Food banks
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Prime

United States

#1 Nov 16, 2012
During these holiday seasons please remember that others may not be as fortunate as you, so please support your local food banks!

Happy Holidays everyone!

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 16, 2012
Prime wrote:
During these holiday seasons please remember that others may not be as fortunate as you, so please support your local food banks!
Happy Holidays everyone!
Great idea Prime. They need even more food than ever.
You can buy a few cans every time you go shopping or grab an extra chicken or turkey or roast when on sale.

“New one man.”

Location hidden

#3 Nov 16, 2012
Bttt

“GOD IS LOVE”

Since: Aug 09

WE ARE ALL ONE

#4 Nov 16, 2012
It's not like me to forget to bring a carton of canned goods up to the Food Bank in our village.(But somehow....I did...so thanks for the reminder!) We have lived here since 1981 and the Catholic Church has always donated the use of a huge storage room in the Fellowship House next to the church....where everyone in need in the village can get what they can use.
Prime

United States

#5 Nov 16, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea Prime. They need even more food than ever.
You can buy a few cans every time you go shopping or grab an extra chicken or turkey or roast when on sale.
Yep! You would be surprised at how much of an impact you can make on someone's life with just a bit of good will!
Prime

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2012
It's amazing how a good will thread gets no response!

“John 4:23,24”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Nov 16, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
It's not like me to forget to bring a carton of canned goods up to the Food Bank in our village.(But somehow....I did...so thanks for the reminder!) We have lived here since 1981 and the Catholic Church has always donated the use of a huge storage room in the Fellowship House next to the church....where everyone in need in the village can get what they can use.
How many dead Indian children does that cover?
Prime

United States

#8 Nov 16, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
That's awesome!

“GOD IS LOVE”

WE ARE ALL ONE

#10 Nov 16, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.....you are definitely ONE terribly pitiful lady. Your warm and shining personality lacks ANY human compassion for others.

{shudder}
Remnant143999

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Nov 16, 2012
Prime wrote:
Happy Holidays everyone!
Do you know of any kingdom halls that are participating this season? How about just helping their own?

“New one man.”

Location hidden

#12 Nov 16, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>How many dead Indian children does that cover?
You are disgusting filth.

“GOD IS LOVE”

WE ARE ALL ONE

#13 Nov 16, 2012
Prime wrote:
<quoted text>That's awesome!
They NEVER turn anyone away and they NEVER ask what religion anyone is. After my kids left the WTS, they volunteered to fill and deliver food baskets to local families in need. Having come FROM the WTS life...and what we DIDN'T do for our neighbors....the experience was such a great thing for them to see how "the other half" lives.

This Fellowship place also housed the national WIC program and the FADD meetings for Families with Disabled children & ADD....plus a few others like Golden Agers meetings, etc.

The more kindnesses and good works that a community can have integrated within the people living there....the better for everyone involved....the givers AND the receivers.

“GOD IS LOVE”

WE ARE ALL ONE

#14 Nov 16, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
You are disgusting filth.
If we tried to explain to someone else just how VILE and DESPICABLE she is on a regular basis here....we would not be believed. The more she posts---the more others can see what a totally contemptible creature she really is.

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#15 Nov 16, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you really DW?

Location hidden

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
They NEVER turn anyone away and they NEVER ask what religion anyone is. After my kids left the WTS, they volunteered to fill and deliver food baskets to local families in need. Having come FROM the WTS life...and what we DIDN'T do for our neighbors....the experience was such a great thing for them to see how "the other half" lives.
This Fellowship place also housed the national WIC program and the FADD meetings for Families with Disabled children & ADD....plus a few others like Golden Agers meetings, etc.
The more kindnesses and good works that a community can have integrated within the people living there....the better for everyone involved....the givers AND the receivers.
The Catholic church does ask what religion people are before they kill them in their inquisitions and crusades and genocides.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 16, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you turn a blind eye to the millions of people tortured, raped and killed by the Catholic Church (including an unnumbered group of Native children) and heap praise on them for giving out some food that they bought with someone else's money anyway?

Location hidden

#18 Nov 16, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>are you really DW?
You tell me, then, how many baskets of food do they have to give away for killing one Indian child?
TPMP

Skillman, NJ

#19 Nov 16, 2012
Nedoba wrote:
Do you share your daily meals on wheels that get delivered to your home with them as well?.

I was under the impression that things were tight in your home.

But, hey. Giving feels good. Nobody can deny that.

==========

But, the kingdom message has so much better value. Inestimable, really. It is a lifesaver.
TPMP

Skillman, NJ

#20 Nov 16, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church does ask what religion people are before they kill them in their inquisitions and crusades and genocides.
Yep. Back in the colonial days whenever an Indian stood his/her ground and didn't want to convert. They were viciously killed.

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#21 Nov 16, 2012
eagleeye2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me, then, how many baskets of food do they have to give away for killing one Indian child?
who is they? you seem to think that every person is responsible for the crimes of a few.

are all JW responsible for the crimes that some JW commit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jehovah's Witness Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meaning of immortal 25 min PrufSammy 105
Is smoking a sin? 58 min RedhorseWoman 63
should a Christian fight in war? 2 hr Spike 32
The Bible Jehovah`s Witnesses main text Book 2 hr dee rightful 72
News Russia's Crackdown on Jehovah's Witnesses Begin... 3 hr Templelijah 96
Nomi 6 hr His Eminency dr S... 54
The Last Prophecy Mystery Symbol 6 hr Templelijah 6
Yet, Another New Forum... 8 hr Templelijah 205