Just curiuos to JW's...IF you would have voted, who would you have voted for?

Created by hollieberry on Nov 7, 2012

54 votes

Click on an option to vote

Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Tom Hoefling

Merlin Miller

Virgil Goode

Dr. Jill Stein

Rocky Anderson

Gary Johnson

Tom Stevens

Or one of the others

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Now, I know some JW's might write in "Jehovah", but this is JUST a what if. So, please answer one of them. Didn't have enough room for them all, so write in one of the others by post please.

Thanks!
Spike

United States

#2 Nov 7, 2012
hollieberry wrote:
Now, I know some JW's might write in "Jehovah", but this is JUST a what if. So, please answer one of them. Didn't have enough room for them all, so write in one of the others by post please.
Thanks!
lol i think most jws would vote for the governing body!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 7, 2012
I'm just curious. What if a person doesn't like any of those running for office? Why should they vote? I realize that witnesses don't vote, because they wish to be no part of the world. If they also don't care for the basic dishonesty of politicians, isn't that a valid reason not to vote?

sidgi
man711

United States

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Its not wrong to try to effect a better life.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5 Nov 7, 2012
sidgi wrote:
I'm just curious. What if a person doesn't like any of those running for office? Why should they vote? I realize that witnesses don't vote, because they wish to be no part of the world. If they also don't care for the basic dishonesty of politicians, isn't that a valid reason not to vote?
sidgi
I agree with you sidgi, that is why they have 'write in votes' too.:)

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 7, 2012
hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you sidgi, that is why they have 'write in votes' too.:)
there is also the not being bothered vote. some vote by staying away.

sidgi
Remnant143999

Rio Rancho, NM

#7 Nov 7, 2012
sidgi wrote:
I'm just curious. What if a person doesn't like any of those running for office? Why should they vote? I realize that witnesses don't vote, because they wish to be no part of the world. If they also don't care for the basic dishonesty of politicians, isn't that a valid reason not to vote?
sidgi
I agree that's a personal choice, but if the org disfellowships you for voteing then that's against federal law!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Nov 8, 2012
hollieberry wrote:
Now, I know some JW's might write in "Jehovah", but this is JUST a what if. So, please answer one of them. Didn't have enough room for them all, so write in one of the others by post please.
Thanks!
Hi holliberry,

Even though we won't vote for a political candidate, some do vote for certain ballot measures that effect the community services such as police protection, fire protection services, and school related measures.

My personal choice for a good ruler, is Jesus.

His health care and benefits for all persons is unsurpassed.

Since: Aug 09

Bedfordshire, England

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi holliberry,
Even though we won't vote for a political candidate, some do vote for certain ballot measures that effect the community services such as police protection, fire protection services, and school related measures.
My personal choice for a good ruler, is Jesus.
His health care and benefits for all persons is unsurpassed.
Shame he has not done much of that over the last 6000 years. isn't it. Oh wait, he did do a bit in Israel for 3 years. Great!
What was mankind supposed to do while waiting for him to do something. The answer according to the Watchtower is nothing. Just die, and if you are lucky you may get a ressurrection. lol
Remnant143999

Rio Rancho, NM

#10 Nov 8, 2012
Wonder if one the wtbts legal corporations is an insurance co.? Or is all that non-profit money just sitting in a high interest account?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Nov 8, 2012
aadriver wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame he has not done much of that over the last 6000 years. isn't it. Oh wait, he did do a bit in Israel for 3 years. Great!
What was mankind supposed to do while waiting for him to do something. The answer according to the Watchtower is nothing. Just die, and if you are lucky you may get a ressurrection. lol
As the earth's only righful ruler, Jesus will undo all of the harm that mankind has suffered for the last 6000 years, brought to us by the rebellion in Eden by our first parents.

But if you think men in high political positions can do a better job, just go on supporting them.

My choice is Jesus.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#12 Nov 8, 2012
sidgi wrote:
<quoted text>
there is also the not being bothered vote. some vote by staying away.
sidgi
Tis true, tis true ;)

BUT, my question is a "what if", and if you don't want to answer fine.:)

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Richardnak wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi holliberry,
Even though we won't vote for a political candidate, some do vote for certain ballot measures that effect the community services such as police protection, fire protection services, and school related measures.
My personal choice for a good ruler, is Jesus.
His health care and benefits for all persons is unsurpassed.
Hi Richard, Thank you for answering. May I ask, does the WTS frown on you voting for those things you mentioned?

“LADY WARRIOR”

Since: Apr 11

THUG HUNTER

#14 Nov 8, 2012
Proverbs 29:2

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh."
Hoodwinked

Homeland, CA

#15 Nov 8, 2012
hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Richard, Thank you for answering. May I ask, does the WTS frown on you voting for those things you mentioned?
There were rumors going around that a pretty large group african american JWs got in trouble for voting for Obama the last time around...not sure how true it was, but I do know their was a lot of excitement about the idea of having the first black president even among JWs.

“PURE, UNADULTERATED AWESOME”

Since: Dec 06

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Nov 8, 2012
sidgi wrote:
there is also the not being bothered vote. some vote by staying away.
Yes, some very stupid, ungrateful individuals who don't realize what privilege it is to be able to vote in this country. These are the ones who are the sort who like to repeat the tired cliche that, "My vote doesn't matter." It doesn't seem to register with them that the reason approximately 27% of the people chose the direction of the country is that 40-45% of them sat there and watched.

Are you, sidgi, one of these types who imagines they're sending some profound message by not voting?

If so, let me tell you that it's not profound, it's idiotic.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Nov 8, 2012
hollieberry wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Richard, Thank you for answering. May I ask, does the WTS frown on you voting for those things you mentioned?
I have read in the past, that certain proposition measures regarding community policies are not necessarialy supporting any political party or candidate.

I have never heard of any sanctions that were held against anyone, that chose to vote on such measures. I personally, have never voted.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Nov 8, 2012
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text> There were rumors going around that a pretty large group african american JWs got in trouble for voting for Obama the last time around...not sure how true it was, but I do know their was a lot of excitement about the idea of having the first black president even among JWs.
I have never heard of such, but yes, that would be casting support for a ruler other than our King, Christ Jesus.

His rulership is not of this world just yet, but as Rev 19 points out, he will soon remove all other world rulers in oposition to his rulership.
Remnant143999

Rio Rancho, NM

#19 Nov 8, 2012
Every time the wtbts needs help for zoneing problems, or religious freedom or legal problems they run to elected officials for help. Go figure!
Honest JW

San Francisco, CA

#20 Nov 8, 2012
Hoodwinked wrote:
<quoted text> There were rumors going around that a pretty large group african american JWs got in trouble for voting for Obama the last time around...not sure how true it was, but I do know their was a lot of excitement about the idea of having the first black president even among JWs.
Some of the Afro-American brothers did vote for Obama in 08 and there was a some local needs talks stressing neutrality. Haven't heard anything so far if they voted for Obama in 2012. Since 30% of the brothers in the U.S. are Afro-American, no disciplinary action was taken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HEY Pittsburgh! What Happened?! (Nov '13) 3 min DOUGLAS CLARK 867
JW's say that December 25th is a wrong date 4 min Boni 88
Christmas (Nov '13) 5 min pcloadletter 1,792
JW.org opened my eyes to the truth 30 min jace 137
Organ transplant new light explained! Possibly! 37 min jace 202
Topic Summary of 2014 Study Articles from The W... 46 min jace 5
What is the trinity? (Apr '13) 52 min harryturq 17,643
More Changes Coming 17 hr Maravilla 189
More from around the web