name for God?
budgie

UK

#59 Aug 6, 2008
JEOVAH.... "Is a mispronounciation of the Hebrew YHWH the name of God. This ponunciation is grammaticlly impossible. The form "JEHOVH" is a philological IMPOSSIBILITY." (The Jewish Encyclopedia).

JEHOVAH...." an ERRONEOUS pronunciation of the tetragrammaton, or four letter name of God made up of the Hebrew letters Yod-He-Vav-He. The word JEHOVAH therfore is a MISSREADING for which there is NO WARRENT and which makes NO SENSE in Hebrew." ( The New universal Jewish Encyclopedia)
budgie

UK

#60 Aug 6, 2008
JEHOVAH.... "is an ERRONEOUS form of the Divine name of the covenant God of Israel" (The new Schaff- Herzog Encyclopedia).

JEHOVAH.... " is an ARIFICIAL form" (The Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible).

JEHOVAH.... "The vowels of one word with the consonants of another were MISREAD as "JEHOVAH".(Encyclope dia International)..

JEHOVAH..... "Is an INACCURATE reconstruction of the name of God in the old testament" (Merits Student Encyclopedia)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHRIST IN YOU: the test of whether or not you a... 39 min Jparkh81 1
CHURCHianity: Jesus Pretended to Die for you! (Aug '16) 50 min Jparkh81 1,240
A Trinity Discussion for Bobby 1 hr Jparkh81 1,442
Child Abuse Royal Commission Final Report 1 hr red blood relative 6
What NAME does the NT magnify? 1 hr Jparkh81 434
News Jehovah's Witnesses had right to refuse blood t... 2 hr Frindly 9
Should We Pray To Jesus? 3 hr red blood relative 35
Are the Jehovah's Witnesses a Prophet? 19 hr ihveit 289
More from around the web